PIC THREAD IM SO UPSET WITH AMERICAN AIRLINES

Discussion in 'Kit Kat Ranch Forum (Carson City)' started by StacyPretty, Aug 17, 2019.

1. StacyPretty
    Chat with Me

StacyPretty Companion At Love Ranch North

Omg! My loves you won’t believe this.

I’m a lover of pastel colors and vintage things. I bought some super cute luggage off of amazon and the airlines just completely ruined it.

I put pictures at the bottom if you’re curious of how it looks. It’s terrible! I’m just so crushed and devastated.

They handle my luggage very poorly. It happened on my travel back. When I was at my destination my luggage was fine but when I got back here and saw my back coming through the conveyer belt my mouth just dropped. I have to wait two weeks to see if they will even reimburse me. It’s ridiculous.

Down below are the before and after :(

Oh goodness someone help lol! IMG_9552.jpg

IMG_9439.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Holy cows! That’s terrible Stacy! I’m sorry that happened to you

aztecwarrior2881 and StacyPretty like this.
  3. StacyPretty
    Chat with Me

The worst part is that they broke my luggage with the cover on it.
    View attachment 183523

4. StacyPretty
    Chat with Me

It’s ok:(. It just sucks so much and I can’t just keep chipping money out on a new one lol

Nate in the box likes this.
  5. That really sucks. I hope you are reimbursed, not only for the amount of the luggage, but also with airline miles too. And with an apology letter.

aztecwarrior2881 likes this.
  6. It’s not, it’s careless. You deserve reimbursement. I don’t mean to be preachy or anything, it’s just not okay

StacyPretty likes this.
  7. StacyPretty
    Chat with Me

I know! I want to tweet these photos to them because it’s ridiculous! I have my receipt on how recent I purchased it. I literally received the bags the 3rd or this month. I haven’t even had the bag a full month! :(

8. They need to make that right for you. Don’t let them off the hook

StacyPretty likes this.
  9. StacyPretty
    Chat with Me

I totally agree with you. It’s not ok at all. For them to be so negligent with peoples belongings is terrible!

10. It’s disrespectful. Once again I’m not trying to be preachy or anything, but I’ve had my fair share of airline problems. I hate to see it happens to other people

StacyPretty likes this.
  11. StacyPretty
    Chat with Me

Damn right! They’re not getting off easy on this! Purely unacceptable. I payed over 500 dollars for that flight. The least they could have done was handled my belongs better. :(

IMG_1396.jpg

12. StacyPretty
    Chat with Me

They definitely need to start being held accountable for their actions. They get off to easy mistreating people and their belongings!

13. I like the picture lol. But yeah, you gave them your service and that’s how you were repaid..... no not okay

StacyPretty likes this.
  14. StacyPretty
    Chat with Me

Lol I love memes and gifs! Oh no this will not stand. Fight the power! Lol! But seriously I just want them to actually show some kind of responsibility for this.

IMG_1397.jpg

15. Lol I like that one too. Good for you Stacy! I’m believing firmly it’s gonna work out for you :)

StacyPretty likes this.
  16. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

Oh crap. I'm using those bozos for the flight to Reno Labor Day weekend. But I paid for a first class ticket, so I expect them to handle my stuff, if not with kid gloves, at least with respect. (and amazingly, I didn't have to pay an arm and a leg for first class either. Now, going home first class, that's a whole different story)

Now, how will Alaska Airlines hold up on the return leg home?

StacyPretty likes this.
  17. lover5
    Chat with Me

lover5 Well-Known Member

Stacy I fly a lot and I have watched them just throw bags like trash with no care at all. Everyone is in a hurry and bags are damaged consistently. Fuck them make them pay

StacyPretty likes this.
  18. StacyPretty
    Chat with Me

I’m definitely going to make them pay. They asked my if I have flyers mileage program and I told them no. I knew they were going to try and pull that crap saying they can only give me frequent flyer mileage. Now they have no choice but to pay me back. >:)

IMG_1400.gif

19. StacyPretty
    Chat with Me

Well pray for your luggage. There’s no telling what’s going to happen. I was hoping that they would see that this is a pricey bag and not damage it. Lol.

20. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

I think I should be okay on the first leg leaving home. It's when I get to LAX for the flight to Reno is where I begin to worry. It's about an hour or so I'm laying over in LAX, so the main concern is will the bags follow me. Alaska Air has a good reputation but I'll be putting it to the test when I fly home.

But keep on them and make them pay! That is totally inexcusable. Be prepared to shame them on the internet and Twitter if need be. Usually that gets results.

21. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

Also, Stacy, keep in mind that if there is one thing you take away from your time at the ranch, it's knowing how to negotiate. I know that's a skill that they teach you, and while some girls hate to negotiate, it does pay off for them in the long run. Just imagine if a car salesperson was trying to screw you in pricing, you would see their tactics right away and be able to counter it. I read an article where Alice Little used her negotiating skills learned from the ranches to cut a good deal on some property she and her friends bought. I suspect the sellers were trying to screw them and Alice shot them down (much to their surprise).

Point here is, stick to your goal, be prepared for their tactics (i.e. stalling, offering lesser items like mileage, etc.), be able to recognize said tactics and counter them appropriately and keep them off balance. Their goal is to wear you down or make you accept a lower cost alternative or make you give up and forget about it.

22. kzgurl
    Chat with Me

kzgurl Active Member

Not too cool! I hope they reimburse you for the full amount.

StacyPretty likes this.
  23. StacyPretty
    Chat with Me

Most definitely. I use to sell cars before here and not to mention many other sales jobs. So I can definitely do whatever needs to be done ;)

24. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

I almost feel sorry for them. Ah, who am I kidding? I hope they squirm as they reimburse you.

You'll find out next Saturday if I had a good trip or not. I revised the travel so that I fly out of Hawaii at 7:30 am Friday but I arrive at Reno around 6:30 pm same day. The question now is will my baggage follow me to Reno from the LAX layover. It's going to be tight (about 45 minutes).

25. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

Oh, and did you get a chance to eat Cumisha's lumpias? You mentioned on another thread that she was making them, and I said you should indulge yourself due to the baggage dilemma.

26. Give’m hell Stacy!

27. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

Change in plans: I'm now flying American both ways. I hope it goes well....

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  28. StacyPretty
    Chat with Me

OH GOSH!! GOOD LUCK :O

29. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

Well, if it things go south on the way up, we'll both be at the bar at Kit Kat crying in our drinks.....:eek:

30. wrb55rosco
    Chat with Me

wrb55rosco Well-Known Member

Looks like this was over a week ago. You put in your claim , with American. What was their response? Anything yet?

31. JessicaKitten
    Chat with Me

JessicaKitten JessicaKitten at kitkatranch luxury companion

I hope you've been able to hear back from them since your last conversation with them.

32. alk47
    Chat with Me

alk47 Active Member

I would also report this to the Better Business Beaureau in addition to social media.