:::Let’s Do Lunch:::

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by randyryder, May 26, 2019.

1. randyryder
    Chat with Me

randyryder Pure heart with a dirty mind!

Very smart man!

-Pure heart with a dirty mind,
    Randy Ryder

2. It really is a lot of fun to hear those stories, to hear the passion in how they tell them, and to hear the life lessons of a life well lived

Trailboss likes this.
  3. My paternal grandmother was hell on wheels. She had managed her father's store from the age of 11, and managed a factory for many, many, years, in times when women were not in management positions. She was tough - she had to be. The whole family was scared to death of her.

But one day grandpa was doing some house repairs. Grandmother was chewing him out and telling him he was doing everything wrong.

After she left, in all of the enlightenment of 12 years, I asked grandpa - "Why do you put up with that?"

"Boy, your grandmother is a smart woman. She often thinks of things I don't. So I listen - Lord knows she going to say her piece anyway, and there's no sense arguing. Once she's had her say, I think about it. If I agree, I do what she says. If I disagree, I don't waste time arguing, I do what I want.

"Then, if she was right she can say 'I told you so!' - God knows how she loves to do that. But if she was wrong- then she shuts up!"

"For all of her bluster - she can't make me do anything."

Trailboss likes this.
  4. Tony Dark
    Chat with Me

Tony Dark Well-Known Member

I'm Blessed to have met you too!
    [smilie=be mine!.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

5. Tony Dark
    Chat with Me

It's sad that that generation of wise people are dying off. You could sit under the learning tree and get life lessons from them! During thunderstorms my grandparents would cut off the TV and light candles and tell me stories from the 1930's 40's and 50's. It was so vivid and cool. They might not have had degrees but they had WISDOM from Life Expereiences! They also took care of people. I remember my grandparents planting enough crops to feed our family and 5 other family's! This was in the 80's so it wasn't that long ago!
    It's about Love and Respect and I hope they've instilled those things in me.

Fozzie likes this.
  6. Both sets of my grandparents lived through World War I, The Great Depression, and World War II. As far back as I can remember, they planted huge gardens and canned fruits and vegetables. When it came time to sell their houses, we found canned goods going back to the 1920s and two large drawers of aluminum foil carefully folded and saved.

Tony Dark likes this.
  7. Tony Dark
    Chat with Me

Wow well when you live through Hard Times like the depression you prepare so you never have to go through it again. My grandparents canned peaches and tomatoes and they froze peas beans and collard greens! I always remember my grandma making sure everyone had a plate of food before she ate.

8. Yes, and grandma's always made sure visitors had enough food to eat several times on the way home. Even if they only lived a block away!

Tony Dark likes this.
  9. Tony Dark
    Chat with Me

Yep I remember my grandma asking me if I ate years after she stopped cooking and I was preparing meals for her but she wouldn't eat unless I told her yes.
    People use to take care of each other. They would look out for their friends and neighbors and strangers. Now it's so easy to be mean to someone or judge them. We got to start being kind to each other. We come together as a country during tragedy and holidays but wouldn't it be something if we were kind to each other on a Sunny day in June.

10. I think I'd like to have lunch with Mark Twain, Elizabeth I, and Abraham Lincoln.

11. [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]
    I’d like to have dinner with all the gals at the bunny ranch[smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

12. randyryder
    Chat with Me

We can arrange that!!!

Randy Ryder

Benz likes this.
  13. randyryder
    Chat with Me

Great choices!!

Randy Ryder

14. randyryder
    Chat with Me

Grandmas are the best!!!

Randy Ryder

Old Nick and Trailboss like this.
  15. randyryder
    Chat with Me

My favorite kind of stories!!

Randy Ryder

Old Nick likes this.
  16. randyryder
    Chat with Me

WOW!!!! Saved aluminum foil??!!!

Randy Ryder

Old Nick likes this.
  17. Yep, I miss mine every day and She passed away in 1990.. we had to unplug her from live support. I will never forget her last words she said to me, as she was saying her good bye’s to everyone.

Tony Dark and Old Nick like this.
  18. Tony Dark
    Chat with Me

Sorry to hear that! My grandma was under hospice I remember feeding her ice cream a few days before she died. She was nonverbal but was able to smile and pick at me. It was the last memory I wanted. A few days later my Aunt called and said she called out for me after not speaking for months. I got to the home and she was in excruciating pain! She never looked at me never smiled. I was lied to because I said I didn't want to see her like that. We knew she had days to live but my Aunt felt like everyone should see her one last time.
    Any this post made me dream about her last night and I still miss playing kickball in the living room with her when I was a kid!

Trailboss likes this.
  19. Sorry for your loss. Your grandma seems like a good woman. My grandma had a massive heart attack. She had a rough life growing up in the coal mine area of West Virginia, but in her later years, as I new her. She was an awesome grandma...

Tony Dark likes this.
  20. Tony Dark
    Chat with Me

Wow I'm sorry and yes she was a good woman and it sounds like you had a Good Grandma. I thought about this and my grandma never ate unless she knew everyone had something to eat and I do the same thing.

Trailboss likes this.
  21. Imagine going to lunch with Gordon Ramsay and they mess up his order! OMG!!!!!!!! :eek:

22. Tony Dark
    Chat with Me

When I get my resturant if he disrespected my staff they would be calling him 3 shoes Gordon!lol

23. Your staff wouldn’t mess up anything, so no worries there! :)

Tony Dark likes this.
  24. Tony Dark
    Chat with Me

That is kind of you to say I hope not!

25. randyryder
    Chat with Me

He’s so intense on tv!

Randy Ryder

Tony Dark likes this.
  26. randyryder
    Chat with Me

I wonder if he would act the same?

Randy Ryder

Tony Dark likes this.
  27. Tony Dark
    Chat with Me

Yes but in the real world he would be sued. I think a lot of chefs especially in well known restaurants are tough on their staff but I don't think they go off on them like that.
    You should watch the movie Chef with John Favreau the sexy Scarlett Johansson and Robert Downey Jr. have a few scenes in it. It's a really good movie.

28. Tony Dark
    Chat with Me

You know I would never treat my staff like that and I wouldn't let a customer come in and treat my staff like that.