Inspirational Bible Verses and Songs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JerryVestal, Jul 24, 2019.

1. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

Okay, today will the first of many daily Bible Verses and songs.
    07/24/2019
    The subject for today is Change. (The verses are from the King James Version, if you prefer the updated version, let me know if you can't understand KJV and I'll update for you.)
    How do I find the courage to face change?
    GOD's response:
    Thou, O LORD, remainest forever; thy throne from generation to generation. Laminations 5:19
    For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed. Malachi 3:6
    Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17
    Since change in this life is inevitable, take comfort in the LORD, the ONE who never changes. You can rely on his faithfulness, which has not changed from generation to generation; his love, which never shifts or dies; his promises, which are rock solid; and his salvation, which lasts for eternity. When your world spins out of control, cling to the ONE who controls the universe.
    GOD's promise:
    GOD is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and he not do it? Or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? Numbers 23:19
    Song for the day: "The Sound of A Life Changing" by Matthew West, album "All In"

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  2. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Okay if the old KJV is confusing, here is the less confusing New International Version of the verses.
    GOD's Response:
    LORD, you remain the same forever! Your throne continues from generation to generation. Laminations 5:19
    I am the LORD, and I do not change. Malachi 3:6
    GOD above, who created all Heaven's lights...never changes or casts shifting shadows. James 1:17
    GOD's Promise:
    GOD is not a man. that he should lie. He is not a human, that he should change his mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has he ever promised and not carried it through? Numbers 23:19
    I find that the NIV tends to not have the same thing in the old and new KJV, I'm planning on getting the new KJV tomorrow to help with translations better from the full message from the old KJV. The old KJV is the old English style, where the new KJV is more modernized English language. Lunch Buffet, I'm glad you liked this. I'll put tomorrow's new daily verses on tonight after 12:00 midnight est.

joe carbols and RunningSquirrel like this.
  3. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

07/25/2019 The subject is Restlessness. "Sometimes I get restless. How can I rest in GOD?"

GOD's Response:
    Moses raised his hand and struck rock twice with the staff. Numbers 20:11
    I felt obligated to offer the burnt offering myself before you came. 1 Samuel 13:12
    This very day you can see with your own eyes it isn't true. For the LORD placed you at my mercy back there in the cave, and some of my men told me to kill you, but I spared you. For I said," I will never harm him-he is the LORD's anointed one." 1 Samuel 24: 9-10

Being restless can cause you to act impatiently in ways you will later regret. Moses was restless about the Israelite's complaining and acted rashly by disobeying GOD. Saul also disobeyed GOD in his restlessness to go to battle. By contrast, though David had to wait a long time to be king after being anointed as a young man, he held out for GOD's timing, even when it seemed that GOD had delivered Saul into his hands. When you feel restless in your time of waiting thank GOD for where you are now and wait patiently to discover the reason as GOD's plan unfolds before you.

GOD's Promise:
    Pray about everything...If you do this, you will experience GOD's peace. Philippians 4: 6-7
    Song for the day: "Wait For You" by Stryper in their "Reborn" album "They are a Christian heavy metal band from the 80's, Ozzy Osbourne and KISS liked them" Old Nick, you might like this.

4. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

07/26/2019 The subject is Circumstances: "Circumstances are difficult right now, is GOD controlling them?"
    GOD's Response:
    Whatever the LORD pleases He does, in heaven and in earth, in the seas and in all deep places. Psalm 135:6
    I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the LORD, do all these things. Isaiah 45:7
    But as for you, you meant evil against me; but GOD meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive. Genesis 50:20

GOD is in total control of your circumstances, He can change them at any time in any way. But He also makes it clear that we live in a sinful world in which He has allowed Satan to have certain degree of control for a while. In the spiritual battle GOD sometimes allows evil to have the upper hand. But He also promises us a two-fold victory. First, GOD loves to bring good out of bad circumstances if you remain on His side. Second, GOD promises ultimate and total victory over Satan and all evil when this world ends and GOD establishes His perfect Kingdom. This gives hope in your present life, and for eternity.

