Habits with Roxy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RoxyGold, Mar 26, 2019.

1. I’ve seen the same movies or read the same books hundreds of times. It can be a bit trickier to pick up something new when I have so many old favorites :)

Old Nick and Brandon E Bolhuis like this.
  2. What's a cool treat are the "Easter Eggs" they'll imbed into DVDs/Blu-Rays (e.g., like the "secret" menu at In & Out) or, especially in classic movies, when filmmakers, with a censorship board keeping watch (the Production Code of the mid 1930s), would create subtle (or not-so-subtle) hints that were actually powerful: Alfred Hitchcock was especially good at this, as with the ending of "North by Northwest," with a big, long train plunging into a deep tunnel, lol.

3. randyryder
    Chat with Me

randyryder Pure heart with a dirty mind!

I’m the same way!

-Pure heart with a dirty mind,
    Randy Ryder

4. I chew my nails too; have the hardest time stopping but I also have an oral fiaxation. Quit smoking but still vape, and I’m a certified destroyer of pencils, pens, and pen caps!

It translates pretty well to the bedroom.

5. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. I’m the same way.

6. Randy Ryder that is me all the way lol. And that has so much truth to it.

7. Doesn’t it though? ;) And nail chewers have strong immune systems too :)

MrJoeyGlen likes this.
  8. I remember the “special features” being one of the big reasons to buy DVDs when you already owned a movie on VHS. :)

RunningSquirrel likes this.
  9. randyryder
    Chat with Me

randyryder Pure heart with a dirty mind!

Hehe!

Sounds like you are a efficient man!!

-Pure heart with a dirty mind,
    Randy Ryder

10. i have an oral fixation ;) and it's not like what your talking about, though.

11. I have an oral fixation lol I love to give that to the ladies. How do you get those dam emoji.

12. i get them by just typing the corresponding emoticon ... in this case, a semi-colon and right parenthesis.

13. I like rereading books or rewatching films, because if it's a favorite I don't get tired of it, and I know it's something I like to revisit.

When I watch or read sonething new, there had better be something to intrigue me pretty quick or I lose interest.

Brandon E Bolhuis likes this.
  14. i rewatch Top Gun and Chuck all the time.

15. Drinking enough water is a good habit that I’m working on :)

16. Was watching a “nutrition” segment on local news re: “eating your water;” i.e., getting your daily H2O requirements through fruit and veggies .
    But, for some reason, I have a yearning for CheezIts at the moment.

17. So how much water would be in a bag of grapes? Or an orange? I’m curious! :)

18. Googled an extensive step-by-step science project where it was determined an orange can contain 80% water (after initially deducing it at 50%, which is what you'd more likely end up with, anyway). Grapes were determined as having the same amount. Good question, Miz Rox, in case you don't have a bottle of water but happen to have an apple or a nectarine.

19. Perseus
    Chat with Me

Perseus Well-Known Member

CheezIts @RunningSquirrel ? I would have thought cheese covered peanuts would come first. Looks like @RoxyGold found a flight where they still give out peanuts:

RSRG-3.png

20. Of all the reasons to be kicked off a plane, this one ain’t so bad :)

Perseus and RunningSquirrel like this.
  21. I switched from cigs to vape! And feel pretty damn good since I did! :)

StevenL and RunningSquirrel like this.
  22. StevenL
    Chat with Me

StevenL Well-Known Member

Me too! Time for a visit for sure :)

23. You realize what they put in those vapes?
    I'm an FDA chemist trust me you're better off quitting smoking than vaping. Remember the tobacco manufacturers lied for years and the vape makers are pushing the limits of misrepresentation.
    Just looking out for you.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2019
  24. Thanks for looking out, @Sharky, I appreciate you!

And yes, I did a lot of research on vapes to find which one (if any) was right for me. They’ve still got chemicals, but after being a 1-2 pack a day smoker for a couple of decades it’s a damn big shift.

Much love :)

Built tough and Sharky like this.
  25. StevenL
    Chat with Me

StevenL Well-Known Member

Whats worked for me was finding a vape juice that was very close in taste and "Throat hit" of what I smoked (Ultra Light menthols). I actually now make my own juice...really simple to do and it very quickly pays for the costs. I also know exactly what goes in mine :)

26. I just gots me a juicer, and I can drink way more celery than I can eat hehe :)

Sharky and RunningSquirrel like this.
  27. Congratulations, Miz @RoxyGold ... am picturing Juicing Events at the Sage or, uh, well, you know... :)

28. Uh, yeah... heh heh heh... sure do... heh heh heh :)

29. First Vaping, now you're juicing?! It's like I don't know you anymore. ;)

30. JadeMonroe
    Chat with Me

JadeMonroe Well-Known Member

:D 1023545E-A09B-4685-B174-E08D810FB4A9.jpeg Always needing to use the restroom, lol.:D

StevenL and RunningSquirrel like this.
  31. It’s like there’s TWO of me now... like an alter ego... ;)

32. Jim DiGriz
    Chat with Me

Jim DiGriz Well-Known Member

I like to take ordinary events and put them in lyric form. For example:

Her name is Roxy Gold
    and she likes to vape​
    , instead of cigarettes
    - this was her escape.
    She has an oral habit
    both for wit and eating​
    Getting in those veggies
    is a goal she's meeting.​

33. I love this, thank you! Poetry in motion :)

34. Whatever happened to Anastasia Beaverhousen (from the House of Beavers)? :)

35. Now that you mention it, I haven’t seen an Aston Martin in the parking lot for a while... ;)