My transformation/fitness journey

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kmerrill, Mar 7, 2020.

1. kmerrill
    Chat with Me

kmerrill Well-Known Member

Long story short, I've been battling depression and social anxiety for six years now, and a fire has finally sparked in me to destroy it. For 28 days now, I've been eating healthier mainly by mixing protein and carbs in most meals courtesy of guidance of a nutritionist. The weekly menu isn't perfect and still needs work before I'm 100% satisfied with it.

In the meantime, I've already lost 10 pounds and just upgraded my gym workout from a 3-day regimen to five days. I've also only had one or two stress-eating urges during this time, which is a massive upgrade from before changing my eating habits. My diet is far from perfect and is still a work in progress but my portion size control is currently steady. I've finally cut out white bread for rye, fried foods, and my guiltiest pleasure, ice cream for Yasso greek yogurt bars. These (and feta cheese) are my new loves! They are packed with 5g of protein without the guilt! Mental health, in the words of Ivan Drago, "I must break you."

Kmoe2244, Old Nick, Pizza Man and 3 others like this.
  2. AutumnVerlot
    Chat with Me

AutumnVerlot Nympho Next Door

Thats awesome!!!!!! If you need help with any of that, let me know!!

kmerrill likes this.
  3. kmerrill
    Chat with Me

Thanks, Autumn! [smilie=happy.gif]

4. Kmerrill,

The longest journey starts with the first step. Don’t give up, you can do this. Use a wonderful trip to the ranches as added motivation. Getting in the arms of any of these beauties, starting with Autumn, would be therapeutic and a wonderful reward for your hard work. Best of luck!

kmerrill likes this.
  5. kmerrill
    Chat with Me

Thanks, dude! I've been meaning to do this for two years now. There's no way I'm stopping now! I can't wait for the ladies to see my slimmer self when I'm free to come down. ;)

AlexaWu likes this.
  6. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

AlexaWu Well-Known Member

Good job on your journey and keep up the great work! [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

joe carbols, Hiker dude and kmerrill like this.
  7. kmerrill
    Chat with Me

Thank you! [smilie=hi ya!.gif]

Hiker dude likes this.
  8. Keep it up you’re doing great! :)

Hiker dude and kmerrill like this.
  9. kmerrill
    Chat with Me

Thanks, Rox! [smilie=happy.gif]

10. kmerrill
    Chat with Me

Go figure, the week after I start my new 5-day regimen, my gym shuts down. :rolleyes: Despite being closed, I'll continue to eat healthily. I know it's for the best, but it's so frustrating! (I feel fine BTW, and am up to day 37 of my transformation.) This drunken-titled virus will not derail my focus!

Kmoe2244 and Hiker dude like this.
  11. Keep it up dude! We all will get through this mess and come out stronger!

kmerrill likes this.
  12. kmerrill
    Chat with Me

No virus is going to stop me! I'm on day 43. [smilie=happy.gif]

joe carbols likes this.
  13. P90X is a great at-home workout! :)

kmerrill likes this.

14. GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

I AM SO SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!

I am of the strongest conviction that diet and exercise can cure the gnarliest of conditions. You are more living proof of that. Thank you!!

kmerrill and joe carbols like this.
  15. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

joe carbols Well-Known Member

Great job @kmerrill on the diet change and weight loss.

Awesome @Air Force Amy is 110% correct that the proper diet and exercise ( even if it is only walking 10,000 steps a day) help in weight loss and better living. While a herbivore diet is not for everyone, under the direction of a world renown doctor at the Cleveland Clinic along with his Nutritionist I have moved to a Mediterranean diet and doing well. I’m having chicken Parmesan with pasta tonight made from chick peas. Very high in protein. Of course the meal starts with a fresh crisp wedge salad with home made dressing from high probiotic Greek yogurt!

Continue success on your new healthy life styles. My fitness club is closed but will reopen May 1st.

kmerrill likes this.
  16. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

AlexaWu Well-Known Member

Keep up the great work @kmerrill !

You're motivating me just by reading this :)

kmerrill likes this.
  17. kmerrill
    Chat with Me

Thank you for the support, Amy! [smilie=happy.gif]

18. kmerrill
    Chat with Me

Thanks, Joe. Mine is closed too and I have no work out equipment at home, so I'm just eating good and chillin' for now.

19. kmerrill
    Chat with Me

Oh, shucks! Thanks, Alexa. [smilie=happy.gif] I can't wait until life is back to normal.

AlexaWu likes this.

20. Oh my goodness! That sounds like an absolutely Deeeelicious meal and you would be the MOST enchanting company to have it with @joe carbols@!

Maybe THIS will work until your gym opens...

kmerrill likes this.
  21. kmerrill
    Chat with Me

:eek: Wow, the things some people think of.