More sad news to pass along

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ColinSTL, Apr 21, 2023.

1. ColinSTL
    Chat with Me

ColinSTL Well-Known Member

Hello everyone from St. Louis and I'm afraid I have more sad news to pass along from mine and Brent's family.

Our youngest sister, Kara Lynn, died on Friday morning, April 21 at about 6:40 am, St. Louis time, due to complications from COPD and lung disease. She had been a very heavy smoker almost all of her life and her original lungs developed COPD, due to the smoking. About two years ago, she underwent a successful double lung transplant operation due restore her breathing, and it worked pretty well. But last year, she took up heavy smoking again and it caused her body to start rejecting her transplant. Eventually, things got worse and she went onto hospice care on April 3 at Barnes Hospital in St. Louis, a world class facility.

Kara slipped into a coma on Tuesday and this morning, the end came, aged 59. She had just had her birthday last month and it was so sad to see her slip back into the habit that would cause her demise. We hadn't always gotten along well, but in the last year, we started getting along much better and we had started making plans to move in together in a townhouse or home. Sadly, it never came to fruition.

Funeral arrangements are incomplete at this time;however, I do know that her body will be cremated. Not sure what will happen after that.

We're trying to be OK as much as possible, but it's awfully difficult right now, as you might imagine. All thoughts, prayers, hugs, etc. are greatly apppreciated and gladly accepted by the both of us. We're going to be OK, of course. It's the second family death in over a year, going back to mom's passing in February, 2022. It's been a very rough year-plus for me personally. I sure could use your support right now.

Thanks everyone for all of your kindness and support over the years. More details will be passed along as they become available. Thinking of and missing all of you.

2. ROADRUNNER J
    Chat with Me

ROADRUNNER J Well-Known Member

My condolences to you, Brent and the entire family. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

tahoebigbear likes this.
  3. SophiaSun
    Chat with Me

SophiaSun Well-Known Member

My condolences to you and your family. [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

4. wrb55rosco
    Chat with Me

wrb55rosco Well-Known Member

Dam Colin , and Brent.. Am sorry to hear this. Losing a family member
    is never fun. My thoughts and prayer are with you and your family!

tahoebigbear likes this.
  5. grizzly
    Chat with Me

grizzly Well-Known Member

So sorry for your lose Colin and Brent, sending positive vibes and healing light your way. Prayers to you and your family as you grieve/celebrate the life of a loved one called home.

tahoebigbear likes this.
  6. My condolences to you, Brent and family. Losing a loved one is not easy, even when it is expected. More so when it is the younger sibling. May the prayer warriors unite and send them to you, Brent and family for your loss.

7. origlegman
    Chat with Me

origlegman Well-Known Member

So sad to hear this Colin and my deepest sympathies go out to you and your family. You and your family will be in my prayers.

8. My Thoughts are with you Guys during this difficult time. Be Strong and Be there for one another

9. BigAlbowski
    Chat with Me

BigAlbowski Well-Known Member

My condolences! May her soul be at peace!:(

10. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

My deepest condolences, Colin. I’m so sorry for your loss.

11. Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you. God bless you and yours!

12. tahoebigbear
    Chat with Me

tahoebigbear Well-Known Member

so sorry for you guys....sisters do make for many memories

wrb55rosco likes this.
  13. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

joe carbols Well-Known Member

Colin,

my deepest condolences on the recent news that your dear sister has left this world to enter the kingdom of heaven where there is no pain and nothing but being surrounded by loved ones who have gone before her.

it’s always nice to have another angel on your shoulder.

luvya!$!$
    Joe

14. So sorry for your/y’all’s loss. I’m glad you got to build a little better relationship towards the end. Time is a precious thing…..

15. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

joe carbols Well-Known Member

Dear @ColinSTL and Brent,

I just wanted to let you know I’m still in there praying for both of you and your family. When I go to church I will light a novena candle in all three of your names. It never hurts to be just a little too religious.

I hope to see you some time at the ranches and I’ll buy you a Diet Coke.

your friend always - Joe

tinker likes this.
  16. ColinSTL
    Chat with Me

Just wanted to give a blanket thanks to all of you for your kind words and condolences on the passing of mine and Brent's sister. To give you all an update: The funeral is scheduled for Saturday, May 20 at the same place where our mother's funeral was held, visitation at 11 am and the service to begin at 12 noon, St. Louis time. Her body was cremated and I'm not sure what will happen after the funeral.

I'm holding up pretty well, all things considered, and just have a lot on my mind these days. Brent and I are hanging in there and we're going to be OK, no matter what.

Once again, thank you everyone for all of your kindness and condolences. They truly mean very much to us.

tahoebigbear likes this.
  17. ColinSTL
    Chat with Me

tahoebigbear likes this.
  18. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

cumishaamado Love Virgins, Couples & Girlfriend Experience

My condolence and my prayers are with you during these tough times. I'm here for you if you want to chat. Big hugs to you right now!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

ColinSTL likes this.
  19. ColinSTL
    Chat with Me

Again, everyone, thank you so very much for all of your kind words, thoughts, prayers, etc. It's been a difficult time, to be sure, but both Brent and I are still OK.

We had her funeral last Saturday and it was a very nice service, getting see so many friends and others, in most cases, I haven't seen in many years. Near the end of the service, there was an announcement I never would have expected and I was so happy to hear about it.

My sister's body was cremated and my other sister currently has her ashes. Her last wish was to be buried in our ancestral homeland of the Republic of Ireland, which she and other members of the family visited in 2017. It was announced that her final wish would be granted and her remains would be taken to Ireland for burial sometime later this year.

I was so happy to hear that news -- she deserved to have her finat wish greanted and it soon will be. I doubt I'll get to go there for the burial, as I didn't get to go to Ireland with the rest of the family. It's nice to know that one of us will be a part of our homeland forever. Pretty awesome, don't you think?

Again, thanks everyone for all of your kindness, it truly means a lot.

*hugs and kisses for the ladies xoxoxoxoxoxoxo*

ROADRUNNER J likes this.
  20. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

I'm happy everything is OK and thanks for the good news!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

ColinSTL likes this.
  21. HannahFoxx
    Chat with Me

HannahFoxx Luxury Companion at Bunny Ranch

Losing a loved one is an incredibly challenging and painful experience, and I understand that your family is going through a difficult time grieving the loss of your sister, Kara Lynn.

I am truly sorry for your loss. It must be especially difficult considering the circumstances surrounding her illness and the challenges she faced with COPD and lung disease. It's understandable that her passing has impacted you and your family deeply.

The pain of losing someone we care about can be overwhelming, and it's natural to feel a range of emotions during this time. It's important to give yourself and your family permission to grieve and mourn in your own unique ways. Surrounding yourselves with a supportive network of friends, family, and loved ones can provide comfort and solace during this challenging period.

Please know that I am here to offer support and lend an empathetic ear. If there's anything specific you would like to share or discuss, I'm here to listen. My deepest condolences go out to you and your family.

ColinSTL likes this.
  22. ColinSTL
    Chat with Me

That's something I'm very grateful and happy for Hannah. Thanks so much for all of your kindness. With everything that I've been through, it means a lot. *big hugs*

23. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Thanks @ColinSTL for liking my post and my prayers are always with you and your family!!! I understand what you are going through. I lost my mother to a massive stroke and daughter to a traumatic brain injury from a "Drunk Driver" and had to arrange the funerals for both.[smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]