What Does Happiness Mean To You?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AveryLee, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Happiness is one of those things that are very subjective!
    Everyone has a different idea of the definition of what happiness is,
    and it's something that can change throughout the day, the week, even the year, as we grow older and learn more about the type of people we are, and how we want to project ourselves to the world.

My idea of happiness is helping others feel comfortable in their own skin, and bringing out the best of them. I strive to be sweet, and caring, and through that, I am able to feel the energy of others and it helps me with my own personal self care as well. So, I try my best to surround myself with amazing people who are happy as well!

Which all my clients offer that for me<3

Happiness is growth! Happiness is being your own true self, unapologetically!

Tell me what your idea of happiness is! [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

Leo Goodale and Nate in the box like this.
  2. My idea for happiness is new experiences and doing things that scare me. I feel very happy and content when I’m out doing those things. For me, one of my biggest fears is being at the end of my life and having many regrets. “I wish I would have......” “I should have......” Im happy with experiences and conquering scary things (which usually turn out to be not scary at all)

AveryLee likes this.
  3. That is a great answer! I love that philosophy. I just had a conversation like that with my mom recently, because going and seeing the world with my family is very important to me!
    Then the question comes, what was the scariest thing you've done, or you thought would be scary?!:)

Nate in the box likes this.
  4. Recovery from chemical dependency was the scariest thing I’ve ever done. Especially steps 5 and 9. (Sorry if things got heavy there) but I’m so glad along with the other 10 steps. Other things that scared me were skydiving and actually coming to the ranch! But I’m glad I did that too! Met some amazing people and can say I went skydiving!

AveryLee likes this.
  5. Oh not at all! :) That is something you should be really proud about! I am actually two years sober from alcohol! <3 So I have some sort of understanding! Thank you for sharing that, I know even talking about that can be hard!

I love the turbulence when I am in the airplane, and I've always wanted to sky dive!

And... we're not TOO scary here!:p:D

6. Thank you :) and congratulations on your two years, that’s awesome!

I’m glad I went skydiving, and would recommended it to anyone, but I might be a one and done kinda guy on that one lol!

Yeah, the ranch wasn’t scary. The person I met couldn’t have been more kind and compassionate. She made me feel very comfortable when I was there :)

But that brings up a question for me. When reading some of these reviews, a lot of people will say they had some nerves even walking through the front door. If you don’t mind me asking, do you girls ever get a bit nervous meeting someone new there? At the end of the day, regardless of how many emails, PM or even texts are sent, we’re still kinda of strangers too. I would imagine there would be some nerves at first too. But I could be wrong

AveryLee likes this.
  7. You're so sweet thank you! <3 Have you ever been on the It's a Small World Ride at Disneyworld? That's what I think skydiving would be like heh.

That is so awesome to hear. I am glad you had amazing time.

Oh yes, I do! Because, I always like to believe I am good at portraying who I am online, but you never know who someone truly is until you're face to face!
    And... when I have appointments, I sometimes don't have a face to a name, so it can be a surprise! :) Some guys like to be secretive of who they are too. heh
    I guess what it comes down to is hoping and anticipating that there is the same connection, if not more face to face!

8. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

Since my divorce, I’m trying to build a better relationship with my daughter. Sadly, I work all the time, and my daughter ends up spending most of the visitation time with my mom. Not that either of them mind. They’ve been pals since my daughter was born. My daughter is truly my light and I can’t imagine life without her. Being a dad makes me happy.

AveryLee likes this.
  9. jaxdrummer76
    Chat with Me

jaxdrummer76 Well-Known Member

Avery, I love your question here. For me, there are 3 things that come to mind that make me happy - the 2 jobs I have, playing drums and, lastly, doing something nice for someone when they are least expecting it (such as paying for someone's items in a store check out line). During my time doing either of these 3 things, I forget about my ongoing mental health and emotional struggles. They, quite honestly, are the only times I feel 100% confident about myself and what I might be able to contribute to this world.

Congratulations to you on being 2 years sober from alcohol. Even though we've never met in person, I remember interacting with you both before and after your sobriety. Can I just tell you that I have noticed many changes in you, all for the better? One of my close friends recently celebrated 7 years of sobriety from drugs. Seeing how real and difficult the struggle has been for her to stay clean and sober is eye-opening for me. It makes me very happy for you that you are, seemingly, on a good path now and possibly able to be a help to others with similar circumstances. Keep fighting, pretty lady! ❤

AveryLee likes this.
  10. That's a great answer! :) <3 I'm sure the joy of being a parent is amazing watching them grow up!

Old Nick likes this.

11. That's so awesome! I do that sometimes too, I always try to help people who are in need, because you never know when you might be in their shoes, and how hard it is to even ask for help! So sweet of you. Glad we have that in common.

Thank you so much! I am glad it shows. I've made a lot of life changes and I am so ready to make more this year seeing as it it has just begun! <3
    Thank you for being there through my journey

jaxdrummer76 likes this.
  12. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

It does suck that I have to watch her grow up as a single parent, but my marriage became very adversarial. My wife would make anything into a fight, and my daughter hated seeing it. I think my wife was trying to drive me away, but got angry when she actually succeeded.

Strangely enough, my daughter likes this arrangement better. She’s happier when she gets to visit me. I had to grow up the same way, visiting my dad on weekends, but I have no memory of my parents ever being together. They split when I was six months old. Then my mom got married five more times...twice to one guy. All ended in divorce. The only decent guy she had was my father.

I doubt I’ll get married again. Considering my luck in that area, meeting girls that couldn’t get away fast enough, having ridiculously short relationships, a long distance relationship that crashed and burned, and now a failed marriage, I’m better off where I’m at now, and much happier.