Fun With Scammers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Old Nick, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

So I managed to piss off a scammer this week...

Scammer: I’ll see you in hell!

Me: That’s a good song! Are you a Grim Reaper fan?

Scammer: What?!

Me: See you in hell, my friend
    See you in hell, my friend
    See you in hell, my friend
    I’ll see you in hell

Scammer: You think you are funny?! You think this is a joke?!

Me: Come on! Sing with me!

Scammer: Fuck you!!

Me: Sing, you bastard!

The local police have still not shown up to take me away.

2. Jim DiGriz
    Chat with Me

Jim DiGriz Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the scam where people from India or Pakistan call and say they're an IRS agent and the victim owes back taxes. But instead of paying by check or through the IRS's website, they try to get the victim to get multiple gift cards from Target or Wal-Mart. And if the victim resists the scammer says "the sheriff will arrest you at the courthouse", much like the local police this scammer tried to scare you with.

3. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

This one started out as a scam to lower my interest rate on my credit card, so I pulled out a Visa gift card I got on Christmas, which I already drained, and he was none too thrilled about that.

4. Jim DiGriz
    Chat with Me

My mobile device screens scam calls, but I used to get them all the time on my landline. I'd sometimes dream about calling them back and starting off with "Yeah, I'm returning your call - Last name Ocks, first name Bud . . ."

5. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Here’s a scammer call I recorded. This guy, already low on patience, called me through a spoofed number. After I pissed this scammer off, I called the number back only to find out it didn’t belong to the call center but to the actual person that owned it! I explained to him what had happened, that a scammer used his number to try to scam me, and he was glad I called to let him know.

I named this call Interest Rate.

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/aRDp6EXsxZStdYUr5

6. Everyone should do that same thing, use a zero balance card. 1st, it get processed, the card is declined, the transaction is recorded, the credit card machine might be trackable, the system most likely records all transactions. If the scammers get too many declined transactions, the credit card organization may close them down.

Marlin Groce Jr likes this.
  7. Davefem
    Chat with Me

Davefem Active Member

I had one from someone claimed to be IRS. I gone through the Practice Policy Procedure IRS Manual. This pissed the caller off.

aztecwarrior2881 likes this.
  8. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

9. Lunch Buffett
    Chat with Me

Lunch Buffett Well-Known Member

Here's a guy that was using a sophisticated glitter bomb to strike back at scammers and AirBnb operators.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    BTFSTL and Old Nick like this.
  10. Jim DiGriz
    Chat with Me

I'm watching the movie now and there's one part I'm really interested in. A little after 3:00 they describe how they intercepted packages from the victim to the scammer by scheduling another delivery to an accomplice earlier on the FedEx driver's route. That part is pretty clever. But how did they get the driver to return the package to the sender? If I were to tell the FedEx guy to return one of my neighbor's packages, hopefully he'd ignore me regardless of the story I told. So did they get the victim on the phone with the driver, and the victim gave the driver some code that only the sender would know?

Old Nick and Lunch Buffett like this.
  11. I had to learned the hard way. I was chatting with several people who I thought were women. The scammers stole my identity. It took a family member's boyfriend weeks to restore my identity. I recently blocked the apps on my phone.

Old Nick and Lunch Buffett like this.
  12. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Hangouts and WhatsApp are hotbeds for scammers. I downloaded them to meet them on their own turf. I have a particular disdain for romance scammers. They are the worst, and I try to bait and drag them as best as I can.

13. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I pissed off a romance scammer using an old trick. That scammer kept lighting up Hangouts and I answered as someone else. The scammer then decided that I was a fake and threatened to block me. They haven’t done that yet, so I answered as myself and told the scammer that the person they were they were talking to told me they were a scammer. I then said that I didn’t have time for bullshit, and all they care about is a damn card. That scammer responded with “LOL! You’re a fake!”

I gather it’s scammer speak for “Shit! I’ve been found out!”

14. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I’ll never know why scammers impersonate sex workers...especially if they don’t factor in the possibility that said sex worker and the intended victim might actually meet. LOL

15. KikiLover
    Chat with Me

KikiLover ♛ Middle Eastern Princess ♛

There’s a way you can ask your phone company to automatically remove scam calls from coming through to your phone, T-Mobile has it.

