Buy Local! Support Small Businesses!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RoxyGold, Nov 1, 2019.

1. I’m a big supporter of buying local, and of mom and pop shops. Give your shout outs to your favorites on this thread! Where would you tell me to visit if I passed through your town? :)

2. Lunch Buffett
    Chat with Me

Lunch Buffett Well-Known Member

I like to go to the Scoop N Dough. They serve a scoop of ice cream on top of a scoop of edible cookie dough. I can only go there once a year or else my tryglycerides go to dangerously high levels.

3. Villa Basque Cafe

730 Basque Way
    Carson City, NV 89706

My absolute favorite breakfast and lunch place! The best chorizo I have ever had, and their country gravy is to die for. :)

4. origlegman
    Chat with Me

origlegman Well-Known Member

;)[smilie=hi ya!.gif]I’m a big fan of this restaurant too Roxy, great food. [smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=be mine!.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

5. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

The Heavy Metal Shop in Salt Lake is a great place for T-shirts, stickers, posters, and music. The owner is an awesome guy.

6. Jim DiGriz
    Chat with Me

Jim DiGriz Well-Known Member

I was in Carson City last month and went to Mom & Pop's Diner off of Carson St. There's the comfort food you'd expect, but also novelty dishes like the Vegetarian Rice Bowl - definitely prepared fresh.

DaniellaValenti likes this.
  7. It’s on the CA side so eliminates an outdate but Fat Cat Bar n Grill in Tahoe City (there's one in Reno but this is the one I know)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  8. I love shopping off of Etsy too (you can search for sellers in your area), I find that most of their stuff for sale is high quality and hand made.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

9. The only thing I don’t like is that they’re closed on Sunday, lol :)

Old Nick likes this.
  10. I like "The Purple Avocado" for small and sincere gifts. Downtown Carson City.

origlegman likes this.
  11. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Lots of local businesses are. There was a store in North Carolina that was closed Sunday and Monday.

12. origlegman
    Chat with Me

origlegman Well-Known Member

;)[smilie=heart fill with love.gif]Hahaha, I agree! [smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=be mine!.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

13. It’s not something I’m accustomed to, being originally from a very large city. :)

Old Nick likes this.
  14. Panda Kitchen

1986 US-50
    Carson City, 89701

My favorite for Chinese food! Better than Ming’s! Tasty, big portions, and now they offer delivery as well as party trays! :)

RunningSquirrel and auron79 like this.
  15. auron79
    Chat with Me

auron79 Well-Known Member

Bobby J's Old Fashioned Hamburgers
    13247 Bandera Rd
    Helotes, TX 78023

I've always enjoyed going this burger joint. They even have a Godzilla 5 pound burger.

16. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

B2EAA4A9-0D36-4807-9B13-298FDA97A1E9.png

The Heavy Metal Shop, downtown Salt Lake. Awesome little shop! The owner, Kevin, is an awesome guy!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  17. Do they put your picture on the wall if you finish it? :)

auron79 likes this.
  18. This place looks really cool! :)

Old Nick likes this.
  19. This sounds yummy! Do they make all the ice cream fresh every morning? :)

20. auron79
    Chat with Me

auron79 Well-Known Member

Yes I believe they do. I need to go back again soon. :)

21. Get your picture on the wall and make us proud! :)

auron79 likes this.
  22. Junkee Clothing Exchange and Antiques

960 South Virginia Street
    Reno, Nevada 89502

The COOLEST store around! Vintage clothing, antique furniture, eclectic trinkets, and a great vibe from the staff. I heard they are opening a location in New Orleans soon as well! :)

origlegman and RunningSquirrel like this.
  23. It’s Small Business Saturday! Show some love! :)

24. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

I live in an area which in recent years, has become a magnet for small businesses. It's a nice mix as they replace the older, small mom and pops that were there before, but have to close down due to retirements or no successors/buyers.

Two places, in fact, grew out from food trucks to become brick and mortar stores. A gelato place called Via Gelato, and a coffee place called The Curb.

25. TiredFrog
    Chat with Me

TiredFrog Well-Known Member

There are so many unique little stores around here that I wouldn't know where to begin with suggestions for you, it would all depend on what you're looking for. I so agree with the local shopping idea, even my online shopping is all done with businesses that are locally owned!

RunningSquirrel likes this.
  26. randyryder
    Chat with Me

randyryder Pure heart with a dirty mind!

This is so cool Roxy! Great way to spread the word and find some new places when you are out and about!

-Pure heart with a dirty mind,
    Randy Ryder

27. Hmmm... where would be a must for dinner? :)

28. Thanks Randy! It feels good to spread some love for our awesome community! :)

29. randyryder
    Chat with Me

randyryder Pure heart with a dirty mind!

You are doing a great job!

-Pure heart with a dirty mind,
    Randy Ryder

30. TiredFrog
    Chat with Me

TiredFrog Well-Known Member

For all around good American cuisine it would have to be the Cabbage Patch in the city of Snohomish. A Victorian home renovated to be a very nice place to eat, otherwise there are SO many wineries around here with tasting rooms that have good food of all different types, a person never runs out of places to try