Paying for a Party

Discussion in 'Dennis Hof and Madam Suzette' started by User4574, Oct 19, 2008.

1. I don't know that this is the appropriate forum, but I'm hoping it is.
    It's time for me to get off my lazy ass and start budgeting for a trip.

I don't want to go just for a quickie, I want to go and have a great time, and I know that's not going to be cheap.

I would like to know what the best way to pay WITHOUT a credit card is.
    I don't like credit cards - first I got into trouble and had to get myself out. Then a few years later there was a fraudulent charge on a card that was a mess to get straightened out. Eventually it was straightened out, but it was a nightmare. I have one credit card, it's emergency only, and it has an intentional low limit ($1,000) to prevent it's abuse should it be stolen.

What I would like to do is open a savings account at a bank that has a branch in Carson City. That savings account could then have a debit card attached to it, and when I have saved up enough to go, I can go into the Carson City branch with all my identification etc. and either get the daily debit limit removed for use at the bunny ranch, or preferably if it is possible, get a bank check I can give to the bunny ranch from which my charges will be deducted and when I leave, any I didn't spend (the goal of course would be to spend as much as I could and have one hell of a time) could then be transferred back to my savings account.

I currently bank with Washington Mutual - which was just bought out by Chase. Is there a wamu branch in Carson City? It looks like there is on N Main Street, but I'm not sure my directory of wamu branches is accurate in light of their financial crisis, I don't know if any branches got closed.

If not, any suggestions on banks in Carson City that also have branches in California?

What about travelers checks, would bringing a stack of travelers checks work?

I'm trying to avoid using a credit card or carrying a smurfload of cash.

Thanks for suggestion, I'm sure I'm not the first person with a hard-on who doesn't like credit cards.

2. There are both a Wells Fargo and a Bank of America in Carson.

We do accept travelers checks and you could buy them in the increments you desire.

I do believe that the Wamu in Carson is closed.

In regards to a bank check, best to check with mgmt on that one! kisses Fire

3. Thank you!
    I'll open up a saving account at BofA then, there's one fairly close to where I work.

4. kevinz0071
    Chat with Me

kevinz0071 Well-Known Member

I always bring cash but I understand the nervousness of carrying around large sums of money in cash. i would go with Bank of America but make sure that the debit card is working properly or get cash from the bank in Carson city when you arrive a suggestion you could have the ranch Driver bring you to the bank then back to the Ranch just brainstorming here

5. That's what I plan to do - make sure from the local branch that I know all of what will be required of me to withdraw from the Carson branch in person. I suspect just my ID and bank card, but being an out of state ID and in a branch I've never been in before, they may want a little more scrutiny.

I might just get a stack of travelers checks rather than cash, even though it costs a little more, there's a little more protection.
    I'll get cash too, cash is probably better for the bar and tipping the girl. But if I think I'll spend, say, $6,000 on a party (I want a really good time) that's an awful lot of cash to have no recourse on should someone see my out of state plates, figure out what I'm doing, and decide to jack me.

6. btw - that number was just off the top of my head, I've no clue what I really am going to spend, haven't even thought that much about it - but I don't want just a cheap thrill experience (well, maybe for round 2, who knows .... I think I want to save a bunch and spend it all until I only have gas money left)

7. Hey user, I am pretty sure Visa and Mastercard offer "gift cards". You put the amount you want on the card and can be used just like credit cards (Not sure about what would happen if they were lost or stolen or a limit on how much you can put on a card) but it may another option to ponder.

http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/prep ... _card.html

8. I'm not sure about the gift cards, but pre-paid credit cards generally have a daily limit.
    I don't want to end up in a situation where someone with a desk job decides the charge is too big and I have to argue with them over the phone.
    Trust me - the customer service on the gift cards sucks.

I gave a $100 amex gift card to my niece and when she tried to use it, they declined it and when my sister called the number on the back, they had the gall to ask her for the zip code where it was purchased. She had to call me and get that from me. No - I'd rather just use travelers checks from a bank. They don't cost that much. It's 2% - free if you are an advantage checking account holder.

Using the number I pulled out my arse - 2% of 6G = $120 - not that much.

9. and long before I'm ready to party, I'll have the minimum in savings for free advantage checking, so the travelers checks will be no cost to me.
    Definitely the way to go.

10. JUST BRING ENOUGH 4 ME AND ALL THE BUNNIES...AND THE DRINKS WILL BE ON ME :wink:

SMOOCHES
    VERONICA VAVOOM
    [smilie=heart fill with love.gif] :oops: [smilie=heart fill with love.gif] :oops: [smilie=heart fill with love.gif] :oops: [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

11. You could get your cc limit raised before you get here, its easy, just a phone call.

WaMu is in reno and a pain to get to but possible.

In cc we have the big three, US Bank, B of A & Wells Fargo along with many others.

Some clients send Suzette money orders or cashier checks to put on account.

I hope this helps, let me know when your going to party here so I can meet you.

12. never really thought of sending money order or cashier check in advance
    to stop walking around with so much Cash(thanks)
    glad i read this post... :idea: