Name a reason you’re glad to be done with high school

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RoxyGold, Nov 17, 2019.

1. No more cafeteria food! :)

2. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

Yep, I agree! I swear, the further up the school level chain you went, the worse the food got. My best memories were of my elementary school lunches.

I remember one high school lunch, it claimed to be beef fritter. It looked like a greasy turd, and left a slimy trail behind it, like a slug, as it slid around the plate. Yum yum!

3. JadeMonroe
    Chat with Me

JadeMonroe Well-Known Member

I was socially awkward and ate lunch alone. I also, dont like how grossly cliche high school and fellow peers were.

4. StevenL
    Chat with Me

StevenL Well-Known Member

This is pretty exactly says why for me also

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

5. JadeMonroe
    Chat with Me

Yay!!!!! To the people who developed after high school[smilie=hi ya!.gif][smilie=hi ya!.gif]and aren’t eating lunch in the bathroom ( my favorite spot to hide from people) anymore.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    RunningSquirrel and TiredFrog like this.
  6. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

High school...not the best time for me. In fact, through most of my school years, I had to struggle with a lot of things.

RunningSquirrel and JadeMonroe like this.
  7. No more dress codes... I can wear a midriff shirt if I want to! :)

JadeMonroe likes this.
  8. I'm glad to be done with the immaturity of most of the other students.

Also the boredom. I think I slept through half of my high school classes.

JadeMonroe likes this.
  9. isurfer
    Chat with Me

isurfer Well-Known Member

I survived. I graduated high school in 1968, over 50 years ago and have forgotten a lot about those high school days. I never went to any class reunions and really don't want to. They will laugh at my ugly self at a class reunion as I would with most of them. Gray haired old ladies and men, the bald guys, a few people in walkers and wheelchairs, pictures passed around of grandkids and great grandkids, comparing the medications the others are on and their health problems, and for me a sad part on hearing of close friends that have died and the ones that died in their youth during the Vietnam war. No thanks.

aztecwarrior2881 likes this.
  10. carlitoalex
    Chat with Me

carlitoalex Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you Roxy. Cafeteria food was nasty and unhealthy.

11. Power&glory83
    Chat with Me

Power&glory83 Well-Known Member

No more doing homework and not worrying about being jumped by the local gang

12. Lunch Buffett
    Chat with Me

Lunch Buffett Well-Known Member

Kids who had gone through the court system had to go to my High school in the small town I lived in. Some of them were big city miscreants who were apprehended for stealing cars or shoplifting. Others were neglected and taken from their parents. Every year there'd be new kids added to the class. It made going to school more interesting.

13. TiredFrog
    Chat with Me

TiredFrog Well-Known Member

I was one of those socially awkward ones too and didn't fit into any of the cliques... One of those places that I never missed even for a bit.

RunningSquirrel likes this.
  14. While I had my group of friends, there were also the biggest immature a-holes that marred my high school experience—never had any interest in a reunion.

Perseus and JadeMonroe like this.
  15. Right?! Knowing deep down that your best buds were total jerks, but since they had the same interests or lived in close proximity you just shrugged their a-holery off. I was so grateful to join the workforce and be around different people for that reason. :)

TiredFrog and RunningSquirrel like this.
  16. JadeMonroe
    Chat with Me

My ten year high school reunion was skipped and I’ll skip my 20 year one, as well!! [smilie=hot over you.gif]:p

17. I just skipped my 20 yr, hung out with my college buddies instead. We didn't even have a 10 year, nobody wanted to plan it lol.

JadeMonroe likes this.
  18. Bruce75
    Chat with Me

Bruce75 Well-Known Member

For a few years after high school I really missed it. But as the years have gone by I can't imagine why I did. All the people I thought were friends haven't really talked with me since high school and I certainly don't miss the homework!

19. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I never went to any of them. Course, I finished school in North Carolina, and I have no desire to go back there for that.

20. You’ve got way better things to do! :)

21. Perseus
    Chat with Me

Perseus Well-Known Member

Number One Reason: Didn't have @RoxyGold in any of my math classes, especially Algebra. Could have used her tutoring.

RoxyGold and RunningSquirrel like this.
  22. Perseus
    Chat with Me

Perseus Well-Known Member

I would have been too chicken (ie scared) to talk to you, let alone eat lunch with you. Babbling around beautiful babes like you probably wouldn't be appreciated.

23. I did take Algebra 1 FOUR TIMES, after all... ;);)

Perseus, Old Nick and RunningSquirrel like this.
  24. :p:p

Skip it! Finding out who got fat and bald is what Facebook is for! :D:p

Old Nick and RunningSquirrel like this.
  25. Lol bald, Balding Facebook tells all eventually!:):)

26. My enemies will never see me struggle to do a single chin up or run a wheezing lap ever again! :)

Perseus, Old Nick and RunningSquirrel like this.
  27. Better to have @RoxyGold in your Geometry class, Sir @Perseus ... all that bisecting of her Pythagorean triangle or, uh...

Perseus likes this.
  28. I can charge my gym teacher to have sex with me and neither of us will get in trouble with the law.:eek:

Old Nick likes this.
  29. You aren't and weren't the only one, so glad to be done with high school.

30. ColinSTL
    Chat with Me

ColinSTL Well-Known Member

I didn't do a lot of hanging around in school either, and I never dated eitther. The really bad part was trying to fit in, with various groups. When a lot of the kids wanted to know the answer to a sports trivia question, they knew who to turn to. But when it was time to bave a friend to hang out and do things with, it was like "go away, you bother me." Plus fighting problems at home as well.

Lots of stuff to handle at the sane time.

31. And you don’t have to worry about a passing grade either! Just some great sex :)

32. No more curfews! :)

33. I don't even think of high school since I went to five of them. After the fourth one, I didn't care about meeting anyone or fitting in since I realized I wouldn't see any of these people again anyway.

34. KikiLover
    Chat with Me

KikiLover ♛ Middle Eastern Princess ♛

I actually really liked high school... because of cute boys! I not so surprisingly was a total slut in high school.. hahaha! Well the little bit I did before I was home schooled.

Perseus and Old Nick like this.
  35. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I’ll never miss getting passed on by the girl I had a crush on for another dude. A dude I knew. That hurt! I’ll also never miss being socially awkward and painfully shy...especially around girls I liked.