Inspirational Bible Verses and Songs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JerryVestal, Jul 24, 2019.

1. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

The subject today is Ambition. "When is ambition good?"

GOD's Response:

1) Blessed are the undefiled in the way, Who walk in the law of the LORD! 2) Blessed are those who keep HIS testimonies, Who seek HIM with the whole heart! 3) They also do no iniquity; They walk in HIS ways. 4) YOU have commanded us To keep YOUR precepts diligently. 5) Oh, that my ways were directed To keep YOUR statutes! 6) Then I would not be ashamed, When I look into all YOUR commandments. 7) I will praise YOU with uprightness of heart, When I learn YOUR righteous judgements. 8) I will keep YOUR statutes; Oh, do not forsake me utterly! Psalm 119: 1-8

20) And so I have made it my aim to preach the gospel, not where CHRIST was named, lest I should build on another man's foundation, 21) but as it is written: "To whom HE was not announced, they shall see; And those who have not heard shall understand." Romans 15: 20-21

Ambition is good when it is directed not at the size of an accomplishment but at the quality of your character. The best kind of ambition is to know GOD's will and then use your energies to pursue it. Paul's great ambition was to preach about CHRIST around the world. What great ambition has GOD laid on your heart? And no one says you have to preach and show GOD's love around the world, GOD could have you do it in your own area, work place, and place of relaxation with family and friends. Just ask GOD what HE wants you to do!

GOD's Challenge:
    [Christian Graces] 2) Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving; 3) meanwhile praying also for us, that GOD would open to us a door for the word, to speak the mystery of CHRIST, for which I am also in chains, 4) that I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak. 5) Walk in wisdom toward those who are outside, redeeming the time. 6) Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one. Colossians 4: 2-6

I have four really good songs for this subject. "Rock On" by KJ-52 from his "It's Pronounced "Five Two"" album; "Starts With Me (Feat. Aaron Cole)", "Everything" by Toby Mac from his "The Elements" album; and "Passion" by Stryper from their "Reborn" album.

2. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

03/17/2020 The subject today is Ambition. "When is ambition harmful?"

GOD's Response:
    [The Tower of Babel] 1) Now the whole earth had one language and one speech. 2) And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar, and they dwelt there. 3) Then they said to one another, "Come, let us make bricks and bake them thoroughly." They had brick for stone, and they had asphalt for mortar. 4) And they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city, and a tower whose top is in the heavens; let us make name for ourselves, lest we be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth." 5) But the LORD came down to see the city and the tower which the sons of men had built. 6) And the LORD said, "Indeed the people are one and they all have one language, and this is what they begin to do; now nothing that they propose to do will be withheld form them. 7) Come, let US go down and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another's speech." 8) So the LORD scattered them abroad from there over the face of all the earth, and they ceased building the city. 9) Therefore its name is called Babel, because there the LORD confused the language of all the earth; and from there the LORD scattered them abroad over the face of all the earth. Genesis 11: 1-9
    (The reason the LORD did this was because Cush, one of Noah's grandsons through Ham, Noah's son was creating the first one world government and the Tower of Babel was the first United Nations building, but Cush wanted to be the sole ruler of the world hence the "Great Conspiracy." Astrology was their ruling factor in politics and controlling people in all forms of living and beliefs, also in the origins of Astrology, they actually sacrificed people of all ages, even infants (hello, after-birth-late-term abortion! Sound like anything some states passed awhile ago?). They actually thought if they could reach the physical part of the heavens they would be equals to GOD (dumbasses, they didn't know the lack of oxygen in space), because they hated everything that GOD stood for, all that started from Ham sinning because Ham saw his father naked on the Ark during the flood and got caught doing that, after GOD saved his sorry ass from the flood.)

9) "Woe to him who covets evil gain for his house, That he may set his nest on high, That he may be delivered from the power of disaster! 10) You give shameful counsel to your house, Cutting off many peoples, and sin against your soul. 11) For the stone will cry out from the wall, and the beam from the timbers will answer it. 12)"Woe to him who builds a town with bloodshed, Who establishes a city by iniquity! 13) Behold, is it not of the LORD of hosts That the peoples labor to fed the fire, And nations weary them selves in vain? 14) For the earth will be filled With the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, As the waters cover the sea. Habakkuk 2: 9-14

[Pride Promotes Strife] 1) Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members? 2) You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask. 3) You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures. 4) Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with GOD? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of GOD. 5) Or do you think the SCRIPTURES says in vain, "The SPIRIT who dwells in us yearns jealously"? 6) But HE give more grace. Therefore HE says: "GOD resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble." James 4: 1-6

There's a difference between being a part of GOD's great work and wanting personal greatness through GOD's work. If you're not sure where you fall, examine your motives. If the greatest benefactor of your achievements is yourself, then perhaps your ambition is out of control. Seek to honor GOD and others, not yourself.

GOD's Challenge:
    [Take Up the Cross and Follow HIM] 24) The JESUS said to HIS disciples, "If anyone desires to come after ME, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow ME. 25) For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for MY sake will find it. 26) For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? 27) For the SON of MAN will come in the glory of HIS FATHER with HIS angels, and then HE will reward each according to his works. 28) Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the SON of MAN coming in HIS kingdom." Matthew 16: 24-28

I have two songs for you today; "Crooked Lines" by Hawk Nelson form their "Miracles" album and "Make YOU Mine" by Stryper from their "Reborn" album.

3. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

The subject today is Ambition. "How do I guard against selfish ambition?"

GOD's Response:

[All For CHRIST] 1) Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the LORD. For me to write the same things to you is not tedious, but for you it is safe. 2) Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the mutilation! 3) For we are the circumcision, who worship GOD in the SPIRIT, rejoice in CHRIST JESUS, and have no confidence in the flesh, 4) though I also might have confidence in the flesh. If anyone else thinks he may have confidence in the flesh, I more so: 5) circumcised the eight day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of the Hebrews; concerning the law, a Pharisee; 6) concerning zeal, persecuting the church; concerning the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. 7) But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for CHRIST. 8) Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of CHRIST JESUS my LORD, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain CHRIST 9) and be found in HIM, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in CHRIST, the righteousness which is from GOD by faith; 10) that I may know HIM and the power of HIS resurrection, and the fellowship of HIS sufferings, being conformed to HIS death, 11) if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. Philippians 3: 1-11

[Solomon Blesses the Assembly] 54) And so it was, when Solomon had finished praying all this prayer and supplication to the LORD, that he rose from before the altar of the LORD, from kneeling on his knees with his hands spread up to heaven. 55) Then he stood and blessed all the assembly of Israel with a loud voice, saying: 56) "Blessed be the LORD, who has given rest to HIS people of Israel, according to all that HE promised. There has not failed one word of all HIS good promise, which HE promised through HIS servant Moses. 57) May the LORD our GOD be with us, as HE was with our fathers. May HE not leave us nor forsake us, 58) that HE may incline our hearts to HIMSELF, to walk in all HIS ways, and to keep HIS commandments and HIS statutes and HIS judgements, which He commanded our fathers. 59) And may these words of mine, with which I have made supplication before the LORD, be near the LORD our GOD day and night, that HE may maintain the cause of HIS servant and the cause of HIS people Israel, as each day may require, 60) that all the peoples of the earth may know that the LORD is GOD; there is no other. 61) Let your heart therefore be loyal to the LORD our GOD, to walk in HIS statutes and keep HIS commandments, as at this day." 1 Kings 8: 54-61

Selfish ambition fades as your ambition to serve GOD grows. No earthly achievement can compare to the ultimate accomplishment of having lived this life with great love for the LORD and a desire to serve HIM. This brings you the greatest reward of all--eternal life with HIM--as well as many other enduring rewards. In fact, you must be careful that your earthly achievements don't distract and prevent you from loving GOD, or you will forfeit the greatest promotion you'll ever have! Put your energy into something that will last forever.

GOD's Promise:

1) Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for HE is good! For HIS mercy endures forever. 2) Let Israel now say, "His mercy endures forever." 3) Let the house of Aaron now say, "HIS mercy endures forever." 4) Let those who fear the LORD now say, "HIS mercy endures forever." 5) I called on the LORD in distress; The LORD answered me and set me in a broad place. 6) The LORD is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? 7) The LORD is for me among those who help me; Therefore I shall see my desire on those who hate me. 8) It is better to trust in the LORD Than to put confidence in man. 9) It is better to trust in the LORD Than to put confidence in princes. Psalm 119: 1-9

I have two songs for you today "Open Your Eyes" by Stryper from their "Reborn" album and "In GOD We Trust" by Stryper from their "In GOD We Trust" album.

4. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

03/21/2020 Hi Everyone, we are going to do a double up on the subject Leadership. The first part ""What are some qualities of a godly leader?"

GOD's Response:
    [Greatness Is Serving] 20) Then the mother of Zebedee's sons came to HIM with her sons, kneeling down and asking something from HIM. 21) And HE said to her, "What do you wish?" She said to HIM, "Grant that these two sons of mine may sit, one at YOUR right hand and the other on the left, in YOUR kingdom." 22) But JESUS answered and said, "You do not know what you ask. Are you able to drink the cup that I am about to drink, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?" They said to HIM, "We are able." 23) So HE said to them, "You will indeed drink MY cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with, but to sit on MY right hand and on MY left is not MINE to give, but it is for those of whom it is prepared by MY FATHER." 24) And when the ten heard it, they were greatly displeased with the two brothers. 25) But JESUS called them to HIMSELF and said, "You know that the rulers of Gentiles lord it over them, and those who are great exercise authority over them. 26) Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant. 27) And whoever desires to be first among you, let him be your slave-- 28) just as the SON of MAN did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give HIS life a ransom for many." Matthew 20: 20-28

[Qualifications of Overseers] 1) This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a bishop, he desires a good work. 2) A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; 3) not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; 4) one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence 5) (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of GOD?); 6) not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. 7) Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
    1 Timothy 3: 1-7

1) Then it was, when the wall was built and I had hung the doors, when the gatekeepers, the singers, and the Levites had been appointed, 2) that I gave the charge of Jerusalem to my brother Hanani and Hananiah the leader of the citadel, for he was a faithful man and feared GOD more than many. Nehemiah 7: 1-2

Godly leaders demonstrate maturity, both in their actions and in their knowledge of GOD's WORD. They are more interested in serving than being served. Just because a person has a high position in a church does not exactly mean they are a godly leader, a lot of times they let the position get to their head are led astray from GOD's will and GOD's purpose. we see this the same as everyone else where power and pride takes over. We see this in all positions, business, political, volunteer, and religious. (Such as the so-called-Christian groups and people who persecuted the Ranches.) True leaders, they are more humble than proud, and they do not call attention to their own accomplishments. Their lifestyle cannot be criticized. They do not teach things that contradict the Scripture. Their goal is to unite people, not divide them. They love to talk about spiritual things and the evidence of LOD JESUS CHRIST in their life. They are known for their close walk with GOD. If you are in some leadership capacity, how well do your leadership qualities match this list?

