Inspirational Bible Verses and Songs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JerryVestal, Jul 24, 2019.

1. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

09/24/2019 The subject today is Faithfulness. "How do I develop faithfulness?"

GOD's Response:
    6) Therefore be very courageous to keep and to do all that is written in the Book of the Law of Moses (The Ten Commandments), lest you turn aside from it to the right hand or to the left, 7) and lest you go among these nations, these who remain among you. You shall not make mention of the names of their gods, nor cause anyone to swear by them; you shall not serve them nor bow down to them, 8) but you shall hold fast to the LORD your GOD, as you have done to this day. 9) For the LORD has driven out from before you great and strong nations; but as for you, no one has been able to stand against you to this day. 10) One man of you shall chase a thousand, for the LORD your GOD is HE who fights for you, as HE promised you. Joshua 23: 6-10
    25) Therefore the LORD has recompensed me according to my righteousness, according to my cleanness in HIS eyes. 26) "With the merciful YOU will show YOURSELF merciful; with a blameless man YOU will show YOURSELF blameless; 27) with the pure YOU will show YOURSELF pure; and with the devious YOU will show YOURSELF shrewd. 28) YOU will save the humble people; but YOUR eyes are on the haughty, that YOU may bring them down. 2 Samuel 22: 25-28
    13) However there were not made for the house of the LORD basins of silver, trimmers, sprinkling-bowls, trumpets, any articles of gold or articles of silver, from the money brought into the house of the LORD. 14) But they gave that to the workmen, and they repaired the house of the LORD with it. 15) Moreover they did not require an account from the men into whose hand they delivered the money to be paid to workmen, for they dealt faithfully. 2 Kings 12: 13-15

Faithfulness involves loyalty, honesty, and commitment. Those who understand this are respected and trusted. You develop faithfulness by starting with the small tasks in life and working up to greater causes. Vow to be honest, committed, and faithful to the people in your life and to the work GOD has given you to do. Some day, when GOD greets you at heaven's door, HE will say to you, "Well done, good and faithful servant."

GOD's Promise:
    7) HE stores up sound wisdom for the upright; HE is a shield to those who walk uprightly; 8) HE guards the paths of justice, and preserves the way of HIS saints. 9) Then you will understand righteousness and justice, equity and every good path.
    Proverbs 2: 7-9

The two songs are "Replace Me" by Family Force 5 from their "Business UP Front, Party In The Back: Diamond Edition" album and "Extreme Days" by Toby Mac from his "Momentum" album.

2. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

09/25/2019 The continuing subject is Faithfulness. "How is GOD faithful?"

GOD's Response:
    3) For I proclaim the name of the LORD: ascribe greatness to our GOD. 4) HE is the ROCK, HIS work is perfect; for all HIS ways are justice, a GOD of truth and without injustice; righteous and upright is HE. Deuteronomy 32: 3-4
    4) I thank my GOD always concerning you for the grace of GOD which was given to you by CHRIST JESUS, 5) that you were enriched in everything by HIM in all utterance and all knowledge, 6) even as the testimony of CHRIST was confirmed in you, 7) so that you come short in no gift, eagerly waiting for the revelation of our LORD JESUS CHRIST, 8) who will also confirm you to the end, that you may be blameless in the day of our LORD JESUS CHRIST. 9) GOD is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of HIS SON, JESUS CHRIST our LORD. 1 Corinthians 1: 4-9
    1) O GOD, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and give praise, even with my glory. 2) Awake, lute and harp! I will awaken the dawn. 3) I will praise YOU, O LORD, among the peoples, and I will sing praises to YOU among the nations. 4) For YOUR mercy is great above the heavens, and YOUR truth reaches to the clouds. Psalm 108: 1-4

GOD always does what HE says HE will do. As you read the BIBLE, you will discover many promises from GOD that have already been fulfilled. That means that when you read the promises yet to come, you can count on GOD's faithfulness to fulfill them. GOD is faithful to you because HE promises that HIS love for you will never end. How faithful are you to GOD?

GOD's Promise:
    31) Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; and let them say among the nations, "The LORD reigns." 32) Let the sea roar, and all its fullness; let the field rejoice, and all that is in it. 33) Then the trees of the woods shall rejoice before the LORD, for HE is coming to judge the earth. 34) Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for HE is good! For HIS mercy endures forever. 1 Chronicles 16: 31-34

The three songs for this subject are "No Such Thing" and "Never Let You DOWN" by Hawk Nelson from their "Miracles" album and "Never Let Me Go" by Family Force 5 from their "Business Up Front, Party In The Back: Diamond Edition" album.

3. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

09/26/2019 The subject is Gentleness. "What does gentleness accomplish? Won't everyone just walk all over me if I am gentle?"

GOD's Response:
    [Walking In The SPIRIT] 16) I say then: Walk in the SPIRIT, and you shall bot fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17) For the flesh lusts against the SPIRIT, and the SPIRIT against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18) But if you are led by the SPIRIT, you are not under the law. 19) Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness. lewdness, 20) idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21) envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of GOD. 22) But the fruit of the SPIRIT is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23) gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24) And those who are CHRIST's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25) If we live in the SPIRIT, let us also walk in the SPIRIT. 26) Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another. Galatians 5: 16-26
    3) Do not let your adornment be merely outward--arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel-- 4) rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of GOD. 1 Peter 3: 3-4
    [The Good Confession] 11) But you, O man of GOD, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness. 12) Fight the god fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. 13) I urge you in the sight of GOD who gives life to al things, and before CHRIST JESUS who witnessed the good confession before Pontius Pilate, 14) that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our LORD JESUS CHRIST's appearing, 15) which HE will manifest in HIS own time, HE who is the blessed and only Potentate, the KING of kings and LORD of lords, 16) who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen. 1 Timothy 6: 11-16

Love is gentle, not rough. GOD is love. Mercy is gentle, not cruel. GOD is merciful. Gentleness does not mean that you let others take advantage of you. GOD is the perfect example of gentleness, and yet HE is also a mighty warrior able to defeat the powers of hell. In GOD's eyes, gentle people are the most powerful and influential in the world because they make an impact without conflict or war. Gentleness may be the most powerful weapon in your arsenal. You will accomplish more with gentleness than with coercion.

GOD's Promise:
    [JESUS CHRIST speaking] 5) Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. Matthew 5: 5

Two songs for the relation to this subject are "Without You" and "Lovin You" by Infinite from their "The Others" album.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  4. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Again sorry, but no daily Bible verse today, the pain in the ankles are getting worse, I'll try and make up for it tomorrow. I'm supposed to be set up with a pain management doctor soon from my foot doctor, again sorry.

5. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

09/28/2019 The subject is Gentleness. "How is GOD gentle?"

GOD's Response:
    11) Then HE said, "Go out, and stand on the mountain before the LORD." And behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake; 12) and after the earthquake a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice. 13) So it was, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood in the entrance of the cave. Suddenly a voice came to him and said, "What are you doing here, Elijah?" 1 Kings 19: 11-13
    O LORD, correct me, but with justice; not in YOUR anger, lest YOU bring me to nothing. Jeremiah 10: 24
    13) As a father pities his children, so the LORD pities those who fear HIM. 14) For HE knows our frame; HE remembers that we are dust. Psalm 103: 13-14

GOD does not always operate in the realm of the spectacular. In fact, the spectacular does not always get out our attention. JESUS' gentle words often made a greater impact upon people than HIS dramatic miracles. Sometimes your quiet and gentle words are just what are needed as an encouragement and challenge to a friend. It is not always the loudest voice that is heard. The next time you need to get a message across to someone, a gentle response in the midst of an uproar may be just what a person needs to hear.

GOD's Promise:
    YOU have also given me the shield of YOUR salvation; YOUR right hand has held me up, YOUR gentleness has made me great. Psalm 18: 35

The two songs for today are "Somebody's Watching" by Toby Mac from his "Momentum" album and "The Water (Meant For Me)" by I Am They from their "Trial & Triumph" album.

6. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

09/28/2019 The subject is Disrespect. "In what ways do people show disrespect to GOD?"

GOD's Response:
    [GOD speaking] "You shall not take the name of the LORD your GOD in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes HIS name in vain." Exodus 20: 7
    16) However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first JESUS CHRIST might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on HIM for everlasting life. 17) now to the KING eternal, immortal, invisible, to GOD who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen. 1 Timothy 1: 16-17
    11) Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne, the living creatures, and the elders; and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands, 12) saying with a loud voice: "Worthy is the LAMB who was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom, and strength and honor and glory and blessing!" 13) And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and are in them, I heard saying: "Blessing and honor and glory and power be to HIM who sits on the throne, and to the LAMB, forever and ever!" 14) Then the four living creatures said, "Amen!" And the twenty-four elders fell down and worshiped HIM who lives forever and ever. Revelations 5: 11-14
    [GOD speaking] 31) "Therefore you shall keep MY commandments, and perform them: I am the LORD. 32) You shall not profane MY holy name, but I will be hallowed among the children of Israel. I am the LORD who sanctifies you, 33) who brought out of the land of Egypt, to be your GOD: I am the LORD." Leviticus 22: 31-33

Too often we treat GOD as ordinary, forgetting that HE is completely holy. We must be extremely careful to treat GOD with the reverence HE deserves. Thinking of HIM as "Santa Claus" or "The Old Man Upstairs" is disrespectful, as is using HIS name to swear or spice up your language. Treating GOD as ordinary shows that you do not understand who GOD is or what HE can do. Respect for GOD means that you show reverence for HIS name. Anyone who can design and build a magnificent cathedral would be respected. Even more, we should respect the ONE who designed and created the universe, even designed and created you personally, if GOD took the time to design, create, and place the right soul, personality, and body together, because HE loves you so much, don't you think HE deserves your everlasting love, prayers, and respect?

18) Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear HIM, on those who hope in HIS mercy, 19) to deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine. 20) Our soul waits for the LORD; HE is our help and our shield. 21) For our heart shall rejoice in HIM, because we have trusted in HIS holy name. 22) Let YOUR mercy, O LORD, be upon us, just as we hope in YOU. Psalm 33: 18-22

The two songs for today are "Treason" by Kutlass from their "Sea Of Faces" album and "Great Are YOU LORD" (featuring Calvin Nowell) by Michael W. Smith from his "Awaken: The Surrounded Experience" album.

7. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

09/29/2019 The continuing of "Go Beyond Series; Message: The Comeback; Title: The Comeback Lies Ahead."

Tenacity Lies Ahead; Never Celebrate too early, even a moment can change a life, but never give up. :
    12) Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which CHRIST JESUS has also laid hold of me. 13)Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended, but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14) I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of GOD in CHRIST JESUS. Philippians 3: 12-14

Increase Lies Ahead:
    Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, GOD will reveal even this to you. Philippians 3: 15
    1) I charge you therefore before GOD and the LORD JESUS CHRIST, who will judge the living and the dead at HIS appearing and HIS kingdom: 2) Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3) For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4) and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. 5) But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. 2 Timothy 4: 1-5
    Hot water hardens eggs, but also softens potatoes, which heart do you have to GOD, JESUS CHRIST, and the HOLY SPIRIT? GOD, JESUS CHRIST, and the HOLY SPIRIT prefer a soften, loving heart to work with than a stone, harden heart.

Distraction Lies Ahead; Inner demons drive us away from GOD:
    16) Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind. 17)Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern. 18) For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of CHRIST: 19) whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame--who set their mind on earthly things. 20) For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the SAVIOR; the LORD JESUS CHRIST, 21) who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to HIS glorious body, according to the working by which HE is able even to subdue all things to HIMSELF. Philippians 3: 16-21
    4) Then all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah, 5) and said to him, "Look, you are old, and your sons do not walk in your ways. Now make us a king to judge us like all the nations." 6) But the thing displeased Samuel when they said, "Give us a king to judge us. " So Samuel prayed to the LORD. 7) And the LORD said to Samuel, "Heed the voice of the people in all that they say to you; for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected ME, that I should not reign over them. 8) According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them out of Egypt, even to this day--with which they have forsaken ME and served other gods--so they are doing to you also. 9) Now therefore, heed their voice. However, you shall solemnly forewarn them, and show them the behavior of the king who will reign over them." 1 Samuel 8: 4-9

Two songs for this message are a before and after: The before song is "My Little Demon" by Fleetwood Mac from their "The Dance" album and the after song is "Since JESUS Came Into My Heart" by The Statler Brothers.

RunningSquirrel likes this.
  8. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Thank you for liking this RunningSquirrel! Have a good week, brother!

9. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

09/30/2019 I will have a two part message today, the first part is the subject on Temptation. "Why do I give in to temptation?"
    Part of the LORD's Prayer and JESUS CHRIST speaking: "And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil." Matthew 6: 13 Then we get our famous saying, "Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself."

GOD's Response:
    1) Now Samson went down to Timnah, and saw a woman in Timnah of the daughters of the Philistines. 2) So he went up and told his father and mother, saying, "I have seen a woman in Timnah of the daughters of the daughters of the Philistines; now therefore, get her for me to wife." 3) Then his father and mother said to him, "Is there no woman among the daughters of your brethren, or among all my people, that you must go and get a wife from the uncircumcised Philistines?" (Back then marrying or getting involved with anyone outside of the Israel tribes and not with their faith was a major no-no, worried that their people will be lead away from GOD and start following other nations' false gods.) And Samson said to his father, "Get her for me, for she pleases me well." Judges 14: 1-3 (Can you say little head thinking for the big head?)
    [JESUS CHRIST speaking] 27) "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not commit adultery.' 28) But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. (There is difference between loving a woman and lusting for her without love for her and same visa versa with a woman to man or whoever you're attracted to. We are all guilty for this and GOD knows this, since we are human.) 29) If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. 3) And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell." Matthew 5: 27-30 ( NOW JESUS CHRIST was talking about separating your member from your body in a mental and spiritual sense, in others words if something is causing you to sin, you should cut it out of your life, if you are struggling, seek help.)
    1) It happened in the spring of the year, at the time when kings go out to battle, that David sent Joab and his servants with him, and all Israel; and they destroyed the people of Ammon and besieged Rabbah. But David remained at Jerusalem. 2) Then it happened one evening that David arose from his bed and walked on the roof of the king's house. And from the roof he saw a woman bathing (David was a peeping tom), and the woman was very beautiful to behold. 3) So David sent and inquired about the woman. And someone said, "Is this not Bathsheba, the daughter of Elam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite?" (Uriah the Hittite was a loyal soldier in the battlefield at this time.) 4) Then David sent messengers, and took her; and she came to him, and he lay with her, for she was cleansed from her impurity; (That time of the month for women.) and she returned to her house. (Back then no one could refuse anything the king command of that person, so no choice for her, or else she would be placed in prison or killed for refusal.) 5) And the woman conceived; so she sent and told David, and said," I am with child." (Whoops!) 2 Samuel 11: 1-5

Temptation often begins with the eyes, and travels quickly to the heart. What you do immediately after you notice something tempting will affect your thoughts and actions for a long time. If you let your eyes linger where they shouldn't be looking, your mind will start finding ways to justify your gaze, and your heart will start tugging you in that direction. The first step in avoiding temptation is to take your eyes off that which is tempting. It not just on sex, but anything that tempts you that you want right now, say a material possession, maybe you want it now, but is it worth it (in that time of your life, and within your financial means.) ?

GOD's Challenge:
    23) All this I have proved by wisdom. I said, " I will be wise"; but it was far from me. 24) As for that which is far off and exceedingly deep, who can find it out? 25) I applied my heart to know, to search and seek out wisdom and the reason of things, to know the wickedness of folly, even of foolishness and madness. 26) And I find more bitter than death the woman whose heart is snares and nets, whose hands are fetters.(The same is for women who are charmed by men.) He who pleases GOD shall escape from her, but the sinner shall be trapped by her. 27) "Here is what I have found," says the Preacher, "Adding one thing to the other to find out the reason, 28) which my soul still seeks but I cannot find: one man among a thousand I have found, but a woman among all these I have not found. 29) Truly, this only I have found: that GOD made man upright, but they have sought out many schemes." Ecclesiastes 7: 23-29
    Way back in history and even in some places today, societies and men that thought themselves right and holier than others, always blamed the women for temptation in sex and among other things, when in truth in the HOLY BIBLE; GOD the FATHER, LORD JESUS CHRIST the SON, and the HOLY SPIRIT told us we are each at fault for our own temptations and sins. Yes, Satan and his minions may lead you to temptations, but we are at fault for following through the temptations and doing the sin.

Three songs for this message are "Feed My Frankenstein" by Alice Cooper, the second song is "The Elements" by Toby Mac from his album "The Elements", and the last song is "Irene" by Toby Mac from his "Momentum" album.

10. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

09/30/2019 The second part of today's message is the subject of Self-Control. "What is self-control? Why is it necessary?"

GOD's Response:
    22) But the fruit of the SPIRIT is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23) gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24) And those who are CHRIST's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25) If we live in the SPIRIT, let us also walk in the SPIRIT. 26) Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another. Galatians 5: 22-26
    6) If you instruct the brethren in these things, you will be a good minister of JESUS CHRIST, nourished in the words of faith and of the good doctrine which you have carefully followed. 7) But reject profane and old wives' fables, and exercise yourself toward godliness. 8) For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come. 9) This a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance. 10) For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living GOD, who is the SAVIOR of all men, especially of those who believe. 11) These things command and teach. 1 Timothy 4: 6-11

Self-control is one of the hardest character traits to achieve because it means denying what comes naturally to your sinful nature and replacing that with a controlled, godly response. Self-control is a lifelong struggle because just when you think you have an area of your life mastered, another area gets out of control. Some of the hardest things to control are our thoughts, our words, and our physical appetites. It is only with help of the HOLY SPIRIT that we achieve self-control. But when we do, we please GOD and please others.

GOD's Challenge:
    He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city. Proverbs 16: 32

Two songs for today are "It's YOU" by Toby Mac from his "The Elements" album and "Work In Progress" by Leana Crawford from her "Crazy Beautiful You" album.

11. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

10/1/2019 The subject is Self-Control. "What are some steps to learning self-control?"

GOD's Response:
    13) Keep back YOUR servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me. Then I shall be blameless, and I shall be innocent of great transgression. 14) Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in YOUR sight, O LORD, my strength and my redeemer. Psalm 19: 13-14
    [Plea For Purity] 1 Finally then, brethren, we urge and exhort in the LORD JESUS that you should abound more and more, just as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please GOD; 2) for you know what commandments we gave you through the LORD JESUS. 3) For this is the will of GOD, your sanctification; that you should abstain from sexual immorality; 4) that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, 5) not in passion of lust, like the Gentiles who do not know GOD; 6) that no one should take advantage of and defraud his brother in this matter, because the LORD is the avenger of all such, as we also forewarned you and testified. 7) For GOD did not call us to uncleanness, but in holiness. 8) Therefore he who rejects this does not reject man, but GOD, who has also given us HIS HOLY SPIRIT. 1 Thessalonians 4: 1-8

GOD wants us to exercise self-control over what we think, what we say, and what we do. HE wants us to live as followers of GOD--not as mindless followers of the godless ways of culture. We can do this by honestly assessing our weaknesses; determining that they will no longer rule us; appealing to the HOLY SPIRIT to help us stand strong against temptation; confessing to GOD with humility when we mess up; and giving glory to GOD when we are victorious.

GOD's Challenge:
    [Striving For A Crown] 24) Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. 25) And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. 26) Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. 27) But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified. 1 Corinthians 9: 24-27

The song for today is "Livin' It" by The Cross Movement.

12. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

The subject for today is WORDS. "How can I exercise control over my words?"

GOD's Response:
    1) LORD, I cry out to YOU; make haste to me! Give ear to my voice when I cry out to YOU. 2) Let my prayer be set before YOU as incense, the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice. 3) Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips. 4) Do not incline my heart to any evil thing, to practice wicked works with men who work iniquity; and do not let me eat of their delicacies. Psalm 141: 1-4
    [JESUS CHRIST speaking] ( [A Tree Known By Its Fruit] 33) "Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit. 34) Brood of vipers! How can you being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. 35) A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. 36) But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgement. 37) For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned." Matthew 12: 33-37
    [Doers--Not Hearers Only] 21) Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness of the implanted word, which is able to save your souls. 22) But be doers of the world , and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23) For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24) for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. 25) But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does. 26) If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one's religion is useless. 27) Pure and undefiled religion before GOD and the FATHER is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and keep oneself unspotted from the world. James 1: 21-27

Exercising self-control over your word involves not only what you shouldn't say, but what you should say. For example, you shouldn't use profanity, complain, lie, or gossip. But you should speak up when you see injustice, encourage those who are down, and praise GOD every day. What comes out of your mouth most often? Ask a friend to make a mental list of your positive words and negative words. If you really want to stop the negative words, ask yourself before you speak. Is it true? Is it kind? Is it helpful?

GOD's Challenge:
    [Do Not Grieve The SPIRIT] 25) Therefore, putting away lying, "Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor," for we are members of one another. 26) "Be angry, and do not sin": do not the sun go down on your wrath, 27) nor give place to the devil. 28) Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need. 29) Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the healers. 30) And do not grieve the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31) Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, withal malice. 32) And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as GOD in CHRIST forgave you. Ephesians 4: 25-32

The four songs for this subject are in this order: "Man In The Mirror" by Michael Jackson From his album "Man In The Mirror"; "Starts With Me" featuring Aaron Cole by Toby Mac from his "The Elements" album; "Give Me YOUR Eyes" by Brandon Heath from his "Give Me YOUR Eyes" album; and finally "Speak Life" by Toby Mac from his "Eyes On It" album.

13. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

10/03/2019 The subject is Giving Your Best. "Why is it important to give our best to the LORD?"

GOD's Response:
    [The Tithe of the Levites.] 25) Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 26) "Speak thus to the Levites, and say to them: 'When you take from the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them as your inheritance, then you shall offer up a heave offering of it to the LORD, a tenth of the tithe. 27) And your heave offering shall be reckoned to you as though it were grain of the threshing floor and as the fullness of the winepress. 28) Thus you shall also offer a heave offering to the LORD from all your tithes which you receive from the children of Israel, and you shall give the LORD's heave offering from it to Aaron the priest. 29) Of all your gifts you shall offer up every heave offering due to the LORD, from all the best of them, the consecrated part of them.' 30) Therefore you shall say to them: 'When you have lifted up the best of it, then the rest shall be accounted to the Levites as the produce of the threshing floor and as the produce of the winepress. 31) You may eat it in any place, you and your households, for it is your reward for your work in the tabernacle of meeting. 32) And you shall bear no sin because of it. But you shall not profane the holy gifts of the children of Israel, lest you die.' " Numbers 18: 25-32 [The Levites were priests and were not allowed to own any property at all, they depended of the rest of Israel to supply them with food, while they ministered to the nation of Israel of the LORD's word and keep the upkeep of the temples.] [Heave offerings were peace offerings to GOD. This was before LORD JESUS CHRIST came down to save us from hell, through his sacrifice.]
    1) Now Adam knew Eve his wife, (sex) and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, "I have acquired a man from the LORD." 2) Then she bore again, this time his brother Abel. Now Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was tiller of the ground. 3) And in the process of time it came to pass that Cain brought an offering of the fruit of the ground to the LORD. 4) Abel also brought of the firstborn of his flock and of their fat. And the LORD respected Abel and his offering, 5) but HE did not respect Cain and his offering. And Cain was very angry, and his countenance fell. 6) So the LORD said to Cain, "Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? 7) If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule of it." Genesis 4: 1-7 [ Now the problem with Cain's gift was it wasn't his best crops, but the worst and it was rotten produce. Where Abel's gift was perfect and without blemishes and diseases. GOD attention wasn't to the gifts themselves but to each person's heart and attitude in giving thanks to GOD for suppling them with a good produce of their work and protecting them.]
    [David's Praise To GOD.] 10) Therefore David blessed the LORD before all the assembly; and David said: "Blessed are YOU, LORD GOD of Israel, our FATHER, forever and ever. 11) YOURS, O LORD, is the greatness, the power and the glory, the victory and the majesty; for all that is in heaven and in the earth is YOURS; YOURS is the kingdom, O LORD, and YOU are exalted as head over all. 12) Both riches and honor come from YOU, and YOU reign over all. In YOUR hand is power and might; in YOUR hand it is to make great and to give strength to all." 13) "Now therefore, our GOD, we thank YOU and praise YOUR glorious name. 14) But who am I , and who are my people, that we should be able to offer so willing as this? For all things come from YOU, and of YOUR own we have given YOU. 15) For we are aliens and pilgrims before YOU, as were all our fathers; our days on earth are as a shadow, and without hope." 1 Chronicles 29: 10-15

Giving your best to GOD shows the value you put on your relationship with HIM. If you are trying to get away with something less than the best, your motives reveal the GOD is not first in your life. Since your worship reflects your heart's condition, giving your best to GOD reflects what you think of HIM. Giving less than your best cheapens GOD's best gift to you--eternal life through the death and resurrection of HIS own SON, JESUS CHRIST. GOD doesn't care about material things, remember, if HE can make you, me, and the whole universe, material worth means nothing to HIM, but a true relationship with HIM is what matters most. Giving GOD your best means on what your attitude is at work (even working at the Ranches), home, helping others, and having GOD's love in your heart everywhere and everytime in your life. When you are having a lousy day, ask GOD to yourself, like and HE is your best friend, to help you out, HE always is there to listen and help you out no matter what. Just don't forget to thank HIM for anything sincerely and respectfully.

GOD's Promise:
    9)Honor the LORD with your possessions, and the with the firstfruits of all your increase; 10) so your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will overflow with new wine. Proverbs 3: 9-10

The song for today is "Passion" by Stryper from their "Reborn" album.

14. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

10/04/2019 The subject is Disconnection. "When my life is not filled with the HOLY SPIRIT, what can happen?"

GOD's Response:
    [Walking In The SPIRIT] 16) I say then: Walk in the SPIRIT, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17) For the flesh lusts against the SPIRIT, and the SPIRIT against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18) But if you are led by the SPIRIT, you are not under the law. 19) Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21) envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of GOD. 22) But the fruit of the SPIRIT is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23) gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24) And those who are CHRIST's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25) If we live in the SPIRIT, let us also walk in the SPIRIT. 26) Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another. Galatians 5: 16-26

The HOLY SPIRIT cannot do HIS work in your life if you aren't connected to HIM. If you're not connected, you get no nourishment from HIM and you begin to follow your sinful desires. How much better to remain connected in your fellowship with JESUS CHRIST through the HOLY SPIRIT and let HIM produce a great work in you. Get connected! Pray, read your BIBLE, worship with other believers, and listen to GOD. Your life be so much happier.

GOD's Promise:
    [JESUS CHRIST speaking] [The True Vine] 1) "I am the true vine, and MY FATHER is the vinedresser. 2) Every branch in ME that does not bear fruit HE takes away, and every branch that bears fruit HE prunes, that I may bear more fruit. 3) You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4) Abide in ME, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in ME." 5) "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in ME, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without ME you can do nothing. 6) If anyone does not abide in ME, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and they are burned. 7) If you are abide in ME, and MY words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8) By this MY FATHER is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be MY disciples." John 15: 1-8

The two songs for today are "Let's Not Forget" and "Without YOU featuring Erin S. and Misty Cruz" by Infinite from their "The Others" album.

15. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

10/05/2019 The subject is GOD's Anger. "Will GOD ever lose HIS patience with me?"

GOD's Response:
    [Israel's Unfaithfulness] 11) Then the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD, and served the Baal's; 12) and they forsook the LORD GOD of their fathers, who had brought them out of the land of Egypt; and they followed other gods from among the gods of the people who were all around them, and they bowed down to them, and they provoked the LORD to anger. 13) They forsook the LORD and served Ball and the Ashtoreths. (You may think, what is wrong with them worshiping other pagan gods, those pagan gods [they were actually the fallen angels from heaven turned into the Devil aka Lucifer and his minions the demons] in which through those sects performed human sacrifices and cannibalism mostly of infants, same things performed today in neo-Satanism cults and true druidic circles.). 14) And the anger of the LORD was hot against Israel. So HE delivered them into the hands of the plunderers who despoiled them; and HE sold them into the hands of their enemies all around so that they could no longer stand before their enemies. 15) Wherever they went out, the hand of the LORD was against them for calamity, as the LORD had said, and as the LORD had sworn to them. And they were greatly distressed. 16) Nevertheless, the LORD raised up judges (they were prophets/leaders/heroes/ and GOD's chosen messengers both men and women) who delivered them out of the hand of those who plundered them. 17) Yet they would not listen to their judges, but they played the harlot with other gods, and bowed down to them. They turned quickly from the way in which their fathers walked, in obeying the commandments of the LORD; they did not do so. 18) And when the LORD raised up judges for them, the LORD was with the judge and delivered them out of the hand of their enemies all the days of the judge; for the LORD was moved to pity by their groaning because of those who oppressed them and harassed them. 19) And it came to pass, when the judge was dead, that they reverted and behaved more corruptly than their fathers, by following other gods, to serve them and bow down to them. They did not cease from their own doings nor from their stubborn way. 20) Then the anger of the LORD was hot against Israel; and HE said, "Because this nation has transgressed MY covenant which I commanded their fathers, and has not heeded MY voice, 21) I also will no longer drive out before them any of the nations which Joshua left when he died, 22) so that through them I may test Israel, whether they will keep the ways of the LORD, to walk in them as their fathers kept them, or not." 23) Therefore the LORD left those nations, without driving them out immediately; nor did HE deliver them into the hand of Joshua. Judges 2: 11-23
    1) The word of the LORD came to me again, saying, 2) "Son of man, prophesy and say, 'Thus says the LORD GOD: "Wail, 'Woe to the day!' 3) For the day is near, even the day of the LORD is near; it will be a day of clouds, the time of the Gentiles. 4) The sword shall come upon Egypt, and great anguish shall be in Ethiopia, when the slain fall in Egypt, and they take away her wealth, and her foundations are broken down." Ezekiel 30: 1-4

The BIBLE clearly emphasizes a basic and powerful principle: following GOD leads to blessing, and abandoning GOD leads to misery. Without GOD as our shield, temptation and evil rush in unhindered. GOD loses patience only when you utterly fail to recognize HIS work in your life and abandon the godly principles that lead to HIS blessing. When GOD loses patience, you lose the mercy that you absolutely need to survive--and that is terrifying. GOD is very patient; HE doesn't expect that you will be able to obey HIM perfectly--as humans we can't! All HE asks is that you sincerely try to follow and obey HIM.

GOD's Promise:
    1) "Now it shall come to pass, if you diligently obey the voice of the LORD your GOD, to observe carefully all HIS commandments which I command you today, that the LORD your GOD will set you high above all nations of the earth. 2) And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the LORD your GOD:" 15) "BUT it shall come to pass, if you do not obey the voice of the LORD your GOD, to observe carefully all HIS commandments and HIS statutes which I command you today, that all these curses will come upon you and overtake you:" Deuteronomy 28: 1-2, 15

Two songs for today represent where you will end up after death without and with GOD depending which way choose to be with GOD in your life. (Without GOD) "Black Sabbath" by Black Sabbath with Ozzy Osbourne (Amazingly this song is warning from Ozzy of where you will end up without GOD in your life, amazingly Ozzy is a believer in GOD. Focus on the lyrics. I have one video with just the lyrics and another of the original video for us metalheads, like you and me, OldNick.) (With GOD) "Last Days" by Infinite from their "The Others" album.

16. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Sorry everyone, I won't be putting up today's BBILE verses, not feeling too hot with a head cold this weekend and the nerves in the both ankles are acting up even worse. I promise I'll put them up tomorrow and do a make up one on Tuesday, again sorry.

17. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

10/07/2019 The new October month step in the continuing series of "Go Beyond; Message: Enough is Enough; Title: JESUS is Enough to Resist Temptation."

[Temptation: Taking it Easy] [Satan Tempts JESUS] 1) Then JESUS, being filled with the HOLY SPIRIT, returned from the Jordan and was led by the SPIRIT into the wilderness, 2) being tempted for forty days by the devil. (Everyone is tempted, but it all depends if you follow through with that temptation and commit the sin or avoid the temptation.) And in those days HE ate nothing, and afterward, when they had ended, HE was hungry. 3) And the devil said to HIM, "If YOU are the SON of GOD, command this stone to become bread." 4) But JESUS answered him, saying, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of GOD.' " 5) Then the devil, taking HIM up on a high mountain, showed HIM all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 6) And the devil said to HIM, "All this authority I will give YOU, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. (Go back and check the second page of this post 09/05/2019 when I commented to Costa about the transferring of dominion of the earth from Adam and Eve to Satan, when Adam and Eve sinned and lost control of the earth that was given to them by GOD. Even though JESUS CHRIST is part of the HOLY TRINITY: GOD the FATHER, JESUS CHRIST the SON of GOD, and the HOLY SPIRIT; JESUS CHRIST formed the universe and the earth, HE gave dominion of the earth to Adam and Eve, but as soon as Adam and Eve sinned, the earth's dominion was immediately transferred to Satan because sin entered and corrupted the earth.) 7) Therefore, if YOU worship before me, all will be YOURS." 8) And JESUS answered and said to him, "Get behind ME, Satan! For it is written, 'You shall worship the LORD your GOD, and HIM only you shall serve.'" 9) Then he brought HIM to Jerusalem, set HIM on the pinnacle of the temple, and said to HIM, "If YOU are the SON of GOD, throw YOURSELF down from here. 10) For it is written: 'HE shall give HIS angels charge over you, to keep you,' 11) and 'In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone.'" 12) And JESUS answered and said to him, "It has been said, 'You shall not tempt the LORD your GOD.'" 13) Now when the devil had ended every temptation, he departed from HIM until an opportune time. (The next time is when JESUS CHRIST is praying in the Garden of Olives in Gethsemane and while HE is being beaten, carrying the Cross to Calvary which was known as Golgotha: Place of Skulls, and sacrificed for our sins so that we may have salvation.) Luke 4: 1-13
    [JESUS CHRIST speaking] "The thief (the thief is Satan) does not come except to steal, and to kill, and destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." John 10: 10
    Therefore submit to GOD. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. James 4: 7

The WORD of GOD is enough:
    12) Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the LORD has promised to those who love HIM. 13) Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by GOD"; for GOD cannot be tempted by evil, nor does HE HIMSELF tempt anyone. 14) But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15) Then, when desire has conceived, ti gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death. James 1: 12-15
    But GOD does challenge us.
    above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. Ephesians 6: 16 ( Read Ephesians 6: 10-20 about the full armor of GOD, you'll like it.)

Turning away is enough:
    22) Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith love, peace with those who call on the LORD out for a pure heart. 32) But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. 24) And a servant of the LORD must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, 25) in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if GOD perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, 26) and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will. 2 Timothy 2: 22-26
    Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken. Ecclesiastes 4: 12
    When in trouble, turn to GOD and fellow CHRIST followers.

Running to GOD is enough:
    14) Do not enter the path of the wicked, and do not walk in the way of evil. 15) Avoid it, do not travel on it; turn away from it and pass on. Proverbs 4: 14-15
    And we have confidence in the LORD concerning you, both that you do and will do the things we command you. 2 Thessalonians 3: 4
    No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but GOD is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. 1 Corinthians 10: 13
    Align yourself with GOD.

Challenge: Are you fighting against temptation that came into your life or are you just willing following sin?

The song for today is "Mighty To Save" by Michael W. Smith

18. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Okay everyone, for the past few days I have been dealing with a severe head cold or a mild flu (Yes, I already had my flu shot a few weeks ago.) , so I won't be able to post any inspirational BIBLE verses for the rest of this week until I have this illness licked. So if anyone wants to cover the rest of this week for me, I would greatly appreciate it, any kind of subject that you feel like talking about will do on here, even any BIBLE verse you like share on here. GOD bless you all!

19. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Okay I'm feeling much better today folks, so you'll be getting two scripture postings today. 10/11/2019 The subject today is Bad Habits. "How do I break a bad habit?"

GOD's Response:
    12) Therefore do net let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. 13) And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to GOD as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to GOD. 14) For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace. Romans 6: 12-14

The term bad habits brings to mind such things as smoking, alcohol, drugs, and any form of addictions. But spreading gossip, complaining, or backbiting can become bad habits too. Worry as a bad habit can hurt us physically and spiritually. One of Satan's great lies is that we are victims who have no power to resist. The world teaches us that heredity, environment, and circumstances excuse us from responsibility. In actuality, our bad habits are spiritual battles, but GOD is more powerful than anything that seeks to control us. When we tap into HIS power through prayer and HIS trust and the support of fellow believers, GOD breaks the chain that hold us and sets us free.

GOD's Promise:
    15) What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace? Certainly not! 16) Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one's slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? 17) But GOD be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. 18) And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. 19) I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness. 20) For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. 21) What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. 22) But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of GOD, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life. 23) For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of GOD is eternal life in CHRIST JESUS our LORD. Romans 6: 15-23

The song for today is "Hey Stoopid!" by Alice Cooper from his "Classicks" album.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  20. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

The second posting for today. 10/11/2019 The subject for today is Right Living. "If the righteous suffer like everybody else, why bother to live for GOD?"

GOD's Response:
    [At this time Job's "supposedly friends" thought he was being punished by GOD for a sin Job committed, but in actuality, Job was faultless in GOD's eyes and Satan challenged GOD to see if GOD's favored servant, Job, will turn his back on GOD and reject HIM, by allowing Satan to turning Job's life and health upside down, in the end, Satan loses the challenge because of Job's faithfulness to GOD and is blessed beyond measures unimaginable.] 1) Moreover Elihu answered and said: 20 "Do you think this is right? Do you say, 'My righteousness is more than GOD's'? 3) For you say, 'What advantage will it be to YOU? What profit shall I have, more than if I had sinned?' Job 35: 1-3 [If you want to read the whole story of this, read entire book of Job chapters 1-40. Good reading in your spare time.]
    56) The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. 57) But thanks be to GOD, who gives us the victory through our LORD JESUS CHRIST. 58) Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immoveable, always abounding in the work of the LORD, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the LORD. 1 Corinthians 15: 56-58

If the rewards of this earthly life were the only thing to live for, then a "why bother" attitude would be understandable. But there are two reasons why this perspective is mistaken. First, when we try to obey GOD, we put ourselves in position to enjoy life the way it is meant to be enjoyed; our relationships are more faithful, our lives are full of integrity, and our consciences are clear. Second, this life is not all there is. The BIBLE is very clear that those who trust JESUS CHRIST for forgiveness of sin receive the promise of eternal life. Our faithfulness in this life my or may not result in material prosperity, but the rewards in heaven will be more than we could ever imagine.

GOD's Promise:
    9) But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which GOD has prepared for those who love HIM." 10) But GOD has revealed them to us through HIS SPIRIT. For the SPIRIT searches all things, yes, the deep things for GOD. 11) For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of GOD except the SPIRIT of GOD. 12) Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the SPIRIT who is from GOD, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by GOD. 1 Corinthians 2: 9-12

Three songs in order for today are " Hope" and "Keep'n It Real" by Shaggy from his "Hotshot" album and "Love Lifted Me" by Kenny Rogers from his "Twenty Greatest Hits" album.

21. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

10/12/2019 The subject today is Faith. "I know I'm supposed to have faith in GOD, but it seems so complicated. How can I ever have faith?"

GOD's Response:
    35) While HE was still speaking, some came from the ruler of the synagogue's house who said, "Your daughter is dead. Why trouble the TEACHER any further?" 36) As soon as JESUS heard the word that was spoken, HE said to the ruler of the synagogue, "Do not be afraid; only believe." 37) And HE permitted no one to follow HIM except Peter, James, and John the brothers of James. 38) Then HE came to the house of the ruler of the synagogue, and saw a tumult and those who wept and wailed loudly. 39) When HE came in, HE said to them, "Why make this commotion and weep? The child is not dead, but sleeping." 40) And they ridiculed HIM. But when HE had put them al outside, HE took the father and the mother of the child, and those who were with HIM, and entered where the child was lying. 41) Then He took the child by the hand, and said to her, "Talitha, cumi,"which is translated, "Little girl, I say to you, arise." 42) Immediately the girl arose and walked, for she was twelves years of age. And they were overcome with great amazement. 43) But HE commanded them strictly that no one should know it, and said that something should be given her to eat. Mark 5: 35-43
    1) LORD, my heart is not haughty, nor my eyes lofty. Neither do I concern myself with great matters, nor with things too profound for me. 2) Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with his mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me. 3) O Israel, hope in the LORD from this time forth and forever. Psalm 131: 1-3
    25) At that Time JESUS answered and said, "I thank YOU, FATHER, LORD of heaven and earth, that YOU have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes. 26) Even so, FATHER, for so it seemed good in YOUR sight. 27) All things have been delivered to ME by MY FATHER, and no one knows the SON except the FATHER. Nor does anyone know the FATHER except the SON, and the one to whom the SON wills to reveal HIM. 28) Come to ME, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29) Take MY yoke upon you and learn from ME, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30) For MY yoke is easy and MY burden is light." Matthew 11: 25-30

We often make faith in GOD more complicated than it really is. Faith simply means trusting GOD to do what HE has promised. The problem comes when we get confused over exactly HE has promised. A great use of your time is to study GOD's promises in the BIBLE. Then you will develop a childlike confidence in GOD as you see all the promises HE has fulfilled and anticipate the ones yet to come.

GOD's Challenge:
    24) Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when JESUS came. [This is after the Resurrection of JESUS CHRIST from the grave.] 25) The other disciples therefore said to him, "We have seen the LORD." So he said to them, "Unless I see in HIS hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into HIS side, I will not believe." [Hence the term, "A doubting Thomas."] 26) And after eight days HIS disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. JESUS came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, "Peace to you." 27) Then HE said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at MY hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into MY side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing." 28) And Thomas answered and said to HIM, "My LORD and my GOD!" 29) JESUS said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen ME, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20: 24-29

The three songs for today are "Hello, My Name Is" by Mathew West from his "Into The Light" album, "Mercy Is A Song" by Matthew West from his "All In" album, and "Drops In The Ocean" by Hawk Nelson from their "Diamonds" album.

22. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

10/14/2019 The continuing of the series "Go Beyond; Message: Enough is Enough; Title: Three Questions."

Is JESUS enough when I face the enemy?:
    [Abraham's Seed and Satan's] 37) "I know that you are Abraham's descendants, but you seek to kill ME, because MY word has no place in you. 38) I speak what I have seen with MY FATHER, and you do what you have seen with your father." 39) They answered and said to HIM, "Abraham is our father." JESUS said to them, "If you were Abraham's children, you would do the works of Abraham. 40) But now you seek to kill ME, a MAN who has told you the truth which I heard from GOD. Abraham did not do this. 41) You do the deeds of your father." Then they said to HIM, "We were not born of fornication; we have one FATHER--GOD." 42) JESUS said to them, "If GOD were your FATHER, you would love ME, for I proceed forth and came from GOD; nor have I come of MYSELF, but HE who sent ME. 43) Why do you not understand MY speech? Because you are not able to listen to MY word. 44) You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. 45) But because I tell the truth, you do not believe ME. 46) Which of you convicts ME of sin? And if I tell the truth, why do you not believe ME? 47) He who is of GOD hear GOD's words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of GOD." John 8: 37-47
    When everything is changed; is JESUS enough?

Is JESUS enough when I know YOUR WORD?:
    [The WORD Discovers Our Condition] 11) Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience. 12) For the word of GOD is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13) And there is no creature hidden from HIS sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of HIM to whom we must give account. Hebrews 4: 11-13

Is JESUS enough when I am called to follow? :
    Now I praise you, brethren, that you remember me in all things and keep the traditions just as I delivered them to you. 1 Corinthians 11: 1
    [Various Exhortations] 12) And we urge you, brethren, to recognize those who labor among you, and are over you in the LORD and admonish you, 13) and to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. Be at peace among yourselves. 14) Now we exhort you, brethren, warn those who are unruly, comfort the fainthearted, uphold the weak, be patient with all. 15) See that no one renders evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good both for yourselves and all. 16) Rejoice always, 17) pray without ceasing, 18) in everything give thanks; for this is the will of GOD in CHRIST JESUS for you. 19) Do not quench the SPIRIT. 20) Do not despise prophecies. 21) Test all things; hold fast what is good. 22) Abstain from every form of evil.
    1 Thessalonians 5: 12-22

You're not just part of GOD's family, but also part of GOD's army.
    If you want to be popular, preach happy; if you want to be unpopular, preach holy!
    Challenge: If everything were stripped away from your life--would JESUS be enough? Like Job ( I suggest if you have the spare time read the book of Job in the Old Testament to see what he went through and how GOD turned his life around, while Job kept his faith and followed GOD unlike the others around him.)

The song for today is "We are the sons, we are the daughters of GOD" by North Point Inside Out from their album "Hear".

23. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

10/15/2019 The subject for today is Cleansing. "What does it really mean to be forgiven?"

GOD's Response:
    [Reconciled in CHRIST] 19) For it pleased the FATHER that in HIM all the fullness should dwell, 20) and by HIM to reconcile all things to HIMSELF, by HIM, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of HIS cross. 21) And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now HE has reconciled 22) in the body of HIS flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in HIS sight-- 23) if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister. Colossians 1: 19-23
    18) "Come now, and let us reason together," says the LORD, "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool. 19) If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land; 20) But if you refuse and rebel, you shall be devoured by the sword"; for the mouth of the LORD has spoken. Isaiah 1: 18-20
    [David Celebrates the Same Truth] 5) But to him who does not work but believes on HIM who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6) just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom GOD imputes righteousness apart from works: 7) "Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, and whose sins are covered; 8) blessed is the man to whom the LORD shall not impute sin." Romans 4: 5-8

Forgiveness means that GOD looks at you as though you have never sinned. When GOD forgives, HE doesn't sweep your sins under the carpet; instead, HE completely removes them from existence and forgets them. If you have confessed your sin, don't go through another day under the weight of unnecessary guilt, because when you sin again, HE will forgive you if you sincerely ask HIM. You can never ask too many times for GOD to forgive you--this is HIS marvelous gift to you. If only we can learn from GOD when we need to forgiving one another, the same love, caring, and forgiving not just to each other, but also to ourselves too. Let GOD into your life, your heart, and soul and see your life not only change, but get better every day, and every moment.

GOD's Promise:
    11) For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is HIS mercy towards those who fear HIM; 12) as far as the east is from the west, so far has HE removed our transgressions from us. 13) as a father pities his children, so the LORD pities those who fear HIM. 14) For HE knows our frame; HE remembers that we are dust. Psalm 103: 11-14

The song for today is "Washed Away/ Nothing But The Blood" by Michael W. Smith from his "Awaken: The Surrounded Experience" album.

24. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

10/22/2019 Hi everyone, I'm back, sorry but I have been sick with the flu and suffering from heavy, deep depression. Today we are continuing with the series: "Go Beyond; Message: Enough is Enough; Title: Enough is Enough."

Enough is enough because JESUS is enough.
    Therefore we were buried with HIM through baptism into death, that just as CHRIST was raised from the dead by the glory of the FATHER, even so we also should walk in newness of life. Romans 6: 4
    7) But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers. 8) And above all things have fervent love for one another, for "love will cover a multiple of sins." 9) Be hospitable to one another without grumbling. 10) As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of GOD. 11) If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of GOD. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which GOD supplies, that in all things GOD may be glorified through JESUS CHRIST, to whom belong the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. 1 Peter 4: 7-11

Enough is enough because Grace is enough.
    7) In HIM we have redemption through HIS blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of HIS grace 8) which HE made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, 9) having made known to us the mystery of HIS will, according to HIS good pleasure which HE purposed in HIMSELF, 10) that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times HE might gather together in one all things in CHRIST, both which are in heaven and which are on earth--in HIM. Ephesians 1: 7-10
    8) For by grace you have been saved through faith, and not of yourselves; it is the gift of GOD, 9) not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10) For we are HIS workmanship, created in CHRIST JESUS for good works, which GOD prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2: 7-10
    14) Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the LORD: 15) looking carefully lest anyone shall fall short of the grace of GOD; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled; 16) lest there be any fornicator or profane person like Esau, who for one morsel of food sold his birthright. Hebrews 12: 15-16

Enough is enough because You are enough.

Challenge: What are you going to surrender over to JESUS CHRIST this week, saying Enough is Enough?

The song for today is "O Come To The Altar" by Elevation Worship.

25. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

10/24/2019 The subject for today is Burnout. "What is burnout?"

GOD's Response:
    [Elijah Escapes from Jezebel] 1) And Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, also how he had executed all the prophets with the sword. 2) Then Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah, saying, "So let the gods do to me, and more also, if I do not make your life as the life of one of them by tomorrow about this time." 3) And when he saw that, he arose and ran for his life, and went to Beersheba, which belongs to Judah, and left his servant there. 4) But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a broom tree. And he prayed that he might die, and said, "It is enough! Now, LORD, take my life, for I am no better than my fathers!" 1 Kings 19: 1-4
    1) For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from GOD, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2) For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven, 3) if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked. 2 Corinthians 5: 1-3
    I am feeble and severely broken; I groan because of the turmoil of my heart. Psalm 38: 8

Burnout is the emotional exhaustion that comes when reality persistently falls short of our expectations. Elijah was convinced that his spiritual victory would transform Ahab's heart and change the spiritual climate of Israel, but instead of implementing reforms, Ahab threatened Elijah's life. Just at the moment of triumph, Elijah grew depressed and quit--classic signs of burnout, which can be a particular problem for Christians as well as everyone else. GOD's power is limitless, but we still live in a fallen world. When our expectations go unmet, the result can be burnout. Learn to recognize burnout before it overwhelms you and renders you ineffective for serving GOD.

GOD's Promise:
    [Be Generous and Do Good] 6) Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches. 7) Do not be deceived, GOD is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8) For he who sows to his flesh will also the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the SPIRIT will of the SPIRIT reap everlasting life. 9) And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. 10) Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith. Galatians 6: 6-10

The song for today is "The Elements" by Toby Mac from his "The Elements" album.

26. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

10/25/2019 The second part of the subject of Burnout. "How can I avoid burnout?"

GOD's Response:
    5) Then as he (Elijah) lay and slept under a broom tree, suddenly an angel touched him, and said to him, "Arise and eat." 6) Then he looked, and there by his head was a cake baked on coals, and a jar of water. So he ate and drank, and lay down again. 7) And the angel of the LORD came back the second time, and touched him, said, "Arise and eat, because the journey is too great for you." 8) So he arose, and ate and drank; and he went in the strength of that food forty days and forty nights as far as Horeb, the mountain of GOD. 9) And there he went into a cave, and spent the night in that place; and behold, the word of the LORD came to him, and HE said to him, "What are you doing here, Elijah?" 10) So he said, "I have been very zealous for the LORD GOD of hosts; for the children of Israel have forsaken YOUR covenant, torn down YOUR altars, and killed YOUR prophets with the sword. I alone am left; and they seek to take my life." 1 Kings 19: 5-10
    Six days you shall do your work, and on the seventh you shall rest, that your ox and your donkey may rest, and the son of your female servant and the stranger may be refreshed. Exodus 23: 12

Elijah's experience suggests three steps to beating burnout. (1) Take care of your body. A healthy diet and regular exercise are essential. (2) Conne3ct with other people. Elijah thought he was the only person in Israel still faithful to GOD, but there were actually 7,00 of them! When you isolate yourself or start thinking, I'm the only one who cares about this cause, you're in trouble. (3) Do GOD's work today. GOD gave Elijah specific steps that the prophet could achieve. Work at the tasks GOD has set before you and leave the results to GOD. Realize it's not up to you to do everything.

GOD's Promise:
    27) Why do you, O Jacob, and speak, O Israel: "My way is hidden from the LORD, and my just claim is passed over by my GOD"? 28) Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting GOD, the LORD, the CREATOR of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary. HIS understanding is unsearchable. 29) HE gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might HE increases strength. 30) Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall, 31) but those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40: 27-31

The song for today is "Surrounded (Fight My Battles)" by Michael W. Smith from his "Awaken: The Surrounded Experience" album.

27. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

10/26/2019 The subject for today is Danger. "What can be dangerous about power?"

GOD's Response:
    [The Tower of Babel] 1) Now the whole earth had one language and one speech. 2) And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar, and they dwelt there. 3) Then they said to each one another, "Come, let us make bricks and bake them thoroughly." They had brick for stone, and they had asphalt for mortar. 4) And they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city, and a tower whose top is in the heavens; let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be scattered abroad the face of the whole earth." [The people of earth thought and seeked to be higher and greater if not equal to GOD, big mistake, they forgot who GOD was and always is, they were falling into the same sins that caused GOD to flood the earth and destroy all humanity from their unturnable, prideful, sinful ways.] Genesis 11: 1-4
    [Talking about the flooding of the earth and also corruption of people after the flood in new countries] 15) "Thus says the LORD GOD: 'In the day when it went down to hell, I caused mourning. I covered the deep because of it. I restrained its rivers, and the great waters were held back. I caused Lebanon to mourn for it, and all the trees of the field wilted because of it. 16) I made the nations shake at the sound of its fall, when I cast it down to hell together with those who descend into the Pit; [the very Pit of Hell] and all the trees of Eden, the choice and the best of Lebanon, all that drink water, were comforted in the depths of the earth. 17) They also went down to hell with it, with those slain by the sword; and those who were its strong arm dwelt in its shadows among the nations.' 18) 'To which of the trees in Eden will you then be likened in glory and greatness? Yet you shall be brought down with the trees of Eden to the depths of the earth; you shall lie in the midst of the uncircumcised, [uncircumcised of the heart and soul, not so much with the pecker, GOD wants a loving, following heart and soul, not a stony, hatefully heart and soul] with those slain by the sword This is Pharaoh and all his multitude,' says the LORD GOD." Ezekiel 31: 15-18

Power is intoxicating--with it comes recognition, control, and often wealth. Each of these feeds pride, and pride leads us away from GOD and into sin. [When you develop pride instead of being proud of you accomplishments, you depend less on GOD who gave and helped you in you advancements in life and believe you did it all on your own. It's okay to have recognition, control, respect, and wealth, but it is in how you use it, accomplish it, and share it with others. Make sure you serve GOD in everything, everyday, and in everyway.] This is why power so often corrupts. If you are in a position of power and authority, tow things will help you use it wisely: accountability and service. When you have to explain your motives to others, you will be more careful in what you do and say. When you determine to serve others with your power rather than being served, you will gain great support and loyalty from those in your care.

GOD's Promise:
    17) The loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be brought low; the LORD alone will be exalted in that day, [Judgement Day] 18) but the idols HE shall utterly abolish. Isaiah 2: 17-18

The two songs for today are "Edge Of My Seat" and "Horizon (A New Day)" by Toby mac from his album "The Elements".

28. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Sorry I have been hurting a lot lately. 10/31/2019 Today we are continuing the series, "Go Beyond; Message: Enough is Enough; Title: Redemption Is Enough."

When We Accept JESUS CHRIST:
    1) So it was, as the multitude pressed about HIM to hear the word of GOD, that HE stood by the Lake of Gennesaret, 2) and saw two boats standing by the lake, but the fishermen had gone from them and were washing their nets. 3) Then HE got into one of the boats, which was Simon's, and asked him to put out a little from the land. And HE sat down and taught the multitudes from the boat. 4) When HE had stopped speaking, HE said to Simon, "Launch out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch."
    5) But Simon answered and said to HIM, "Master, we have toiled all night and caught nothing; nevertheless at YOUR word I will let down the net." [Simon Peter was a loud-mouth fisherman.] 6) And when they had done this, they caught a great number of fish, and their net was breaking. 7) So they signaled to their partners in the other boat to come and help them. And they came and filled both boats, so that they began to sink. Luke 5: 1-7

But We Have Doubt:
    22) Immediately JESUS made HIS disciples get into the boat and go before HIM to the other side, while HE sent the multitudes away. 23) And when HE had sent the multitude away, HE went up on the mountain by HIMSELF to pray. Now when the evening came, HE was alone there. 24) But the boat was now in the middle of the sea, tossed by the waves, for the wind was contrary. 25) Now in the fourth watch of the night JESUS went to them, walking on the sea. 26) And when the disciples saw HIM walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying' "It is a ghost!" And they cried out for fear. 27) But immediately JESUS spoke to them saying, "Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid." 28) And Peter answered HIM and said, "LORD, if it is YOU, command me to come to YOU on the water." 29) So HE said, "Come." And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to JESUS. 30) But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, "LORD, save me!" 31) And immediately JESUS stretched out HIS hand and caught him, and said to him, "O you of little faith, why did you doubt?"
    Matthew 14: 22-31

And We Tend Not To Listen, Then Persecution And Denial Will Come:
    [Peter Denies JESUS, and Weeps Bitterly] 54) Having arrested HIM, they led HIM into the high priest's house. But Peter followed at a distance. 55) Now when they had kindled a fire in the midst of the courtyard and sat down together, Peter sat among them. 56) And a certain servant girl, seeing him as he sat by the fire, looked intently at him and said, "This man was also with HIM." 57) But he denied HIM, saying, "Woman, I do not know HIM." 58) And a little while another saw him and said, "You also are of them." But Peter said, "Man, I am not!" 59) Then after about an hour had passed, another confidently affirmed, saying, "Surely this fellow also was with HIM, for he is a Galilean." 60) But Peter said, "Man, I do not know what you are saying!" Immediately, while he was still speaking the rooster crowed. 61) And the LORD turned and looked at Peter. Then Peter remembered the word of the LORD, how HE had said to him, "Before the rooster crows, you will deny ME three times." 62) So Peter went out and wept bitterly. Luke 22: 54-62

Mountain Top Experience. False Confidence Causes Us To Sin. Shame And Guilt Causes Us To Run And Hide In Our Sin:
    [After JESUS CHRIST is Crucified] 3) Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing. John 21: 3
    [The Empty Tomb] Peter therefore went out, and the other disciple, and were going to the tomb. John 20: 3
    4) But when the morning had come, JESUS stood on the shore; yet the disciples did not know that it was JESUS. Then JESUS said to them, "Children, have you any food?" They answered HIM, "No." 6) And He said to them, "Cast the net on the right side of the boat, and you will find some." So they cast, and now they were not able to draw it in because of the multitude of fish. 7) Therefore that disciple whom JESUS loved said to Peter, "It is the LORD!" Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the LORD, he put on his outer garment (for he had removed it), and plunged into the sea. 8) But the other disciples came in the little boat (for they were not far from the land, but about two hundred cubits), dragging the net with fish. 9) Then, as soon as they had come to land, they saw a fire of coals there, and fish laid on it, and bread. John 21: 4-9

[JESUS Restores Peter] 15) So when they had eaten breakfast, JESUS said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love ME more than these?" He said to HIM, "Yes, LORD; YOU know that I love YOU." HE said to him, "Feed MY lambs." [JESUS is telling Peter accept JESUS CHRIST as his LORD and SAVIOR and to do the missionary work he was taught to do.] 16) HE said to him again a second time, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love ME?" He said to HIM, "Yes, LORD You know that I love YOU." HE said to him, "Tend MY sheep." 17) HE said to him the third time, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love ME?" Peter was grieved because HE said to him the third time, "Do you love ME?" And he said to HIM, "LORD, YOU know all things; YOU know that I love YOU." JESUS said, "Feed MY sheep. [Remind you of Simon Peter denying JESUS three times earlier?] 18) Most assuredly, I say to you, when you were younger, you girded yourself and walked where you wished; but when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and another will gird you and carry you where you do not wish." 19) This HE spoke, signifying by what death he would glorify GOD. And when HE had spoken this, HE said to him, "Follow ME." John 21: 15-19

JESUS Takes Our Shame And Guilt, And Replaces It With Grace And Redemption.

