possible hernia surgery

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sakaki, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Sakaki
    Chat with Me

Sakaki Well-Known Member

I have had a hernia since i was 14 years old. 10 years ive dealt with the on and off pain all of a sudden this week its been the worst pain of my life. I went to the doctor and they are going to refer me to a surgeon. I am scared but i know i dont have any other choice if its causing me this much pain i have to do something. Just wanted to put it out there. If any of you have had hernia surgery im interested in what the recovery is like and what precautions you took to not reinjure yourself.

Power&glory83 and AsiaFoxxx like this.
  2. Have your pain prescription filled quickly after the surgery (or before if possible). The most surprising thing that will probably occur is:
    "You may have dark purple bruises at your groin, penis, scrotum, and/or upper thigh. Do not be alarmed. This is just body fluid resulting from your hernia repair that is being pulled down by gravity toward these organs. The dark color is usually noticeable 3-5 days after surgery and goes away within 2 weeks. No treatment is necessary."(https://www.surgeryencyclopedia.com/Fi-La/Inguinal-Hernia-Repair.html)
    Talk about blue balls!

AsiaFoxxx likes this.
  3. Arthur Dent
    Chat with Me

Arthur Dent Well-Known Member

Good luck. You'll be glad you did it when it's over and you don't have to live with the pain.

AsiaFoxxx likes this.
  4. Good luck with the surgery I hope it all works out for the best !

5. That’s very true rather get it out the way than deal with pain on other days

6. This is some sound advice ! Take heed !

7. Keep us posted for your recovery, @Sakaki! :)

8. Good luck with your surgery Sakaki! Follow YOUR surgeon's orders. He knows what you need to do to make HIS work on you heal the best.

A lot of input from others is good, but at the end of the day. do exactly what YOUR doctor tells you to do.

Good luck,

God speed!

Happy healing!

9. Sakaki
    Chat with Me

Sakaki Well-Known Member

November 14th is the surgery I am scared. Closest thing ive had to surgery was having my wisdom teeth taken out. . At least with that I'd still be able to work. With this ill be out 2 weeks with only 60 percent of my normal pay. Ill be on light duty for a few more weeks. Money is the biggest issue

10. Sakaki
    Chat with Me

Sakaki Well-Known Member

Well tommorow is the day I fix my hernia of 10 yrs. So nervous

renark likes this.
  11. Arthur Dent
    Chat with Me

Arthur Dent Well-Known Member

Good luck.

12. Power&glory83
    Chat with Me

Power&glory83 Well-Known Member

Heal up broski. Pain is temporary

13. Sakaki
    Chat with Me

Sakaki Well-Known Member

It all went ok. Don't fill good moving around its a challenge getting up and sitting down when I need too

renark likes this.