GOD's Promise:
    14) "Return, O backsliding children, " says the LORD; "for I am married to you. I will take you, one from a city and two from a family, and I will bring you to Zion. 15) And I will give you shepherds according to MY heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding. Jeremiah 3: 14-15

I have song for you for the first part "Speak Life" by Toby Mac from his "Eye On It" album.

The second part of the subject Leadership. "What are some keys to effective leadership?"

GOD's Response:
    1)Now the LORD had said to Abram: "Get out of your country, From your family And from your father's house, To a land that I will show you. 2) I will make you a great nation; I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing. 3) I will bless those who bless you , And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed." 4) So Abram departed as the LORD had spoken to him, and Lot went with. And Abram was seventy-five years old when he departed from Haran. Genesis 12: 1-4

12) How can I alone bear your problems and your burdens and your complaints? 13) Choose wise, understanding, and knowledgeable men from among your tribes, and I will make them heads over you.' Deuteronomy 1: 12-13

[Nehemiah Deals with Oppression] 1) And there was a great outcry of the people and their wives against their Jewish brethren. 2) For there were those who said, "We, our sons, and our daughters are many; therefore let us get grain, that we may eat and live." 3) There were also come who said, "We have mortgaged our lands and vineyards and houses, that we might buy grain because of the famine." 4) There were also those who said, "we have borrowed money for the king's tax on our lands and vineyards. 5) Yet now our flesh is as the flesh of our brethren, our children as their children; and indeed we are forcing our sons and our daughters have been brought into slavery. It is not in our power to redeem them, for other men have our lands and vineyards." 6) And I became very angry when I heard their outcry and these words. 7) After serious thought, I rebuked the nobles and rulers, and said to them, "Each of you is exacting usury from his brother." So I called a great assembly against them. 8) And I said to them, "According to our ability we have redeemed our Jewish brethren who were sold to the nations. Now indeed, will you even sell your brethren? Or should they be sold to us?" Then they were silenced and found nothing to say. 9) Then I said, "What you are doing is not good. Should you not walk in the fear of our GOD because of the reproach of the nations, our enemies? 10) I also, with my brethren and my servants, am lending them money and grain. Please, let us stop this usury! 11) Restore now to them, even this day, their lands, their vineyards, their olive groves, and their houses, also a hundredth of the money and the grain, the new wine and the oil, that you have charged them." 12) So they said, "We will restore it, and will require nothing from them; we will do as you say." Then I called the priests, and required an oath from them that they would do according to this promise. 13) Then I shook out the fold of my garment and said, "So may GOD shake out each man from his house, and from his property, who does not perform this promise. Even thus may he be shaken out and emptied." And all the assembly said, "Amen!" and praised the LORD. Then the people did according to this promise. Nehemiah 5: 1-13

Effective leaders seek GOD's call for their lives, settle quarrels, deal with problems, delegate responsibilities to trustworthy subordinates, and courageously stand up to those who are doing wrong. Their mission is to keep peace among the people in and out their circle of influence.

GOD's Challenge:
    [Love and Joy Perfected] [LORD JESUS CHRIST speaking] 9) "As the FATHER loved ME, I also have loved you; abide in MY love. 10) If you keep MY commandments, you will abide in MY love, just as I have kept MY FATHER's commandments and abide in HIS love. 11) "These things I have spoken to you, that MY joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 12) This is MY commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13) Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. 14) You are MY friends if you do whatever I command you. 15) No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from MY FATHER I have made known to you. 16) You did not choose ME, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the FATHER in MY name HE may give you. 17) These things I command you, that you love one another. John 15: 9-17

The song for the second part is ""Love Broke Through" by Toby Mac from his "THIS IS NOT A TEST" album.

5. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

3/22/2020 The subject today is Inspiration. "As a leader, how can I inspire hope?"

GOD's Response:
    17) "If you should say in your heart, 'These nations are greater than I; how can I dispossess them?'-- 18) you shall not be afraid of them, but you shall remember well what the LORD your GOD did to Pharaoh and to all Egypt: 19) the great trials which your eyes saw, the signs and the wonders, the mighty hand and the outstretched arm, by which the LORD your GOD brought you out. So shall the LORD your GOD do to all the peoples of whom you are afraid. Deuteronomy 7: 17-19

8) "Therefore you shall keep every commandment which I command you today, that you may be strong, and go in and possess the land which you cross over to possess, 9) and that you may prolong your days in the land which the LORD swore to give your fathers, to them and their descendants, 'a land flowing with milk and honey.' Deuteronomy 11: 8-9

You inspire hope in others by reminding them of GOD's past, present, and future blessings, by presenting them with a positive vision of the future, and by speaking and acting in ways that show your complete confidence in the LORD's provision. By remembering together how GOD has delivered you in the past, you remind others of the blessings awaiting you in the future.

GOD's Challenge:
    23) Oh, love the LORD, all you HIS saints! For the LORD preserves the faithful, And fully repays the proud person. 24) Be of good courage, And HE shall strengthen your heart, All you who hope in the LORD. Psalm 31: 23-24

The two song I have for you are " "Set A Fire" by Michael W. Smith from his "Awaken: The Surrounded Experience" album and "Broken Things" by Matthew West from his "All In" album.

6. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

03/23/2020 The subject today is Challenges. "What do I need to know about challenges and risks"

GOD's Response:
    8) He wo digs a pit will fall into it, And whoever breaks through a wall will be bitten by a serpent. 9) He who quarries stones may be hurt by them, And he who splits wood may be endangered by it. 10) If the axe is dull, And one does not sharpen the edge, Then he must use more strength; But wisdom brings success. Ecclesiastes 10: 8-10

A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22: 3

35) Who shall separate us from the love of CHRIST? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36) As it is written: "For YOUR sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter." 37) Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through HIM who loved us. Romans 8: 35-37

The HOLY BIBLE says many things about risks and challenges. For example: risk is part of life; smart people try to assess and plan for risk before jumping in; risks and challenges can help you grow in character because you have to work hard to overcome obstacles while relying on the LORD; and no matter what the risk or what the challenge, nothing can separate you from GOD's love.

GOD's Challenge:
    1) He who dwells in the secret place of the MOST HIGH Shall abide under the shadow of the ALMIGHTY. 2) I will say of the LORD, "HE is my refuge and my fortress; My GOD, in HIM I will trust." 3) Surely HE shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler And from the perilous pestilence. 4) HE shall cover you with HIS feathers, And under HIS wings you shall take refuge; HIS truth shall be your shield and buckler. 5) You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, Nor of the arrow that flies by day, 6) Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday. Psalms 91: 1-6

The two songs I have for you today are "Satellite" by P.O.D. from their "Satellite" album and "My Feet Are On The ROCK" by I AM THEY from their "Trial & Triumph" album.

7. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

03/24/2020 The subject today is Change. "Is change necessary?"

GOD's Response:
    [The HOLY SPIRIT Falls on the Gentiles] 44) While Peter was still speaking these words, the HOLY SPIRIT fell upon all those who heard the word. 45) And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the HOLY SPIRIT had been poured out on the Gentiles also. 46) For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify GOD. The Peter answered, 47) "Can anyone forbid water, that these should not be baptized who have received the HOLY SPIRIT just as we have?" 48) And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the LORD. Then they asked him to stay a few days. Acts 10: 44-48 (Back then it was unheard of anyone but the Jews to be saved, but LORD JESUS CHRIST told his apostles and followers it is GOD's will to spread the WORD and baptize others in the world so they can as well have LORD JESUS CHRIST's grace and salvation.)

9) Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds, 10) and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of HIM who created him, 11) where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor circumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but CHRIST is all and in all. Colossians 3: 9-11

GOD is in the business of changing lives. We are always changing in response to HIS call, and becoming more and more like HIM. Leaders are , by definition, also in the business of change. Whether it is helping others change raw materials into finished products, changing people from uneducated to educated, or leading others through political and social change, a good leader understands the necessity of change and the tensions involved in changing. Change is one of the few constants in life, but the key question is: Are you changing for better or worse?

GOD's Promise:
    10) Create in me a clean heart, O GOD, And renew a steadfast spirit in me. 11) Do not cast me away from YOUR presence, And do not take YOUR HOLY SPIRIT from me. 12) Restore to me the joy of YOUR salvation, And uphold me by YOUR generous SPIRIT. 13) Then I w ill teach transgressors YOUR ways, And sinners shall be converted to YOU. Psalm 51: 10-13

I have two songs for you today, "Not What I Used To Be" featuring Erin S. & Natalie Lopez by Infinite from their "The Others" album and "Washed Away/Nothing But The Flood" by Michael W. Smith from his "Awaken: The Surrounded Experience" album.

8. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

03/27/2020 The subject today is Character. "Does a leader's character matter?"

