Getting my geek on

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Old Nick, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

0F8F3FCF-58D9-4F26-A475-E2697C584DAD.jpeg

I hope to get this one soon.

……………

2. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

So Nintendo will put Devil World in WarioWare but not on NES Online? I don’t get it…

09C92579-99D3-4ED1-ABD8-1DDC7631AC53.jpeg

3. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

The latest Lego project my daughter and I put together.

CE52C5A6-3CE0-4A77-893E-8DE2AEFA26EE.jpeg

I had two blind packs but both contained Swoop. My daughter gets one.

A95F533B-BBFD-432D-A59F-564FE5B2265B.jpeg

JerryVestal likes this.
  4. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

My original wrestler, December, was inspired by Daffney. Now, she stands as a tribute. RIP Daffney.

Lunch Buffett likes this.
  5. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

9D1D180B-9E4E-4A69-BFB9-89CD860CAD1F.jpeg

The last time I spent an hour in line at GameStop, I was buying Zelda on Wii U. Here’s today’s haul.

JerryVestal likes this.
  6. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

At one point in time, in addition to producing a Super Mario and Legend Of Zelda cartoon, DiC was looking at producing a Metroid cartoon, too. They could be forgiven for drawing Samus as a man, since Nintendo were pretty tight lipped about the person behind the mask, but their Samus looks a lot like Ash from Evil Dead. FF76D643-4EB4-4B37-B2C0-E9C83565382D.jpeg 80EA31EF-2906-4BF4-A141-60C8649A10E0.jpeg

“Groovy!”

JerryVestal and Lunch Buffett like this.
  7. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

ADBCB89C-3B56-4652-A1E9-129DB79CCC1E.jpeg

I won first place in our costume contest at work! :D

JerryVestal and Lunch Buffett like this.
  8. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I saw this coming when Lego Luigi was released.

9. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

77565DC1-413C-45F6-A665-F4FD389F3CC5.jpeg

Who’s up for a game night? Anyone?

10. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

8EACEDF5-5566-496C-B834-D19173DC180B.jpeg
    Black Friday purchase. No regrets! No remorse!

JerryVestal likes this.
  11. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

9F2A437B-A34D-4C89-A53E-4132BC8EAD8C.jpeg 58DF423C-4167-4C05-8E68-CC1FD0D2B81D.jpeg 187A8A34-859B-4BA7-9660-A4816FD264A2.jpeg BFC7F99D-D100-4B1C-B63C-3A1D7ADC9E1F.jpeg

When metalheads design shirts in Animal Crossing.

12. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

I think I saw that set at a FYE store.

Old Nick likes this.
  13. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

If anyone remembers, if you beat the game, you got the naked version of Samus and it was a lady. Nintendo should have remembered that one.

Old Nick likes this.
  14. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I think the producers played Metroid for a good five minutes and decided that it would make a great cartoon. Pretty much explains the fucked up character designs for the Captain N cartoon. Now each of these series were in their infancy at the time so that can be forgiven.

Samus’s reveal was meant to be a surprise. She was a total mystery in the instruction booklet. It was only in Fusion where she was given some backstory, and that was four games into the main series.

Some random trivia:

Metroid had a password system rather than a battery. The password system could generate progress using random words, leading to all sorts of abuse. There is one password that can screw up, crash, or even brick the system, depending on the version of game or system. That password is:

ENGAGE RIDLEY
    MOTHER FUCKER

This password apparently kills Ridley, but you wouldn’t know that because the screen doesn’t scroll, and is overlayed by code vomit. The game’s logic gets screwy as it thinks you’ve been playing for 300 years! Inputting this password on the NES Online version just boots you out of the game, but the 3DS version would brick the system before an update was issued. I have never dared to input this password at all.

JerryVestal likes this.
  15. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

283180D3-80A0-417B-A1D3-2F64DC0E6EEA.jpeg 3CE36EF4-D878-4625-9050-E1F5B29AC853.jpeg

While I’d rather have some sexy company, I’m staying in tonight and doing the Animal Crossing New Years Eve.

16. Hey Nick love the Nintendo and lego stuff! Ever do anything with TCG’s? Specifically Magic?

Old Nick likes this.
  17. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I haven’t played Magic in a long time. I still have my decks.

