Your list of good movies to watch during the pandemic....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JerryVestal, Feb 18, 2021.

1. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

Let's all give a ongoing list of good movies to watch during this pandemic.

Here is a good couple movies to give you hope. Both are from Pureflix.com , If you still have my access to it, you can watch for free on my dime. If not, let me know I'll provide it for you.
    "Do You Believe" and "I Am Gabriel"

RunningSquirrel likes this.
  2. Jim DiGriz
    Chat with Me

Jim DiGriz Well-Known Member

If you're looking for wholesome movies, there's Invincible which is about Vince Papale in the NFL. The most risque it gets is when it's heavily implied that two characters have sex without being married. You don't see or hear anything, it's just implied.

JerryVestal and RunningSquirrel like this.
  3. BigAlbowski
    Chat with Me

BigAlbowski Well-Known Member

The Peanut Butter Falcon
    upload_2021-2-19_11-7-18.png

4. Jim DiGriz
    Chat with Me

Sigh - I'm stuck inside because of the cold, but now I'm hungry for peanut butter and adventure!

BigAlbowski likes this.
  5. Starring Shia LaBeouf...that was a good one!

Another one on AmazonPrime that I enjoyed recently is Wildlike with Bruce Greenwood

BigAlbowski likes this.
  6. Lunch Buffett
    Chat with Me

Lunch Buffett Well-Known Member

I like watching these classic movies:

The Andromeda Strain
    Pandemic
    Virus
    Outbreak
    Carriers
    Aliens

JerryVestal likes this.
  7. BigAlbowski
    Chat with Me

Also been catching up on old Hammer Horror films with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing... Just watched Horror Express.... Costarring Telly Savalas

JerryVestal likes this.
  8. Jim DiGriz
    Chat with Me

This reminded me of one of my "bargain bin" movies. I don't know if you can stream this movie, but my Trio Of Terror DVD has Nosferatu from 1922. 50 years before CGI (maybe more like 60) and it's so good at setting up that creepy atmosphere.

JerryVestal and BigAlbowski like this.
  9. Mikejt
    Chat with Me

Mikejt Well-Known Member

I have been watching a lot more Comedies. Ted and Ted2 are two of my favorites.

10. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

I’ve been binge watching MASH. I like that show.

JerryVestal and RunningSquirrel like this.
  11. Jim DiGriz
    Chat with Me

I haven't watched this show in > 20 years, but my favorite was "Fallen Idol".

Old Nick likes this.
  12. Davefem
    Chat with Me

Davefem Active Member

The Philadelphia Story
    The Holcroft Covenant
    To Hell and Back
    Strategic Air Command
    Destination Tokyo
    Atlas Shrugged Part 1 and Part 2
    The Fountainhead

13. Okay, it's a silly kid's movie but Flora & Ulysses on Disney Plus is entertaining...and it does feature a squirrel, so there ya go :)

JerryVestal likes this.
  14. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I watched the RoboCop trilogy. Can’t go wrong with a classic.

RunningSquirrel and JerryVestal like this.
  15. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

@Old Nick I know with you all the Friday The 13th movies would be on your list as well as mine! :)

Old Nick likes this.
  16. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Indeed. Sadly, they’re not on Hulu anymore...last time I looked. Prime Video, maybe. Got the Friday the 13th game, as well.

JerryVestal likes this.
  17. Jim DiGriz
    Chat with Me

I liked the first couple of Friday the 13th movies because they were legitimately scary. But after that it became Jason is unstoppable and he can teleport anywhere he wants, so what's the point?

But there's also Friday the 13th - Killer Cut which is scary again because Jason doesn't have any powers - he's just very fit and skilled.

And . . . he . . . runs.

Jason X (Jason in space) is also good not because it's scary (it's not), but because it merges sci-fi and horror in an interesting way and because it has the best opening sequence in the series, bar none.

JerryVestal and Old Nick like this.
  18. BigAlbowski
    Chat with Me

upload_2021-2-25_9-42-12.png
    Watched "Shadow in the Cloud" yesterday... Great WWII Era action (major suspension of belief needed :D) and suspense... Also a HEAVILY feminist theme... The main character is female and men come off very hostile and misogynistic and she is almost superwoman... :eek:... But ultimately I enjoyed it for the adventure and monster action!

19. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I used to have all the movies. Not anymore.

In Part 5, it wasn’t Jason. It was a copycat.

What’s your opinion on Freddy vs Jason?

20. Jim DiGriz
    Chat with Me

It depends on what you want to get out of it. Pros:. Great Freddy vs Jason battles (more than one!) and many scenes where Freddy & Jason do what they're good at in the way they're good at it. Cons:. Many scenes with terrible CGI - so bad I got pulled out of the movie. And sometimes the characters knew things they never would've known, like Freddy was using Jason to cause fear to make himself stronger.