Favorite Animal and why

Discussion in 'Games' started by AlexaHaze, Jan 12, 2020.

1. describe what you like about them , weather its wild or domesticated animal [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]. Mine is A wolf, I think they are so cool looking and beautiful

2. destinistarr
    Chat with Me

destinistarr Your Ultimate GFE Companionship

Horses

Horses are strong and resilient.
    For centuries, they powered our economies, carrying us and our burdens, pulling wagons and plows. Today, they need our help. Irresponsible breeding leads to homeless horses and burros—animals often auctioned off for slaughter. Poor management of horses in the wild has left thousands in holding pens. And some trainers “sore” the legs and hooves of Tennessee walking horses so the animals move with a high-stepping gait born of pain.

Domesticated for millennia, horses still have the brains and bodies of prey animals—the instinct to bolt at the hint of danger at a speed (up to 40 miles per hour) that can carry them to safety. Burros are nearly as fast, but use their intelligence to assess threats before fleeing.

Horses in the wild in the U.S. are all mustangs, descended from horses the Spanish brought to the New World. They live in harems, with a single male or stallion and many females and foals.

Also

Horse lovers have long believed that their trusty steeds are the smartest animals in the world, but sceptics would be doubtful. After all, if they’re so clever, why do they keep on spooking at the same tree every day for a year?

Given our relationship with horses, the question of horse intelligence is an important one.

While we most often compare them to dogs when asking the question ‘are horses intelligent?’ This is, in fact, not a fair comparison. Dogs and cats are animals who have evolved to be predators and hunters. Horses are prey animals who have an ingrained flight response and will react to situations differently to a dog.

What is evident though, is that the facts all point towards one thing – horses owners are right in saying that their equine companions are pretty clever. In fact, research has shown that horses can recognise human emotions, much like a dog.

So those stories of horses being over cuddly when their owners are upset or refusing to come over to you when you’re grumpy aren’t just coincidence, after all. Even more amazing was that in this study, researchers found that horses could even perceive emotions just by looking at a photograph.

On top of that, it is evident that horses can definitely learn and make associations. Some research took it even further and found that horses can even ‘talk’ to us. By learning to touch their muzzles to a sign for ‘rug’ and for ‘no rug’ 23 horses were taught to request whether or not they wore rugs.

The result? In cold or wet weather, they asked for one. In sunny weather, they told the humans that they were warm enough!

All of these show that horses learn via conditioning, and that through trial and error they can figure out the correct response to a question or situation.

For example, you can teach the ‘canter’ command on the lunge or use a ‘brrr’ to go down a gait. Even if you then don’t lunge the horse for a few months, it will probably still remember the correct response to your command when you try again – and retention of knowledge is one of the measures of intelligence.

Everyone who has interacted with horses will know that they can learn to respond to commands issued from both the voice and visual signals, such as vocal commands when lunging or a sign to back up in the stable.

They can also make associations – how many of us have known a horse who kicks the door or calls when he hears food going into a bucket? Or one who runs to the gate when he hears the tractor which always carries grass into the field?

And it turns out that your horse being pleased to see you isn’t just because of the carrot you always bring…though it probably helps. A recent study suggests that horses can indeed match voices to faces when presented with humans they know. In other words, your horse can tell you apart from other humans not just by your voice, but your face too.

They also learn to recognise your smell, according to numerous other sources. Spending time with your horse is the best way to make them recognise you.

Bonding takes time and you can speed up the process by riding, lunging, giving carrots and other treats, grooming the horse - showering or simply brushing its coat, mane and tail.

HORSES ARE BEAUTIFUL AND INTELLIGENT NIT JUST BEAUTIFUL TO LOOK AT BUT LOVABLE AS WELL.

I LEARNED TO RIDE HORSES AS A YOUNG CHILD BEFORE I TURNED 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. destinistarr
    Chat with Me

Horses

For centuries, they powered our economies, carrying us and our burdens, pulling wagons and plows. Today, they need our help. Irresponsible breeding leads to homeless horses and burros—animals often auctioned off for slaughter. Poor management of horses in the wild has left thousands in holding pens. And some trainers “sore” the legs and hooves of Tennessee walking horses so the animals move with a high-stepping gait born of pain.

Domesticated for millennia, horses still have the brains and bodies of prey animals—the instinct to bolt at the hint of danger at a speed (up to 40 miles per hour) that can carry them to safety. Burros are nearly as fast, but use their intelligence to assess threats before fleeing.

Horses in the wild in the U.S. are all mustangs, descended from horses the Spanish brought to the New World. They live in harems, with a single male or stallion and many females and foals.

Also

Horse lovers have long believed that their trusty steeds are the smartest animals in the world, but sceptics would be doubtful. After all, if they’re so clever, why do they keep on spooking at the same tree every day for a year?

Given our relationship with horses, the question of horse intelligence is an important one.

While we most often compare them to dogs when asking the question ‘are horses intelligent?’ This is, in fact, not a fair comparison. Dogs and cats are animals who have evolved to be predators and hunters. Horses are prey animals who have an ingrained flight response and will react to situations differently to a dog.

What is evident though, is that the facts all point towards one thing – horses owners are right in saying that their equine companions are pretty clever. In fact, research has shown that horses can recognise human emotions, much like a dog.

So those stories of horses being over cuddly when their owners are upset or refusing to come over to you when you’re grumpy aren’t just coincidence, after all. Even more amazing was that in this study, researchers found that horses could even perceive emotions just by looking at a photograph.

