When work tosses you a curve ball.........time to concentrate on....?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jessie Summers, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Some of you know, but some of you don't, that I work IRL in media. I dabble in some public address duties, but my main love is radio and calling sporting events. I am SUPER BUSY in winter, especially now with the collision of high school football playoffs, and the start of college basketball season!

Recently, I had a road trip to call hoops, and was busily working on the roster for the opponent. It was a women's/men's collegiate doubleheader, so this was the women's game, and I needed the starting lineups. The point guard for the opposing team had the first name Ellie, which always, now days, catches my eye in a good way, as my absolute favorite girl out in Mound House is @EllieMoore . She is easily the girl I've connected with and fell for the hardest in the past three years. Basically she's stolen my heart and I feel like it's half here with me and half on loan in western Nevada! Back to the game though, this girl's last name though wasn't "Moore", so I went up to the coach and asked for her starting lineup, and this girl is her starting point guard.

I'll be damned if the next thing I hear is....oh this girl isn't going by her last name anymore. Issues with her father and the sort. We haven't got it changed on our rosters yet, but she's going with her mother's last name, "Moore". I'm thinking "of course it is"! LOL

I spent the next 90 minutes literally saying Ellie Moore on the air over and over again. You'd be amazed how often the 'point guard' gets mentioned during development of a play! You would also be amazed how many 'basketball calls' involve some sort of sexual innuendo. "Taking it to the hole" and "dribble penetration" notably ROFLMAO!

I think the Good Lord must be playing tricks with my brain with the fun that night had. Doing my job, yet, having my brain fading to other places for future enjoyment, with no clue at all from the thousands of listeners!

2. Built tough
    Chat with Me

Built tough Well-Known Member

That would be a tough 90 minutes, talk about work and fun mixing!

3. You kept it together and stayed professional! Good work, @Jessie Summers :)

4. We were actually casting a magic "come to me" spell on you. By George, it worked!!!!!!!!

Jessie Summers likes this.