Nonsexual guilty pleasure

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Delilah Rae, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

Delilah Rae Where secret desires become realities

Is it a boy band? Is it a kids movie? Is it a weird food? What's your nonsexual guilty pleasure.

I'll go first- any and all Scooby Doo. The live action movie, the kids movies from when I was little, pretty much all of the animated series ever made. So far I've done cosplay or costumes of Velma and Daphne and have some really fun ideas prepped for Shaggy and Scooby.

Yes you may feel free to chuckle at me to yourself :)

What's your silly nonsexual favorite thing?

2. Just making it an 80s night every once in awhile...go grab the cds of my youth and rock out

3. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

Looney Tunes in general, Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote in particular. When I was younger, my friends and I always wondered how the Coyote could afford all of those ACME products and wished we had his credit line.

The current theory now is that the Coyote is ACME's beta tester. And the way Amazon is stepping up its delivery game, ACME's instant delivery now has some serious competition!

Madscience and Jessie Summers like this.
  4. Velma_Dinkley.png

My goodness Miz @Delilah Rae , you’d be an amazing Velma in that orange turtleneck ... Especially in the past year, I’ve entertained myself creating a ridiculous number of Spotify playlists, mostly reflecting my long-gone days of misspent youth, ripping a few CDs from them through the lost art of burning, designing labels, package designs, even creating the little booklets (if anyone remembers those Rhino Records retro releases of the '90s) and sent them as gifts to like-minded friends. Ian Dury's Sex and Drugs and Rock n' Roll, anyone? :)

5. From when I was a kid to early 2020 my guilty pleasure has been various Magical Girl Series shows. Winx Club is my longest lasting GP, I've been into it since it first released in 2004. My username here is based on that show and I even have a tattoo of my favorite winx girl, Aisha, on my left shoulder. I'm also into Star Darlings and I have a tattoo of Vega (who represents my zodiac sign Virgo) on the other shoulder.

6. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

I love that theory. That is brilliant. Space Jam is also very high on my guilty pleasure list. I think why these shows last the test of time is that they were made for kids but with the adults that watch the kids that watch the shows in mind.

7. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

You can't go wrong there. My dad was helping me with a home improvement project a few years back and was impressed at how much of his 80's hair band playlist I sang along too.

RunningSquirrel likes this.
  8. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

If I am in my house my music is on. I remember being a kid with my first cell phone and telling everyone in the car to shut up so I could record the song from the radio to be my ring tone. We didn't have this thing called youtube back then. When my hs boyfriend brought over a USB drive of a ton of rock music for me I thought we really hit peak technology lol

9. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

That's awesome! Those shows have such great messages and humor. I actually had a friend tell me to watch Winx Club! Now that multiple people are praising it to me I guess I have to add it to my crafting show list.

TurboEnchantix likes this.
  10. Lunch Buffett
    Chat with Me

Lunch Buffett Well-Known Member

Everyday I eat garlic stuffed olives. I have a case of it in my pantry. When everyone else was hoarding silly things like toilet paper, I was loading my cart with the olives. :rolleyes:

11. gLip5
    Chat with Me

gLip5 Well-Known Member

ok, mine has a little story to it, but my guilty pleasure is (trying) to sing *NSYNC or Backstreet Boys songs. My cousin when she was younger kept telling all of her friends that I was one of the guys from *NSYNC, and would actually get upset when people told her that I wasn't. So to cheer her up, I would actually try to sing her songs to cheer her up. And it kinda stuck with me.

Built tough and RunningSquirrel like this.
  12. kevinz0071
    Chat with Me

kevinz0071 Well-Known Member

Temptation island, Jersey Shore (What's up Snooki lol), Netflix Currently watching Narcos Mexico

13. Lindt truffles at just the right temp where the inside is molten but the outside is just cold enough that it won’t deform.

14. BigAlbowski
    Chat with Me

BigAlbowski Well-Known Member

The music of Rick Springfield
    I still play Angry Birds
    Bigfoot films

15. Jim DiGriz
    Chat with Me

Jim DiGriz Well-Known Member

I don't eat beef or pork because of what they do to the animals - it's a personal choice. But I love hot dogs - the contradiction is apparent. I found a place that sells veggie hot dogs a few miles away so every once in a while I'll pay way more than I would for a regular hot dog (hence the guilt). And then I'll watch them layer on the condiments:

A dusting of celery salt
    A delicate trail of mustard
    Just the right amount of onion
    A vibrant, healthy pickle spear
    Chopped tomatoes so colorful they look like they were just picked
    And then I'll ask for ketchup
    And I'll throw it in the parking lot
    To watch it get run over by a car
    Which is better than it deserves
    So good!

16. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

I’m told I’m too old to enjoy games like Mario and Zelda, but I grew up with them. Especially the Zelda games. But I also love creating levels and worlds in Super Mario Maker 2. That gets my game designer wheels going.

964110F0-A85B-474D-9E62-D974454DA401.jpeg 77DA273E-94EC-4B93-BD32-2ABC7011A13F.jpeg

Lunch Buffett likes this.
  17. Mine would be bourbon, playing video games like witcher, total war and stuff or working out...nothing feels better than playing video games while having a bourbon after a good workout!

18. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

@JayJayJay Real talk- the main drag of carson and the little park by the state house has a TON of poke stops. When I've driven from MN to NV I make a point to stop at the BR gym to take it over. Also my favorite cafe in Carson has this amazing chilled green tea with lavendar and you can hit like 3 stops from there so I'll take a book, go get a tea and spin poke stops for a bit.

Built tough likes this.
  19. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

That is because olives are the best. I like your priorities.

Lunch Buffett likes this.
  20. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

I can 100% see you doing this. It's adorable and I love it and I scream like a preteen and start grooving whenever Bye Bye Bye comes on.

21. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

dude everyone loves a reality tv marathon- I have a friend who works in government- she is ADDICTED to Keeping Up with the Kardashians and was UPSET when the show was canceled.

22. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

Okay @Madscience you can't say this and not tell us how to get to that perfect temp. It's just rude, people (me) are desperate to know. In fact people (me) might even beg to know.

23. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

Angry birds! I haven't thought of that in years! Springfield is always fantastic too. I'm a huge horror movie wuss so I haven't watched any but I am from MN so we have some pretty fun Bigfoot lessons... I mean legends ;)

BigAlbowski likes this.
  24. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

HAHAHAHAHA This made me laugh so hard once I read to the end. Thank you for the morning giggle

25. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

wait a hot second real quick. THERE'S A GAME WHERE I CAN DESIGN MARIO LEVELS!

Old Nick and Built tough like this.
  26. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

"Toss a coin to your witcher o' valley of pleanty o' valley of pleanty, toss a coin to your witcher friend of humanity" Some of my fav youtube artists do AMAZING covers of the songs from the witcher. What kind of working out do you like?

Built tough likes this.
  27. Looney Tunes is a good one! A couple of years ago, I began to DVR Looney Tunes, which I find repeat ALL THE TIME, but every once in awhile, I'll still watch, enjoy, and laugh. Mel Blanc was a genius!

Favorite characters are Yosemite Sam and Taz :)

Delilah Rae and Built tough like this.
  28. Remember that when these cartoons first came out, before television, they were part of the pre-movie theatre package that also included Movietone Newsreels, so it was an adult audience these animators had in mind. They'd inject a lot of sly humor that a child wouldn't normally appreciate.

My personal favorite era were the beautifully-crafted B/W Popeye cartoons produced by Fleischer Studios in the early '3os, especially one with Olive Oyl sleepwalking, while she negotiated perilously across the city (to the tune of Have You ever seen a Dream Walking, which was a big hit at the time, and revived for the Tom Hanks movie, "The Green Mile," seven decades later). There was a scene where, clad in a nightgown, she passes in front of a full moon, with her body briefly silhouetted (so not sure if this falls under your category of "Non-Sexual Guilty Pleasure," lol).
    oliveoyl.png
    Also great were zany, hyper-paced Tex Avery cartoons of the '40s-'50s (classic Bugs, Daffy and Elmer, Screwy Squirrel, Droopy Dog, Tom and Jerry at their most anarchic and violent, which created a fuss in the '60s with parents' groups, when they began showing up during kids' TV viewing hours)

29. I love that show! Always play it while playing the game.

I do weights and high intensity intervals (running) get a nice runner's high. My weights are in stations and I do a certain amount of reps on each station in a certain amount of time. A pain in the ass

30. KikiLover
    Chat with Me

KikiLover ♛ Middle Eastern Princess ♛

My non-sexual guilty pleasure would probably be shopping, I mean over doing it for things I don’t even need.. but it makes me feel good at the time hehe :p

31. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

this is my favorite cover of "toss a coin to your witcher". Let me knwo what you think! I can listen to her for hours.

I typically am a jogger/runner. My average 5k time is around 30mins. I'm actually starting to retrain for one.

32. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

I was scrolling through memes the other day and one compared bugs bunny to a tickter god who traps you in social nicety. I giggled for a solid several seconds lol

33. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

One of these days we have to go shopping together. Take a day off, get lunch and just have fun!

KikiLover likes this.
  34. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

Some of my levels were featured on two YouTube videos that I’m aware of.

Built tough likes this.
  35. Arthur Dent
    Chat with Me

Arthur Dent Well-Known Member

Mine is The Great British Baking Show.

Built tough likes this.