About Me Christine’s Hands On ❤️ Brains & Beauty the world's oldest profession- Tour 9/27-10/5/19

Discussion in 'LoveRanch North Lovers Forum (Reno-Carson City)' started by ChristineFowler, Jul 12, 2019.

1. ChristineFowler
    Chat with Me

ChristineFowler California GFE/ Bay Area Girl Next Door

Very cool! I will have to check it out! And ask a few friends and fam about it! I am curious myself now :) ❤️ [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

2. JadeMonroe
    Chat with Me

JadeMonroe Well-Known Member

Thank you for the information Christine... you are a very gorgeous woman!!!!!
    Boook with this beautiful woman today[smilie=heart fill with love.gif] !![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=hi ya!.gif]

Sharky and ChristineFowler like this.
  3. ChristineFowler
    Chat with Me

Aww ❤️❤️ Thank you sexy lady!! Your so beautiful and gorgeous ❤️ It was a pleasure to take pics of you
    Xoxo

Sharky and JadeMonroe like this.
  4. JadeMonroe
    Chat with Me

You’re gorgeous !!
    Amazing pictures[smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

5. ChristineFowler
    Chat with Me

Awww thanks @JadeMonroe your a natural Beuatiful lady! I always love your company a true Gem ❤️❤️❤️

Sharky likes this.
  6. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

I remember seeing an article from one of the local Berkley papers that was sent to us (that's how we found out about the sale). I'll try to find it and send you the link.

ChristineFowler likes this.
  7. ChristineFowler
    Chat with Me

❤️❤️❤️ ⭕️❌❤️❤️❤️
    :D:rolleyes::p:rolleyes::D

Sharky and JadeMonroe like this.
  8. willowlove
    Chat with Me

willowlove Well-Known Member

9. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

ChristineFowler and JadeMonroe like this.
  10. ChristineFowler
    Chat with Me

Yes Maria Montessori is one of my strongest inspirations ❤️❤️❤️

11. ChristineFowler
    Chat with Me

12. ChristineFowler
    Chat with Me

Aww thank you love❤️! !!!❤️❤️❌⭕️

13. Thank you my love! [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

Sharky and ChristineFowler like this.
  14. ChristineFowler
    Chat with Me

15. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

No problem! I take it this is your first trip here?

16. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

And I remember my poor student days going to summer school...one simply cannot concentrate.

17. ChristineFowler
    Chat with Me

Yes it most definitely is! Summer school was always no fun lol

18. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

How exciting! The good thing now is there are various options to fly from the Bay Area direct to Maui (heck, we just got Southwest flying to here a few months ago), with Plan B being flying to Honolulu then going on the puddle jumper to Maui (which used to be THE only option).

19. ChristineFowler
    Chat with Me

Oh wow interesting! I believe my ticket is southwest!

20. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

I'll try to dig up local articles about that. Keep in mind that you'll be on a 737 for about 5 hours or so. Not impossible but it's not like you'll have much room to walk around like in a larger plane.

It's not those 737 Maxes, either. They're all grounded. They're using a 737 model configured for long range operations, per regulations.

I believe the Southwest flights arrive in the afternoon, and sometimes fly over my house, so don't forget to wave!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  21. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

Also, any food allergies or preferences for you or in your travel party?

22. ChristineFowler
    Chat with Me

Oh that’s so cool!!! Lol I will definitely wave and send a video of me waving!! That is a fun idea!! Love it

23. ChristineFowler
    Chat with Me

Well as far I know I am a foodie ❤️ But no allergies to absolutely anything and no health issues just a healthy lady with a urge to explore and experience new things!!

24. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

If the weather is the usual trade winds, then the approach to Honolulu is usually over Kailua/Kaneohe, over the mountains and over east Honolulu (where I live). They normally fly over my home so I get to see all the airlines coming in. If the wind is blowing out of the south, then the approach to Honolulu follows the southern coastline. This has the advantage of flying alongside of Waikiki, Diamond Head and Honolulu. Both approaches will bank over the ocean near the southwest tip of Oahu to line up with the runway.

