Sex Science: Want Better Sex? Stop Smoking

Discussion in 'LoveRanch North Lovers Forum (Reno-Carson City)' started by AustinShelby, Feb 19, 2020.

1. upload_2020-2-19_4-38-44.jpeg
    Smoking decreases libido and blood flow, limits sexual performance

WebMD

When Mark Jordan was a 22-year-old substitute teacher in Phoenix, he had been smoking for about a year and noticed the fire in his love life was no longer raging.

"Sex was suddenly getting boring," he says. "I didn't want to have it. I would get out of breath so easily, and I simply felt gross." While he averaged only half a pack a day, he often smoked much more on the weekends. The effects were not good.

I remember having sex in the shower and feeling like I was going to pass out," he says. That was a turning point. He stopped smoking, started exercising, and began to eat right. After the changes, he had a much greater interest in sex and enjoys it more than ever.

Being able to dump the cigarettes is a real accomplishment -- especially when you consider how smoking can become intertwined with the intimacy of a relationship. Last year, for example, researchers at the University of Arizona began to study couples where at least one member of the relationship smoked.

The investigators began to realize that smokingactually became a method of subtle communication for members of the couples being studied. Lighting up gave clues to each partner that it was time to talk, time to give space, or even time to defend yourself because a world-class argument was about to begin.

The federally funded study is scheduled to go on for another year, and hopefully, will provide methods to help counsel couples how to recognize cigarettes as an abusive third member of their relationship. If couples are going to weed the habit from their lives, the researchers say they will have to find other ways to relate to each other, and more often than just during the familiar after-sex smoke.

The smokers reported having sex less than six times a month, whereas the nonsmoking men were having sex nearly twice as often. This difference is especially significant considering that these couples were actively trying to conceive. "In current research, we are trying to identify how and why tobacco use negatively impacts men's sexual performance. In my clinical experience, it does decrease performance. Sexual performance is more than just erectile function; it involves many of the systems of the body," says Zavos. "But when a man's ability to have sex decreases, his appetite for sex will generally follow."

Zavos found that when diminished desire is combined with impaired performance, overall satisfaction is likely to suffer. When asked to rate their satisfaction with the sex they were having on a scale of 1 to 10, nonsmoking couples averaged 8.7, while couples with male smokers fared far worse with an average of only 5.2. "There's no doubt in my mind," says Zavos, "that nearly any man's sexual satisfaction and frequency [of having sex] would increase if he stopped smoking."

Other experts agree that smoking can impair sexual performance. "Smoking causes damage to smooth muscle inside the penis that interferes with erectile functioning," says Richard Milsten, MD, co-author of The Sexual Male and a urologist for more than 30 years in Woodbury, N.J. "So if men can't perform as well, it would make sense that their libidos would suffer." However, Milsten cautions against simple explanations for sexual behavior. "There are so many factors in sexuality. Smoking is just one. Still, I don't think it's outlandish to say that refraining from smoking will benefit your sex life."

WebMD FeatureReviewed by Charlotte E. Grayson Mathis, MD

Austin Hays
    upload_2020-2-19_4-30-14.jpeg

St Patrick’s Brothel Crawl 3/13-15

Luxury GFE. Contact me for outdates to Brothel Crawl, Brothel Parties, Carson City, Virginia City, Reno, Lake Tahoe

Contact
    Email: [email protected]
    Twitter: @AustinHaysxoxo
    Instagram: @austinhaysxo
    BR Board: @AustinHays

Picture Gallery:
    https://www.bunnyranch.com/forum/index.php?media/users/austinhays.12089/

LiveStream
    Every FRIDAY 6P W/9P E

https://livestream.com/bunnyranch/loveranchlive

aztecwarrior2881 and Old Nick like this.
  2. kmerrill
    Chat with Me

kmerrill Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm so glad I'm a non-smoker then. :)

AustinShelby likes this.
  3. Jim DiGriz
    Chat with Me

Jim DiGriz Well-Known Member

This is a useful article, and thank you for posting it. But I have to comment on this:

"If couples are going to weed the habit from their lives"
    I'd think that if I were trying to quit smoking, that's not the alternative I'd go with!

4. You might be a bit confused? She’s holding a cigarette...lol. Smoking cigarettes smells nasty!

5. Cigarettes smell gross, on the body and in the air!

Old Nick and kmerrill like this.
  6. kmerrill
    Chat with Me

kmerrill Well-Known Member

The smell of cigarette smoke is probably my #1 turn-off. Yuck! :mad:

AustinShelby likes this.
  7. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

I only have the occasional cigar, and that’s only when I’m burning junk mail in my burn bucket. I’m told it’s good for my Chron’s. My ex was a huge smoker. Horrible habit. I told my daughter she better not start smoking.

AustinShelby likes this.
  8. I'm glad that I never smoked anything my whole life.

AustinShelby likes this.
  9. Thank you everyone for commenting! [smilie=i love you1.gif]I think it’s important to discuss issues that impact sexual health, from physical to mental, it all ties together.
    My next topic will be on alcohol & sex.

Old Nick likes this.
  10. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I already have an answer on that. I don’t drink at all. I’ve been drunk once coz a friend kept feeding me shots and Long Islands. I’m a funny drunk, but I don’t enjoy it.

AustinShelby likes this.
  11. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

My ex used to smoke in the car. I don’t have that car anymore.

AustinShelby likes this.
  12. If it was fabric seats the resale value goes down in smoking cars...get rid of ex and car, package deal

Old Nick likes this.