What did you eat today?

Discussion in 'Games' started by AlexaWu, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Smith's carries no good beans. I mean, they don't even carry chick peas. What if I want to make falafel or hummus? There's an indian grocer in Reno called Turmeric that carries really good ones of all varieties. If you want good southern red beans you order Carmellia brand.

Irish soda bread works in a pinch (flour, salt, water, baking powder). It's just really crumbly and tastes more like a biscut than a yeast bread. I had to resort to that last week because all the store had was self-rising flour (ie there's baking powder mixed in). Though, you can use self-rising flour to make cookies, pancakes, and banana/zucchini bread. Guess what I've been eating a lot of lately?

AlexaWu likes this.
  2. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

Amen, brother Joe, you're a good guy.

AlexaWu and joe carbols like this.
  3. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Come mid July if my parents and I get a decent head start on the garden I'll show you the plants, Miss Alexa Wu. If the trap is large enough, the possums will be no problem releasing, they won't both you, they will just make a dash out of the trap into the fields or woods, skunks on the other hand, that I would call a professional for.

4. Today we had some vegetarian egg rolls with duck sauce for a snack in the afternoon. We are eating winter chicken now.. Asian dish she found online :)

JerryVestal and AlexaWu like this.
  5. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

joe carbols Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words @JerryVestal. They are greatly appreciated

6. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

AlexaWu Well-Known Member

Will look up the recipe for Irish Soda Bread and fingers to find some AP flour soon! Thank you :)

7. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Hi @JerryVestal and Amazing @AlexaWu here are some pics of my Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower that are up and fighting off the snow storm today and tonight. They’re strong like me. All Ohioans are tuff, right @baileypaige and @Air Force Amy ??

Attached Files:

AlexaWu and JerryVestal like this.
  8. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Hi Adorable @AlexaWu. I started my day with 2 free range brown eggs (scrambled) and a large dollop of Spanish Rice. I’m ending the day finally eating the last of the lasagna my dear sweet neighbor made for me in exchange for some home grown flowers.

Yea!!!!! It’s all done.

Can I have another AMEN!!!

Attached Files:

9. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Your starters look good! When they begin flowering and producing yummies, please share photos too :). I am in a lot of FB gardening photos. Makes me happy to see my news feed filled with beautiful vegetable and flower photos. [smilie=hot over you.gif]

Some favorites from today:
    upload_2020-4-15_16-16-50.png Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 4.16.39 PM.png

JerryVestal likes this.
  10. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Sounds delcious! I wish I could have a good eggroll ;)

joe carbols likes this.
  11. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Spanish rice is one of my favorites. You're killing me with all these delicious things you get to eat! ;)
    Amen to finishing that scrumptious looking lasagna. Time to deliver more flowers :)

joe carbols likes this.
  12. Canadian1987
    Chat with Me

Canadian1987 Well-Known Member

Cupcakes have been replenished and will be consumed

AlexaWu likes this.
  13. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Details are needed. Flavor, texture, where did you get them? How many will you consume! Anything with flour, sugar, butter.. me like very much.

upload_2020-4-15_16-27-0.png
    upload_2020-4-15_16-27-10.png

14. Canadian1987
    Chat with Me

Canadian1987 Well-Known Member

They are chocolate, they are left over from easter dinner there were 8, and 6 currently remain

AlexaWu likes this.
  15. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

I hear you @AlexaWu, she will be getting some daffodils tomorrow or a Friday. Hyacinths are all done still too early for lilacs, pear trees are three weeks early but it’s supposed to get below freezing tonight so they will be shot. My Star magnolia look great but.... again the deep freeze tonight will destroy the blossoms. Oh well life in north East Ohio.