GOD's Promise:
    And we know that all things work together for good to those who love GOD, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28
    Song for the day: You are getting two songs for this subject "How Far We've Come" by I Am They in their "Trial & Triumph" album. This band is from Reno, NV. I saw them in concert last summer in Youngstown, OH, awesome band. "Power Love Sound Mind" by Matthew West, "All In" album.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    joe carbols likes this.
  5. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

I like providing you all with daily inspirational Bible verses and songs, but if anyone would like to put their own daily verses, go ahead, let's share this.

joe carbols and Old Nick like this.
  6. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

I have heard of Stryper. Have you heard of Mortification?

“Who wants to hear some metal? Who wants to hear some Jesus Christ metal?”

Mortification - “Dead Man Walking”

JerryVestal and joe carbols like this.
  7. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Nick, I never really heard of Mortification before, I listened to the video you shared on jams of the day post, very nice. I'll have to look them up.

Old Nick likes this.
  8. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Mortification classify themselves as Christian death metal. Yeah, those words don’t belong together, but they’re not too bad.

JerryVestal likes this.
  9. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

No problem, I think there is a Christian death metal group called Disciple Down, saw them in a group Christian concert with Family Force Five and Fire Flight, all three were really good. P.O.V. is pretty good too, if you remember their songs Boom (Here comes The Boom) and Youth of the Nation.

10. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

cumishaamado Love Virgins, Couples & Girlfriend Experience

I love reading your "Inspirational Bible Verses and Songs!!! Thanks for sharing!!! You are amazing!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

JerryVestal likes this.
  11. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Thank you Sweetie, if you have any Bible verses and Christian songs you want to share on here, go ahead! [smilie=be mine!.gif][smilie=i love you1.gif][smilie=hot over you.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

12. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

cumishaamado Love Virgins, Couples & Girlfriend Experience

Awe - it's my pleasure @JerryVestal!!! You are a "Sweetheart"!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

JerryVestal likes this.
  13. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

07/27/2019 The subject is Spiritual Eyesight "How can I see GOD in the midst of troubling circumstances?"

GOD's Response:
    And it happened, when all our enemies heard of it, and all the nations around us saw these things, that they were very disheartened in their own eyes; for they perceived that this work was done by our GOD. Nehemiah 6: 16
    21 Now Martha said to JESUS, "LORD, if YOU had been here, my brother would not have died. 22 But even now I know that whatever YOU ask of GOD, GOD will give YOU." John 11: 21-22
    4 Unto the upright there arises light in the darkness; HE is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteousness. 5 A good man deals graciously and lend; he will guide his affairs with discretion. 6 Surely he will never be shaken; the righteous will be in everlasting remembrance. Psalm 112: 4-6

GOD created you, loves you, and longs to have a relationship with you. HE pursues you with persistent and unfailing love and draws you to HIMSELF. Today, ask GOD to open your spiritual eyes to see how events, conversations, "chance" meetings, thoughts, and open doors are GOD's hand reaching out to show you that HE is nearby and at work in your life.

GOD's Promise:
    Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see GOD. Matthew 5: 8
    Song for the day is "Sunrise" by Judah E from his "Scriptures" album. Judah E is a Christian Hip Hop/ Rap artist.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  14. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

07/28/2019 The subject is Stability. How should I respond to life's troubling circumstances?

GOD's Response:
    17 Though the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines; though the labor of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food; though the flock may be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls- 18 Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the GOD of my salvation. 19 The LORD GOD is my strength; HE will make my feet like deer's feet, and HE will make me walk on high hills. Habakkuk 3: 17-19

A spirit of gratitude and praise changes the way you look at life. Complaining connects you to your unhappiness. Gratitude and praise connect you to the source of real joy. When you make thanksgiving a regular part of your life, you stay focused on all GOD has done for you and continues to do for you. Expressing gratitude for GOD's help is a form of worship.

GOD's Promise:
    2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. James 1: 2-3
    The songs for the day are "Thank You Part 1" and "Thank You Part 2" by Infinite from their "The Others" album. They are another Christian Hip Hop/ Rap group from Youngstown, OH. I used to work in the hospital with them.

Kmoe2244 likes this.
  15. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

o7/29/2019 The subject is Intercession. "Sometimes I have no idea what to do next. What should I do?"

