Getting my geek on

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Old Nick, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

30723762-E99F-4916-9274-B063ADE6629F.jpeg

Falling Down was released 30 years ago today!

Easily Michael Douglas’s best performance!

2. oh man. I remember seeing about this movie on TV when it came out. Time sure flies.

Old Nick likes this.
  3. Here's a completely different kind of "geeking on":

https://www.desmos.com/calculator/lzyqndxf7v

It was made completely 100% by me. Future graphics designer for the NV brothels, lol

I could try making a gay equivalent too, "forthcumming" lol

redlotus and Old Nick like this.
  4. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I’m sad! When I’m able to afford this, it’s gone! Damn!

07FF5F95-ECCB-45B2-852B-F72CB2427993.jpeg

AngelWave and DevonDelancey like this.
  5. I read this as getting my "Greek" on

Old Nick likes this.
  6. now I'm in the mood for gyro sandwiches.

Addison and Old Nick like this.
  7. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

8EBB9434-E1C7-4AE8-A703-C05F1194240F.jpeg

Is WWE 2K14 still worth playing today? The last of the truly great WWE games, one that had the best creative suite ever, in my opinion, is still worth playing!

In case you’re wondering, Rey Mysterio signed my copy.

8. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

16A72BC1-7A03-4782-A1BD-75099316E950.jpeg

This one is tempting me.

Must…exercise…restraint!

I’m almost done paying my other countercades off!

DevonDelancey likes this.
  9. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I always wondered why there wasn’t a Beavis & Butt-head arcade game when we had console games with the two. Turns out Atari Games was working on one, but it was cancelled and there are only a few prototype cabinets out in the wild. I’d have played it.

10. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Movie review: Super Mario Bros

Anyone that says it’s horrible isn’t a fan of Mario, Nintendo, or video games in general. Admittedly, the movie is all fan service, but to a Nintendo nerd like me, that what makes it great!

The older Super Mario movie, which is actually a guilty pleasure of mine these days, was made with zero supervision from Nintendo. Hiroshi Yamauchi handed Light Motive the keys and said “Have fun.” The rest is history. Not wanting the same mistake to be made, Shigeru Miyamoto worked closely with the producer, and it shows.

I don’t want to give too much away, but the movie not only has a lot of Mario references, but several Nintendo references as well, mixed in with the animators’ own sense of humor. The Punch Out pizzeria was a great touch, and adding characters like Foreman Spike from Wrecking Crew totally worked. The cast was actually a great fit. Jack Black as Bowser was worth the price of admission alone!

Screw the critics! This movie was a lot of fun!

705D0825-69A2-4A90-8722-1BD58B631705.jpeg

AutumnVerlot likes this.
  11. AutumnVerlot
    Chat with Me

AutumnVerlot Nympho Next Door

I definitely want to see this movie!! I loved the old Super Mario movie, I cant find it anywhere!

Old Nick likes this.
  12. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Almost a year ago, I found the old Mario movie at Winco in a DVD bin they had. I grabbed it.

AutumnVerlot likes this.
  13. AutumnVerlot
    Chat with Me

AutumnVerlot Nympho Next Door

I miss winco I wish we had one here. But I definitely gotta find that movie

Old Nick likes this.
  14. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I just found it on Amazon. Only on DVD and VHS. No Blu-Ray sadly. This movie seems to be enjoying a resurgence though with the new movie having been released.

CE31DC3D-ACF4-4275-AECE-AE9E203BF2EC.jpeg

AngelWave likes this.
  15. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I can’t wait to play this! I have my copy reserved!

16. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

And yes, I ordered this Amiibo. Hmm…currently unavailable. Good thing I got my order in when I did.

C298FE5E-2E38-4FAC-8E16-C305EAAEFC25.jpeg

17. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I wish Hamster Corporation would put Pyros/Wardner on Arcade Archives.

31FC9B72-82CA-4BDF-A000-D37D6376A54E.jpeg

18. Canadian1987
    Chat with Me

Canadian1987 Well-Known Member

I want to see this bad but I've heard It's around 80 minutes and that a little short

Old Nick likes this.
  19. Canadian1987
    Chat with Me

Got mine pre ordered too, I get mine may 11 at 10 pm

Old Nick likes this.
  20. Canadian1987
    Chat with Me

Playing resident evil 4 remake, never played the original game.

The insignia key puzzle in chapter 2 has me stumped.

