Thank You Dennis

Discussion in 'Dennis Hof and Madam Suzette' started by gLip5, Oct 18, 2018.

1. gLip5
    Chat with Me

gLip5 Well-Known Member

To say that I was in shock to hear that my friend (and lets be real, he was a friend to each and every one of us) Dennis had passed away would be an understatement. It has taken me a few days to finally take in everything and try to focus my feelings into a post. I have a feeling that this will be a lengthy post, as I just wanted to share a few special moments that I remember of Dennis.

I remember the first time that I had met Dennis. It was during my first visit to the ranches back in November 2012. That weekend, the Love Ranch North & Bunny Ranch were throwing a birthday party for Crock Harker. The night of the Bunny Ranch's Birthday Party for Crock is when I met Dennis. I walked in and was greeted by some of the ladies and Crock, and Dennis was sitting where he would always hold court. Crock introduced me to Dennis, who greeted me with the biggest smile and asked me to join them. I was in total shock. Here I was, a fairly new board member, on my very first trip to the ranches, and Dennis himself was asking me to join him, the ladies he was sitting with, and Crock. Through out the night, Dennis was telling us all of these stories while having that huge smile on his face that he always had. I remember that when Dennis decided to retire for the night, leaving Crock and myself with some ladies, he shook my hand, thanked me for coming out, and said he looked forward to seeing me in the future.

I think one of the funniest stories that I have of Dennis really showed his generosity and hospitality to people. A few years ago, FreakyGeek and I were going to make a trip to the Southern Houses for a weekend. Prior to our trip, we had mentioned to Dennis that we would be headed down, and he told us that we would have a place to stay for the weekend. He emailed the staff letting them know that we would be coming down, and to make sure that there was a place for us to stay, and to make sure that they purchased a little extra food to make sure that we were fed during our stay. What we didn't know was there was something else that he had told the staff to do for us. When we got there, we put our bags in our rooms then made our way to the bar to grab a quick drink and hang out before meeting some of the ladies. FreakyGeek and I both ordered a shot of Patron (which is normal) and went to pay for our drinks. The bartender proceeded to tell us that Dennis said that all of our drinks for the weekend were taken care of. FreakyGeek and I looked at each other and our jaws just dropped. Dennis knew how much we could throw back, and for him to offer that was extremely generous. We both appreciated the gesture, but we told the bartender that we could not accept the generous offer.

Not only did Dennis show great generosity, he also brought people together. If it wasn't for Dennis, I would not have met some of the greatest people in my life. The friends that I have met at the ranches through Dennis have become life long friends. We have done trips together, gone to weddings, even lived together at one point. I never would've had the chance to meet these amazing people if it wasn't for Dennis, and for that, I am eternally grateful.

I cannot imagine the pain, heartache, and sorrow that Madam Suzette, the ladies, and all the staff at all of the houses are going through at this time. Dennis treated every single one of them, as well as us board members, like family. To Madam Suzette, all the ladies, and all the staff, my heartfelt condolences to each and everyone of you. Please know that not only do you have each other for support at this time, you have all of us board members that are here for all of you as well.

I mentioned this to one of the ladies yesterday in an DM exchange through twitter. Dennis considered all of us family, and one of my favorite quotes in life deals with family...

Ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind, or forgotten...

Dennis, you were truly ohana to me. Thank you for everything. Though you may not be with us physically, you will always be with every single one of us in spirit. I know you are up there looking down at us with a big smile on your face with your buddy Domino right next to you. Til we meet again my friend...

2. Beautifully put gLip, I hope I get to meet you soon, you sound very cool! I feel somewhat cheated to have just begun what I think would've been a neat friendship with Dennis. My media background and other life interests could have made us tight. RIP Dennis, you cool dude!

BrooklynMoore and gLip5 like this.
  3. gLip5
    Chat with Me

gLip5 Well-Known Member

Thank you Jess. Im sure that our paths will cross sometime in the future. That was the thing about Dennis. I feel that every friendship he had was a neat and meaningful friendship.