GOD's Response:
    Our GOD, will YOU not judge them? For we have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon YOU. 2 Chronicles 20: 12
    26 Likewise the SPIRIT also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the SPIRIT HIMSELF makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now HE who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the SPIRIT is, because HE makes intercession for the saints according to the will of GOD. Romans 8: 26-27

GOD wants to help you make the right decisions. This is part of why HE sent us the HOLY SPIRIT-- to be our voice of reason when we are lost and confused. The BIBLE says that even in times when we don't know what to ask or pray for, the HOLY SPIRIT intercedes for us. When you are overwhelmed, confused, or uncertain, calm yourself in prayer. If you don't know what to say, the SPIRIT will pray on your behalf.

GOD's Promise:
    For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show HIMSELF strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to HIM. (But when you don't rely on the LORD, like King Asa did.) In this you have done foolishly, therefore from now on you shall have wars. 2 Chronicles 16: 9
    The songs for this subject are "I Am Understood" by Relient K from their "Two lefts don't make a right...but three do. The second song is "Surrounded (Fight My Battles)" by Michael W. Smith from his "Awaken: The Surrounded Experience" album.

16. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

07/30/2019 The subject is Decision Making. "Does GOD guide my decision making?"

GOD's Response:
    Who is the man that fears the LORD? HIM shall HE teach in the way HE chooses. Psalm 25: 12
    Get wisdom! Get understanding! Do not forget, nor turn away from the words of MY mouth! Proverbs 4: 5
    12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is GOD who works in you both to will and to do for HIS good pleasure. Philippians 2: 12-13

Pray for GOD to give you the desire to seek HIS guidance, and then follow it. When you do, you will be able to make decisions that please HIM. GOD doesn't want to hide HIS will from you--HE's not playing games with you. HE wants to give you guidance; you just need to ask and then listen when HE speaks.

GOD's Promise:
    In all your ways acknowledge HIM, and HE shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3: 6

The song for today is "Passion" by Stryper from their "Reborn" album.

17. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

07/31/2019 The subject is Choices. ""How do I know if I'm making good or bad choices?"
    GOD's Response:
    19 "I call Heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; 20 that you may love the LORD your GOD, that you may obey HIS voice, and that you may cling to HIM, for HE is your life and length of your days; and that you may dwell in the land which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them." Deuteronomy 30: 19-20
    Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You. Psalm 119: 11
    Where there is no counsel, the people fall; but in the multitude of counselors there is safety. Proverbs 11: 14

There are three important ways to discern whether your decision is good or bad one: (1) listen continually to GOD's voice in HIS WORD ( JESUS CHRIST and the HOLY BIBLE) to help you see what is right and what is wrong; (2) seek the counsel of GOD in prayer and the wise advice of reliable counselors; (3) avoid choices that benefit you at the expense of others. If you follow these guidelines, you will usually know with certainty the quality of your decisions.

GOD's Promise:
    HE restores my soul; HE leads me in the paths of righteousness for HIS name's sake. Psalm 23: 3

The song for today is "Satellite" by P.O.D. from their "Satellite" album.

18. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

08/01/2019 The subject is Desires. "how can I know if my desires match GOD's desires for me?"

GOD's Response:
    3 So David sent and inquired about the woman. And some one said, "Is this not Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite?" 4 The David sent messengers, and took her; and she came to him, and he lay with her, for she was cleansed from her impurity; and she returned to her house. 2 Samuel 11: 3-4
    Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things. Philippians 4: 8

David's selfish desires overpowered his reason. His desire for Bathsheba caused him to commit adultery and to have her husband murdered, which resulted in much grief for his family. When wondering if what you desire is right or wrong, consider the long-term consequences. Is the object of your desire good, consistent with GOD's WORD, and harmless to others? Answer that question, and you'll know which choice to make.

GOD's Promise:
    Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. James 3: 13

A song to reflect on this subject. "Dig A Little Deeper In The Well" by The Oak Ridge Boys from their "The Oak Ridge Boys Have Arrived"

19. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

08/02/2019 The subject is Resistance. " How can I resist the evil desires that are within me?" (I know with this daily Inspirational Bible verses, I'm going to catch some shit from some or most of you.)

