Farm life

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Built tough, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Built tough
    Chat with Me

Built tough Well-Known Member

Love having a small farm! Life is all around. This morning found two new kittens. This one was hands down the cutest with her blue eyes.

Attached Files:

2. Awww... that is precious!

My cat, "Butch" is not having the funnest week of his life......

59111164198__134A7A79-1782-4E9C-B843-1AC79893BB3C.JPG IMG_1303.jpg IMG_1307.jpg IMG_1294.jpg IMG_1313.JPG

3. Built tough
    Chat with Me

4. randyryder
    Chat with Me

randyryder Pure heart with a dirty mind!

So cute!

-Pure heart with a dirty mind,
    Randy Ryder

Built tough likes this.
  5. Love the kittens, what do you farm out there? Just curious

Built tough likes this.
  6. Built tough
    Chat with Me

It’s a hobby farm that I sell a little bit of everything when I am not playing with the stock market or working with clients. I raise chickens (for eggs), goats, miniature schnauzers, with the adorable barn cats. I harvest, apples, strawberries, blueberries, and peppers, and other garden vegetables...I tried my hand at a bit of hemp this year just for personal fun.

DaniellaValenti and JerryVestal like this.
  7. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

Built tough likes this.
  8. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

9. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

Small family farms are best, buddy, I should know, I have been a farmer for 41 years of my 44 years of being alive, our family starts all of us at a young age, first they ask, "You want to help Daddy and Mommy play in the garden?" By age 7 you realize it's actually work. But you get to do and learn stuff most people don't know.

Built tough likes this.
  10. Built tough
    Chat with Me

That’s the exact same line that was used on me! Do you want to play in the garden? Lol love the experience though

JerryVestal likes this.
  11. Aw what a cutie pie! Farm life is awesome indeed!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

JerryVestal and Built tough like this.
  12. Sounds like you're living the dream

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

13. Jim DiGriz
    Chat with Me

Jim DiGriz Well-Known Member

This thread reminds me of an old gag:

A city dweller was driving to another city to buy something that wasn't in the city he just left. On the way he stopped in at a country diner. He saw a farmer in a booth and decided to impress him with what he did at his job.

"I'm very important, you see. After I spend an hour in traffic, I get to the office and start in on meetings. Usually those are 2-3 hours a day and then there's policy decisions to write up. A quick hour for lunch (it's a very expensive restaurant, but I can afford it). Then the afternoon making phone calls with clients and another hour long commute to get home. But what do you do?"

"Well, typically I'll milk the cows, slop the hogs, feed the chickens, do equipment maintenance, clean out the barn, and go over the books. Then I'll call my banker."

"That, uh, sounds like a pretty full day. But why do you wait until the end to call him?"

"That's easy ", said the farmer as he dabbed his mouth with a napkin, "he works in the city and that's about when the bank opens."

Built tough and JerryVestal like this.
  14. Ragazo Solo
    Chat with Me

Ragazo Solo Well-Known Member

I have a small farm too and last winter I found a half drowned from the rain kitten. She's sleeping on the couch right here right now and I call her my little grey dog because she follows me around everywhere haha

15. Sorry Built Tough. I feel like I hijacked some of your thread. The attention should be on your small farm.

I grew up on one in Ohio. Tons of work, but good for the soul and good for appreciating the simple things.

Quite admirable, what you are doing there!

16. KyrinMae
    Chat with Me

KyrinMae Well-Known Member

We used to always find kittens out in the country where I lived. We always had a new pet!

Built tough likes this.
  17. Built tough
    Chat with Me

If anything it’s more popular because of you!

18. Butch is all better! :p thanks Roxy!

19. KikiLover
    Chat with Me

KikiLover ♛ Middle Eastern Princess ♛

This is such an interesting thread,
    thanks for posting [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]