On top of that, it is evident that horses can definitely learn and make associations. Some research took it even further and found that horses can even ‘talk’ to us. By learning to touch their muzzles to a sign for ‘rug’ and for ‘no rug’ 23 horses were taught to request whether or not they wore rugs.

The result? In cold or wet weather, they asked for one. In sunny weather, they told the humans that they were warm enough!

All of these show that horses learn via conditioning, and that through trial and error they can figure out the correct response to a question or situation.

For example, you can teach the ‘canter’ command on the lunge or use a ‘brrr’ to go down a gait. Even if you then don’t lunge the horse for a few months, it will probably still remember the correct response to your command when you try again – and retention of knowledge is one of the measures of intelligence.

Everyone who has interacted with horses will know that they can learn to respond to commands issued from both the voice and visual signals, such as vocal commands when lunging or a sign to back up in the stable.

They can also make associations – how many of us have known a horse who kicks the door or calls when he hears food going into a bucket? Or one who runs to the gate when he hears the tractor which always carries grass into the field?

And it turns out that your horse being pleased to see you isn’t just because of the carrot you always bring…though it probably helps. A recent study suggests that horses can indeed match voices to faces when presented with humans they know. In other words, your horse can tell you apart from other humans not just by your voice, but your face too.

They also learn to recognise your smell, according to numerous other sources. Spending time with your horse is the best way to make them recognise you.

Bonding takes time and you can speed up the process by riding, lunging, giving carrots and other treats, grooming the horse - showering or simply brushing its coat, mane and tail.

HORSES ARE BEAUTIFUL AND INTELLIGENT NIT JUST BEAUTIFUL TO LOOK AT BUT LOVABLE AS WELL.

4. destinistarr
    Chat with Me

Horses

Also

HORSES ARE BEAUTIFUL AND INTELLIGENT NOT JUST BEAUTIFUL TO LOOK AT BUT LOVABLE AS WELL.

sexywookiee likes this.
  5. BigAlbowski
    Chat with Me

BigAlbowski Well-Known Member

I love orangutans... Intelligent and fascinating!
    Orangutan-press.jpg

6. My favorite animals are Elephants. They're so beautiful and majestic. They are smart and even fun to play with.

7. Bruce75
    Chat with Me

Bruce75 Well-Known Member

Hands down,it's the Great white shark. I've always been both scared and fascinated by sharks ever since I was a little kid. Of course,seeing Jaws just cemented my love and interest in these animals. Hammerheads and Mako sharks are cool,but the Great white is the big daddy of them all!

8. Seahorse and jellyfish…… both share equal love in my heart!

ROADRUNNER J likes this.
  9. Fox. Clever smart energetic. Can be a pet. Beautiful creatures

10. KikiLover
    Chat with Me

KikiLover ♛ Middle Eastern Princess ♛

Lioness-

A lion pride is all females all the time. They catch the vast majority of the food, and they guard the territory from intruders—mostly other females that live nearby looking to expand their own territories.

“Females are the core. The heart and soul of the pride. The males come and go,” says Craig Packer, one of the world’s leading lion researchers and director of the Lion Research Center at the University of Minnesota.

11. NancyLoren
    Chat with Me

NancyLoren The Gentlemen's Choice

I love puppies. They're soft and cuddly and just sooo damn cute whatever breed they are!

12. HannahFoxx
    Chat with Me

HannahFoxx Luxury Companion at Bunny Ranch

[​IMG] The bearded vulture (Gypaetus barbatus), also known as the lammergeier and ossifrage is a saprophytic bird with many amazing traits.
    It colors its plumes with iron-rich soil and mud found in its natural habitat, giving it incredibly deep red colors.
    It also eat bones. It drops carcasses from hundreds of feet in the air to break them apart so it can swallow the bone and marrow; its digestive acids break down bone. These birds, among others, were once used by the Ancient Persians to dispose of bodies.
    The bearded vulture is not afraid of humans. You can approach one of these birds carefully, showing you're not a threat, and often they will allow themselves to be touched or simply to be near humans.
    They have many other incredibly qualities, these are just a few.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2023
  13. I’m terrified of horses ever since I heard about what happened to Christopher Reeves. You could never pay me enough to get on top of one of those horses.

14. EllieAmes
    Chat with Me

EllieAmes Sinfully Delicious

i like donkeys they have a funny laugh, do silly things, and are funny looking horses lol

15. SummerAdair
    Chat with Me

SummerAdair GFF, sex education, sexual healing sessions

White Tigers-I remember the first time I saw one I was in awe! They have been interpreted in many different ways, but often associated with Spiritual, enlightenment, remarkable strength, and unwavering courage. Reminds me of some of the ladies at the ranches!

EllieAmes likes this.
  16. EllieAmes
    Chat with Me

EllieAmes Sinfully Delicious

Otters they are playful super cute and and wont hurt me lol

17. My favorite animal, by a wide margin, is the common house cat. What's not to love about a kitty cat?

• They are furry.
    • They are cute.
    • They still have all the hunting instinct within them that their wild relatives have. A house cat is like a tiny tiger.
    • They are small, so that makes them easy to cuddle with and easy to pick up.
    • They make the most adorable sounds.
    • They are loyal.
    Here is my orange tabby boy Naja splaying out. Sadly, Naja got oral cancer earlier this year and I had to have him euthanized in mid July. I still cry sometimes, although the wound is healing.

[​IMG]

And here is my tuxedo colored girl Shikaree:

[​IMG]

And here are both of them together:

[​IMG]