Your ranch superstition story/experience

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adventure Guy, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Adventure Guy
    Chat with Me

Adventure Guy Well-Known Member

Looking forward to it Roxy! :)

2. So am I! I’m looking forward to when our paths can cross again :)

3. I used to subscribe to the superstition to put change found on the floor on the top ledge of the door to your brothel room to attract money.

One day I was so frustrated that I slammed my door and all the change rained down, "aaaaaahhh the money, I see!!!" I said to myself, and I quit collecting the change . :p:p:p:p

Pizza Man and ROADRUNNER J like this.
  4. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

AlexaWu Well-Known Member

What is the red rose superstition?

Jessie Summers likes this.
  5. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Didn't know this was superstitious! I love how the ladies help each other, it's a nice sign of friendship. :)

6. The superstition is that it is bad luck to receive red roses. I personally think that superstition was made up by some gals jealous of other gals getting red roses. I do not subscribe to this superstition. :D

Pizza Man and AlexaWu like this.
  7. They are considered by some of the girls to be 'bad luck', it plays off of the idea of red roses indicating love, and the girls not necessarily wanting their clients to give gifts indicative of 'falling in love' with them

AlexaWu likes this.
  8. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

@Jessie Summers @Air Force Amy thank you both for teaching me something [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

Jessie Summers likes this.
  9. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

Last year when I went to Sagebrush, I did notice some coins on the floor. Knowing what I do, I left them alone.

Pizza Man likes this.
  10. Pizza Man
    Chat with Me

Pizza Man Well-Known Member

On my last visit I did leave "money on the floor" at both Kit Kat and Sage. Interesting to note at KK the ladies just threw them on the carpet in the hallway to their rooms while the Sage ladies had a more organized pile by the front door.

All the ladies were VERY appreciative of my generosity.

When @Air Force Amy gave me a tour of BR I asked her about paranormal activity since these buildings are pretty old. I don't think she really believes in that stuff but I do and have seen things elsewhere that I cannot explain. BOO!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    AlexaWu likes this.
  11. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Have you experienced any paranormal activity in one of the ranches? Would be interesting to hear since it's so unknown.. mystery!

Pizza Man likes this.
  12. Pizza Man
    Chat with Me

Pizza Man Well-Known Member

Oh when I say "other places" I mean back here in SoCal. Two times something happened to me that I cannot explain. Once on an indie movie shoot in a decrepit and old warehouse I was walking from the set to the holding area which is a room or area you hang out in so they can find you easily.

As I went thru an unused area I whipped my video camera out in this almost dark room. I was standing near a wall and actually said "If there's anyone here show yourself" and about 2 seconds later I see this "white orb" which you could confuse it as being a dust particle come from the base of the wall and then corkscrew up towards my camera. I kinda freaked and ran outta that room.

Another time I was driving home about 12am. As I approached an intersection suddenly this white outlined "hollow figure" start to move rapidly across the crosswalk into my path like it was running. Strangely this figure wasn't solid but more like strobing into place. The moment I crossed over that crosswalk I suddenly felt "depressed and sad" like when someone has died. I never change emotions like that so fast.

Oh one thing that was rather interesting in Carson City was that old Sassafras Diner next to the hot springs. I was taking pictures of the empty stage before I left. Upon reviewing them later there was a pale "white haze" at the bottom of my pix. Very strange indeed.

AlexaWu likes this.
  13. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Those experiences would make me a firm believer! I'll keep telling myself spirits are all friendly :) The corkscrew directed your way sounds really scary.

Pizza Man likes this.
  14. During the staycation and not wearing high heeled sandals, my lucky socks have gotten a lot more use :)

RunningSquirrel and AlexaWu like this.