Challenge: 1) If you're trapped-stop fighting, let GOD help you out. 2) If you are doing well with your walk in GOD, stop to help others.

Two songs for today: "Do It Again." by Michael W. Smith from his "Awaken: The Surrounded Experience" and "GOD Of The Promise" by Elevation Worship.

29. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

11/3/2019 The continuing of the "Go Beyond Series; November Message: Rivals; Title: Rivals."

[Who Is The Greatest?] 33) Then HE came to Capernaum. And when HE was in the house HE asked them, "What was it you disputed among yourselves on the road?" 34) But they kept silent, for on the road they had disputed among themselves who would be the greatest. 35) And HE sat down, called the twelve, and said to them, "If anyone desires to be the first, he shall be the last of all and servant to all." 36) Then HE took a little child and set him in the midst of them. And when HE had taken him in HIS arms, HE said to them, 37) "Whoever receives one of these children in MY name receives ME; and whoever receives ME, receives not ME but HIM who sent ME." Mark 9: 33-37 (In other-words be dependent on GOD always like a child is dependent on it's parents)

Rivals distort greatness:
    Rivalry distorts your focus.
    How do you poison the body of CHRIST when you have rivals?
    Rivalry distorts your behavior.
    22) Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the LORD out of a pure heart. 23) But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. 24) And a servant of the LORD must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, 25) in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if GOD perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, 26) and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will. 2 Timothy 2: 22-26
    1) Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members? 2) You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and connote obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask. 3) You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures. 4) Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with GOD? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself and enemy of GOD. James 4: 1-4
    Choose to be nice or evil to your rival?

Odd but real rivalry sports: Outhouse Racing, Wife Carrying, Chess Boxing, Cheese Rolling (popular in England), Toilet Seat Tossing.

Rivals align with GOD's greatness:
    Rivalry makes you Go Beyond.
    24) And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25) not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the DAY approaching. Hebrews 10: 24-25
    Rivalry makes you examine yourself.

Challenge: How are you treating other CHRIST followers and other people? As a rival to injure or a rival to serve together with, where you make each other better?

Two songs for today are "Fierce" by JESUS Culture featuring Chris Quilala and "Good Good FATHER" by Chris Tomlin from his "HOLY ROAR" album.

30. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

For the next week or two I'll be doing a two part catch up on the daily inspirational Bible verses. 11/5/2019 The first subject is Second Chances. "I've been running from GOD all my life. Is it possible for GOD to use me now?"

GOD's Response:
    [Jonah's Disobedience] 1) Now the word of the LORD came to Jonah the son Amittai, saying, 2) "Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry out against it, for their wickedness has come up before ME." 3) But Jonah arose to flee to Tarshish from the presence of the LORD. He went down to Joppa, and found a ship going to Tarshish; so he paid the fare, and went down into it, to go with them to Tarshish from the presence of the LORD. Jonah 1: 1-3
    10) So The LORD spoke to the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land. Jonah 2: 10 1) Now the word of the LORD came to Jonah the second time, saying, 2) "Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and preach to it the message that I tell you." Jonah 3: 1-2

No matter how often you've run from GOD or avoided HIM, HE knew where you were the whole time. Jonah tried to run, but he ended up running right back to GOD--by way of a tumultuous ocean and giant fish. Have faith that your GOD, the GOD of Jonah, is a GOD of second chances. Now that you've stopped running, you can be sure that GOD wants to use you to accomplish something significant for HIM. Don't be surprised if your experience of running from GOD just happens to have perfectly prepared you for the job HE has for to do.

GOD's Promise:
    17) "Behold, happy is the man whom GOD corrects; therefore do not despise the chastening of the ALMIGHTY. 18) For HE bruises, but HE binds up; HE wounds, but HIS hands make whole. 19) HE shall deliver you in six troubles, yes, in seven no evil shall touch you. Job 5: 17-19

No matter where you are in life, what you are doing in life, GOD still loves you and wants you to be in HIS family and help HIM carry out HIS message of love and salvation. Even if you are working in place where most people think that GOD wouldn't want to be in, GOD wants to be in our lives everywhere we are and no matter what kind of work we do.

The two songs for the first part are " City On Our Knees" by Toby Mac from his "My Hope" album and "Overflow" by Toby Mac from his "The Elements" album. The second part will be posted in a separate post.

31. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

11/5/2019 The second part of today's daily inspirational Bible Verses is the subject on Resistance. "With so much evil in the world, is it really possible to resist?"

GOD's Response:
    36) And it came to pass, at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near and said, "LORD GOD of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, let it be known this day that YOU are GOD in Israel and I am YOUR servant, and that I have done all these things at YOUR word. 37) Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that YOU are the LORD GOD, and that YOU have turned their hearts back to YOU again." 38) Then the fire of the LORD fell and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood and the stones and the dust, and it licked up the water that was in the trench. 1 Kings 18: 36-38
    Now when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces; and they said, "The LORD, HE is GOD! The LORD, HE is GOD!" 1 Kings 18: 39

If you're feeling overwhelmed, you may be taking too large a perspective. Let GOD worry about all the injustice in the world; you just need to find one small injustice and start there. The world is filled with evil, and you are here to be a light in the darkness. Even a small candle can lighten a dark room. As you minister, you may find that others gain the courage to join you, and you can begin to broaden your perspective.

GOD's Promise:
    8) This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. 9) Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your GOD is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1: 8-9

The four songs for today are in this order: "The Elements", "I Just Need U.", "Starts With Me (Featuring Aaron Cole)", and "It's YOU" all by Toby Mac from his "The Elements" album.

32. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

11/6/2019 Okay today's two part message will be on the same post, just different sections, but also sharing the same two songs. The first subject for today is Perspective. "How can I praise GOD when life is difficult?"

GOD's Response:
    19) Joseph said to them, "Do not be afraid, for am I in the place of GOD? 20) But as for you, you meant evil against me; but GOD meant it for good in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive. 21) Now therefore, do not be afraid; I will provide for you and your little ones." And he comforted them and spoke kindly to them. Genesis 50: 19-21
    16) Rejoice always, 17) pray without ceasing, 18) in everything give thanks; for this is the will of GOD in CHRIST JESUS for you. 1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18

Life can be difficult for a number of reasons. You may be experiencing the consequences of your own sin, you may be suffering because of someone else's sin, you may be caught in circumstances that are no one's fault but are nonetheless unfortunate, GOD may be testing your faith, or you may be a target for Satan who wants to disrupt your godly influence. In any of these tough circumstances there is reason to praise GOD. HE redeems our mistakes, teaches us wisdom through adversity, promises to help us through tough times, and guarantees eternal life free from suffering for all who are his followers. A GOD who redeems all trouble is a GOD worthy of praise.

GOD's Promise:
    3) And I heard aloud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of GOD is with men, and HE will dwell with them, and they shall be HIS people. GOD HIMSELF will be with them and be their GOD. 4) And GOD will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away." 5) Then HE who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And HE said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful." Revelation 21: 3-5

The second subject is Odds. "How can I expect victory when the odds are stacked high against me?

GOD's Response:
    28) Then the Rabshakeh stood and called out with a loud voice in Hebrew, and spoke, saying, "Hear the word of the great king, the king of Assyria! 29) Thus says the king: "Do not let Hezekiah deceive you, for he shall not be able to deliver from his hand; 30) nor let Hezekiah make you trust in the LORD, saying, "The LORD will surely deliver us; this city shall not be given into the hand of the king of Assyria."' 2 Kings 18: 28-30
    1) And so it was, when King Hezekiah heard it, that he tore his clothes, covered himself with sackcloth, and went into the house of the LORD. 19) Now therefore, O LORD our GOD, I pray, save us from his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that YOU are the LORD GOD, YOU alone." 2 Kings 19: 1, 19
    21) Then the LORD sent an angel who cut down every mighty man of valor, leader, and captain in the camp of the king of Assyria. So he returned shamefaced to his own land. And when he had gone into the temple of his god, some of his own offspring struck him down with the sword there. 2 Chronicles 32:21

The odds were definitely stacked against the little nation of Judah. The mighty Assyrian army had already destroyed every nation in its path ... and Judah was next. So King Hezekiah did the only thing he could do--he went to the Temple and prayed. Assyria's mighty army was no match for GOD. You, too, will succeed at whatever GOD has called you to if you humbly and faithfully follow HIM, no matter how much the odds seem stacked against you.

GOD's Promise:
    5) So the servants of King Hezekiah came to Isaiah. 6) And Isaiah said to them, "Thus you shall say to your master, 'Thus says the LORD: Do not be afraid of the words which you have heard, with which the servants of the king of Assyria have blasphemed ME. 7) Surely I will send a spirit upon him, and he shall hear a rumor and return to his own land; and I will cause him to fall by the sword in his own land." ' " 2 Kings 19: 5-7

The two songs for today are "Power Love Sound Mind" by Matthew West from his "All In" album and "Landslide" by Seven Places from the "17 Christian Rock Hits 2004" album.

33. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

11/9/2019 The first of the two subjects today is Battles. "Why does it seem like someone or something is always fighting me?"

GOD's Response:
    1) Finally, my brethren, be strong in the LORD and in the power of HIS might. 11) Put on the whole armor of GOD, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12) For we do not wrestle against the flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6: 10-12
    37) HE answered and said to them: "HE who sows the good seed is the SON of MAN. 38) The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares (weeds) are the sons of the wicked one. 39) The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels." Matthew 13: 37-39
    15) Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the FATHER is not in him. 16) For all that is in the world--the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life--is not of the FATHER but is of the world. 17) And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of GOD abides forever. 1 John 2: 15-17

Satan is alive and active, and his legions of demons are always on the attack. A battle rages in the spiritual realm--a battle you can't see but one that you will experience if you seek to serve GOD. You need GOD's power, not your own, to stand strong and not allow temptations to draw you away. Most of all, since you do not always know or understand the evil that is threatening you, you need GOD's power to give you strength to face an unknown enemy. Have peace that GOD's knowledge and power will save you in battle.

GOD's Promise:
    And the GOD of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our LORD JESUS CHRIST be with you. Amen. Romans 16: 20

The second subject is Satan. "How powerful is Satan?"

GOD's Response:
    And the LORD said to Satan, "Behold, he is in your hand, but spare his life." Job 2: 6
    1) Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the Angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to oppose him. 2) And the LORD said to Satan, "The LORD rebuke you, Satan! The LORD who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! Is this not a brand plucked from the fire?" Zechariah 3: 1-2

At one time the most beautiful of all the angels, Satan (at that time called Lucifer, before he was cast down to hell from Heaven) became proud, sinned against GOD, and was cast out of heaven (So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the Earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Revelation 12: 9). As a created being, Satan has definite limitations--for example, Satan does not share GOD's attributes of omniscience (all-knowing), omnipresence (being everywhere at all times), and omnipotence (all-powerful). He is GOD's enemy, but he is not GOD's equal. As GOD's enemy, he tries to prevent people from believing in GOD. For those who are already believers, Satan's ultimate weapon is division. If Satan can get GOD's people to fight with one another, he will have no worries about GOD's Kingdom advancing. Although GOD has allowed Satan certain power and influence to tempt and even destroy, Satan will not be the final victor.

GOD's Promise:
    The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. Revelation 20: 10

The song for today is "Saved" by Big & Rich from their "Horse Of A Different Color" album.

34. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

11/11/2019 The continuing of the "Go Beyond Series; Message: Rivals; Title: Rivalries Gone Bad."

Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the LORD, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the LORD. 1 Corinthians 15: 58
    What do you hope to learn?

Saul started off trusting David and then he couldn't trust himself:.
    1) There was a man of Benjamin whose name was Kish, the son of Abiel, the son of Zeror, the son of Bechorath, the son of Aphiah, a Benjamite, a mighty man of power. 2) And he had a choice and handsome son whose name was Saul. 1 Samuel 9: 1-2
    And Saul answered and said, "Am I not a Benjamite, of the smallest of the tribes of Israel, and my family the least of all the families of the tribe of Benjamin? Why then do you speak to me like this? 1 Samuel 9: 21
    [Saul Proclaimed King] 17) Then Samuel called the people together to the LORD at Mizpah, 18) and said to the children of Israel, "Thus says the LORD GOD of Israel: 'I brought up Israel out of Egypt, and delivered you from the hand of the Egyptians and from the hand of all the kingdoms and from those who oppressed you.' 19) But you have today rejected your GOD, who HIMSELF saved you from all your adversities and your tribulations; and you have said to HIM, 'No, set a king over us!' Now therefore, present yourselves before the LORD by your tribes and by your clans." 20) And when Samuel had caused all the tribes of Israel to come near, the tribe of Benjamin was chosen. 21) When he had caused the tribe of Benjamin to come near by their families, the family Matri was chosen. And Saul the son of Kish was chosen. But when they sought him, he could not be found. 22) Therefore they inquired of the LORD further, "Has the man come here yet?" And the LORD answered, "There he is, hidden among the equipment." 23) So they ran and brought him from there; and when he stood among the people, he was taller than any of the people from his shoulders upward. 24) And Samuel said to all the people, "Do you see him whom the LORD has chosen, that there is no one like him among all the people?" So all the people shouted and said, "Long live the king!" 25) Then Samuel explained to the people the behavior of royalty, and wrote it in book and laid it up before the LORD. And Samuel sent all the people away, every man to his house. 26) And Saul went home to Gibeah; and valiant men went with him, whose hears GOD had touched. 27) But some rebels said , "How can this man save us?" So they despised him, and brought him no presents. But he held his peace. 1 Samuel 10: 17-27
    6) Now it had happened as they were coming home, when David was returning from the slaughter of the Philistine, that the women had come out of all the cities of Israel, singing and dancing, to meet King Saul, with tambourines, with joy, and with musical instruments. 7) So the women sang as they danced, and said: "Saul has slain his thousands, and David hi ten thousands." 8) Then Saul was very angry, and the saying displeased him; and he said, "They have ascribed to David Ten thousands, and to me they have ascribed only thousands, Now what more can he have but the kingdom?" 9) So Saul eyed David from that day forward. 10) And it happened on the next day that the distressing spirit from GOD came upon Saul [the distressing spirit is known as our conscience], and he prophesied inside the house. So David played music with his hand, as at other times; but there was spear in Saul's hand. 11) And Saul cast the spear, for he said' "I will pin David to the wall!" But David escaped his presence twice. 12) Now Saul was afraid of David, because the LORD was with him, but had departed from Saul. 13) Therefore Saul removed him from his presence, and made him his captain over a thousand; and he went out and came in before the people. 14) And David behaved wisely in all his ways, and the LORD was with him. 15) Therefore, when Saul saw that he behaved very wisely, he was afraid of him. 16) But all Israel and Judah loved David, because he went out and came in before them. 1 Samuel 18: 6-16

David continually trusted in GOD's ways no matter what!

Success is not final; failure is not final!

Challenge: How are you helping people succeed?

The three songs for today are "O Come To The Altar" by Elevation Worship, "King Of My Heart" by John Mark McMilan and Sarah McMilan, and "Mighty To Save" by Hillsong Worship.

35. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

11/12/2019 The two part subject today is Spiritual Warfare. "Is spiritual warfare a reality?"

GOD's Response:
    Then He [JESUS CHRIST] said to me, "Do not fear, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand, and to humble yourself bef0re your GOD, your words were heard; and I have come because your words. 13) But the prince of the kingdom of Persia [Satan] withstood me twenty-one days; and behold, Michael, one of the chief princes [Michael the Archangel of GOD], came to help me, for I have been left alone there with the kings of Persia. 14) Now I have come to make you understand what will happen to your people in the latter days, for the vision refers to many days yet to come." Daniel 10: 12-14
    Then JESUS was led up by the SPIRIT into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. Matthew 4:1

The BIBLE clearly teaches that human beings are involved in a spiritual battle. Far from excluding from this spiritual battle, faith put s you right in the middle of it. You are in a battle for your soul. You must recognize that and arm yourself, or you will be defeated.

GOD's Challenge:
    10) Finally, my brethren, be strong in the LORD and in the power of HIS might. 11) Put on the whole armor of GOD, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12) For we do not wrestle against the flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13) Therefore take up the whole armor of GOD, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Ephesians 6: 10-13 If you want to know what the whole armor of GOD is, read Ephesians 6: 14-20

"How does spiritual warfare affect me?"

GOD's Response:
    8) Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9) Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. 10) But may the GOD of all grace, who called us to HIS eternal glory by CHRIST JESUS, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. 11) To HIM be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen. 1 Peter 5: 8-11
    39) They answered and said to HIM, "Abraham is our father." Jesus said to them, "If you were Abraham's children, you would do the works of Abraham. 40) But now you seek to kill ME, a MAN who has told you the truth which I heard from GOD. Abraham did not do this. 41) You do the deeds of your father." Then they said to HIM, "We were not born of fornication; we have one FATHER--GOD." 42) JESUS said to them, "If GOD were your FATHER, you would love ME, for I proceed forth and came from GOD; nor have I come of MYSELF, but HE sent ME. 43) Why do you not understand MY speech? Because you are not able to listen to MY word. 44) You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. 45) But because I tell the truth, you do not believe ME. 46) Which of you convicts ME of sin? And if I tell the truth, why do you not believe ME? 47) He who is of GOD hears GOD's words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of GOD." John 8: 39-47

The purpose of evil is to defy GOD and wear down believers until they are led into sin. This gives Satan pleasure and greater power over the earth. Therefore, you must be alert at all times for both the sneak attacks and the frontal attacks of the evil one. He will try to distort GOD's WORD, hoping to make you doubt its integrity and, therefore, to question GOD's will and intentions for you. Eventually, GOD will take away and destroy the power of evil for all time. (Judgement Day) Until that day, we overcome evil by choosing to obey GOD.

GOD's Challenge:
    8) Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to CHRIST. 9) For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; 10) and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power. Colossians 2: 8-10

Basic wisdom on the Spiritual Warfare that most people don't realize; most people think, "Well, If I don't believe in GOD, JESUS CHRIST, and the HOLY SPIRIT, and the devil, I won't end up in hell but in heaven regardless." That is the devil's best weapon to make sure you don't end up in heaven with GOD, JESUS CHRIST, and the HOLY SPIRIT in paradise even after Judgement Day, but instead end up in hell and the lake of eternal fire and brimstone with the devil, the unbelieving, and al the demons suffering forever and ever. Choose to be a wise child of GOD and not a fool for the devil.

The two songs for today are "Reckless Love" and "Surrounded (Fight My Battles) by Michael W. Smith from his "Awaken: The Surrounded Experience" album.