❤❤ Positive Things ❤❤

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AlexaWu, Apr 5, 2020.

1. gLip5
    Chat with Me

gLip5 Well-Known Member

Right now im learning Japanese, but after I get comfortable with that one, Im not sure what language to learn. But im sure I have some time before I have to make that decision, lol.

AlexaWu likes this.
  2. So can you watch anime without the subtitles? That’s impressive! :)

Travis89 likes this.
  3. gLip5
    Chat with Me

gLip5 Well-Known Member

LOL, I actually didn’t even think of that. I was actually doing it to watch NJPW (Japanese Wrestling Promotion) without having to listen to the English Announcers.

4. Or Unbeatable Banzuke :)

gLip5 likes this.
  5. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

AlexaWu Well-Known Member

Learned to bite the bullet and pay a little more. Worth it when it's helping others.

Also learning to buy less groceries and make simpler meals.

joe carbols and gLip5 like this.
  6. I’ve been doing so much better with having things stocked at the house. I was queen of needing to go get one thing for a dish I was making! The receipts don’t lie about our habits :)

joe carbols and AlexaWu like this.
  7. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Following your lead, am using everything I have at home instead of going out buy pizza dough. Nice to know nothing will be wasted.

joe carbols likes this.
  8. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

Here is some positive things to learn during hard times and even during easy times as well. Live life everyday like it is special not mundane; love everyone in your life everyday whether close, far away, or be confined with or without them; pray in the hard and difficult times and be thankful afterwards and during the hard times as well as the good times.

Travis89 and AlexaWu like this.
  9. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

This is beautiful, thank you for sharing. [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

joe carbols and JerryVestal like this.
  10. jax
    Chat with Me

jax Well-Known Member

Despite all the gadgets and technology designed to bring us comfort, being isolated has shown me that the thing we need most is our fellow human beings.
    Human contact gives us hope, brings us peace, and gives us a sense of belonging we so desperately crave even as we are forced to remain physically distant.

AlexaWu and JerryVestal like this.
  11. TiredFrog
    Chat with Me

TiredFrog Well-Known Member

I increased its size and planted my veggie garden today! I love the fresh vegetables all summer, canning and freezing them so enjoy thoughout the winter, plus knowing that no chemicals or fertilizers were used in growing them!

AlexaWu and JerryVestal like this.
  12. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

You are very welcome, Miss Alexa Wu! [smilie=be mine!.gif][smilie=i love you1.gif][smilie=hot over you.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif] I thought it would be good for everyone right now.

AlexaWu likes this.
  13. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Absolutely agreed. A renewed appreciation for those around us and the things we really need in life.

joe carbols and JerryVestal like this.
  14. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Cant wait to see more photos. What compost/fertilizer do you use? You just reminded me, I was supposed to plant the root vegetables I've been sprouting in water. A bit late here now. Tomorrow it is!

15. TiredFrog
    Chat with Me

I don't use any fertilizer at all. I compost everything I possibly can in a large pile....food scraps, leaves, everything. I take the compost from that every year and dig it into the garden and its given me great results for the 15 years I've been doing that here. Its nice to eat food that I know is as "clean" as I can possibly make it!

AlexaWu likes this.
  16. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Absolutely agree about enjoying what you grow since you know what went into it. One of the many perks of growing our own produce.

Learned recently instead of tossing egg shells into compost, it's better to crush the shells finely and soak in water for a few days then mix into the compost. Soak a banana peel in water for a day then use it to feed the roses and it's a great source for the flowers.

origlegman, joe carbols and TiredFrog like this.
  17. TiredFrog
    Chat with Me

I hadn't heard that about the banana peels for roses, will give that a try as I've planted a few new ones this year. Thanks!

AlexaWu likes this.
  18. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

joe carbols Well-Known Member

I agree with @TiredFrog I use composted grass and leaves to give my garden a boost. Winter is over in North East Ohio so the tender plants will go in this weekend or next weekend for sure (too much rain lately) My Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower, Snow Peas, lettuce, leeks, are all doing great. Still waiting for the beets and carrots to pop up, maybe this week as it will be in the mid 70's again this weekend. I love garden work and harvesting the fruits of my labor.

TiredFrog, AlexaWu and origlegman like this.
  19. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

I agree Amazing @AlexaWu the appreciation of friendships especially when things are not going well in your life. It is amazing how a simple text, email, emoji can brighten the day of a friend. One of my friends from 5th grade is a ER Nurse for the Cleveland Clinic and is stressed out, but every day I send her a simple text and tell her how much I support her. What is even better, is that other friends also text me or email me and make sure I am doing well. I am blessed that this stress relief works both ways. There is just something special about having someone care for you that makes getting up in the morning so important.

Its a Great Day to be Alive!

AlexaWu and origlegman like this.
  20. And get a few next time you go out, because pizza cravings are completely random! :)

AlexaWu likes this.
  21. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

We are so busy with our everyday lives, it's nice we can connect when we can connect! Recently realized how I'm too connected to my phone and checking it less. Feels so much better! Instead of being overwhelmed when checking messages, looking forward to it now. Cheers to you for KIT with good friends. You're a gem!

joe carbols likes this.
  22. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Am loving all the family time I'm having, a different type of happy.

joe carbols likes this.
  23. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Finally learning it's okay to accept help. Have always struggled and thought I can do it all. Yes I can but that leads to burnouts and emotional wear.

Thank you to the friends made through the forum, can honestly say you guys are amazing!

24. This is an incredible thing, isn’t it? :)

25. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Yes! :):):):):) Still getting used to it and 'fighting' it so to speak, but it's a relief at the same time.

joe carbols likes this.
  26. One of the positive things I have learned to appreciate life and the people in my life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AlexaWu likes this.
  27. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Love this @Travis89 Thank you for sharing and being active in the forums today :)

joe carbols likes this.
  28. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Hey there @gLip5 that sounds like a bargain I’ll check it out later today

AlexaWu likes this.
  29. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Both of my boys speak fluent Latin ( no they are not in the seminary) just some thing they learned in high school. My oldest also took 5 yrs of Chinese in high school and 4 yrs of ASL in college.

AlexaWu likes this.
  30. As a polack I have been trying to learn polish and it is definitely not a easy language to learn except the swear words.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

AlexaWu likes this.
  31. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Maybe @origlegman and @joe carbols can teach you some Polish [smilie=happy.gif]

origlegman and joe carbols like this.
  32. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Sure thing Adorable @AlexaWu
    Lesson #1

Na Zdrowie!! It is the most import Polish word it’s for a toast and it means Cheers or Good Health!!

enjoy practicing this weekend with your family and friends

origlegman and AlexaWu like this.
  33. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Now, if I can make sure to say it correctly :p

34. Thank you Joe for the first lesson NA Zdrowie to you. This was a really good Idea Alexa. Na Zdrowie to you today and every day

35. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Na Zdrowie to you too! [smilie=hi ya!.gif][smilie=hi ya!.gif]