GOD's Response:
    {JESUS CHRIST teaching a prayer to the people} And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For YOURS is the kingdom and the power and glory forever. AMEN. Matthew 6: 13 (For the whole prayer, look up Matthew 6: 9-13 NKJV)
    so that there may not among you man or woman or family or tribe, whose heart turns away today from the LORD our GOD, to go serve the gods of these nations, and that there may not be among you a root bearing bitterness or wormwood; Deuteronomy 29: 18
    Thus Josiah removed all the abominations from all the country that belonged to the children of Israel, and made all who were present in Israel diligently serve the LORD their GOD. All his days they did not depart from following the LORD GOD of their fathers. 2 Chronicles 34: 33

The most dangerous temptations are often those which at first seem rather harmless. Sin often begins with just a small step away from GOD -- then another and another, until you suddenly find yourself far from HIM. Rather than focusing on avoiding the ultimate temptation, avoid that first step that takes you slightly away from GOD. Commit yourself today to staying dead center on GOD's path.

GOD's Promise:
    2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For you died, and your life is hidden with CHRIST in GOD. 4 When CHRIST who is our life appears, then you also will appear with HIM in glory. 5 Therefore put to death your members which are on earth; fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. Colossians 3: 2-5

The song for today is "Do You Know" by Toby Mac from his " Momentum" album

20. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

08/03/2019 The subject is Change. "How can GOD help me change the desires within my heart?"

GOD's Response:
    I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36: 26
    Then the heads of the fathers' houses of Judah and Benjamin, and the priests and the Levites, with all whose spirits GOD had moved, arose to go up and build the house of the LORD which is in Jerusalem. Ezra 1: 5
    But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the SPIRIT and not in the oldness of the letter. Romans 7: 6

When you commit your life to GOD, HE gives you a new heart, a new nature, and a new desire to please HIM. When GOD stirs your heart, your desires will be in line with HIS will. Then it is your responsibility to act on those desires and serve HIM wholeheartedly.

GOD's Promise:
    Therefore, if anyone is in CHRIST, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 2 Corinthians 5: 17

The song for today is "Replace Me" by Family Force 5 from their "Business Up Front/ Party In The Back" Diamond Edition album.

21. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

I won't be posting a message today, but I'll post one tomorrow. I'm not feeling to well, sorry. I make it up a really good lesson tomorrow.

22. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

08/04/2019 Okay, like I promised, a special Bible Verse subject. I hope this related subject will happen each Sunday night, and the regular inspirational daily Bible verses will continue every Monday though Saturday. The Sunday Messages will be " Go Beyond" : "The Unexpected Journey". The subject for today is "Unexpected Forgiveness"
    " And HE said to me, "( JESUS CHRIST speaking) MY grace is sufficient for you, for MY strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of CHRIST may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12: 9

Look to JESUS and remember how HE forgave you.
    And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as GOD in CHRIST forgave you. Ephesians 4: 32 Forgiveness is a choice.

Look at the person and not the blunder.
    And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as GOD in CHRIST forgave you. Ephesians 4: 32

Look past the hurt to the hope that forgiveness offers.
    Whoever has been born of GOD does not sin, for HIS seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of GOD. 1 John 3:9
    11 For the grace of GOD that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great GOD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST, 14 who gave HIMSELF for us, that HE might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for HIMSELF HIS own special people, zealous for good works. 15 Speak these things, exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no one despise you. Titus 2: 11-15
    The song for this lesson is "All to JESUS I Surrender"

23. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

08/06/2019 The subject is Expectations. "What should I expect out of life?"

GOD's Response:
    (JESUS CHRIST speaking) "These things I have spoken to you, that in ME you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." John 16: 33
    7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, 8 how will the ministry of the SPIRIT not be more glorious? 9 For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory. 10 For even what was made glorious had no glory in this respect, because of the glory that excels. 11 For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious. 12 Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech-- 13 unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away. 2 Corinthians 3: 7-13
    3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; character, hope. Romans 5: 3-4

Sometimes, JESUS does not match our expectations--HE talks about servanthood instead of getting ahead, of giving rather than getting, of sacrifice instead of luxury, of storing up treasure in HEAVEN instead of on earth. When we stop expecting GOD to be what we want and start thinking of what GOD wants us to be, our expectations will grow to match HIS. Only then can we expect a truly fulfilling life. How do we know what GOD expects? It's all in the HOLY BIBLE. Read it and raise you expectations.

