Possible arguments to convince the task force

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jim DiGriz, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Jim DiGriz
    Chat with Me

Jim DiGriz Well-Known Member

Anyone can comment on this, but it's really for the staff at the ranches that're addressing the task force. Feel free to use as is or modified.:

There are two points to differentiate brothels from businesses that need to be closed:

1. The virus won't expire or die out over time - the purpose of the lockdowns was to keep the rate of infection low enough so hospitals could handle it. So businesses where either (1) large number of people come into contact at once or (2) individuals come into contact with others in quick succession needed to be banned. But a brothel not only isn't these things, it's the complete opposite of these things. There's no group contact at all, and individual contact is at a very, very slow pace. So brothels do not affect a hospital's ability to handle the virus.

2. It's the close positioning of people during sex that can increase transmission, not the purchasing of services itself. If the state viewed this as a concern it would ban not the purchasing of services, but sex itself. Since the state views sex as reasonable between individuals, it is equally reasonable with a provider. This is particularly true since individuals don't do health checks with their partners, but brothels always do health checks and those checks are extensive.

2. TiredFrog
    Chat with Me

TiredFrog Well-Known Member

You have good points, but from what I've been able to follow in NV, the task force isn't interested in facts or science. This appears to be just a plain pissing contest with people in charge not thinking the brothels are worthy of consideration. They're forgetting the huge amounts of taxes paid to the counties in which the brothels are located and the positive effects they have on the voters there. This is simply another means to close them as the ballot measure a year or so ago didn't work.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  3. lover5
    Chat with Me

lover5 Well-Known Member

Yes true haters out there of the brothels I'm all for safety but also a supporter of the ladies and the industry had some great times over the years

4. Jim DiGriz
    Chat with Me

Jim DiGriz Well-Known Member

You may be right (because I don't know who's on the commission), but I also wanted to give the brothels the most convincing (but short) arguments that could change things.

P.S.: You say "They're forgetting the huge amounts of taxes paid to the counties in which the brothels are located and the positive effects they have on the voters there."

There's an old quote that applies particularly well to government: "When someone else is paying, no cost is too high for virtue."

Slider likes this.