MISSION COMPLETE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hikino, Sep 3, 2019.

1. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

With @ImogenSteele, I just completed my trifecta of fun with the houses of the cul de sac! And together, we broke her no outdate curse, in grand fashion!

The trifecta began with an outdate that became an overnighter with @ChristineFowler of Love Ranch North. She is the main reason why I travelled to Nevada, and it was a wonderful night we had together.

The next day, and still feeling a bit groggy from a lack of sleep the night before, I joined the wonderful @cumishaamado of Kit Kat, to go to Reno (well, actually Sparks) for the rib festival. Good thing we discussed our plans beforehand and did the party portion first. We would've been too hot, too full of ribs and smelling of ribs, smoke and sweat to have a good time afterwards. She was a bubbly, energetic host and does she know her ribs!

I finally completed the trifecta with @ImogenSteele of Sagebrush this afternoon. She was the second reason why I went to Nevada. We went to Poke Doke in Carson City (she told me later she was going crazy not having poke to eat) which we both enjoyed (I have to admit, they did a good job, and I'm comparing it against the home of poke, Hawaii). We then retired to my hotel room, and while I can't disclose details, I will say the hotel knew we were having fun (at one point I heard one of my neighbors either cheering or jeering us on). The look and glow of Imogen's face was priceless.

I fly home tomorrow, happy that, well, I'm alive and unhurt (Cumisha at one point questioned me about what I was doing, and with it spoken aloud, then I really thought WTF am I doing?!) but secure in the knowledge that I made great memories, and brought joy, into my life and the lives of these three ladies.

2. Wow @hikino!
    You really are one awesome island guy!
    I had the best time ever today hanging out with you. The beautiful lei you gave me, the poke and of course...the sizzling hotness!
    I can’t wait till you come back to Sagebrush again.
    I will be missing you my Hawaiian honey bear xoxo IMG_0050.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benz and grizzly like this.
  3. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

I would be remiss if I didn't also mention the ladies of the cul de sac at Love Ranch North, Sagebrush Ranch and Kit Kat. I enjoyed talking and meeting all of you, spending time in the kitchen at Kit Kat eating Cumisha's wonderful cooking (and later, the rack of ribs we brought back for the ladies), meeting Uncle Bob and hearing his hilarious Hawaii stories (the volcano hike story is a hoot). I also finally met the elusive and effervescent @Kiteh Kawasaki™ , whom I trade barbs with on both the livestream and Twitter. And to the various staff members I met, thank you for your help and support and putting up with my bad jokes (but I was serious about having a discount since I was playing pack mule for Cumisha at the rib festiveal).

I also want to thank @MadamSuzette, for presenting the opportunity to meet all these wonderful people. I hope you received the lei I brought.

ImogenSteele likes this.
  4. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

And a final thank you to the people here on the board and livestream, who have both cheered me on and supported my effort when I floated the trifecta plan. Though some questioned the wisdom of it, and some said I was a machine, your words have been encouraging. I have the feeling when I sign into the first livestream upon arrival at home, I'll end up hijacking the stream when everyone says, "He's here!" "He's alive!" "How was it?" "Did you see/say hi to xxxx?" "How was Cumi's lumpias/cooking?" "What's a Poke Doke?" "So you broke the outdate curse?"

And they will ask the most important question of them all: "When will you go back?"

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    Benz, grizzly and RunningSquirrel like this.
  5. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

If there is one negative to all of this, it's Fed Ex Reno. I swear, they still must be using the original ponies from the Pony Express.

I brought up food goodies with me, carrying it in my bags. It was mostly toffee covered mac nuts and caramel covered mac nut popcorn. I bought up one of those bulk sized coffee bags from Costco for @AbbyAvery and roasted mac nuts for @JuniperJones (due to her chocolate allergy) as well. They were received with great delight and appreciation.

The other half of my plan was to present leis, along with the goodies. The leis were to have intercepted me at the hotel, and when I went out to the ranches the next day to pay my respects, pay and finalize plans/details, I would present the goodies and the leis together. I also bought, for Christine in honor of our outdate, a lei called a Christina (named after the creator's daughter). It left Hawaii the day prior to me, and all the updates indicated it was either just ahead of me or travelling in tandem with me. All was fine until it got to the Reno sorting station.....

