Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's Everyone!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JerryVestal, Dec 10, 2022.

1. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's! I would like for all of us to share your favorite songs, movies, and fond memories and as what you like to do on Christmas Day and New Year's, as well as who you spend the Holidays with, even if someone's else's is the same on a previous post on this thread, go ahead and post the same, we all would love to hear it and see it.

2. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

When I worked for Layton City Parks, I used to look forward to the Christmas season, as it meant watching the Christmas display. There were also hayrides around the Christmas display. For a few years, I was the only one doing this. It was easy work. Just sit in the truck, bring a book, magazines, or in my case, my Game Boy, PSP, or Nintendo DS.

Then it opened to volunteers. I wasn’t the only one doing this. I also had to work traffic around the circle. After my departure from Layton Parks, my brother in law who still works there told me that Parks no longer watches the lights display. Rec does. But Parks still has to haul the stuff to and from the circle.

But yeah, it was great playing a new game in the truck. That’s one of a few things I miss at the city.

Marlin Groce Jr and JerryVestal like this.
  3. Awe such a neat thought for a holiday thread!

Well Christmas for me is a up-in-the-air holiday, no real traditions, like spending it with any particular family or friends, I just see where the holiday takes me. But if I have a chance, I like doing the movie theater thing after dinner on christMas day. Plus at least three times in the week pre-seeding Christmas I watch The Christmas Story! “You’ll shoot your eye out”

new years brings me TWO fun times. It’s new years and My birthday so I sometimes go all out with dinner, a show and drinks.
    Last year I spent ringing the new year in with my high school friend at the beach!
    This year I have plans but it’s for a week after my actual bday and new years. ONE day though I’d love to actual be in NY to watch the ball drop on person!

4. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

Some of my favorite songs to share with you all this Christmas season.

Old Nick and grizzly like this.
  5. BigAlbowski
    Chat with Me

BigAlbowski Well-Known Member

merry-christmas.jpg
    A Very Merry Christmas to Everyone!!!

Al