The AFL's newest club

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BTFSTL, Mar 18, 2024.

1. BTFSTL
    Chat with Me

BTFSTL Well-Known Member

A good number of you know I'm a fan of Australian rules football; don't ask me what it's like. Suffice it to say it's a very unique game!!!

This morning (our time), the Australian Football League announced it's 19th club starting in 2028.

May I present...the Tasmania Devils: https://tasmaniafc.com/

BigAlbowski likes this.
  2. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

cumishaamado Love Virgins, Couples & Girlfriend Experience

Thanks @BTFSTL for sharing you amazing info!!! I miss you and you are awesome!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

BTFSTL likes this.
  3. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

cumishaamado Love Virgins, Couples & Girlfriend Experience

Thanks @BTFSTL for liking my post[smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

4. BigAlbowski
    Chat with Me

BigAlbowski Well-Known Member

Love that logo!!!!!![smilie=hi ya!.gif]

BTFSTL likes this.
  5. AudreyAllen
    Chat with Me

AudreyAllen Well-Known Member

Tazmanian Devils is the perfect name. I have to google it to figure out what it's all about

ColinSTL likes this.
  6. ColinSTL
    Chat with Me

ColinSTL Well-Known Member

As Brent and I have said about Aussie Rules Football: It's the world's most unique sport.

7. BTFSTL
    Chat with Me

BTFSTL Well-Known Member

Here's an AFL video explaining the footy:

8. AudreyAllen
    Chat with Me

BTFSTL thanks for sharing the video so I can get a better idea

BTFSTL likes this.
  9. BTFSTL
    Chat with Me

BTFSTL Well-Known Member

My pleasure Audrey!! :) It's certainly a favorite of mine; one of the first things I saw on ESPN when we first got cable in 1980!!

10. AmaraGunner
    Chat with Me

AmaraGunner Your natural blonde goddess

This is certainly an interesting sport, the video clarified a lot!

BTFSTL likes this.
  11. BTFSTL
    Chat with Me

BTFSTL Well-Known Member

Thanks Amara!! Been a fan for 40-plus years now; I've even umpired for a footy club here in St. Louis, where I live. There's a organization for Aussie Rules here in the States. the USAFL (usafl.com)

AmaraGunner likes this.
  12. AmaraGunner
    Chat with Me

AmaraGunner Your natural blonde goddess

Oh, wow! That’s pretty cool, especially getting to umpire. Thanks for sharing!

BTFSTL likes this.
  13. BTFSTL
    Chat with Me

BTFSTL Well-Known Member

Thanks!! I was a goal umpire for the club; those are the guys who point two fingers for a goal. Not as easy as it looks, believe me.

14. ColinSTL
    Chat with Me

Some great moments in this video, not only on the grounds, but in the commentary box as well. . .

15. ColinSTL
    Chat with Me

Also, one of the great traditions of AFL, which BTW, was originally known as the Victorian Football League, as the original clubs were from the Melbourne area, with the exception of the port city of Geelong, is that each team has their own club song. Here's the 18 club songs, one for teach team in the competition.

Incidentally, the Brisbane Lions were a merger of two failing clubs, the Fitzroy Lions in Melbourne, and the Brisbane Bears, a 1987 expansion team, the Sydney Swans were originally known as South Melbourne FC, who relocated to Sydney in 1982, and the Western Bulldogs were originally called Footscrey FC. So with that in mind. . .

16. BTFSTL
    Chat with Me

BTFSTL Well-Known Member

Speaking of which...

Here's the club songs no longer in the VFL/AFL:

Fitzroy Lions:

Brisbane Bears:

Footscray Bulldogs:

South Melbourne Swans:

17. AudreyAllen
    Chat with Me

BTFSTL yes, I can see that you're a true and blue fan

BTFSTL likes this.
  18. BTFSTL
    Chat with Me

BTFSTL Well-Known Member

Thanks Audrey!! :) These days the matches are on Fox Soccer Plus if you want to watch it...comes with my highest recommendation!!!!