BrooklynMoore and Jessie Summers like this.
  4. Exactly, as I said in other posts, I met him twice, and I felt like an outsider both times. Within 30 seconds, he made me feel like the most important person in the room! An amazing gift!

5. origlegman
    Chat with Me

origlegman Well-Known Member

This is a beautiful tribute gLip and I can totally relate to your sentiments about The Man. Thank you for expressing the words and sentiments I have as of yet been unable to do.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
    BrooklynMoore likes this.
  6. alk47
    Chat with Me

alk47 Active Member

Perfectly stated Mr. Glip! 2012 was also my 1st time going to MBR and have visited the ranches off and on over the years. Our memories of Dennis is what will keep his legacy alive.

Gone but not forgotten Mr. Hof!

Cicero

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Crock_Harker
    Chat with Me

Crock_Harker Well-Known Member

I remember this night very well. When I first saw you, you were sitting in the parlor by yourself on one of the benches with a hat on pulled down so you could barely see your eyes and your head was slightly down. You seemed so shy and quiet. But it didn't take you long to open up and come out of your shell! HAHA!!! This was a very memorable night...one of the many, MANY, memorable nights we had together.

BrooklynMoore, auron79, alk47 and 2 others like this.
  8. auron79
    Chat with Me

auron79 Well-Known Member

Terrific post gLip and thank you for sharing these wonderful memories you had with Dennis.
    I first met him in 09 and the last time was last year on my birthday. I was seeing Alice that night and he invited me to join him and a few of the ladies to dinner. That whole evening he so kind and welcoming to me. I still remember him being so sweet and friendly to the little boy whose parents worked at the restaurant. That's what kind of man he was.
    No matter if it was your first trip out to the Ranches or you have been coming out for years, Dennis always embraced you like family.

9. I'm going to miss everybody on the Boards, I'm totally heart broken. If you all get chance to come out to Vegas. Please stop at Alien Cathouse and see me. I'm still family to Dennis Brothels, it's just I can not go up North and it sucks. I feel like I'm getting left behind:(

auron79 likes this.
  10. Thank you for sharing sweetie, that is so thoughtful of you and I bet it was difficult to write this. He will always be remembered and will never be forgotten. He was and will continue to be remembered and loved[smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

11. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

cumishaamado Love Virgins, Couples & Girlfriend Experience

Thanks @gLip5 for sharing your heartwarming post!!! Dennis and Domino are now in heaven together!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

IMG_7852.JPG

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    TeganTreasures, alk47 and joe moll like this.
  12. Thank you for sharing sweetie

He will be truly missed and we will see him one day up above :)

13. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Thanks @joe moll for liking my post!!! You are a "Sweetheart"!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

14. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Thanks @alk47 for liking my post!!! You are awesome!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

alk47 likes this.
  15. alk47
    Chat with Me

alk47 Active Member

Its nice seeing that pic of The Man and his dog. They have reunited again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Awe - Thanks for your kind words and compliments!!! They loved each other!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

17. ChloeCakes
    Chat with Me

ChloeCakes Feeling Playful until Dec 17th! 3pm-3am daily

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Jessie Summers likes this.
  18. AudreyAllen
    Chat with Me

AudreyAllen Well-Known Member

gLip5, you're very good with words, quite heartfelt. I've no doubt that this post would've meant a lot to him

gLip5 likes this.
  19. gLip5
    Chat with Me

gLip5 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much Miss @AudreyAllen. He was a good man and a good friend.

20. AudreyAllen
    Chat with Me

gLip5 you must be a good man as Dennis was friendly to all but a friend to those who meant something special to him

gLip5 likes this.
  21. gLip5
    Chat with Me

gLip5 Well-Known Member

Thank you Miss @AudreyAllen. I try to be one. But there are those times where I can be a pain, lol.

22. AudreyAllen
    Chat with Me

gLip5 at least you're honest, ha ha. I think we can all be a pain at times

gLip5 likes this.