Top 10 Horror Films

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by James Media, Oct 20, 2023.

Tags:
  1. The sensation of feeling one's heart race, eyes widening, and the hairs on the back of the neck standing up is an adrenaline rush that many chase.

If you're on the hunt for the ultimate spine-tingling experience, here's a curated list of the top 10 scariest movies that have left a mark on the US:

1. Sinister (2012): A chilling blend of supernatural dread and the haunting reality of snuff films, "Sinister" ranks high with its disturbing imagery and an ever-present, looming evil. Ethan Hawke's portrayal of a true-crime writer who discovers a box of home movies depicting grisly murders adds depth to this harrowing tale.

2. The Exorcist (1973): A cornerstone in horror cinema, William Friedkin's portrayal of a young girl's demonic possession and the subsequent exorcism is as bone-chilling today as it was almost five decades ago.

3. Psycho (1960): Alfred Hitchcock’s game-changing horror classic redefined the boundaries of the genre and instilled a perpetual unease towards seemingly quiet motels and showers.

4. The Shining (1980): When Jack Nicholson says, "Here's Johnny!", you know you're in for a ride. Set in the remote Overlook Hotel, Stanley Kubrick's adaptation of Stephen King's novel is a masterclass in atmospheric dread.

5. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984): Wes Craven's iconic film makes us question the safety of our dreams by introducing Freddy Krueger, a malevolent spirit that preys upon teenagers as they sleep.

6. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974): Tobe Hooper's intense slasher film, with its raw, documentary-style presentation, gave birth to one of the horror genre's most notorious figures - Leatherface.

7. The Blair Witch Project (1999): By pioneering the found footage style, this indie sensation capitalizes on the fear of the unknown as three filmmakers venture deep into haunted woods.

8. Hereditary (2018): Ari Aster’s unsettling exploration of grief and familial ties is filled with tense, slow-burning horror, culminating in truly shocking revelations.

9. The Ring (2002): Borrowing from Japanese horror, this American adaptation uses the concept of a cursed videotape to deliver seven days of escalating dread to its viewers.

10. Halloween (1978): John Carpenter's timeless slasher stands as a testament to the horror genre's ability to create icons. With Michael Myers and the film’s eerie score, "Halloween" remains a favorite during the spooky season.
    What is your favorite Scary Movies?

[​IMG]

2. AutumnVerlot
    Chat with Me

AutumnVerlot Nympho Next Door

Sinister is definitely on my top 10 and we all know im a sucker for Michael Myers.
    I really like The Conjouring series and the Insidious series
    On a side note...still waiting for outdates to see Insidious 5 and the Nun 2

3. EllieAmes
    Chat with Me

EllieAmes Sinfully Delicious

I feel like scary movies aren't really scary anymore. But I love me a good horror flick and I'm always looking for the next film that will have me scared to turn off the lights and keep me awake all night lol!

4. I love all those fun facts thank you! [smilie=hi ya!.gif][smilie=hi ya!.gif][smilie=hi ya!.gif][smilie=hi ya!.gif]

James Media likes this.
  5. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

cumishaamado Love Virgins, Couples & Girlfriend Experience

[smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]I love "The Conjuring"[smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

James Media likes this.
  6. BigAlbowski
    Chat with Me

BigAlbowski Well-Known Member

HALLOWEEN (1978)
    The Witch (2015)

Sleepy Hollow (1999)
    The Omen (1976)
    The Thing (1982)
    Nosferatu (1922)
    Poltergeist (1982)
    The Blair Witch Project (1999)
    Salem's Lot (1979 miniseries)
    Frankenstein (1931) & Bride of Frankenstein (1935) or any Universal Horror film

James Media likes this.
  7. I don't think anything will beat the scariest movie for me which IMO is the first Alien.

James Media likes this.
  8. Im in that boat with you. There have been some good ones in the past but it seems as of late not many fresh, new ideas of scary have come around.

EllieAmes and James Media like this.
  9. DiamondEuphoria
    Chat with Me

DiamondEuphoria Book with me! Xoxo @LoveRanch North

I love Michael Myers and sinister is definitely the most scariest movie I watched! The conjuring is the most intense exorcist movie I’ve watched I love the conjuring! The purge is for scary excitement! And lastly the movie IT is one of the best horror films I’ve watched!

James Media likes this.
  10. Michael
    Chat with Me

Michael Well-Known Member

Frankenstein
    Dracula
    Psycho
    Halloween
    I spit on your grave
    Texas chainsaw massacre
    The Shining
    Christine
    Saw
    Misery

James Media likes this.
  11. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

James Media likes this.
  12. RemyMartin
    Chat with Me

RemyMartin Cum get a sip!!!!

This is a tough one, I have so many and Horror is my favorite movie genre.

1) The Shining
    2) An American Werewolf in London
    3) The Blob
    4) Invasion of the Body Snatchers
    5) CandyMan
    6) It
    7) Pet Sematary
    8) The Howling
    9) The Thing
    10) Rosemary's Baby
    11) Nightmare on Elm Street
    12) Hellraiser
    13) Bram Stokers Dracula
    14) The Lost Boys
    15) Fright Night
    16) Conjuring
    17) People Under the Stairs
    18) Christine
    19) Devil's Due
    20) CreepShow

James Media likes this.

13. So many greats and classics :)

14. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

I love all your favorite horror films @RemyMartin and thanks for sharing them[smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

RemyMartin likes this.
  15. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

16. SkyeMonroe
    Chat with Me

SkyeMonroe Curvy companion

Great list James
    I’ll have to check them out :p:cool:

17. stacytyler
    Chat with Me

stacytyler Bunny Babe! Email me to set up appointments today!

This is great! Sinister is at the top of my list too, followed by the original Halloween! I love scary movies!

18. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

19. stacytyler
    Chat with Me

stacytyler Bunny Babe! Email me to set up appointments today!

Old Nick likes this.
  20. LolaLaBella
    Chat with Me

LolaLaBella Well-Known Member

Hereditary always freaked me out! But so good

Old Nick likes this.
  21. randyryder
    Chat with Me

randyryder Pure heart with a dirty mind!

The Shining and the Exorcist are pretty scary! I remember Jack Nicholson really making me feel uneasy :confused:

Old Nick and AutumnVerlot like this.
  22. MelodyRose
    Chat with Me

MelodyRose sex fairy, sweetheart, succubus <3

As far as NEW scary movies I suggest, vivarium hereditary midsommar I love mind fuck movies and plot twists!

23. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

I haven’t watched a good scary movie in a while, but I do enjoy the Halloween movies, the Nightmare movies, and the Friday the 13th movies. I also enjoy scary video games. The Friday The 13th video game is a decent online game, but when playing offline, you’re always playing as Jason. It’s a good stress reliever.