….and then it stayed in the Reno sorting station. I was hoping I would get it Saturday but it didn't happen. Monday no delivery due to the holiday. I finally got it today, and hastily alerted everyone (by then, I had to let the surprise out) that I was coming. But they were all warmly received, and despite being in the chill boxes for so long, the leis held up.

So, Fed Ex Reno, two day delivery means two HUMAN/CALENDAR days, not dog days. Pardon my French, but this kind of shit doesn't happen in Hawaii. You would think an island operation would run on Hawaiian time, but they were the strong point, and they were on time and on target. Reno ran on Hawaiian time.

AbbyAvery and ImogenSteele like this.
  6. auron79
    Chat with Me

auron79 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time out there Hikino. The hotel cheering you both on is a awesome memory in itself.
    I wish you safe travels and hope you return back to the Ranches for more memorable reunions.

ImogenSteele likes this.
  7. Awesome review! Thanks for sharing! :)

8. IMG_0051.JPG

9. Totally worth the wait for the leis! I got to gift mine on to Miss Bailey Page, who wore it on Sagebrush Livestream last night. Bailey was so touched to wear a floral Hawaiian lei for the first time. Such a special feeling. Thank you so much for all your treats @hikino

10. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

I saw part of it on the plane. I couldn't get the wireless working on my phone so I had to break out the laptop. But it wasn't discrete, and I had two young children seating behind me so I decided to nix it. But I did manage see Bailey with the lei on.

I saw the livestream when I got home. It's going to be crazy when I get on the Kit Kat livestream and everyone sees me.

11. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

I'm just glad that we broke the no outdate curse, and man, did we break it! And I fed you poke! And when the girls brag about poke bowls, let me know. I have a few pics of the local poke bowls stored in my phone and desktop.

And you made the right move to gift Bailey. I don't think a lei would've gone with that nurse outfit but it did match Bailey perfectly.

12. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

cumishaamado Love Virgins, Couples & Girlfriend Experience

Thanks again for an awesome time and the beautiful lei and for mentioning me in your post. You are a “Sweetheart” and let’s keep in touch.

13. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

I will. The repercussions of my visit will be felt for a long time amongst the cul de sac.

14. Panathropist
    Chat with Me

Panathropist Well-Known Member

You are my hero!! Great job - I know the ladies loved the gifts!

15. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

They went nuts! While I didn't know it at the time (since I was driving back to the hotel), Twitter lit up from Christine and Abby about the gifts. If the leis were there with me, as I had planned? I think they would've fainted.

The part that still irks me is that I couldn't have the lei for Christine in time for our outdate. It would've complemented her perfectly, and all eyes would've been on her.

16. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

And a pleasure to meet you as well, Roxy. Maybe one day we'll share some Double Tree cookies together?

17. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

Thank you. I returned home Wednesday night and finally shook off the last of the jet lag today. In fact, I'm playing domestic god, doing the laundry, making ice for my mom (using the ice maker is a mystery to her) and dumping the rubbish. Yep, back into routine.

You bet I'll return one day. But the bank account needs to heal a bit....but it was worth it.

RunningSquirrel and auron79 like this.
  18. auron79
    Chat with Me

auron79 Well-Known Member

Good to hear you returned home safe. When the time is right you'll be ready to head back for some great times!

19. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

I agree. I also will be armed with the knowledge that Fed Ex Reno is a soup sandwich, and I'll plan accordingly. Might be forced to hand carry or place everything into my baggage. I can secure leis at the airport here, but I couldn't do it on this trip since I was taking a 7:30 a.m. flight to LAX, and you have to be there two hours prior to check in, TSA and Hawaii ag inspection, etc. Earliest the lei stands open is 6. So that's why I ordered the leis and had them shipped to meet me at the hotel.

auron79 likes this.
  20. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

Fun fact: This was my first time in Nevada, and to the ranches. That shocked some of the ranch support staff, and some of the ladies as well.

Benz likes this.
  21. KikiLover
    Chat with Me

KikiLover ♛ Middle Eastern Princess ♛

This is such an interesting thread,
    thanks for posting [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]