GOD's Promise:
    3 Blessed be the GOD and FATHER of our LORD JESUS CHRIST, who according to HIS abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of JESUS CHRIST from the dead, 4 to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in HEAVEN for you, 5 who are kept by the power of GOD through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 1 Peter 1: 3-5

The song for today is "Broken Things" by Matthew West from his "All In" album.

24. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

08/07/2019 The subject is Expectations. "Are there expectations I shouldn't have?"

GOD's Response:
    He has said in his heart, "I shall not be moved; I shall never be in adversity." Psalm 10:6
    8 He who digs a pit will fall into it, and whoever breaks through a wall will be bitten by serpent. 9 He who quarries stones may be hurt by them, and he who splits wood may be endangered by it. Ecclesiastes 10: 8-9

Don't expect life to be trouble free just because you are a Christian. One misconception about Christianity is that life will be a bed of roses just because GOD is on your side. In fact, the BIBLE tells us that we night face trouble and oppression because of what we believe. You are in the middle of a spiritual battle--expect to get wounded. But also be assured of ultimate victory and eternal peace. What more can expect than that.

GOD's Promise:
    8 (GOD speaking) " For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways MY ways, " says the LORD. 9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are MY ways higher than your ways, and MY thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55: 8-9

The songs for today are "What's Goin' Down" by Toby Mac from his "Momentum" album and "Crash" by 12 Stones.

25. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Hi everyone, sorry I have been off for about a week and a half, Satan threw a doozy of a virus at me computer and made it crash so hard that Geek Squad couldn't fix it even under their warranty and geek squad protection service. So, since they couldn't fix my near ten year old computer, Best Buy and Geek Squad hooked me up with a brand new Cyber Power PC. Tomorrow I'll post the new Bible verses, everyone, sorry it took so long, but with out my pc, I have no way of accessing the internet.

26. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

08/20/2019 "Go Beyond": "The Unexpected Journey" The subject is "Into The Wilderness, A Bewildering Situation"
    The verses for this subject are Luke 15: 11-32. (The Prodigal Son)

"How did I get here?" Because we are humans and we sin.
    (JESUS CHRIST speaking) 11) Then HE said, "A certain man had two sons. 12 And the younger of them said to his father, 'Father, give me the portion of goods that falls to me.' So he divided to them his livelihood. 13) And not many days after, the younger son gathered all together, journeyed to a far country, and there wasted his possessions with prodigal living. 14) But when he had spent all, there arose a severe famine in that land, and he began to be in want. 15) Then he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country, and he sent him into his fields to feed swine. 16) And he would gladly have filled his stomach with the pods that the swine ate, and no one gave him anything." Luke 15: 11-16

"How do I get out?" Reading the WORD of GOD, our Map.
    (JESUS CHRIST still speaking) 17) "But when he came to himself, he said, 'How many of my father's hired servants have bread enough to spare, and I perish with hunger! 18) I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, "Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you, 19) and I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Make me like your hired servants." ' 20) "And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him. 21) And the son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight, and am no longer worthy to be called your son.' 22) But the father said to his servants, 'Bring out the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet. 23) And bring the fatted calf here and kill it, and let us eat and be merry; 24) for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' And they began to be merry." Luke 15: 17-24

"How do I not go back?" Through faith; we will always sin, just do our best not to. GOD is waiting for us to come home no matter where we are in life, what is going on in our life, time is short and we don't know when our time is up, just admit to GOD and JESUS CHRIST of our sinful nature and ask for forgiveness and for to be saved through the mercy and grace of JESUS CHRIST.
    (JESUS CHRIST still speaking) 25) "Now his older son was in the field. And as he came and drew near to the house, he heard music and dancing. 26) So he called one of the servants and asked what these things meant. 27) And he said to him, 'Your brother has come, and because he has received him safe and sound, your father has killed the fatted calf.' 28) " But he was angry and would not go in. Therefore his father came out and pleaded with him. 29) So he answered and said to his father, 'Lo, these many years I have been serving you; I never transgressed your commandment at any time; and yet you never gave me a young goat, that I might make merry with my friends.' 30) But as soon as this son of yours came, who has devoured your livelihood with harlots, you killed the fatted calf for him.' 31) "And he said to him, 'Son, you are always with me, and all that I have is yours. 32) It was right that we should make merry and be glad, for your brother was dead and is alive again, and was lost and is found.' " Luke 15: 25-32