Old Nick likes this.
  21. Canadian1987
    Chat with Me

We found her, Autumn is the one fan.

I had heard the original super mario bros movie had a fan, I never never believed it, but it turns out the legends were true.

Old Nick likes this.
  22. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

It’s actually 90 minutes long, with a mid credit and post credit scene. And the animators packed a lot into those 90 minutes.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2024
  23. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I regard that movie as a guilty pleasure. I saw it in the theater when it was released.

24. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I picked this up at a swap meet last weekend. I wish I had someone to play it with.

IMG_2208.jpeg

25. AngelWave
    Chat with Me

AngelWave Luxury Entertainment

Underrated, people be hating but this is one of my favorite movies! I have the DVD too :cool:
    I really want to see the new Mario movie in 4DX! Who wants to take me?

Old Nick likes this.
  26. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I regret not picking up the action figures that came out.

IMG_2369.jpeg

AngelWave likes this.
  27. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Yesterday, I picked up Legend of Zelda: Tears Of The Kingdom. I pre-ordered this at GameStop, and we got a wooden plaque with the game. I ordered my Amiibo figure from Amazon and that’s coming later. They also had this shirt at GameStop, and I had to grab it, too.

IMG_2415.jpeg

28. Canadian1987
    Chat with Me

Got Tears of the kingdom on the 11th you wouldn't believe the line at game stop.

There were even people that worked there that were in line, I don't know why an employee would have to get in line, they work there you'd think they would have copies put aside.

Old Nick likes this.
  29. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

GameStop employees often get the short end of the stick. In my youth, I put in application after application for employment there because it would be right up my alley, but not one call back. I realize now it was for the best, though I bet it was a different company then.

I got into line at the right time. I was close to the door, behind a few groups. After waiting for a bit, my daughter sends me a text telling me she’s not feeling good and wants be to pick her up from school. Shit! I don’t wanna lose my place in line, so this place better open soon! I told her to sit tight, I’ll be there soon. Fortunately, I didn’t have to wait long, but they were having us go in one at a time. I got my game, and checked my daughter out of school.

30. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

This came today!

I thought I wouldn’t get it till July or August! But it came sooner than expected! I can’t wait to build it!

IMG_2435.jpeg

JerryVestal likes this.
  31. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

So I started on my Nintendo Entertainment System Lego set on Friday at my daughter’s suggestion. I worked on it through the weekend and finished the console, game cartridge, and controller with my daughter’s help on Sunday.

IMG_2439.jpeg IMG_2440.jpeg IMG_2441.jpeg IMG_2442.jpeg IMG_2443.jpeg IMG_2444.jpeg IMG_2445.jpeg IMG_2446.jpeg IMG_2447.jpeg

The last thing left to build is the TV.

IMG_2450.jpeg

I think I love these big Lego sets.

32. Canadian1987
    Chat with Me

Anyone catch the PlayStation showcase yesterday? ALOT of good games coming

Old Nick likes this.
  33. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I haven’t. I haven’t bought the last two PlayStation consoles.

34. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I’m actually excited about the AEW game. Since it’s being developed by Yuke’s, who developed awesome WWE games for four console generations, and published by THQ Nordic, which is THQ resurrected, it’s gotta be in good hands. I just hope the Switch version runs smooth. WWE 2K18 on the Switch was a nightmare!

Plus, having shades of WWF No Mercy is very welcome!

Last edited: May 26, 2023
  35. HannahFoxx
    Chat with Me

HannahFoxx Luxury Companion at Bunny Ranch

That's awesome that you have a passion for gaming and collecting geeky items! It's great to see someone enthusiastic about their hobbies and interests. Your WCW/nWo Revenge game holds a special memory with the signature from Raven, even though he had mixed feelings about WCW. The repro of Sweet Home sounds like a unique addition to your collection, especially considering its influence on the Resident Evil series. It's impressive that you've held onto your Double Dragon game since you were 13, and it still works! The Saw franchise game might not be the best, but it's nice to have something that connects with someone you know. And stumbling upon a Pac-Man board game, even with one missing marble, is a fantastic find.

Being a nerd or having nerdy interests is nothing to be ashamed of. Embracing and celebrating what you love is a wonderful thing. It's always exciting to see others share their collections and experiences, so feel free to continue posting more pictures. Enjoy your hobbies and keep being passionate about what you love!

Lunch Buffett, AngelWave and Old Nick like this.