Old Nick likes this.
  16. kevinz0071
    Chat with Me

kevinz0071 Well-Known Member

I like responding to the Emails lol

Scammer hi this is Barrister such and such my client has left you 50 million dollars
    Me Cooooooooooooool Paypal me some Lunch Money

Old Nick likes this.
  17. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

FF522E9E-6140-4BCE-9606-8D3AAD1B5DCB.jpeg 3691E7A8-3D5A-4DD1-94DE-1DC159312F13.jpeg

Romance scammers go from lovey dovey to threatening you with an ancient warrior god quickly, and all it takes is a bad gift card code.

18. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

796D6DDE-F53F-43BA-BB79-EBB3DBCC08E8.jpeg FCB9BB8C-59E5-42E6-94D0-12349BA271A0.jpeg

When scammers send me their well wishes. These were PCH scammers.

19. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Only a knucklehead would troll a romance scammer using Slayer lyrics…

…and I am that knucklehead!

32F152B2-FFBA-4ED7-AD59-956D1A055DA7.jpeg

20. That’s some funny stuff @Old Nick! These people are beyond terrible in my opinion. My grandma has gotten caught up in one of these. She has the early stages of Dimentia/Alzheimers and over thanksgiving she had given them so much money she couldn’t even afford her power bill. She thinks he’s a doctor in Syria working for the peace corps and they’ll get married as soon as he get sent home yada yada. I’ve found the actual person he’s using pictures of and tried to show her but she’s just in too deep.

21. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Some uncle I never talk to messaged me to tell me about a government grant. My twisted mind cooked up a story.

https://imgur.com/a/JUuDBq0

22. I take them out before they even start. When I get a call from a number I don’t recognize I answer the phone “United States Department of Justice, Criminal Fraud Division”. :::::click:::::

lover5 and Old Nick like this.
  23. lover5
    Chat with Me

lover5 Well-Known Member

I tell them now what make and model do I have. Of course they want my info first and They say that's privileged information we can't give out and I say well you called me and I was wondering cause I don't own a Fucking car mother fucker don't call here no more it's great they have now stopped calling my phone. Now it's the Amazon cell phone scam they hung on me too Lol...

Old Nick likes this.
  24. lover5
    Chat with Me

lover5 Well-Known Member

That's great got to try it out

Old Nick likes this.
  25. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

This scammer found me on Facebook. They were using Dani Daniels’s pics to grab me. When they asked for a pic, guess what I sent. Hehehe…

A Throwaway Bait
    https://imgur.com/a/UDpt7Ue

26. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I’ve been dealing with this scammer for more than a year. This scammer is used to the fact that multiple characters chat through my account. I created a new character and a new means of contact to keep this bait going. I can’t wait for the response…should there be one.

471197BC-C6A2-47E4-BCBB-2FFA50C89768.jpeg

27. Better yet purchase a pre paid debit card. Put the full $500.00 on it, go shopping, spend it all. If you get a call, use the spent pre paid card. Give the scammer the numbers, and post it on here. The scammers have to enter the infromation, the scammers have to pay for it. Sooner or later, they will stop. Just make sure its completly empty of funds. The pre paid card has to be activated , funded and 100% of all funds depleted. Hopefully it works. Im buying AMEX pre paid debit cards, ive got my ID stolen yet again.

Old Nick likes this.
  28. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Gotta love wrong number scammers, especially when they use the same tired picture. Shortest bait I ever had!

https://imgur.com/a/wzBKkod

29. BTFSTL
    Chat with Me

BTFSTL Well-Known Member

Old Nick likes this.
  30. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

One of my favorites is ScamBait Central. They do a monthly livestream on Saturdays and they call scammers live on the stream. Definitely worth checking out!

BTFSTL likes this.
  31. BTFSTL
    Chat with Me

BTFSTL Well-Known Member

I'll certainly do that Nick!! :)

Old Nick likes this.
  32. randyryder
    Chat with Me

randyryder Pure heart with a dirty mind!

This is hilarious I heard of some people pretending to be FBI agents and scaring them off the phone lol

Old Nick likes this.