Two songs for this lesson one is a punk rock song and the other is a gospel song, both reflecting on the lesson, before and after. The songs are "Prodigal Blues" by Billy Idol from his "Charmed Life" album and "The Water (Meant For Me)" by I AM THEY from their "Trials & Triumph" album.

27. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

8/21/2019 The subject is Inner Conflict. "What is this conflict I seem to have within myself?"

GOD's Response:
    15) For what am I doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16) If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17) But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18) For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19) For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20) Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 21) I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22) For I delight in the law of GOD according to the inward man. 23) But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24) O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25) I thank GOD -- through JESUS CHRIST our LORD! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of GOD, but with the flesh the law of sin. Romans 7: 15-25

Christians and everyone else struggle daily with inner conflict. We have given our lives to JESUS CHRIST, but the old human nature still exists. We know the attitudes and behavior that JESUS CHRIST desires, but we also know how hard it to live that way all the time. We wrestle with our desire to sin, to do what we want at the expense of others, to think more of ourselves than of others, to give in to temptation. There is a constant conflict going on within us. Ironically, good can come from this kind of conflict. It shows that our conscience is still sensitive to sin, and that we truly desire to do what is right. If there were no such struggle going on with in you, it could indicate that you were too accepting of sin in your life.

GOD's Promise:
    YOU will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on YOU, because he trusts in YOU. Isaiah 26:3

The two songs for the today are "Treason" by Kutless from their "Sea of Faces" album and "Running Through My Mind" by Big Dismal from their "Believe" album.

28. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

8/22/2019 The subject is Criticism. "What's the difference between judging others and constructive criticism?"

GOD's Response:
    (JESUS CRIST speaking) 1) Judge not, that you be not judged. 2) For with what judgement you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. 3) And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 4) Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove the speck from your eye'; and look, a plank is in your eye? 5) Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. Matthew 7:1-5
    11) Do Not speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. 12) There is one LAWGIVER, who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you to judge another? James 4: 11-12

One coach berates a player publicly for making a mistake in a game. Another coach waits until the game is over and tells the player privately how to avoid making the same mistake again. Though no one likes criticism -- even when it is constructive -- we sometimes need it. But it is much easier to receive criticism when it is offered gently and in love, rather than in a harsh or humiliating way. A judge criticizes with no effort to see the person succeed or improve. One who offers constructive criticism invests in building a relationship and helping the other person become who GOD created him or her to be.

GOD's Promise:
    12) Therefore, as the elect of GOD, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; 13) bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as CHRIST forgave you, so you also must do. 14) But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. 15) And let the peace of GOD rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. Colossians 3: 12-15

The two songs for this lesson are "Ghetto" by P.O.D. from their "Satellite" album and "Speak Life" by Toby Mac from his "Eye On It" album.

29. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

8/23/2019 The subject is Compliments. "What is the impact of complimenting and encouraging others?"

GOD's Response:
    Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11
    But command Joshua, and encourage him and strengthen him; for he shall go over before this people, and he shall cause them to inherit the land which you will see.' Deuteronomy 3: 28
    Then Jonathan, Saul's son, arose and went to David in the woods and strengthened his hand in GOD. 1 Samuel 23:16
    And Hezekiah gave encouragement to all the Levites who taught the good knowledge of the LORD; and they ate throughout the feast seven days, offering peace offerings and making confession to the LORD GOD of their fathers. 2 Chronicles 30: 22

Everyone needs encouragement. Think how you feel when someone sincerely expresses their confidence in you, builds you up, notices a job well done, or compliments your spiritual growth. Make others feel that way today. Speak well of them and to them. what you say could literally change their lives. Genuine compliments and encouragement make a huge difference in one's perspective on life.

GOD's Promise:
    Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, but a good word makes it glad. Proverbs 12:25

The Songs for today are "Fragile Heart" and "Working In Progress" by Leanna Crawford from her "Crazy Beautiful You" album. I met her at last year's concert with Matthew West, I Am They, and Hawk Nelson. She is a very polite, down-to-earth, and approachable lady.

30. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Sorry everyone, no daily inspirational daily Bible verses tonight, I'm in a lot of pain, I'll make it up tomorrow. I promise.

31. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

08/24/2019 The subject is Routine. "As I settle into the activities of this season, what should always be a part of my routine?"

GOD's Response:
    6) "And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. 7) You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you walk by the way, when you lie down and when you rise up." Deuteronomy 6: 6-7
    Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went home. And in his upper room, with his windows open toward Jerusalem, he knelt down on his knees three times that day, and prayed and gave thanks before his GOD, as was his custom since early days. Daniel 6: 10
    1) Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where there was a synagogue of the Jews. 2) Then Paul, as his custom was, went in to them, and for three Sabbaths reasoned with them from the Scriptures, 3) explaining and demonstrating that the CHRIST had to suffer and rise again from the dead, and saying, "This JESUS whom I preach to you is the CHRIST." Acts 17: 1-3

Your routine should always include reading GOD's WORD and sharing it with friends or family, praying, and attending church. Make these activities a priority, for you need them in order to have the peace, patience, and strength for everything else you do. Put GOD first and all other priorities will fall into order. Test GOD on this and watch HIM work powerfully in your life.

GOD's Promise:
    1) I will extol YOU, my GOD, O KING; and I will bless YOUR name forever and ever. 2)Every day I will bless YOU, and I will praise YOUR name forever and ever. Psalm 145: 1-2

The song for today is "Do It Again" by Michael W. Smith from his Awaken: The Surrounded Experience album.

32. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

08/25/2019 The continuing subject "Go Beyond: The Unexpected Journey; Unexpected Participation." Philippians 2: 1-11

Participation requires humility.
    3) Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4) Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. 5) Let this mind be in you which was also in CHRIST JESUS, 6) who, being in form of GOD, did not consider it robbery to be equal with GOD, 7) but made HIMSELF of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. Philippians 2: 3-7

Participation requires an appetite.
    1) Therefore if there is any consolation in CHRIST, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the SPIRIT, if any affection and mercy, 2) fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Philippians 2: 1-2
    How is it then, brethren? Whenever you come together, each of you has a psalm (song), has a teaching, has a tongue (story, speech), has a revelation, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification. 1 Corinthians 14: 26

Participation requires purpose.
    8) And being found in appearance as a man, HE humbled HIMSELF and became obedient to the point of death, even the death on the cross. 9) Therefore GOD also has highly exalted HIM and given HIM the name which is above every name, 10) that at the name of JESUS every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11) and that every tongue should confess that JESUS CHRIST is LORD, to the glory of GOD the FATHER. Philippians 2: 8-11
    12) I write to you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for HIS name's sake. 13) I write to, father, because you have known HIM who is from the beginning. I write to you, young men, because you have overcome the wicked one (Lucifer, The Devil, Satan). I write to you, little children, because you have known the FATHER. 14) I have written to you, fathers, because you have known HIM who is from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of GOD abides in you, and you have overcome the wicked one ( Lucifer, The Devil, Satan). 1 John 2: 12-14

Challenge: What will the future of the church look like because of your participation? There is no retirement.

The song for today is "Never Give Up" by Matthew West from his " All In" album.

Lunch Buffett likes this.
  33. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

There’s a dude that made a death metal cover of a Mormon hymn, “I Am A Child Of God.”

JerryVestal likes this.
  34. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Awesome! :) Thank you for the video share, Nick.

Old Nick likes this.
  35. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Okay, everyone for the next few days I won't be able to do any inspirational daily Bible verses, I just had three molar teeth surgically removed, I am totally wacked out my mind and in a shit load of pain, if anyone wants to take over for me for half of this week, thank you. Sorry everyone, hopefully by Friday I'll be feeling a little better.