What is you’re favorite book

Discussion in 'Games' started by YvonneRoss, May 31, 2018.

1. ColinSTL
    Chat with Me

ColinSTL Well-Known Member

My top three are sports-oriented books:

Bleachers by John Grisham (A local high school football hero returns home and tries to come to grips with his relationship with his demanding coach, who's dying, and a career that was taken away from him because of injury), Instant Replay: The Green Bay Diary of Jerry Kramer (The Hall-of-Fame guard of the Packers describes the famous 1967 championship season and his stories of Vince Lombardi and the Packer dynasty of the 60s), and A Season on the Brink: A Year with Bob Knight and the Indiana Hoosiers (a close-up, first-hand account of the 1985-86 basketball season with Indiana and its controversial coach at the time).

2. Natasha Star
    Chat with Me

Natasha Star Starlet of the Year! I put passion in compassion

I just realized I only mentioned my favorite fiction books before, but this thread is for all books.
    My other fave is a historical text and Nobel Prize winner about life under soviet communism, called The Gulag Archipelago.
    This is an amazing text about government abuse of power, political prisoners, the nature of freedom, etc.
    [​IMG]
    One of my favorite quotes from the book:
    “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

Seriously, just ponder that for a moment. These are the echoing voices of history.

3. The hatchet
    Not my fav but I’m reading that now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Dear G-Spot: Straight Talk About Sex and Love.

By zane

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. The Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris :)

6. The Harry Dresden novels by Jim Butcher :)

7. Have A Nice Day - by Mick Foley

It's not my absolute favorite, but it's extremely well written and provides a detailed behind the scenes look at a fascinating profession that had previously been very secretive

8. Jurassic Park ;):)[smilie=happy.gif]

9. EllieAmes
    Chat with Me

EllieAmes Sinfully Delicious

I really love all of sista souljah books

10. BrooklynBale
    Chat with Me

BrooklynBale The Buckle Bunny Who Actually Rides!!

You Don’t Want to Know by Lisa Jackson

11. RemyMartin
    Chat with Me

RemyMartin Cum get a sip!!!!

Devil in the White City Unknown-1.jpeg

12. Slaughterhouse Five
    ………………………………………………………….

upload_2023-12-21_4-49-0.jpeg

13. Atonement :oops::oops::oops:

upload_2023-12-27_20-22-14.jpeg

14. Invitation to a Beheading by Vladimir Nabokov

15. My favorite book is The Millionaire Next Door

it’s a self help book to be more fiscally conscious.

16. AshtonGray
    Chat with Me

AshtonGray Ms Ashton Gray - Legal Luxury Compainion

Sadly I haven't been reading as much as I use to when I was younger, but I have always loved reading books that get my adrenalen going- suspense, horror, and supernatural type stuff. I grew up reading goosebumps as a child and moved into Stephen King and Dean Koonz(sp) into adulthood. I watch more movies now than books and usual opt for scary sy-fi, apocalyptic, zombie, ect. The only time I turn down a good good or movie is when it gets too gory- not into guts and blood. I do read a lot of self improvement, health, and cook books, watch TED talks, and documentaries on nextflix/ prime.

17. 50 Shades of Grey

The book is way better than the movie !!! I was in high school when I first received the book as a gift from a family member and my mom was PISSED!! The family member who bought it for me didn’t know what the book was about or how explicit it was. My mom freaked when she discovered I had been reading it. lol
    :p:p

18. OliviaGreen
    Chat with Me

OliviaGreen Luxury Courtesan

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman - a fictional story about Underground London