18. That’s awesome you still have your cards though. I started playing during the Onslaught block around 2001 and then sadly sold out. Over the past couple of years have gotten back into since my daughter has shown interest and we play together.

Attached Files:

Old Nick likes this.
  19. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

That’s awesome! I haven’t played in a while, and I haven’t bought any new cards. I did play the Pokémon card game with my daughter. I wouldn’t remember how to play it now.

20. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

05C70CEE-5916-49EA-9589-A4193E9778E5.jpeg

Finally! Redd had a real Mona Lisa on his boat! To the museum tomorrow!

21. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Does anyone still play Super Mario Maker 2? The video about All Night Nippon Super Mario Bros inspired me to create a series of night levels with my own branding.

22. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I’m home in quarantine. I called in sick yesterday as I’ve had a cold all weekend, and I was asked to get a covid test. Now I’m waiting for the result so I can get back to work and not burn up all my PTO, but it looks like that’s what’s happening. Anyway, tonight, I’m watching The Punisher. 03D37CCD-6FA7-4A2E-9BC3-186CF9014612.jpeg

23. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I guess I’d better buy a PS4. Those, I think I can find.

3C70BDC5-4EB4-43B3-A6C0-1B67BEA84872.jpeg

24. Jim DiGriz
    Chat with Me

Jim DiGriz Well-Known Member

Watch the first season of The Punisher with Jon Bernthal. If you don't want that much of a time commitment, just watch the first episode - it's classic Punisher attitude and tactics.

(Don't bother with the second season. It's well written, but the interactions with one character aren't believable and the season suffers for it.)

25. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Two things I hope to pick up in the future. I don’t have the space for an upright, but I can damn sure grab the countertop versions!

2F0D71BE-08EB-4168-B956-5ACAEF118D7D.jpeg 8B75A643-3281-4483-AF89-D2709AEFDC5B.jpeg

26. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

6BAE430F-CD98-415B-A984-3C63F0CE95E5.jpeg

I can’t wait to build these!

27. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Last night, my mom texted me to tell me I had an Amazon package arrive. Weird! I didn’t order anything. When I got home, I opened it and it was a Lego Mario set sent to me as a gift. Wow! Awesome! I was wonder who sent it to me, as a few people know I’m into these. I sent a thank you email and as it turns out, my sister sent it! She, her husband, and I are big time Lego nerds, and we all have our favorites. She tried to play it off as, “I don’t know,” then said, “Damn! I wanted to be anonymous.” Totally not expecting it, way awesome!

E3560339-20AF-4FF5-88AA-D837B0EB8A78.jpeg

28. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

D03C2995-2118-44FE-9661-70D8FAC04A23.jpeg

My mini arcade is off to a great start.

29. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

The Marvel Countercade is giving me issues. I turn it on and it goes straight to Marvel Super Heroes. It skips the legal screen and the main menu. I have a complaint in to Arcade 1up. Hopefully I’ll hear back soon.

I just bought this, too! :mad:

30. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Update: They got back to me and asked me to send them a picture of the model number and serial number, a picture of my receipt, and a short video explaining and demonstrating what’s going on, along with my name and information. After I sent that in, I get an email telling me they’re sending a replacement board to install, with an instructional video. I’ll get the board this weekend. Hopefully, that’s all I need.

Good thing I’m well within warranty.

31. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Update: The board came today. I might not be able to replace it till Sunday. Damn my busy existence and being the only guy that can do things.

32. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Update: I replaced the board in the Marvel game, and it works great now! I get to play Punisher again! I hope this board lasts longer than the last one.

33. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Just when I thought Konami could only restore their honor by seppuku.

34. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

D26CEE1B-1B94-4FFB-BE03-312B3879C39D.jpeg

I ordered this over the weekend. A killer sale ($100 off), a killer deal (no tax and free shipping), and straight from Arcade 1up themselves! I just hope I didn’t get screwed.

I’ll post when it arrives!

35. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

On one hand, a delayed game might be a better game. Best to hammer out the rough edges and work out the kinks. That bad part is…another year.