Correction: just remembered the southern approach actually flies and descends over town to line up with the runway approaching it from the north.

25. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

Great! Just asking because I may recommend something but then it's a no go due to allergies (like chocolate in the case of Juniper). I will say try everything and anything! I've seen people come here (or people from here travel elsewhere) and just stick to McDonald's and such. Whut? That's half of the fun of traveling, eating stuff you don't have at home. Half of the people from here who travel to Vegas, the first thing they do is eat at In-and-Out (because we don't have one, and we will never get one). But even if you stick to McDonald's, you're going to discover that our Micky D's isn't quite like the ones up there. We serve saimin at ours (think ramen noodles), rice with the breakfast platters, along with Spam (you'll discover Hawaii has a love for that), and taro pie.

Eat poke while you're here. It's fresh, and you're at the source! Poke bowls are everywhere. Ube is the up and coming craze here now, it's in everything from cakes to ice cream.

JadeMonroe likes this.
  26. JadeMonroe
    Chat with Me

Beautiful
    Three and very informative, as Well. Thank you very much Christine

27. JadeMonroe
    Chat with Me

There is definitely A love for spam in Hawaii.
    I was learning how to make spam musubi in kindergarten after school at the YMCA, lmao !

Benz and ChristineFowler like this.
  28. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

Hmm, sounds like Jade spent time here. When was this? How long did you live here? If you were here long enough, then you know we have a festival that celebrates everything Spam called the Spam Jam. We just had it a couple of months ago.

So what else would you recommend to Christine, along with what I'm telling her? I tasked her with a homework assignment to draw up a list of her questions and concerns regarding Hawaii.

JadeMonroe likes this.
  29. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

Christine, this is what Jade is referring to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_musubi

It's really a cheap, portable meal. You know how everyone loves the $1.50 hot dog from Costco because it's cheap, good and easy to carry? Same thing, but no drink included in the deal like the hot dog, sorry!

JadeMonroe likes this.
  30. JadeMonroe
    Chat with Me

I was there for five years in Oahu. I went to kaikis corner for preschool[smilie=hot over you.gif]

31. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

You mean keiki? And it sounds like you spent your first years of life here in Hawaii....I'd say that gave you a very good start!

Benz, ChristineFowler and JadeMonroe like this.
  32. ChristineFowler
    Chat with Me

Very cool! [smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

33. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

Okay, my Hawaii PSA for today: Make sure to bring a pen or pencil with you on the flight to Hawaii. You'll need to fill out a survey/declaration prior to landing. This is used for visitor data to find out where you go, how long you stay, etc. It also is used to remind you that you shouldn't be bringing in forbidden animals (we're looking at you, Mr. and Mrs. Snake). And if it slips your mind that you have your pet boa constrictor with you, you have one last chance to drop it off in the amnesty box prior to the baggage claim (don't laugh, someone did leave an illegal critter in there a few years ago). If caught, you will be heavily fined, shamed on local TV and most likely shown the first flight back to the mainland. And we returning locals also fill out the survey as well, so we all share the paperwork joy (except I get to skip whole sections of it).

I'm not sure if this applies to Maui, but here on Oahu we occasionally get a box jellyfish invasion on the beaches. This occurs so many days after a full moon. But it's announced on the news (usually during the weather/surf report) and signs will be posted on the beaches. You can also ask the lifeguards. While not deadly, these buggers are hard to see in the water and I believe the sting is painful. The lifeguards will also have first aid kits to treat the stings if necessary, but save yourself the pain and stay out of the ocean if this happens. This is one war story you can skip telling back at the ranch.

In fact, it never is a bad idea to ask the lifeguards about the conditions. They know it the best and can advise accordingly; after all, they gotta go out there to save you, so why make life hard? We have a saying here: never turn your back on the ocean. Nature does not suffer careless or inattentive fools. Always obey all signs, barriers and warnings, regardless of location.

34. ChristineFowler
    Chat with Me

[smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

Attached Files: