Well, there's a first time for everything, I guess.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slider, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Slider
    Chat with Me

Slider Well-Known Member

The good news: :I recently started a conversation here with a lady whom I've [quietly] admired for over a year. I took great care in composing the message and in being as complimentary, respectful and brief as I could (didn't want to waste her time.)

The bad news: :She never responded.

I've never had that happen before.

Considering the fact that nothing in my note was even remotely creepy, I'm at a loss as to why such a cordial, ice-breaking sort of supportive message would end up getting the silent treatment. (and no, she hasn't quit or been on vacation - she's made numerous forum posts and comments in the days and weeks since I wrote to her.)

Could it be that since I didn't actually ask her a question, but rather just said some positive things about her personality and her wit, and her appearance, perhaps she felt it didn't really require a reply? I don't know.

Thoughts? Thanks.

~ Slider
    . .

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    Sharky and pantera like this.
  2. I’ve sent messages to members and not gotten replies. It’s nothing to take personally or get upset about. Plenty of fishes in the sea, so to speak.

Good luck and happy partying! :)

ROADRUNNER J and RunningSquirrel like this.
  3. If you didn't ask a question she might have just considered it "fan support". Remember the ladies are hitting the busy season and tend to focus on questions, requests and appointment related messages.
    Maybe she'll see this and drop you a note though.

Slider likes this.
  4. Slider
    Chat with Me

Slider Well-Known Member

Well, even so, it takes... what... about three seconds to type "Hey thanks, bud" or whatever (eight seconds if you factor in browsing for an appropriate emoticon.) ----> ;)

Seems like a pretty small investment of time and energy when you consider all of what might've been lavished upon her as a result...
    I'll keep hope alive, my friend. :D .I'd of course love to hear from her.
    . .

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Sharky likes this.
  5. KikiLover
    Chat with Me

KikiLover ♛ Middle Eastern Princess ♛

This is such an interesting thread,
    thanks for posting [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]