AlexaWu and JerryVestal like this.
  16. origlegman
    Chat with Me

origlegman Well-Known Member

;)[smilie=hi ya!.gif]Tonight for dinner, I prepared some stir fried shrimp, with rice and topped it with a creamy garlic, dill sauce. YUMMY! ;)[smilie=hi ya!.gif];)

joe carbols, AlexaWu and JerryVestal like this.
  17. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

They look great Joe, just a reminder, in case of anymore frost here in Ohio, might be a good idea to lay a tarp or something over them to prevent the always predictable late frost in from now until late May. Yeah, us Ohioans are tuff as hell breed, I'm from the Mahoning County district NE in Ohio.

AlexaWu likes this.
  18. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

They are really beautiful, Miss Alexa Wu, just like you, sweet and lovely!

AlexaWu likes this.
  19. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Bet it was delicious! A PHOTO would be lovely to see too ;)

20. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

You are a keeper! [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

joe carbols likes this.
  21. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

I wish I was a keeper @AlexaWu , I love honey and it is so sweet just like you.

But if I was a Bee Keeper I would be dead as I am severely allergic to Bee stings I go into anaphylactic shock with just one sting. I carry an epi pin every where I go. Last bee sting was two nights in ER and hospital. Full intubation to keep me breathing.

22. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Sounds great @origlegman, I had day 5 of lasagna from the widow next door. But it’s all gone. Leftover kielbasa and sauerkraut with Polish Spaetzle tonight. Yum

breakfast today was 2 liters of nasty ass tasting water medicine prior to a CT scan. Yech!!!!!

23. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Yikes, stay away from the bees. Hopefully you were in good company when you had to go to the hospital at least. Stay out of trouble :p

24. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Breakfast: Coffee and a typical Asian breakfast of porridge and 2 fried eggs
    Lunch: Already hungry and wondering what to make.

25. origlegman
    Chat with Me

;)[smilie=hi ya!.gif]For breakfast, two organic brown eggs over easy, bacon, toasted English muffins, orange juice and LOTS of strong coffee.;)[smilie=hi ya!.gif];)

joe carbols and AlexaWu like this.
  26. Making the best of a bad situation :)
    93049497_10215404830743606_2525221640816558080_n.jpg

joe carbols, JerryVestal and AlexaWu like this.
  27. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Haha, this was great. If you make a thong there's the possibility it will be worn for you to eat off ;)

JerryVestal and RunningSquirrel like this.
  28. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Snack: Two packs of instant noodles, spicy chips, fried sweet bread, a bowl of grapes

Dinner: Should consider detoxing.. but will have salad (healthy!) and cake :p

29. I'm not allowed to eat that till governor Sisolak lifts my diet restriction.;)

30. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Incredible lunch and dinner selection Adorable @AlexaWu. I think if you are going to detox yourself I think it should be nothing but deserts.

Due to my busy schedule today I was only able to have dinner tonight. It was delicious and a Polish staple of Fresh Polish Kielbasa slow roasted with sauerkraut. I also steamed some asparagus and pan fried with lots of butter Polish spaetzle. Topped with sour cream. It was yummy. I hope this brings back some fond memories @origlegman. If I ever make it out west again I will bring you some to cook in your kitchen.

Attached Files:

AlexaWu, JerryVestal and origlegman like this.
  31. origlegman
    Chat with Me

;) [smilie=hi ya!.gif]That looks wonderful and delicious and it does bring back many fond memories. [smilie=hi ya!.gif];)

32. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Gotta love @RunningSquirrel for the wonderful Bacon Masks. They look yummy. I’m actually burning hickory tonight in my wood burning stove. My house inside and out smells like bacon. It was great soaking in the hot tub with the clear skies and the hickory smoke. Thanks for the inspiration tonight RS I appreciate it

AlexaWu and RunningSquirrel like this.
  33. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

That was a fun night @origlegman, too bad I can’t do it again. Oh well. I left 3#s with Bails I bet you can talk her into sharing some of it when the ranches reopen

AlexaWu likes this.
  34. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

I don't understand :confused: please explain :)

35. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

You WILL make it out and bring @origlegman and myself a healthy serving of your delicious looking dishes!

joe carbols likes this.