Healthy Eating/Exercises tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by grizzly, Dec 31, 2022.

1. grizzly
    Chat with Me

grizzly Well-Known Member

Hello ladies and gentlemen!

So in the past year I have suffered a few injuries during the academy for corrections and at work.

According to my back doctor and massage therapist I am extremely tight and inflamed. I took Akido, various mixed martial arts which included ground defense, punches, kicks, etc. I was accidentally kicked into a steel prison table damaging my kidneys for about 2 weeks and pulled a muscle in my foot doing weapons retention training.

I currently look like I am about to deliver twins from a year long 6-12 pack a day habit of Dr.pepper

What are some healthy food alternatives and home exercises I can do to stretch my calfs, glutis maximus and get rid of my gut.

Is there any home gym equipment worth spending money on?

I currently am 5'7" 258lbs. I would like to try and lose 50 1bs by June.

@AutumnVerlot was kind enough to send a few exercises for my back.

Hope all you have a Happy and Safe New Year and I wish you ladies much success and prosperity in the New Year

destinistarr and Old Nick like this.
  2. Lunch Buffett
    Chat with Me

Lunch Buffett Well-Known Member

Hi Grizzly,
    I would recommend reading the book "Atomic Habits" by James Clear. Revising your habits can help you move in the direction you want. If you commit to a 1% improvement daily, after a year you'll see an overall improvement of 36%.

In general, I think body weight is determined 70% by eating habits and the other 30% is influenced by exercise.

I've seen Autumn Verlot's Youtube channel and I'm amazed at the high intensity workout she does!

Anyway, have a very successful New Year!

grizzly likes this.
  3. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

I wish I could. I’m trying to drop some weight myself, and might have to go the SonoBello route. The thing is due to past traumas, I’ve cut vegetables out of my diet. Unless they’re mixed into something else, I won’t touch them. The trauma comes from two alcoholic stepfathers that thought they were nutritionists and everything I did affected them somehow. As a result, losing weight is a struggle. I’m plenty active, but it seems to make no difference. I wish I could drop weight.

4. I'm often asked diet and exercise tips. My advice is always, always, always....

CUT OUT THE SUGAR.

GO SUGAR FREE & WALK 30 MINUTES A DAY. (that's 15 minutes one way and 15 minutes back). Super easy.

Do that for 21 days and email me and tell me how fantastic you feel and then we can take it from there.......

5. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

joe carbols Well-Known Member

Hi there Awesome @Air Force Amy, it’s just been 13 days on your diet and I’ve dropped from 205# to 197#. Feel great but still wearing the boot til March 15. As in Ode the IDE’s of March

Luvya
    You favorite Ol’3Toed!!!!

6. He he. I know you are so good at following instructions. See how well that pays off!

grizzly likes this.
  7. AutumnVerlot
    Chat with Me

AutumnVerlot Nympho Next Door

I have to agree with Amy on this one. Cut out the refined sugars, not only does sugar create inflammation in the body, but sugar free foods/drinks are usually very low calorie, which helps with the caloric deficit. Keep your body moving for sure, even if its just stretching

BeaverFan, grizzly and Old Nick like this.
  8. GoddessTy
    Chat with Me

GoddessTy Sensual Dominatrix, Fire breathing dragon

I previously weighed 225lbs a several years ago, I went through a case of coke every few days. being stuck in a corporate office will do that to you.

• I dropped the sugar, started drinking a ton of water.
    • I replaced my soda habit with sparkling water.
    • When eating certain foods I choose one fat or the other, for example if you must have cheese or sour cream on your tacos, you have to decide which will be will taste best.
    • I stopped eating after 8pm
    • Lower your stress levels
    • Did some light walking, nothing crazy, no fads, no surgeries and it took about a year to come down naturally.
    • I've kept it off for about three years now. The biggest thing was getting rid of the sugary drinks. It was downhill from there but in a good way. :) hope this helps and good luck!

how I looked about four years ago
    IMG_4393.jpg

.......versus how I look now

IMG_8177 (1).jpg

9. Drink more water, smaller portions and instead of 2 or 3 big meals, you should eat smaller portions 4 or 5 times. This doesn't mean "grazing" constantly because that won't help either.
    Cleaner proteins like fish and chicken, avoid starches and heavy carbs.
    As for exercises, get an exercise ball you can sit on and get your leg and lower back strength to return. Simple exercises and slowly build up duration and repetitions.

Old Nick likes this.
  10. destinistarr
    Chat with Me

destinistarr Your Ultimate GFE Companionship

These are all great suggestions and tips.