HISTORY OF VIRGINIA CITY - AWESOME EXPERIENCE

Discussion in 'Kit Kat Ranch Forum (Carson City)' started by cumishaamado, Jul 20, 2019.

1. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

cumishaamado Love Virgins, Couples & Girlfriend Experience

[​IMG]

Mines & Mining History

[​IMG]
    Mountains of Silver and Gold

The city, born in 1859, only took a year for miners to become proficient in digging underground to find both gold and silver. One early method included square-set timbering, developed by a German engineer, which allowed miners to safely extract ore from hundreds of feet below the surface. Virginia City quickly advanced in many ways and because of the wealth established here, it was one of the reasons Nevada became a state.

With more than 100 mines in the Comstock area, seven million tons of silver ore were produced – equating to more than $600 million in both silver and gold in today’s money. Among many things, this money helped to build San Francisco to what it is today as well as finance the Union in the Civil War.

Irishman John Mackay came to the Comstock as a poor miner with not a penny to his name. However, it wasn’t long until Mackay acquired the Kentuck Mine (in three years it produced $3.6 million in ore) and was superintendent for the Bullion Mine. Mackay then joined forces with fellow Irishmen James Flood, James Fair and William O’Brien to construct a new mine that they believed would be the most prosperous endeavor yet – they were right.

The Consolidated Virginia Mine (aka Con Virginia) boasted the “Big Bonanza” and the four Irishmen became known as Silver Kings. John Mackay, who had the largest share, was now “the richest miner on earth.” Starting in 1873, the Con Virginia and the California Mine (Mackay’s other mine), produced about $3 million per month for three years. After 22 years in production, the two mines would produce $180 million in both silver and gold.

Silver and gold made Virginia City an iconic mining town, one that will forever be recognized as one of the greatest. It also formed the character of Nevada, and to a greater extent, the nation as a whole.

Visitors can experience this rich and colorful time period as they explore Virginia City’s museums, historic buildings, and of course, some of its mines. Listed below are several options that open the door into the world of Nevada’s mining boom.

VIRGINIA CITY MINES

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CHOLLAR MINE TOURS

With its riches first located in 1859, the Chollar Mine (later the Chollar-Potosi) was one of the leading producers on the Comstock. From its found to the next 80 years, miners blasted and carted out some $17 million in gold and silver. The Nevada Mill was erected on the site in 1887 to process the vast amounts of ore taken out of the Chollar Mine. Today the mine is open for visitors. A guided tour lasts a half hour and is a 400 foot level walk. Visitors will see the original square-set timbering, silver ore, rock drills, as well as displays of old equipment.

Season:
    May to October

Mine Tour Office
    615 S. F Street
    P.O. Box 727
    Virginia City, NV 89440
    ChollarMineTours.com
    775-847-0155

[​IMG]

COMSTOCK GOLD MILL

Virginia City’s mining history comes alive with the last fully operational stamp mill dating back to the 1860s and built by Joshua Hendy in San Francisco as a two stamp Gold Mill. See how gold was processed from ore to recovery. A narrated tour is educational and fun put there are lots of historical mining equipment in one place to see.

Season:
    May to October

Outlaw Dave
    775-636-1398

[​IMG]

DANCIN CRYSTALS MINING COMPANY

The DanCin Crystals Mining Company is a unique shop where customers can dry pan for crystals, minerals, fossils, shark teeth and much more.

Season:
    May to October, open 7 days a week; November to April, call ahead

65 N. C Street
    Virginia City, NV 89440
    775-410-0690

DancinCrystals.com
    [​IMG]

MARSHALL MINT

The Marshall Mint began minting operations in Virginia City in 1991 to offer a quality of jewelry and “proof like” minted product rarely found today by the public. The Marshall Mint features a full line of custom gold and silver medallions, nuggets, collector coins and currency, bullion, jewelry and a world-class mineral and gem museum. Visitors to the Marshall Mint can see the actual coins minted and jewelry produced in the press and assembly rooms. The museum grade specimens are for sale to collectors and dealers. The Marshall Mint is located in the historic Assay Office building, built in 1861. It is a significant landmark where miners celebrated their rich assays or mourned their losses.

Season:
    Open year round

96 North C Street
    Virginia City, NV 89440
    775-847-0777

marshallmint.com

[​IMG]

PONDEROSA MINE TOUR

The Best and Belcher Mine tour is a 25-minute guided tour featuring over 300 pieces of antique mining equipment on display. See complete underground mine workings – tunnels, crosscuts, drifts, stopes, raises, winzes and shafts. The Ponderosa Mine is located in the Ponderosa Saloon, formerly the Bank of California.

Season:
    May to October

106 South C Street
    P.O. Box 314
    Virginia City, NV 89440
    775-847-7210

[​IMG]

VIRGINIA CITY MINING COMPANY

Bring the family and pan for gold and gems on the Comstock.

Season:
    May to September

171 S. C Street
    Virginia City, NV 89440
    775-847-7744

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

About | Resources | Media | Connect With Us

[​IMG]

Virginia City Tourism Commission
    86 South “C” Street • P.O. Box 920
    Virginia City, NV 89440

775-847-7500
    [email protected]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Copyright © 2018 Virginia City Tourism Commission. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Site by Antos Agency

[​IMG]

Below the Surface

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Virginia City made a name for itself when eager prospectors struck it rich and the Comstock Lode was born. The small mining camp quickly became one of the largest cities west of Denver reaching a population of approximately 25,000.

Today, its trusty wooden sidewalks welcome visitors who come to see this real-life bonanza and see for themselves the legends heard around the world. But it’s the folks that call Virginia City home that make this 1,200-resident town a must stop. Meet some of our real-life characters and go below the surface.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

About | Resources | Media | Connect With Us

[​IMG]

Virginia City Tourism Commission
    86 South “C” Street • P.O. Box 920
    Virginia City, NV 89440

775-847-7500
    [email protected]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Copyright © 2018 Virginia City Tourism Commission. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Site by Antos Agency

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  2. IndyaBaby
    Chat with Me

IndyaBaby Well-Known Member

Virginia City is so fun and full of history!! I love it there!! Book your outdate to Virginia City with @cumishaamado today !!!

Leo Goodale likes this.
  3. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Thanks @IndyaBaby for liking my post!!! You are amazing!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

kzgurl and Leo Goodale like this.
  4. AjaMercury
    Chat with Me

AjaMercury Heavenly Mercury Incarnate

Great outdate Ideas as always................................

kzgurl likes this.
  5. JessicaKitten
    Chat with Me

JessicaKitten JessicaKitten at kitkatranch luxury companion

You've heard me say it before but you are like google for all things in the area! Honestly, you know about so many fun activities! I love that you help give us amazing information about what all everyone can do!

Book your party with @cumishaamado today for an experience worth reliving!

kzgurl likes this.
  6. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Thanks @JessicaKitten for your kind words and support!!! You are awesome!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

kzgurl and JessicaKitten like this.
  7. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

kzgurl likes this.
  8. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Thanks @IndyaBaby for your kind words and compliments!!! We'll have to go there again!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

kzgurl likes this.
  9. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

kzgurl likes this.
  10. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Thanks @IndyaBaby for liking my post!!! You are awesome!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

11. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Thanks @JessicaKitten for your kind words and support!!! You are awesome!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

12. AjaMercury
    Chat with Me

AjaMercury Heavenly Mercury Incarnate

Great info cumisha, always helping out with local events!

Leo Goodale likes this.
  13. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Awe - thanks @AjaMercury for your kind words and support!!! You are amazing!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

Leo Goodale likes this.
  14. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Thanks @Leo Goodale for liking my post!!! You are a "Sweetheart"!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

Leo Goodale likes this.
  15. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Thanks @Leo Goodale for liking my post!!! You are awesome!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

Leo Goodale likes this.
  16. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Thanks @Leo Goodale for liking my post!!! You are a "Sweetheart"!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

17. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Thanks @AjaMercury for your kind words and support!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

18. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Leo Goodale likes this.
  19. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Awe - thanks @IndyaBaby for your kind words and support!!! You are awesome!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

20. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Thanks @IndyaBaby for liking my post!!! You are awesome!!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

21. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Thanks @Leo Goodale for liking my post!!! You are a "Sweetheart"!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

Leo Goodale likes this.
  22. JuniperJones
    Chat with Me

JuniperJones Well-Known Member

that looks amazing.. such a beatuiful place !

23. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Awe - thanks @JuniperJones for your kind words and support!!! You are awesome!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

24. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Thanks @JuniperJones for liking my post!!! You are amazing!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

25. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Thanks @AjaMercury for your kind words and support!!! You are awesome!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

26. I love it! I'm on my way to VC right now! Xo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

27. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Awe - thanks @ImogenSteele for sharing you thoughts and support!!! You are awesome!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

ImogenSteele likes this.
  28. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Thanks @ImogenSteele for liking my post!!! You are so sexy and adorable!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

29. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Thanks @JuniperJones for your kind words and support!!! You are awesome!!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

ImogenSteele likes this.
  30. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Thanks @ImogenSteele for liking my post!!! You are awesome!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

31. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Awe - thanks @JuniperJones for your kind words and compliments!!! We should do a 2 Girl Crossover Party together!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

32. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

The Camel Ostrich Races are next weekend - Who wants to experience Virginia City with me? We can eat lunch at Cafe Del Rio and enjoy eating the "Gospel Chicken Salad" and the "Steak Tacos with the Rice & Beans" (Both are YUMMY).[smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

33. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Are you new in town? I'm the perfect "Luxury Companion/Tour Guide" for you and you will have many memorable experiences to cum!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

34. kzgurl
    Chat with Me

kzgurl Active Member

Don't be shy.... you can have an amazing outdate with one of our beautiful Kitties just waiting for you to choose them~ Why not have one on each arm? Don't just experience history, make history living out one of your many fantasies!!!