What would it take for another chance?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mickey_St_James, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Guy/Gals, we've probably all had loves or relationships that hurt us, but we never quite got over . . . What would that person have to say or do to have a possibility of another chance?

In my case, it would start with a complete explanation of what happened and why, because I still don't know.

Trailboss and Brandon E Bolhuis like this.
  2. TiredFrog
    Chat with Me

TiredFrog Well-Known Member

For me, I learned enough about the person during the time we were together to realize we never should have tried to get together. With my previous relationships, I have no desire to try again.

3. Some people deserve a second chance. Lord knows I've had my share of second chances, but somepeople don't. Time and your gut feelings will tell. My advice is to expand your world and move on even if it scares you.

RunningSquirrel likes this.
  4. Call me a hypocrite, but I'm willing to give most people a second chance with one exception. That would be myself. I still haven't given myself a second chance after some wrongdoings in my younger days. I am generally forgiving, but I can't seem to forgive myself.

Anyway, as long as the person has grown past the situation that caused the initial issue, I believe they are worthy of a second chance.

5. she got two "another chance"s. bite me once, shame on you; bite me twice shame on me; bite me three times, you might as well have rabies.

6. Love the last paragraph. I still don’t know what went wrong. Never had the chance to explain my side of the Story...

7. I said the possibility of another chance. That doesn't mean I would rekindle things. My guess is probably not, but I would like to know what happened.

I know there are situations from my life that I don't deserve second chances for. In some cases I didn't know any better, and some cases I needed to grow up.

8. There is a woman who, at the time of the break up, I would have done almost anything for. Linda Ronstadt's "Love Has No Pride" fit me me perfectly. I'm pretty sure I've out grown that.

9. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

I was married for ten years to my wife. Most of it was good, but the rest wasn’t. The marriage turned very adversarial toward the end. I still wonder what I could have done, but I already did all I could do, and I really had no desire to be a punching bag for my wife or my mother in law.

No chance of rekindling. No chance of me finding anyone new. My luck is absolutely horrible.

10. Benz
    Chat with Me

Benz Active Member

We all wonder about giving someone a second chances or you are given a second chance. The question would you jump if you receive a second chance. My answer probably be yes. Some people take it for granted until their world comes crashing down on you.

11. I look at this differently and harsher.
    Mistakes are made at work and in general, but when it comes to the heart and playing with affections that is something no explanation can fix.
    Someone cheats, they did it knowingly. Someone leads you on they knew your feelings and played to your emotions to their own ends.
    I don't forget betrayals and I don't forgive them either.
    I'm more of a realist, pragmatic and direct.
    Any apology would sound like an excuse or justification for someone's actions and I don't approve of it.
    It's made it so women in my life don't usually make an approach for a second chance, but it beats getting burned twice.

isurfer and TiredFrog like this.
  12. I would tend to agree - however, I can't say I've never given a second chance. On a very short leash.

In all fairness, I don't think the broken trust was ever repaired, and I usually ended the relationship for that reason.

13. KikiLover
    Chat with Me

KikiLover ♛ Middle Eastern Princess ♛

This is such an interesting thread,
    thanks for posting [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]