GOD's Response:
    1) The word of the LORD came to me again, saying, 2) "What do you mean when you use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying: 'The fathers have eaten sour grapes, And the children's teeth are set on edge'? 3) "As I live," says the LORD GOD, "you shall no longer use this proverb in Israel. 4) "Behold, all souls are MINE; The soul of the father As well as the soul of the son is MINE; The soul who sins shall die. 5) But if a man is just And does what is lawful and right; 6) If he has not eaten on the mountains, Nor lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, Nor defiled his neighbor's wife, Nor approached a woman during her impurity; 7) If he has not oppressed anyone, But has restored to the debtor his pledge; Has robbed no one by violence, But has given his bread to the hungry And covered the naked with clothing; 8) If he has not exacted usury Nor taken any increase, But has withdrawn his hand from iniquity And executed true judgement between man and man; 9) If he has walked in MY statutes And kept MY judgements faithfully--He is just; He shall surely live!" Says the LORD GOD. Ezekiel 18: 1-9

Even a child is known by his deeds, Whether what he does is pure and right. Proverbs 20: 11

If a leader performs well in their public life, does their personal life matter? Yes. Justice, righteousness, integrity, mercy, honesty, fairness, and faithfulness are essential traits of a godly leader's character because they reflect who a person really is For example, you cannot be honest in your public life, and be a liar and cheat in your personal life. It doesn't work that way. You are who you are, twenty-four hours a day. If you are demonstrating certain ungodly characteristics, you can be sure they will surface in all areas of your life--personal and public.

God's Challenge:
    [The Parable of the Unjust Steward] [LORD JESUS CHRIST speaking] 1) HE also said to HIS disciples: "There was a certain rich man who had a steward, and an accusation was brought to him that this man was wasting his goods. 2) So he called him and said to him, 'What is this I hear about you? Give an account of your stewardship, for you can no longer be steward.' 3) "Then the steward said within himself, 'What shall I do? For my master is taking the stewardship away from me. I cannot dig; I am ashamed to beg. 4) I have resolved what to do, that when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses.' 5) "So he called every one of his master's debtors to him, and said to the first, 'How much do you owe my master?' 6) And he said, 'A hundred measures of oil.' So he said to him, 'Take your bill, and sit down quickly and write fifty.' 7) Then he said to another, 'And how much do you owe?' So he said, 'A hundred measures of wheat.' And he said to him, 'Take your bill, and write eighty.' 8) So the master commended the unjust steward because he dealt shrewdly. For the sons of this world are more shrewd in their generation than the sons of light. 9) "And I say to you, make friends for yourselves by unrighteous mammon, that when you fail, they may receive you into an everlasting home. 10) He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much. 11) Therefore if you have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? 12) And if you have not been faithful in what is another man's, who will give you what is your own? 13) No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve GOD and mammon." Luke 16: 1-13

I have two songs for you today, "Mine Field" by Petra from their "On Fire!" album and "In GOD We Trust" by Stryper from their "IN GOD We Trust" album.

9. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

03/28/2020 The subject today is Decisions. "How can I make good decisions as a leader?"

GOD's Response:
    5) Trust in the LORD withal your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6)In all you ways acknowledge HIM, And HE shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3: 5-6

6) Then King Rehoboam consulted the elders who stood before his father Solomon while he still lived, and he said, "How do you advise me to answer these people?" 7) And they spoke to him, saying, "If you will be a servant to these people today, and serve them, and answer them, and speak good words to them, then they will be your servants forever." 8) But he rejected the advice which the leaders had given him, and consulted the younger men who had grown up with him, who stood before him. 9) And he said to them, "What advice do you give? How should we answer this people who have spoken to me, saying, 'Lighten the yoke which your father put on us'?" 10) Then the young men who had grown up with him spoke to him, saying, "Thus you should speak to this people who have spoken to you, saying, 'Your father made our yoke heavy, but you make it lighter on us'--thus you shall say to them: 'My little finger shall be thicker than my father's waist! 11) And now, whereas my father put a heavy yoke on you, I will add to your yoke; my father chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scourges!'" 1 Kings 12: 6-11

The heart of the prudent acquires knowledge, And the ear of the wise seeks knowledge. Proverbs 18: 15

Begin all decisions with humility and reverence for the ALMIGHTY LORD GOD, because you are ultimately accountable to HIM. Be careful when seeking advice form others. Weigh their advice carefully and youwill be more likely to make good choices. Being open to good advice and seeking godly counsel is not a sign of weakness or inadequacy, but of wisdom.

GOD's Promise:
    17) Deal bountifully with YOUR servant, That I may live and keep YOUR word. 18) Open my eyes, that I may see Wonderous things from YOUR law. 19) I am a stranger in the earth; Do not hide YOUR commandments from me. 20) My soul breaks with longing For YOUR judgements at all times. 21) YOU rebuke the proud--the cursed, WHO stray from YOUR commandments. 22) Remove from me reproach and contempt, For I have kept YOUR testimonies. 23) Princes also sit and speak against me, But YOUR servant meditates on YOUR statutes. 24) YOUR testimonies also are my delight And my counselors. Psalm 119: 17-24

The song today is "Open Your Eyes" by Stryper from their "Reborn" album.

10. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

03/29/2020 The subject today is Example. "As a leader, what can I learn from LORD JESUS CHRIST's example?"

GOD's Response:
    [Murder Begins in the Heart] [LORD JESUS CHRIST speaking] 21) "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of judgement.' 22) But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgement. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire. 23) Therefore if you bring your gift the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24) leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. 25) Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison. 26) Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny. Matthew 5: 21-26 (Raka meant worthless. And to be called a fool was a huge insult back then.)

[The Truth Shall Make You Free] 31) Then JESUS said to those Jews who believed HIM, "If you abide in MY word, you are MY disciples indeed. 32) And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." 33) They answered HIM, "we are Abraham's descendants, and we have never been in bondage to anyone. How can YOU say, 'You will be made free'?" 34) JESUS answered them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave to sin. 35) And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. 36) Therefore if the SON makes you free, you shall be free indeed. John 8: 31-36

Part of a leader's responsibility is to help those they lead to develop a worldview and perspective of GOD's truth that enables them to interpret from an eternal point of view. The truth, even when it is hard, sets people free from ignorance and deception. As a leader, it is your responsibility to keep GOD's truth at the center of all you do and of every decision you make. Then you will be doing the right thing--that which is wise and approved of by GOD. This applies whether you are the leader of a family, a church group, or a large corporation.

GOD's Promise:
    [With GOD All Things Are Possible] 24) And when JESUS saw that he became very sorrowful, HE said, "How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of GOD! 24) For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of GOD." 26) And those who heard it said, "Who then can be saved?" 27) But HE said, "The things which are impossible with men are possible with GOD." 28) Then Peter said, "See, we have left all and followed YOU." 29) So HE said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or parents or brothers or wife or children, for the sake of the kingdom of GOD, 30) who shall not receive many times more in this present time, and in the age to come eternal life."
    Luke 18: 24-30

The two songs I have for you today are "Stay" by Jeremy Camp from his "Stay" album and "Livin' It" by The Cross Movement from their "Livin' It" album.

11. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Hi everyone, sorry I have been missing on putting up the daily Inspirational BIBLE verses. The overactive nerve damage in both ankles have been getting worse the past few days to the point I'm sleeping more just to deal with the pain. If I miss more days then please watch some of the documentaries and the "Answers In Genesis" episodes provided on the post of the PureFlix.com account I shared with you all on the post @freeaccesstoPurelix.comuntilnovember2020 . I'll put up daily BIBLE verses when I can. Sorry everyone. Take care and GOD bless you all and stay safe!

12. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Hi everyone today's subject is a two-part on Foolishness. First part; ""How does the HOLY BIBLE define fools and foolishness?"

GOD's Response:
    [Folly of the Godless, and GOD's Final Triumph] 1) The fool has said in his heart, "There is no GOD." They are corrupt, They have done abominable works, There is none who does good. 2) The LORD looks down from heaven upon the children of men, To see if there are any who understand, who seek GOD. 3) They have all turned aside, They have together become corrupt; There is none who does good, No, not one. 4) Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge, Who eat up my people as they eat bread, And do not call on the LORD? 5) There they are in great fear, For GOD is with the generation of the righteous. 6) You shame the counsel of the poor, But the LORD is his refuge. 7) Oh, that salvation of Israel would come out of Zion! When the LORD brings back the captivity of HIS people, Let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad. Psalm 14: 1-7

[The Beginning of Knowledge] 1) The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel: 2) To know wisdom and instruction, To perceive the words of understanding, 3) To receive the instruction of wisdom, Justice, judgement, and equity; 4) To give prudence to the simple, To the young man knowledge and discretion--5) A wise man will hear and increase learning, And a man of understanding will attain wise counsel, 6) To understand a proverb and an enigma, The words of the wise and their riddles. 7) The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, But fools despise wisdom and instruction Proverbs 1: 1-7

A fool has no delight in understanding, But in expressing his own heart. Proverbs 18: 2

[Build on the ROCK] [LORD JESUS CHRIST speaking] 24) "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of MINE, and does them, I will liken him a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25) and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. 26) But everyone who hears these sayings of MINE, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27) and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall." 28) And so it was, when JESUS had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at HIS teaching, 29) for HE taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.
    Matthew 7: 24-29

The HOLY BIBLE describes a fool as a person who refuses to acknowledge GOD's existence; makes no attempt to develop wisdom and self-discipline; enjoys making fun of that which is good and moral; speaks carelessly and thoughtlessly about others; and thinks he or she is always right. Let "April Fools" describe the day, and not you!

GOD's Challenge:
    He who troubles his own house will inherit the wind, And the fool will be servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11: 29

The song for this first part of the subject is "Hit You Where You Live" by Petra from their "On Fire!" album.

The second part of the subject Foolishness. "How can I keep from acting foolishly?"

GOD's Response:
    As a dog returns to his own vomit, So a fool repeats his folly. Proverbs 26: 11

[The Parable of the Rich Fool] 13) Then one from the crowd said to HIM, "TEACHER, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me." 14) But HE said to him, "Man, who made ME a judge or arbitrator over you?" 15) And HE said to them, "Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses." 16) Then HE spoke a parable to them, saying: "The ground of a certain rich man yielded plentifully. 17) And he thought within himself, saying, 'What shall I do, since I have no room to store my crops?' 18) So he said, 'I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build greater, and there I will store all my crops and my goods. 19) And I will say to my soul, "Soul, you have many goodslaid up for many years; take your ease; eat, drink, and be merry."' 20) But GOD said to him, 'Fool! This night your soul will be required fo you; then whose will those things be which you have provided?' 21) "So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward GOD." Luke 12: 13-21

[Avoid Worldly Wisdom] 18) Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. 19) For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with GOD. For it is written, "HE catches the wise in their own craftiness", and again, "The LORD knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile." 21) Therefore let no one boast in men. For all things are yours: 22) whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas, or the world or life or death, or things present or things to come--all are yours. 23) And you are CHRST's, and CHRIST is GOD's. 1 Corinthians 3: 18-23

There's nothing wrong with enjoying life on this earth unless it is at the expense of a relationship with GOD and in violation of the standards of living written in HIS WORD. Hundreds of wise sayings are found in the HOLY BIBLE to keep you from doing stupid things. Neglecting the basic truths of GOD's love and wisdom is the greatest act of foolishness.

GOD's Challenge:
    31) Do not envy the oppressor, And choose none of his ways; 32) For the perverse person is an abomination to the LORD, But HIS secret counsel is with the upright. 33) The curse of the LORD is on the house of the wicked, But HE blesses the home of the just. 34) Surely HE scorns the scornful, But gives grace to the humble. 35) The wise shall inherit glory, But shame shall be the legacy of fools. Proverbs 3: 31-35

The five songs I have for you toady are "Hey Stoopid!" by Alice Cooper from his "Hey Stoopid" album; "City On Our Knees" by Toby Mac from his "My Hope" album; "Everything" featuring Aaron Cole ", "It's YOU", and "Horizon (A New Day)" by Toby Mac from his "The Elements" album.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY_HFXyTNDs
    Okay the last link does send you to the song Horizon ( A New Day) video, it's just youtube is being a dick right now.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  13. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

04/05/2020 The continuing of the "Make the Connection" Series; Message: "Flip The Switch"; Title: "Light Shines Bright In The Darkness."

1] Darkness Does Not Shine:
    [The New Man] 17) This I say, therefore, and testify in the LORD, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, 18) having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of GOD, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart; 19) who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. 20) But you have not so learned CHRIST, 21) if indeed you have heard HIM and have been taught by HIM, as the truth is in JESUS: 22) that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23) and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24) and that you put on the new man which was created according to GOD, in true righteousness and holiness. Ephesians 4: 17-24

Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, Hebrews 12: 1

2] Light Shines Into the Darkness:
    [Walk in Light] 7)Therefore do not be partakers with them. 8) For you were once in darkness, but now you are light in the LORD. Walk as children of light 9) (for the fruit of the SPIRIT is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), 10) finding out what is acceptable to the LORD. 11) And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12) For it is shameful eve to speak of those things which are done by them in secret. 13) But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light. 14) Therefore HE says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And CHRIST will give you light." Ephesians 5: 7-14 Show GOD's LOVE, not judgement towards each other!

3] Light Overcomes The Darkness: (If you can't read it in the yellow text it says "Light Overcomes The Darkness.")
    [The ETERNAL WORD] 1) In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was with GOD, and the WORD was GOD. 2) HE was in the beginning with GOD. 3) All things were made through HIM, and without HIM nothing was made that was made. 4) In HIM was life, and the life was the light of men. 5) And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. John 1: 1-5

[The Test of Knowing HIM] 3) Now by this we know that we know HIM, if we keep HIS commandments. 4) He who says, "I know HIM," and does not keep HIS commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5) But whoever keeps HIS word, truly the love of GOD is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in HIM. 6) He who says he abides in HIM ought himself also to walk Justas HE walked. 7) Brethren, I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which you heard from the beginning. 8) Again, a new commandment I write to you, which thing is true in HIM and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining. 9) He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. 10) He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. 11) But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes. 1 John 2: 3-11

[The Race of Faith] 1) Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2) looking unto JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before HIM endured the cross, despising the shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of GOD. Hebrews 12: 1-2

Challenge: Make your connection to LORD JESUS CHRIST your one and only eternal SAVIOR!

The two songs I have for you today are "Open The Heavens" by Gateway Worship and "Holy, Holy, Holy" by Reginald Heber (words), John B. Dykes (music), and Phil Nitz (arrangement).

14. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

04/6/2020 Hi everyone with Palm Sunday being yesterday and this week and weekend being Easter week, Passover, and Easter weekend we will be focusing on subjects relating to such events and how it relates to us.
    The subject today is Substitution. "Why did LORD JESUS CHRIST die on the cross?"

GOD's Response:
    [JESUS the GOOD SHEPHERD] 7) Then JESUS said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8) All who ever came before ME are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. 9) I am the door. If anyone enters by ME, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10) The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. 11) "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives HIS life for the sheep. 12) But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. 13) The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep. 14) I am the good shepherd; and I know MY sheep, and am known by MY own. 15) As the FATHER knows ME, even so I know the FATHER; and I lay down MY life for the sheep. 16) And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear MY voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd. 17) "Therefore MY FATHER loves ME, because I lay down MY life that I may take it again. 18) No one takes it from ME, but I lay it down MYSELF. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from MY FATHER." 19) Therefore there was a division again among the Jews because of these sayings. 20) And many of them said, "HE has a demon and is mad. Why do you listen to HIM?" 21) Others said, "These are not the words of one who has a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?" John 10: 7-21

[Living Before GOD Our FATHER] 13) Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of JESUS CHRIST; 14) as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; 15) but as HE who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16) because it is written, "Be holy, for I am holy." 17) And if you call on the FATHER, who without partiality judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear; 18) knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, 19) but with the precious blood of CHRIST, as a lamb without blemish and without spot. 20) HE indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you 21) who through HIM believe in GOD, who raised HIM from the dead and gave HIM glory, so that your faith and hope are in GOD. 1 Peter 1: 13-21

If the president of the United States offered to be executed in the place of a convicted criminal, we would be amazed. How much more should we be amazed that the GOD of the universe took our place, accepting the punishment we deserved for our constant sinning. HIS willingness to make the ultimate sacrifice for you demonstrates HIS great and never-ending love for you!

GOD's Promise:
    [JESUS the TRUE SHEPHERD] [LORD JESUS CHRIST speaking] 1) "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2) But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3) To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4) And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. 5) Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers." 6) JESUS used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which HE spoke to them. John 10: 1-6

The song I have for you today is "Reckless Love" by Michael W. Smith from his "Awaken: The Surrounded Experience" album.

15. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

04/07/2020 The subject today is Remembrance. "How can remembering GOD help me in my spiritual walk?"

GOD's Response:
    [The Greatest Commandment] 1) "Now this is the commandment, and these are statutes and judgements which the LORD your GOD has commanded to teach you, that you may observe them in the land which you are crossing over to possess, 2) that you may fear the LORD your GOD, to keep all HIS statutes and HIS commandments which I command you, you and your son and your grandson, all the days of your life, and that your days may be prolonged. 3) Therefore hear, O Israel, and be careful to observe it, that it may be well with you, and that you may multiply greatly as the LORD GOD of your fathers has promised you--'a land flowing with milk and honey' 4) "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our GOD, the LORD is one! 5) You shall love the LORD your GOD withal your heart, withal your soul, and with all your strength. 6) "And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. 7) You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. 8) You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 9) You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates. Deuteronomy 6: 1-9

Moses reminded the people to take every opportunity of every day to remember GOD's WORD and to tell family and friends of GOD's past and present help and blessings and to live it. If you do this each day you will strengthen your love and commitment to GOD, and this will motivate you to be even more faithful in following days. GOD helps you to fight and to win life's battles. Remember GOD the first thing in the morning and as you fall asleep at night. Remember GOD as the source of the hope you think you've lost, HE is just a talk away, HE is always there and listening. Remember GOD with a thankful heart when you have plenty, for you will need HIM when you have little. Weave HIM into the fabric of your life and your spiritual walk will be strong and focused.

GOD's Promise:
    [Doers--Not Hearers Only] 21) Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls. 22) But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23) For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24) for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. 25) But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does. 26) If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one's religion is useless. 27) Pure and undefiled religion before GOD and the FATHER is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world. James 1: 21-27

The two songs I have for you today are "Speak Life" by Toby Mac from his "Eye On It" album and "Homeless Few" by Petra from their "On Fire!" album.

16. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

04/08/2020 The subject today is Cross. "What does the cross mean for my life today and always?"

GOD's Response:
    [Trained by Saving Grace] 11) For the grace of GOD that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12) teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13) looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our GOD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST, 14) who gave HIMSELF for us, that HE might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for HIMSELF HIS own special people, zealous for good works. 15) Speak these things, exhort, and rebuke withal authority. Let no one despise you. Titus 2: 11-15

[Take Up The Cross and Follow HIM] 8: 34) When HE had called the people to HIMSELF, with HIS disciples also, HE said to me, "Whoever desires to come after ME, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow ME. 35) For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for MY sake and the gospel's will save it. 36) For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? 38) For whoever is ashamed of ME and MY words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the SON of MAN also will be ashamed when HE comes in the glory of HIS FATHER with holy angels." 9: 1) And HE said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you that there are some standing here who will not taste death till they see the kingdom of GOD present with power." Mark 8: 34-38 and 9: 1

When you are absolutely convinced that LORD JESUS CHRIST died on the cross to spare you from eternal punishment and to give you the free gift of eternal life, than the troubles of this world are put in perspective. You know that your future--for all eternity--is secure. This gives you peace no matter what happens in this life, and changes the way you react to the difficulties life throws your way. Your sinful nature no longer controls you; you are free to live as GOD wants you to live.

GOD's Promise:
    [Walking in the SPIRIT] 16) I say then: Walk in the SPIRIT, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17) For the flesh lusts against the SPIRIT, and the SPIRIT against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18) But if you are led by the SPIRIT, you are not under the law. 19) Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20) idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21) envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of GOD. 22) But the fruit of the SPIRIT is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23) gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24) And those who are CHRIST's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25) If we live in the SPIRIT, let us also walk in the SPIRIT. 26) Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another. Galatians 5: 16-26

The three songs I have for you today are "YAHWEH" by Stryper from their "Fallen" album, "Scars" by I AM THEY from their "Trial & Triumph" album, and "All In" from Matthew West from his "All In" album.

17. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Hi everyone, I'm not feeling to well today, so I'm holding off on the daily BIBLE verses today, but hopefully tomorrow I'll be feeling better to the point of putting them up. Have a Happy Easter everyone GOD bless you all! [smilie=i love you1.gif]

18. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

04/10/2020 I'm putting up a two part subject today to make up for yesterday. The first subject is Death. "What happens after I die?"

GOD's Response:
    [Lay Up Treasures in Heaven] [LORD JESUS CHRIST speaking] 19) "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; 20) but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21) For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6: 19-21

[The Judgement Seat of CHRIST] 9) Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to HIM. 10) For we must all appear before the judgement seat of CHRIST, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done in the body, whether good or bad. 11) Knowing, therefore, the terror of the LORD, we persuade men; but we are well known to GOD, and I also trust are well known in your consciences. 2 Corinthians 5: 9-11

[The WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE] [LORD JESUS CHRIST speaking] 1) "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in GOD, believe also in ME. 2) In MY FATHER's house are many mansions, if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to MYSELF; that where I am, there you may be also. 4) And where I go you know, and the way you know." 5) Thomas said to HIM, "LORD, we do not know where YOU are going, and how can we know the way?" 6) JESUS said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the FATHER except through ME. John 14: 1-6

What happens after you die depends on whether you believe that LORD JESUS CHRIST is who HE said HE is. If you believe that LORD JESUS CHRIST is the SON of GOD who died for your sins, and if you let HIM forgive your sins and allow HIM control your life, HE guarantees that you will live forever in heaven. When you travel, it's comforting to know that there is a place to stay at the end of the day. This same comfort is yours as you think of your life journey--you will end up in heaven. What happens after you die is the most important issue you must consider. If you don't want death to be the end of the life with GOD, you must live as though eternal life with LORD JESUS CHRIST is already beginning.

GOD's Promise:
    [The SHEPHERD knows HIS Sheep] 22) Now it was the Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem, and it was winter. 23) And JESUS walked in the temple, in Solomon's porch. 24) Then the Jews surrounded HIM and said to HIM, "How long do YOU keep us in doubt? If YOU are the CHRIST, tell us plainly." 25) JESUS answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in MY FATHER's name, they bear witness of ME. 26) But you do not believe, because you are not of MY sheep, as I said to you. 27) My sheep hear MY voice, and I know them, and they follow ME. 28) And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of MY hand. 29) MY FATHER, who has given them to ME, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of MY FATHER's hand. 30) I and MY FATHER are one." John 10: 22-30

The three songs I have for you are "Last Days" by Infinite from their "The Others" album, "Waymaker" (Featuring Vanessa Campagna & Madelyn Berry) by Michael W. Smith from his "Awaken: The Surrounded Experience" album, and "I Can Only Imagine" by Mercy Me from their "I Can Only Imagine" album.

The second subject is Resurrection. "What does LORD JESUS CHRIST' resurrection mean to me?"

GOD's Response:
    [The New Birth] 1) There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2) this man came to JESUS by night and said to HIM, "Rabbi, we know that YOU are a teacher come form GOD; for no one can do these signs that YOU do unless GOD is with him." 3) JESUS answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of GOD." 4) Nicodemus said to HIM, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born again?" 5) JESUS answered, "Most assuredly, I say unto you, unless one is born of water and SPIRIT, he cannot enter the kingdom of GOD. 6) That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the SPIRIT is spirit. 7) Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' 8) The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the SPIRIT." 9) Nicodemus answered and said to HIM, "How can these things be?" 10) JESUS answered and said to him, "Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things? 11) Most assuredly, I say to you, WE speak what WE know and testify what WE have seen, and you do not receive OUR witness. 12) If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13) No one has ascended to heaven but HE who came down from heaven, that is, the SON of MAN who is in heaven. 14) And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the SON of MAN be lifted up, 15) that whoever believes in HIM should not perish but have eternal life. 16) For GOD so loved the world that HE gave HIS only begotten SON, that whoever believes in HIM should not perish but have everlasting life. 17) For GOD did not send HIS SON into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might through HIM might be saved. 18) He who believes in HIM is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten SON of GOD. 19) And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20) For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21) But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in GOD." John 3: 1-21 (When LORD JESUS CHRIST was speaking "WE and OUR", HE was talking about FATHER GOD, LORD JESUS CHRIST, and the HOLY SPIRIT, for THEY are THREE in ONE.)

[HE is Risen] 1) Now on the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they, and certain other women with then, came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared. 2) But they found the stone rolled away from the tomb. 3) Then they went in and did not find the body of the LORD JESUS. 4) And it happened, as they were greatly perplexed about this, that behold, two men stood by them in shinning garments. 5) Then, as they were afraid and bowed their faces to the earth, they said to them, "Why do you seek the living among the dead? 6) HE is not here, but is risen! Remember how HE spoke to you when HE was still in Galilee, 7) saying, "The SON of MAN must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again." 8) And they remembered HIS words. 9) Then they returned from the tomb and told all these things to the eleven and to all the rest. 10) It was Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and the other women with them, who told these things to the apostles. 11) And their words seemed to them like idle tales, and they did not believe them. 12) But Peter arose and ran to the tomb; and stooping down, he saw the linen cloths lying by themselves; and he departed, marveling to himself at what had happened. Luke 24: 1-12

[A Glorious Body] 35) But someone will say, "How are the dead raised up? And with what body do they come?" 36) Foolish one, what you sow is not made alive unless it dies. 37) And what you sow, you do not sow that body that shall be, but mere grain--perhaps wheat or some other grain. 38) But GOD gives it a body as HE pleases, and to each seed its own body. 39) All flesh is not the same flesh, but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of animals, another of fish, and another of birds. 40) There are also celestial bodies and terrestrial bodies; but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. 41) There is one glory of the sun, another glory of the moon, and another of the stars; for one star differs from another star in glory. 42) So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. 43) It is sown dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. 44) It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. 45) And so it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being." The last ADAM became a life-giving spirit. 46) However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual. 47) The first man was, made of dust; the second MAN is the LORD from heaven. 48) As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly MAN, so also are those who are heavenly. 49) And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly MAN. 1 Corinthians 15: 35-49

Without the resurrection of LORD JESUS CHRIST from the dead there would be no Christianity. the resurrection is central because it demonstrates GOD's power over death and sin and gives us the assurance that we also will be resurrected. The power of GOD that brought LORD JESUS CHRIST back from the dead can bring you back to life if you have asked HIM to forgive your sins and accepted LORD JESUS CHRIST as your LORD and SAVIOR forever and give you a new life in HIM. LORD JESUS CHRIST's death was not the end. Instead, HIS resurrection was the beginning of eternal life for all who believe in HIM. Do you believe?

GOD's Promise:
    [The WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE] [LORD JESUS CHRIST speaking] 1) "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in GOD, believe also in ME. 2) In MY FATHER's house are many mansions, if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to MYSELF; that where I am, there you may be also. 4) And where I go you know, and the way you know." 5) Thomas said to HIM, "LORD, we do not know where YOU are going, and how can we know the way?" 6) JESUS said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the FATHER except through ME. John 14: 1-6

The two songs I have for you are "Washed Away/Nothing But The Blood" by Michael W. Smith from his "Awaken: The Surrounded Experience" album and "See The LIGHT" by Toby Mac from his "The Elements" album.

19. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

04/11/2020 The subject today is Newness. "What will my body be like after it is resurrected?"

GOD's Response:
    [A Glorious Body] 35) But some will say, "How are the dead raised up? And with what body do they come?" 36) Foolish one, what you sow is not made alive unless it dies. 37) And what you sow, you do not sow that body that shall be, but mere grain--perhaps wheat or some other grain. 38) But GOD gives a body as HE pleases, and to each seed its own body. 39) All flesh is not the same flesh, but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of animals, another of fish, and another of birds. 40) There are also celestial bodies and terrestrial bodies; but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. 41) There is one glory of the sun, another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for one star differs from another star in glory. 42) So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. 43) It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. 44) It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45) And so it is written, "The first Adam became a living being." The last ADAM became a live-giving spirit. 46) However, the spiritual is not the first, but the natural, and after ward the spiritual. 47) The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second MAN is the LORD from heaven. 48) As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly MAN, so also are those who are heavenly. 49) And as we have borne the image of man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly MAN. 1 Corinthians 15: 35-49

Your resurrected body will be a literal and physical body like you have now, except that it will also have many supernatural characteristics. You may be able to walk through walls, as LORD JESUS CHRIST did with HIS resurrected body. More importantly, your new body won't ever decay from the effects of sin. You will never be sick or in pain nor have physical deformities, nor will your mind think sinful thoughts, nor your heart, soul, and spirit feel sinful stuff. You will be fully and finally perfect in GOD's sight.

GOD's Promise:
    [Our Final Victory] 50) Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of GOD; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51) Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall be changed--52) in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53) For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54) So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory." 55) "O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?" 56) The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. 57) But thanks be to GOD, who gives us the victory through our LORD JESUS CHRIST. 58) Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the LORD, knowing that your labors is not in vain in the LORD. 1 Corinthians 15: 50-58

I have three songs for you "After Forever" by Styper from their "Fallen" album, "One Phenom (Remix)" by Toby Mac from the "X 2004 17 Christian Rock Hits!" album, and "I Can Only Imagine" by Mercy Me from their "I Can Only Imagine" album.

20. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

04/12/2020 Easter Service Message. The continuing of the "Make the Connection" Series; Message: "Flip The Switch"; Title: "JESUS CHRIST Flipped The Switch."

1) JESUS CHRIST Flipped The Switch On How We View Life:
    [LORD JESUS CHRIST speaking] The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10: 10 (The thief is the Satan/Lucifer/Devil and his demonic minions as well as those who reject GOD and tempts us to leave GOD.)

JESUS CHRIST teaches us to trust HIM. It's GOD's way not our way in life.

JESUS CHRIST teaches us to delight in HIM.
    17) Do not let your heart envy sinners, But be zealous for the fear of the LORD all the day; 18) For surely there is a hereafter, And your hope will not be cut off. Proverbs 23: 17-18

Delight yourself also in the LORD, And HE shall give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37: 4 (Desires of your heart have to match GOD's heart not the reverse.)

[Walking in The SPIRIT] 16) I say then: Walk in the SPIRIT, and you shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 17) For the flesh lusts against the SPIRIT, and the SPIRIT against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18) But if you are led by the SPIRIT, you are not under the law. 19) Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20) idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outburst of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21) envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of GOD. 22) But the fruit of the SPIRIT is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23) gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24) And those who are CHRIST's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25) If we live in the SPIRIT, let us also walk in the SPIRIT. 26) Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another. Galatians 5: 16-26

2) JESUS CHRIST Flipped The Switch On How We View Death:
    for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of GOD, Romans 3: 23

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of GOD is eternal life in CHRIST JESUS our LORD. Romans 6: 23

"Death is the supreme festival on the road to freedom." from Dietrich Bonhoeffer (A Jewish Holocaust Survivor)

"Death used to be an executioner, but because of the gospel, JESUS has made death just a gardener. All death can do is plant me in HIS love and make me come up in ways I never been before." George Herbert (Poet and priest in England)

3) JESUS CHRIST Flipped The Switch On How We View Eternity:
    LORD JESUS CHRIST was able to prove who HE said HE was by HIS empty tomb and HIS resurrection unlike other false gods, faiths, and prophets such as Mohamed, Buddha, John Smith, and etc.

21) For to me, to live is CHRIST, and to die is gain. 22) But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall I choose I cannot tell. 23) For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with CHRIST, which is far better. Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you. Philippians 1: 21-24

Earth and the rest of this Universe is not our home, we are just visiting here on our way to our real Home in Heaven in Eternity.

[LORD JESUS CHRIST speaking] For GOD so loved the world HE gave HIS only begotten SON, that whoever believes in HIM should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3: 16

The Challenge: Make the Connection to LORD JESUS CHRIST! I hope you all had a great Easter, stay safe and happy! I love you all and GOD bless you all! [smilie=i love you1.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

I have four songs for you this Easter Sunday; "GOD Of The Promise" by Elevation Worship, Reckless Love" by Michael W. Smith from his "Awaken: The Surrounded Experience", "The Old Rugged Cross" sung by Elvis Presley (Surprise fact, he loved doing more Christian hymns and song that regular songs his parents mentioned.), and "HE Lives" sung by Alan Jackson from his "Precious Memories Volume 2" album.

21. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

04/13/2020 The subject today is Confidence. "How can I have confidence that GOD will someday resurrect me?"

GOD's Response:
    [The Risen CHRIST, Our Hope] 12) Now if CHRIST is preached that HE has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13) But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then CHRIST is not risen. 14) And if CHRIST is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty. 15) Yes, and we are found false witnesses of GOD, because we have testified of GOD that HE raised up CHRIST, whom HE did not raise up--if in fact the dead do not rise. 16) For if the dead do not rise, then CHRIST is not risen. 17) And if CHRIST is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins! 18) Then also those who have fallen asleep in CHRIST have perished. 19) If in this life only we have hope in CHRIST, we are of all men the most pitiable. 1 Corinthians 15: 12-19

[The Sadducees: What About the Resurrection?] 23 The same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to HIM and asked HIM, 24) say: "Teacher, Moses said that if a man dies, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife and raise up offspring for his brother. 25) Now there were with us seven brothers. The first died after he had married, and having no offspring, left his wife to his brother. 26) Likewise the second also, and the third, even to the seventh. 27) Last of all the woman died also. 28) Therefore, in the resurrection, whose wife of the seven will she be? For they all had her." 29) JESUS answered and said to them, "You are mistaken, not knowing the SCRIPTURES nor the power of GOD. 30) For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are they given marriage, but are like angels of GOD in heaven. 31) But concerning the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was spoken to you by GOD saying, 32) 'I am the GOD of Abraham, the GOD of Isaac, and the GOD of Jacob'? GOD is not the GOD of the dead, but of the living." 33) And when the multitudes heard this, they were astonished at HIS teaching. Matthew 22: 23-33

You can only be confident that you will be raised from the dead if you truly believe that LORD JESUS CHRIST died for your sins--that HE was truly dead and that HE rose from the dead and ascended into heaven. If LORD JESUS CHRIST was raised from the dead with anew body, then HE was who GOD claimed HE was, for no human has ever had power over death. And if LORD JESUS CHRIST is GOD, you can believe HIM when HE says that those who believe in HIM are assured of also being resurrected and of living forever with HIM in heaven. Do you believe? Your very life and soul depends on it.

GOD's Promise:
    [I Am the Resurrection and the Life] 17) So when JESUS came, HE found that he had already been in the tomb four days. 18) Now Bethany was near Jerusalem, about two miles away. 19) And many of the Jews had joined the women around Martha and Mary, to comfort them concerning their brother. 20) Now Martha said to JESUS, "LORD, if YOU had been here, my brother would have not died. 22) But even now I know that whatever YOU ask of GOD, GOD will give YOU." 23) JESUS said to her, "Your brother will rise again." 24) Martha said to HIM, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day." 25) JESUS said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in ME, though he may die, he shall live. 26) And whoever lives and believes in ME shall never die. Do you believe this?" 27) She said to HIM, "Yes, LORD, I believe that YOU are the CHRIST, the SON of GOD, who is come into the world." John 11: 17-27 (This was the beginning of the story of the Lazarus being raised from the dead.)

I have good educational comical video by Christian stand-up comic, Brad Stine, on resurrection and the HOLY BIBLE. You'll like it; after that I have a regular music video for you called "Last Days" by Infinite from their "The Others" album.

22. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

04/14/2020 The subject today is Materialism. "How can I avoid a materialistic lifestyle?"

GOD's Response:
    25) You shall burn the carved images of their gods with fire; you shall not covet the silver or gold that is on them, not take it for yourselves, lest you be snared by it; for it is an abomination to the LORD you GOD. 26) Nor shall you bring and abomination into your house, lest you be doomed to destruction like it. You shall utterly detest it and utterly abhor it, for it is an accursed thing. Deuteronomy 7: 25-26

And he said: "Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked shall I return there. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; Blessed be the name of the LORD." Job 1: 21

[Do Not Worry] 22) Then HE said to HIS disciples, "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; nor about the body, what you will put on. 23) Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing. 24) Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and GOD feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds? 25) And which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? 26) If you then are not able to do the least, why are you anxious for the rest? 27) Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil or spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 28) If then GOD so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will HE clothe you, O you of little faith? 29) "And do not seek what you should eat or what should drink, nor have an anxious mind. 30) For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your FATHER knows that you need these things. 31) But seek the kingdom of GOD, and all these things shall be added to you. 32) "Do not fear, little flock, for it is your FATHER's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. 33) Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys. 34) For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Luke 12: 22-34

Because people have an enormous passion for wanting more things, materialism has great power to turn them away from the LORD. The problem is not with the things themselves, but with a focus on acquiring and managing wealth that begins to consume all your time and push GOD out of your life. Take another look at what is really valuable. Investing money for the future is important, but investing in GOD's work and in the lives of others pays dividends for eternity. Your monetary investments become worthless to you when you die--none of them can go with you. Consider the spiritual investments you have made. What treasures have you been storing up for eternity? Nothing in GOD's WORD says you can't enjoy yourself with your wealth as well as plan for the future, just be careful you depend more on GOD and HIS will and not on money alone.

GOD's Promise:
    [Do Not Love the World] 15) Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the FATHER is not in him. 16) For all that is in the world-- the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life--is not of the FATHER but is of the world. 17) And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of GOD abides forever. 1 John 2: 15-17

The song I have for you today is "In GOD We Trust" from Stryper from their "In GOD We Trust" album.

23. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

04/17/2020 Hi everyone just catch-up today tomorrow we are doing a double up on daily subjects. The first subject is Needs. "I've made some bad financial decisions. Will GOD still help me deal with my debts?

GOD's Response:
    [Do Not Worry] [LORD JESUS CHRIST speaking] 25) "Therefore I say to, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26) Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap not gather into barns; yet your heavenly FATHER feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27) Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? 28) "So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29) and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30) Now if GOD so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will HE not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31) "Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32) For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly FATHER knows that you need all these things. 33) But seek first the kingdom of GOD and HIS righteousness, and all these thing shall be added to you. 34) Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. Matthew 6: 25-34

You will honor GOD if you make a budget so that you live within your means and pay off your debts. GOD wants help free you from the burden of heavy debts because it makes you worry and distracts you from HIM. Ask GOD for wisdom. HE knows your needs and will help you meet them if you are willing to make the needed sacrifices. GOD will also help in need of dire straits such as recovering and the need of financial help such as the covid-19 problem we are facing.

GOD's Promise:
    [Do Not Rob GOD] 8) "Will a man rob GOD? Yet you have robbed ME! But you say, 'In what way have you robbed YOU?' In tithes and offerings. 9) You are cursed with a curse, For you have robbed ME, Even this whole nation. 10) Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in MY house, And try ME now in this," Says the LORD of host, "If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it. 11) "And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, So that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, Nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field," Says the LORD of hosts; 12) And all nations will call you blessed, For you will be a delightful land," Says the LORD of hosts. Malachi 3: 8-12 (The robbing of GOD is not just about the physical tithing which usually went to feed the priests but, also the widows, orphans, and the needy; but it mostly meant giving GOD thanks and praise for everything good and bad, knowing GOD was helping them as it is today. Make GOD the center of your life and not the other way!)

The two songs I have for you today are "The Elements" and "I Just Need U." by Toby Mac from his "The Elements" album.

The second subject is Panic. "The worries on my life in my life are causing me to panic. How can I overcome these fears?"

GOD's Response:
    10) And when Pharaoh drew near, the children of Israel lifted their eyes, and behold the, the Egyptians marched after them. So they were very afraid, and the children of Israel cried out to the LORD. 11) Then they said to Moses, "Because there were no graves in Egypt, have you taken us away to die in the wilderness? Why have you so dealt with us, to bring us up out of Egypt? 12) Is this not the word that we told you in Egypt, saying, 'Let us alone that we may serve the Egyptians'? For it would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than that we should die in the wilderness. 13)And Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid. Standstill, and see the salvation of the LORD, which HE will accomplish for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall see again no more forever. 14) The LORD will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace." Exodus 14: 10-14

12) "If I were hungry, I would not tell you; For the world is MINE, and all its fulness. 13) Will I eat the flesh of bulls, Or drink the blood of the goats? 14) Offer to GOD thanksgiving, And pay your vows to the MOST HIGH. 15) Call upon ME in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify ME." Psalms 50: 12-15

Panic is the feeling that an overwhelming crisis is looming and you have no control. These verses make the situation clear. GOD's job is to recue you. Your job is to trust GOD and then to give GOD glory. What a beautiful picture! Troubles are an occasion to experience GOD's peace, not panic. Often, though, we get things exactly backwards. We make matters worse by expecting GOD to trust us to rescue ourselves so that we get the glory. A key to success in all of life--and especially when facing challenges--is to give things over to GOD that are out of your control.

GOD's Promise:
    4) I sought the LORD, and HE heard me, And delivered me from all my fears. 5) They looked to HIM and were radiant, And their faces were not ashamed. 6) This poor man cried out, and the LORD heard him, And saved him out of all his troubles. 7) The angel of the LORD encamps all around those who fear HIM, And delivers them. Psalm 34: 4-7

The song I have for you today is "Never Let Me Go" by Family Force 5 from their "Business Up Front, Party In The Back: Diamond Edition" album.

24. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

4/19/2020 The continuing of the "Make The Connection" series; Message: "Flip The Switch"; Title: "Lights Out".

Judas (One of the twelve disciples, treasurer: he used the money for his own benefit.) :

1) And when HE had called HIS twelve disciples to HIM, HE gave them power over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease. 2) Now the names of the twelve apostles are these are these: first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother; 3) Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose sure name was Thaddaeus; 4) Simon the Cananite, Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed HIM. Matthew 10: 1-4

[The Plot to Kill JESUS] 1) Now it came to pass, when JESUS had finished all these sayings, that HE said to HIS disciples, 2) "You know that after two days is the Passover, and the SON of MAN will be delivered up to be crucified." 3) Then the chief priests, the scribes, and the elders of the people assembled at the palace of the high priest, who was called Caiaphas, 4) and plotted to take JESUS by trickery and kill HIM. 5) But they said, "Not during the feast, lest there be an uproar among the people." Matthew 26: 1-5

[The Anointing at Bethany] 6) And when JESUS was in Bethany at the house of Simon the leper, 7) a woman came to HIM having an alabaster flask of very costly fragrant oil, and she poured it on HIS head as HE sat at the table. 8) But when HIS disciples saw it, they were indignant, saying, "Why this waste? 9) For this fragrant oil might have been sold much and given to the poor." 10) But when JESUS was aware of it, HE said to them, "Why do you trouble the woman? For she has done a good work for ME. 11) For you have the poor with you always, but ME you do not have always. 12) For in pouring this fragrant oil on MY body, she did it for MY burial. 13) Assuredly, I say to you, wherever this gospel is preached in the whole world, what this woman has done will also be told as a memorial to her." Matthew 26: 6-13

[Judas Agrees to Betray JESUS] 14) Then one of the twelve, called Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests 15) and said, "What are you willing to give me if I deliver HIM to you?" And they counted out to him thirty pieces of silver. 16) So from that time he sought opportunity to betray HIM. Matthew 26: 14-16

We are more like Judas of Iscariot than we believe, in the good and the bad. "How much is worth to you to sin and betray against GOD?"

Mary Magdalene and the 11 Disciples:

[The Empty Tomb] 1) Now the first day of the week Mary Magdalene went to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb. 2) Then she ran and came to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom JESUS loved, and said to them, "They have taken away the LORD out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have taken HIM." 3) Peter therefore went out, and the other disciple, and were going to the tomb. 4) So they both ran together, and the other disciple outran Peter and came to the tomb first. 5) And he, stooping down and looking in, saw the linen cloths lying there; yet he did not go in. 6) Then Simon Peter came, following him, and went into the tomb; and he saw the linen cloths lying there, 7) and the handkerchief that had been around HIS head, not lying with the linen cloths, but folded together in a place by itself. 8) Then the other disciple, who came to the tomb first, went in also; and he saw and believed. 9) For as yet they did not know the SCRIPTURE, that HE must rise again form the dead. 10) Then the disciples went away again to their own homes. John 20: 1-10

The Resurrection Flips The Switch On Doubt:

[Mary Magdalene Sees the Risen LORD] 11) But Mary stood outside by the tomb weeping, and as she wept she stooped down and looked into the tomb. 12) And she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head and the other at the feet, where the body of JESUS had lain. 13) Then they said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping?" She said to them, "Because they have taken away my LORD, and I do not know where they have laid HIM." 14) Now when she had said this, she turned around and saw JESUS standing there, and did not know that it was JESUS, 15) JESUS said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?" She supposing HIM to be the gardener, said to HIM, "Sir, if YOU have carried HIM away, tell me where YOU have laid HIM, and I will take HIM away." 16) JESUS said to her, "Mary!" She turned and said to HIM, "RABBONI!" (which is to say, TEACHER). 17) JESUS said to her, "Do not cling to ME, for I have not yet ascended to MY FATHER; but go to MY brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to MY FATHER and your FATHER, and to MY GOD and your GOD.'" 18) Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the LORD, and that HE had spoken these things to her. John 20: 11-18

[Seeing and Believing] 24) Now Thomas, called the Twin, of the twelve, was not with them when JESUS came. 25) The other disciples therefore said to him, "We have seen the LORD." So he said to them, "Unless I see in HIS hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into HIS side, I will not believe." 26) And after eight days HIS disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. JESUS came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, "Peace to you!" 27) Then HE said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at MY hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into MY side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing." 28) And Thomas answered and said to HIM, "My LORD and my GOD!" 29) JESUS said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen ME, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20: 24-29

[That You May Believe] 30 And truly JESUS did many other signs in the presence of HIS disciples, which are not written in this book; 31) but these are written that you may believe that JESUS is the CHRIST, the SON of GOD, and that believing you may have life in HIS name. John 20: 30-31

Challenge:
    You Need To Flip The Switch: caring for everyone. "Keep connected with GOD and everyone else!"

The two songs I have for you today are "Only KING Forever" by Elevation Worship and "The Sons and Daughters of GOD" by North Point Worship.

Lunch Buffett likes this.
  25. I keep seeing this thread pop up on Sunday. Are you a pastor of some kind Jerry? Kind of cool to see some quotes. There are some good ones,in the Bible. Mr raised Mormon, became a penetecostal, toyed with Buddhism, and lastly studied Islam for a while.... later just became agnostic after learning all I did. There is some good in all religions and some things not so good. The Mrs is spiritual while not being “religious”

anyway, although not for me thanks for sharing.

I remember Stryper back in the day :D

JerryVestal likes this.
  26. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

You and Mrs are welcome for the daily scripture postings, Florida Couple. Nah, there is no way any Christian college would allow me in, nor have me qualified to be a pastor, I'm too screwed up like everyone else on here. But hey, GOD calls the misfits to be HIS servants not the perfect. For Sundays I post the scripture messages from my local church that I attend, right now they are doing the messages on their site with the corona virus thing going on. As for the daily ones Mondays through Saturdays if I can, I post what comes to mind on different subjects we all face and try to match up the best song with the same meaning to help bring the message home. This for everyone to enjoy whether you are of the Christian faith or not, just something to get out of the daily verses and subjects, even I need a refresher course. If you and the Mrs have any thing you want to share on here, go right ahead. I mainly teach straight from the King James Version HOLY BIBLE. Yeah Stryper is a great band, their most recent album I do believe is "Fallen", good album. Toby Mac's "The Elements" album is pretty good too. I hope you both enjoy this site and chatting with everyone, we all are real friendly on here.

27. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Okay I'm not feeling all that well today and probably not going to be any better the next few days either, so until maybe Thursday more than likely Friday I'll post more Daily Inspirational Bible Verses so until I feel better, have a good week everyone and GOD bless you all!

Lunch Buffett likes this.
  28. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

04/23/2020 Hi everyone, so far I'm feeling a little better from this nasty cold I'm dealing with, just not enough to get back to my exercising yet, letting the body rest little by little. So today's subject is GOD's Promises. "How can GOD's promises change the way I live?"

GOD's Response:
    [The Promise Granted Through Faith] 13) For the promise that he would be heir of the world was not to Abraham or to his seed through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. 14) For if the those who are of the law are heirs, faith is made void and the promise made no effect, 15) because the law brings about wrath; for where there is no law there is no transgression. 16) Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all 17) (as it is written, "I have made you a father of many nations") in the presence of HIM whom he believed--GOD, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did; 18) who, contrary to hope, in hope believed, so that he became the father of many nations, according to what was spoken, "So shall your descendants be." 19) And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body, already dead (since he was about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah's womb. 20) He did not waver at the promise of GOD through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to GOD, 21) and being fully convinced that what HE had promised HE was also able to perform. 22) And therefore "it was accounted to him for righteousness." 23) Now it was not written for his sake alone that it was imputed to him, 24) but also for us. It shall be imputed to us who believe in HIM who raised up JESUS our LORD from the dead, 25) who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification. Romans 4: 13-25

When you are absolutely convinced that GOD is able to do anything HE promises, then the troubles of this world are put in perspective. When you are absolutely convinced that GOD will keep HIS promises, you will follow HIM without hesitation. And when you follow HIM, you will have peace no matter what happens.

GOD's Promise:
    [GOD's Infallible Purpose in CHRIST] 13) For when GOD made a promise to Abraham, because HE could swear by no one greater, HE swore by HIMSELF, 14) saying, "Surely blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply you." 15) And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise. 16) For men indeed swear by the greater, and an oath for confirmation is for them an end of all dispute. 17) Thus GOD, determining to show more abundantly to the heirs of promise the immutability of HIS counsel, confirmed it by an oath, 18) that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for GOD to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us. 19) This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the PRESENCE behind the veil, 20) where the forerunner has entered for us, even JESUS, having become HIGH PRIEST forever according to the order of Melchizedek. Hebrews 6: 13-20

The two songs I have for you today are "Never Let You Down" (featuring Hunter and Tara) by Hawk Nelson from their "Miracles" album and "Drops In The Ocean" by Hawk Nelson from their "Diamonds" album.

29. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

04/26/2020 The continuing of "Make The Connection" Series; Message: "Flip The Switch"; Title: "Mission."

[LORD JESUS CHRIST speaking] A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly trained will be like his teacher. Luke 6: 40

1) Vision- Connecting People to CHRIST:

1] Maturing and growing ourselves and others. Connect to CHRIST.
    JESUS said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the FATHER except through ME. John 14: 6

2] Connecting to CHRIST is the engine to living as a CHRIST follower:
    Fuel we need to use: HOLY BIBLE reading and HOLY BIBLE living, prayer, learning, and worshiping.

2) Connection to Community:
    GOD gave us gifts to use all different and unique, so use them:
    1] Commune with others in communities:
    But if we walk in the light as HE is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of JERSUS CHRIST HIS SON cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1: 7

2] Join a group:
    [LORD JESUS CHRIST speaking] 34) A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35) By this all will know that you are MY disciples, if you have love for one another." John 13: 34-35
    Meet physical needs and pray for each other, deliver on accountability.
    As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. Proverbs 27: 17

3] Love Others Well:
    8) Again, a new commandment I write to you, which thing is true in HIM and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining. 9) He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in the darkness until now. 10) Ho who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. 11) But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes. 1 John 2: 8-11

3) Connect to Serving:
    1] The Reward of Eternal Life in Heaven:
    For GOD is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love which you have shown towards HIS name, in that you have ministered to saints, and do minister. Hebrews 6: 10
    Disciple, share, and baptize others. (It helps others and you as well.)
    [LORD JESU CHRIST speaking] 16) Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. 17) If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them. 20) Most assuredly, I say to you, he who receives whomever I send receives ME; and he who receives ME receives HIM who sent ME." John 13: 16-17, 20

2] Nothing is Insignificant to GOD:
    Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the LORD, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the LORD. 1 Corinthians 15: 58
    Is it for your glory or GOD's glory?

4) Connect To Others:
    [The Great Commission] 16) Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, to the mountain which JESUS had appointed for them. 17) When they saw HIM, they worshiped HIM; but some doubted. 18) And JESUS came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to ME in heaven and on earth. 19) Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the FATHER and of the SON and of the HOLY SPIRIT, 20) teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen. Matthew 28: 16-20

Challenge:
    Do you have people in your life who you can intentionally share LORD JESUS CHRIST with?

Two good movies on www.pureflix.com to check out resulting today's message are "Finding Normal" and "GOD's Compass"

The four songs for today are "Yes I Will' by Vertical Worship, "GOD I look To YOU" by Bethel Worship, "Give Me YOUR Eyes" by Brandon Heath from his "Give Me YOUR Eyes" album, and "Homeless Few" by Petra from their "On Fire!" album.

30. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Sorry I have been absent a lot lately people, it's not that I'm quitting on this post, just I have been really sick lately off and on (no, it's not covid-19), just a lot sever colds and maybe the flu. So some days I may post a subject and the other days I'm not able to sorry, just dealing with the sickness. I can't wait until I am fully better not to post BIBLE subjects but also to join you all on the other posts on this site, I really do miss everyone on here. So, the subject today is Problems. "How does GOD's strength help me with my problems?"

GOD's Response:
    6) In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, 7) that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of JESUS CHRIST, 8) whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see HIM, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, 9) receiving the end of your faith--the salvation of your souls. 1 Peter 1: 6-9

The next time you face trouble or hardship, see it as an opportunity to rely on GOD for strength and endurance. If you can trust HIM with your pain, confusion, and loneliness, you will win a spiritual victory because you will have defended yourself against the temptation of the enemy (Lucifer/Satan/The Devil and his fellow fallen angels/demon minions and sin) to let anger, bitterness, or discouragement defeat you. GOD never promised to make your life easy; but GOD did promise to be with you to make your faith strong and pure through the trials and troubles of your life.

GOD's Challenge:
    20) He did not waver at the promise of GOD through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to GOD, 21) and being fully convinced that what HE had promised HE was also able to perform. 22) And therefore "it was accounted to him for righteousness." Romans 4: 20-22 [It is talking about Abraham's faith and friendship in GOD.]

May our FATHER GOD, our SAVIOR LORD JESUS CHRIST, and our COMFORTER and GUIDEANCE THE HOLY SPIRIT be with you all not just during these hard times but also in times of blessings. I hope and pray everyday that you and your loved ones are all safe and healthy, I love you all very much! [smilie=i love you1.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

The two songs I have for you are "The River Of Dreams" by Billy Joel from his "River Of Dreams" album and "Never Let You Down" featuring Hunter and Tara by Hawk Nelson from their "Miracles" album.

31. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Hi everyone, I'm still feeling sicker than a dang dog, so I'll put up a subject today and take it one day at a time. I hope you all are doing well! The subject today is Communication. "What does GOD desire in my communication with HIM?"

GOD's Response:
    12) Then the LORD appeared to Solomon by night, and said to him: "I have heard your prayer, and have chosen this place for MYSELF as a house of sacrifice. 13) When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among MY people, 14) if MY people who are called by MY name will humble themselves, and pray and seek MY face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7: 12-14

Trust in HIM at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before HIM; GOD is a refuge for us. Selah Psalm 62: 8

16) Rejoice always, 17) pray without ceasing, 18) in everything give thanks; for this is the will of GOD in CHRIST JESUS for you. 1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18

41) And HE was withdrawn from them about a stone's throw, and HE knelt down and prayed, 42) saying, "FATHER, it is YOUR will, take this cup away from ME; nevertheless not MY will, but YOURS, be done." Luke 22: 41-42

GOD honors the humble and acknowledges their prayers [ 5) Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for "GOD resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble." 6) Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of GOD, that HE may exalt you in due time, 7) casting all your care upon HIM, for HE cares for you. 1 Peter 5: 5-7; 10) Suddenly, a hand touched me, which made me tremble on my knees and on the palms of my hands. 11) And he said to me, "O Daniel, man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak to you, and stand upright, for I have now been sent to you." While he was speaking this word to me, I stood trembling. 12) Then he said to me, "Do not fear, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand, and to humble yourself before your GOD, your words were heard; and I have come because of your words. Daniel 10: 10-12]. When you come to GOD in humility, your prayers are more aligned with HIS plans for you because you recognize that HE is sovereign. HIS will for your life will lead you toward what is good and right and away from sin and harm. Before you step out boldly, fall to your knees humbly.

GOD's Promise:
    6) When I remember YOU on my bed, I meditate on YOU in the night watches. 7) Because YOU have been my help, Therefore in the shadow of YOUR wings I will rejoice. 8) My soul follows close behind YOU; YOUR right hand upholds me. Psalm 63: 6-8

The song I have for you today is "Satellite" by P.O.D. from their "Satellite" album.

32. Hero and just haven't seen it yet are amazing songs.

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

JerryVestal likes this.
  33. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

05/8/2020 The subject today is Empowerment. "I want to obey, but it's difficult. How will GOD help me?"

GOD's Response:
    [JESUS Promises Another HELPER] [LORD JESUS CHRIST speaking] 15) "If you love ME, keep MY commandments. 16) And I will pray the FATHER, and HE will give you another HELPER, that HE may abide with you forever-- 17) the SPIRIT of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees HIM nor knows HIM; but you know HIM, for HE dwells with you and will be in you. 18) I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you. John 14: 15-18

39) HE went a little farther and fell on HIS face, and prayed, saying, "O MY FATHER, if it is possible, let this cup pass from ME, nevertheless, not as I will, but as YOU will." 40) Then HE came to the disciples and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, "What! Could you not watch with ME one hour? 41) Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." Matthew 26: 39-41

[Light Bearers] 12) Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13) for it is GOD who works in you both to will and to do HIS good pleasure. 14) Do all things without complaining and disputing, 15) that you may become blameless and harmless, children of GOD without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, 16) holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of CHRIST that I have not run in vain or labored in vain. 17) Yes, and if I am being poured out as a drink offering on the sacrifice and service of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all. 18) For the same reason you also be glad and rejoice with me. Philippians 2: 12-18

When GOD requires, HE also empowers. When LORD JESUS CHRIST faced troubles, HE found a quiet place, away from the crowd, and prayed to GOD for strength. Follow LORD JESUS CHRIST's example and first remove yourself from temptation and then ask GOD for help. You also have the aid of the HOLY SPIRIT, who comes alongside you in your time of need. Even as the air you breath empowers your body to function, so the HOLY SPIRIT empowers your spirit to obey.

GOD's Promise:
    [Doers--Not Hearers Only] 21) Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls. 22) But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23) For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is alike a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24) for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. 25) But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does. 26) If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one's religion is useless. 27) Pure and undefiled religion before GOD and the FATHER is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world. James 1: 21-27

The song for today is "First Love" by Petra from their "On Fire!" album.

Travis89 likes this.
  34. Amen

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

JerryVestal likes this.
  35. On a sad note my prayers and deepest sympathies goes out to a another rock legend we lost this morning. I pray our Heavenly father will wrap his arms around Little Richards family and friends and our father will heal and comfort there hearts during this difficult time. RIP Little Richard

JerryVestal likes this.