Lily Poole’s A-Z Favorite Characters [emoji317][emoji451]‍♀️‍♀️

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lily Poole, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Nancy Wheeler
    Stranger Things
    601px-Stranger-things-4.jpg

Nicodemus Legend likes this.
  2. One Stab (played by Gordon Tootoosis), a Native American warrior, hunter, sort-of retainer to the Ludlow family, mentor to Tristan Ludlow, and narrator of the film Legends of the Fall. On a tangential one, I really enjoy the variety of characters we've all managed to dig up over these past months. This is a fun thread! Kudos to @Lily Poole for starting it.

"Stab speak English?! Ha! He wouldn't lower himself to speak English, would you Stab?!" ~ Alfred Ludlow

One Stab.jpg

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Lily Poole likes this.
  3. Patrick Bateman - this Huey Lewis obsessed businessman hacks his way through American Psycho

upload_2018-12-29_18-57-59.jpeg

4. Quasimodo (played by Charles Laughton), the eponymous Hunchback of Notre Dame in the 1936 film based on Victor Hugo's novel.

"I never realized till now how ugly I am, because you're so beautiful... I'm not a man! I'm not a beast! I'm about as shapeless as the man in the moon! I'm deaf, you know, but you can speak to me by signs." ~ Quasimodo The Bell Ringer

Quasimodo.jpg

Lily Poole likes this.
  5. Ron Swanson
    'Parks and Recreation'
    upload_2018-12-30_13-4-47.jpeg

"There has never been a sadness that can’t been cured by breakfast food."

6. Spawn - while the comic story line eventually went pretty off the rails and the Hollywood film wasn't exactly good, the early issues and the HBO animated series are some of my favorite superhero content ever created.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  7. Charles Montgomery Burns

8. Terminator: T-800 Series (played by Arnold Schwarzenegger, mostly), a time-traveling cyborg that can't be bargained with, can't be reasoned with, doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear, and absolutely will not stop until the franchise is totally played out, and doesn't make any money at all.

"The 600 series had rubber skin. We spotted them easy, but these are new. They look human... sweat, bad breath, everything. Very hard to spot. I had to wait till he moved on you before I could zero him." ~ Sgt. Kyle Reese

T-800 Human.jpg T-800.jpg

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    Lily Poole likes this.
  9. The Ugly Duckling
    From story by author Hans Christian Andersen
    Ugly-Duckling (1).jpg

10. Victor, Victoria Julie Andrews 1982
    [​IMG]

11. Wilfred Mott
    "Doctor Who"
    upload_2018-12-31_14-7-58.jpeg

12. X-23 (below right). A product of the Weapon X project, originally created for the X-Men: Evolution series. Apparently, she's the current Wolverine, although Logan will always be Wolverine to me (fuck you, Marvel!).

Logan v X-23.jpg

scarredheartboy and Lily Poole like this.
  13. Ygor
    Bela Lugosi

"Son of Frankenstein"
    [​IMG]

14. Zuckuss (below, right), just another simple man trying to make his way in the universe, Zuckuss was a bounty hunter seen briefly in The Empire Strikes Back.

"Bounty hunters? We don't need that scum." ~ Admiral Piett

Zuckuss.jpg

Lily Poole likes this.
  15. Akuma - Street Fighter series

"I am Akuma, and I will teach you the meaning of pain!"

[​IMG]

16. Barnabas Collins (played by Jonathan Frid), a vampire who actually acted like a vampire complete with henchmen and lost love in Dark Shadows.

"I didn't say she was dead, I said I killed her." ~ Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins.jpg

Lily Poole likes this.
  17. Claire Finn
    Doctor on the USS Orville
    .. "The Orville"
    [​IMG]

Nicodemus Legend and Lily Poole like this.
  18. Donatello - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - the brains behind the brawn of everyones favorite group of martial artist misfits. Bonus points for being voiced by Corey Feldman in one of my favorite films ever made.

upload_2019-1-3_14-16-57.jpeg

19. Ethel Mertz
    I Love Lucy
    b2687e6bd273c40ae3b233bc6582165a.jpg

20. Francis Wilkerson - the eldest child of the three boys from Malcolm In The Middle. Played by Chris Masterson

upload_2019-1-4_13-28-2.jpeg

21. Greedo. A toady of Jabba the Hut and, apparently, quite naive bounty hunter in Star Wars (a.k.a. A New Hope).

"I've been looking forward to this for a long time." ~ Greedo

"Yes, I bet you have." ~ Cpt. Han Solo

Greedo.jpg

Lily Poole likes this.
  22. Hugo "Hurley" Reyes
    "Lost"
    [​IMG]

23. Ivan Drago (played by Dolf Lundgren), a Soviet boxer with lethal skill, and a discernible lack of empathy for his fellow sportsmen. Drago was the main protagonist in Rocky IV, although you could argue that communism was, in fact, the enemy.

"You call him a killer. He is a professional fighter, not a killer. You have this belief that you are better than us. You have this belief that this county is so very good, and we are so very bad. You have this belief that you are so fair, and we are so very cruel." ~Ludmilla (at a press conference following the exhibition bout in which Drago beats Apollo Creed to death)

Ivan Drago.jpg

Lily Poole likes this.
  24. James "J.J." Evans Jr.
    "Good Times" d4498e53271a49ae71d93ede3c3c5001--funny-guys-funny-stuff.jpg

25. Keyser Soze. The most feared criminal mastermind in the world, so much so that his very name is used to frighten juvenile delinquents and hard-core criminals in Bryan Singer's most excellent crime film, The Usual Suspects.

"Who is Keyser Soze? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Soze. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone." ~ "Verbal" Kint

Keyser Soze.jpg

Lily Poole likes this.
  26. Lenford "Lenny" Leonard - Homer's drinking buddy and co-worker on The Simpsons

upload_2019-1-6_16-8-18.jpeg

27. Master/Missy
    The Doctor's adversary on "Doctor Who"
    [​IMG]

Lily Poole likes this.
  28. Natalya Simonova - Izabella Scorupco plays a Russian Space Forces programmer that saves Pierce Brosnan's James Bond in 1995's Goldeneye

[​IMG]

29. Oz
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    upload_2019-1-9_13-31-57.jpeg

Lily Poole likes this.
  30. Psycho Mantis - Metal Gear Solid - very cool character that could read your mind! (well, your memory card... but the way it was presented was awesome)

[​IMG]

31. Q ... Another of the Continuum that Q also called Q
    Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Played by Corbin Bernsen
    [​IMG]

Nicodemus Legend and Lily Poole like this.
  32. Ronee Lawrence - Niles and Frasier Crane's boyhood babysitter marries their father Martin on the sitcom Frasier

[​IMG]

33. Saruman the White (a.k.a. Saruman of Many Colors; a.k.a. Sharkey). A Maia spirit, Istar, and former head of The White Council, Saruman was a tragic character in The Lord of the Rings, who, much like Boramir son of Denathor, started out with the best intentions, but had internal flaws that ultimately were his undoing.

"Once he was as great as his fame made him. His knowledge was deep, his thought was subtle, and his hands marvelously skilled; and he had a power over the minds of others. The wise he could persuade, and the smaller folk he could daunt. That power he certainly still keeps." ~ Aragorn son of Arathorn on Saruman

Saruman.png

Lily Poole likes this.
  34. Tim Canterbury
    BBC's "The Office"
    [​IMG]

Lily Poole likes this.
  35. Usagi Yojimbo - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - this samurai rabbit from an alternate dimension Japan was one of the coolest characters from the original cartoon series

[​IMG]