About Me Look at this stuff- isn't it neat?

Discussion in 'Sagebrush Ranch Carson City Forum' started by Delilah Rae, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

Delilah Rae Where secret desires become realities

It’s been a while so I thought I’d do another facts about me! Have you ever noticed people collect a lot of weird things? Well I guess weird isn’t the right word but random might be better. Either way I thought I’d share a couple of the weird things I collect and why!

1. Corsets. I’ve collected corsets my entire adult life. In fact when I visited London I spent an ENTIRE day (I’m not kidding like 5 hours) wandering London looking for a specific store called What Katie Did that does custom corsets. I didn’t have a cell with GPS and I couldn’t find it on a map so I only had directions I printed off from google maps from the hostel I stayed in. Now my collection is up to around 6-8 corsets.

A lot of well made corsets are a bit more expensive just because of the quality of well being well made. One of my fav online retailers for corsets is either What Katie Did, Orchard Corset and Corset Story online. I have a 30-31 inch waist so I typically buy sizes 28 or so. I will sometimes use a corset as a much more fashionable back brace.

DSC_4588.JPG

2. I love to collect mugs and tea cups. If I see a cute mug or a random china tea cup I have to hold myself back from buying it. I love curling up in a MN winter with a hot cup of tea and maybe a splash of whiskey and a bit of lemon. I think I own like three glasses and fifty mugs...

images.jpg

3. Chess sets. I have lived in several places around the world and for each country I go to I buy A chess set. I love unusual or weirdly carved chess sets. An amazing client just sent me a photo of a beautifully carved Alice and Wonderland chess set. I found this SUPER cool key set and now I know what's on my Xmas list!

images-2.jpg

4. Craft supplies. I don’t know if this one really counts as a collection but I have to be physically dragged from a local yarn store. I will buy everything and then come back and buy more. I know how to crochet, knit, sew, cross stitch and I’m currently learning to spin. My living room is TAKEN OVER with my fabric, yarn and roving stash. If I'm sitting still I almost always have a project in my hands.
    1. download.jpg

What fun things do you collect? Drop me a picture and tell me why!​

2. I collect plates from different states i like to learn about states

Attached Files:

Delilah Rae likes this.
  3. Built tough
    Chat with Me

Built tough Well-Known Member

I love how erotic a corset is ;) I don’t collect really anything but currency from each country I visit. I try to find a specific coin for each location.

4. grizzly
    Chat with Me

grizzly Well-Known Member

I really am digging your corsets @Delilah Rae love how they look on a lady!!

I will have to take some pictures later, but my collection is eclectic

I have 2 SAD Irons that belonged to my grandma
    sad iron.jpg

I have a couple of books that are almost 200 yrs old from the Civil War time period (Pics to come)

An antique bar set from a now defunct insurance company that gave it away as a promotional item from my grandma

I love picking up and collecting stuff from my travel whether it be a rock that spoke to me or was pretty, or an old antique. The older the better.

5. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

That's so cool! I love learning about the places I travel to too!

Leo Goodale likes this.
  6. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

Oh my god I didn't even think about this one! I do the exact same thing!!

Leo Goodale and Built tough like this.
  7. Awesome read! Thank you for sharing!! xoxox

8. auron79
    Chat with Me

auron79 Well-Known Member

Cool collections Delilah!! Do you have any comic book themed coffee mugs?

9. Wish you well with your spinning wheel! :)

10. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

I'm not saying I'd give my left arm to hold those books but I'd think about it. I"ve acutally used one of those Irons!!! They're HARD to work with!

11. JuniperJones
    Chat with Me

JuniperJones Well-Known Member

Looks like you’re always having a great time ;)

Leo Goodale likes this.
  12. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

cumishaamado Love Virgins, Couples & Girlfriend Experience

Awesome info!!! Book your fabulous party with @Delilah Rae today!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

Leo Goodale likes this.
  13. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

a
    Thanks Cumisha! You're such a sweetie!

Leo Goodale likes this.
  14. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

It's my pleasure and you're welcome!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

Leo Goodale likes this.
  15. FinleyWest
    Chat with Me

FinleyWest Merry Christmas to all of you who celebrate it.

What a fun and interesting thread. Thank you for sharing. I'm sure you have found some spectacular corsets!

Leo Goodale likes this.
  16. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

I'm really excitd to try it! So far the hand spinning has been going great- I have my first hank of home spun yarn!

Leo Goodale and RunningSquirrel like this.
  17. I’m sure your craft room is VERY impressive, Delilah! :)

Leo Goodale and RunningSquirrel like this.
  18. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Awesome info!!! Book your fabulous party with @Delilah Rae today!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

Leo Goodale likes this.
  19. PandoraNyx
    Chat with Me

PandoraNyx Well-Known Member

I LOVE What Katie Did corsets. One of my dream corsets is the Morticia corset by them. I loved meeting you! <3 lots of love your way.

Xo
    Pandora

Leo Goodale likes this.
  20. wrb55rosco
    Chat with Me

wrb55rosco Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen the website. That www.darkgarden.com has. They are from San Francisco Ca. . They make corsets ,from custom,to off the rack.......

21. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

YES! They are beautiful! I sadly don't own one... yet

Leo Goodale likes this.
  22. PandoraNyx
    Chat with Me

PandoraNyx Well-Known Member

I've tried the Dollymop underbust on. It's the most comfortable tight lace I've ever had. Im working towards getting mine custom!

Xo
    Pandora

Leo Goodale likes this.
  23. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Thanks @Leo Goodale for liking my post!!! You are a "Sweetheart"!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

Leo Goodale likes this.
  24. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

I'm still curious to know what new hobbies or collecting people have started to do during the pandemic.