Happy Good Friday, Happy Easter, and Happy Resurrection Day!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JerryVestal, Mar 28, 2024.

1. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I want to wish you all a Happy Good Friday, Happy Easter, and Happy Resurrection Day! If you have any easter favorite Easter memories, Easter movies, and/or favorite Easter songs religious and/or regular songs let's hear them!

Normally I would post an inspirational lesson on the "Inspirational lessons, verses, and songs" post, but with it being a Holy spiritual weekend, I figured it would be good to go in-depth with what "Good Friday" actually means and why is it called Good Friday, up to Easter Sunday being Resurrection Day.

Okay well, let's start with "Good Friday." Why do we call it "Good Friday" if JESUS CHRIST suffered by the hands of the Pharisees and the Roman soldiers and died on the cross? Isn't that an oxy-moron of terms? Not really, but to the world now-a-days it would be. At that time once a year the Jewish people would come from all the regions of Rome, all parts of the middle east to the Jewish temple in Israel to do remembrance of Passover which is Holy Week to those of the Jewish and Chrisitan faith. The Pharisees didn't like the fact that JESUS CHRIST was spreading the truth to the Jewish people; poor, rich, old, young, sick and lame, healthy to GOD with repentance through the heart and mind to seek redemption of sins, oppose to what the Pharisees were adding that if you had lots of money and possessions and only rich and healthy could be forgiven and saved. Pretty much JESUS was calling the Pharisees a bunch of money-grubbing hypocrites and they didn't like that at all, besides they thought, who is this upstart to judge them and tell them how to run the Jewish faith. Basically, HE is the SON of GOD, GOD in the Flesh, AUTHOR of Creation, the ONE who spoke to their ancestors Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham, Issac, Jacob, and Moses in how to lead their people that's WHO!
    So, the Pharisees conspired to arrest JESUS CHRIST under the cover of night on the second to last of day of Passover under false pretenses and with false testimonies in hoping to crucify HIM and be rid of HIM. Well, when the false arrest happened, the followers of JESUS CHRIST went to the Roman soldiers to tell them a great unholy travesty was happening, the soldiers were worried about an uproar would disrupt their control of the Jewish people and over Israel. Well, after the Pharisees found JESUS CHRIST "guilty" of committing heresy, Pilate the Roman governor over Israel, told them after hearing JESUS's side of the judgement, which wasn't a lot, that Pilate found no guilt in the case against JESUS CHRIST, but still the Pharisees and their blind followers still called for JESUS CHRIST to die in the worst way imaginable. So, Pilate instead sent JESUS to be whipped and flogged and we're not talking about the S&M light stuff, this was serious beating sticks and metal claws on cat-of-nine-tails whips, the kind that rips the flesh from your body. Pilate hoped the beating would be enough to satisfy the Jewish leaders and their followers, but nope, they still wanted JESUS CHRIST dead, so Pilate said so be it, but Pilate said his hands are clean from the guilt, but they weren't. So, JESUS CHRIST with two condemned criminals were told to carry their crossbeams to the place of crucifixion, only JESUS carried a full cross through town, up a hill many miles to the place where all three were nailed and hung up on the crosses. This continued from noon until maybe three o'clock our time. during that time the pharisees, the soldiers and one of the criminals constantly mocked JESUS CHRIST while HE was still suffering from the beating, whipping from before and being nailed to the cross.

Here's the kicker, instead of JESUS CHRIST call all the powers of Heaven and the universe to kill the human race for the evil they did to HIM, instead HE pleaded with FATHER GOD to forgive them because, quoting JESUS CHRIST: Then said JESUS, FATHER, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted HIS raiment, and cast lots. SAINT LUKE 23: 34 KJV.

Sometime during the crucifixion the two other criminals spoke up and here it is: 39) And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on HIM, saying, If thou be CHRIST, save THYSELF and us. 40) But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear GOD, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? 41) And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this MAN hath done nothing amiss. 42) And he said to JESUS, LORD, remember me when THOU comest into THY KINGDOM. 43) And JESUS said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with ME in paradise. 44) And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour. 45) And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst. 46) and when JESUS had cried with a loud voice, HE said, FATHER, into THY hands I commend MY SPIRIT: and having said thus, HE gave up the GHOST. 47) Now when the centurion saw what was done, he glorified GOD, saying, Certianly this was a righteous man. SAINT LUKE 23: 39-47 KJV

That same day followers of JESUS CHRIST buried him in a cave that was purchased by a rich and respectable man. On the third day two ladies that were followers and close friend of JESUS CHRIST went up to the burial to request the soldiers to allow them to bring spices for the body of JESUS CHRIST as is the custom of Jewish burials. Here's the shocker: 1) Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them. 2) And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre. 3) And they entered in, and found not the body of the LORD JESUS. 4) And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold two men stood by them in shining garments: 5) And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead? 6) HE is not here, but is risen: remember how HE spake unto you when HE was yet in Galilee, 7) Saying, the SON of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again. 8) And they remembered HIS words, 9) And returned from the sepulchre, and told all these unto the eleven , and to all the rest. SAINT LUKE 24: 1-9 KJV.

Now you're wondering, okay, so how does this explain why we have GOOD Friday? During Passover there had to be a scape-goat type of offering to pay for our sins, many times the offering was of an unblemished lamb to take our place of us for our sins against GOD. Before time and Creation GOD knew we would screw up and we could never fully pay our way into Heaven, but JESUS CHRIST agreed to be the ONE and ONLY sacrificial lamb for our sins so that one day through belief in HIM and what HE did for us, we would be accepted into Heaven and not be sent to Hell instead for all eternity. Many think, well, if I do good deeds, I should be okay to get into heaven; yeah, right. If you believe that, I have some ocean-front property to sell you in Colorado too. It states in the HOLY BIBLE: 6) JESUS saith unto him, I am the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE: no man cometh unto the FATHER, but by ME. 7) IF ye had known ME, ye should have known MY FATHER also: and from henceforth ye know HIM, and have seen HIM. SAINT JOHN 14: 6-7 KJV.

So, in turn as to why we have GOOD Friday and Easter is to remember what JESUS CHRIST did for us out love for us so strong HE would take our every sin and eternal death to cross with HIM to defeat sin and death on HIS Resurrection on Easter Day and to remember one day which is Judgement Day that HE is coming to take HIS followers home to be with HIM in Heaven for all eternity. The price was paid, HE just asks us to be faithful and loving to FATHER GOD, JESUS CHRIST, and the HOLY SPIRIT. 12) And behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with ME, to give every man according as his work shall be. 13) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Revelations 22: 12-13 KJV.

If you want to accept the LORD JESUS CHRIST as your Saviour, there is no better time than now, for we are not promised tomorrow.
    Just pray this prayer whole heartedly: Dear GOD, I am a sinner and need forgiveness. I believe that JESUS CHRIST shed HIS precious blood and died for my sin. I am willing to turn from sin, even though I will struggle with it every day. I now invite CHRIST to come into my heart as my personal Saviour. Amen.
    Congratulations, now you're adopted into the family.

As an Easter Gift to you all, you have forever free access to PureFlix.com on my dime on my account.
    username: [email protected] The password is either GoIndians1975! or GoBrowns1975! I forgot which on it is just try either one. It will get you free access to Christian and family movies, documentaries, nostalgic movies and tv shows, a many other genre you all may like. Happy GOOD Friday and have a HAPPY RESURRECTON Easter! I love you all!

Here are a few Easter songs I loved.
    "YAHWEH" by Stryper from their "Fallen" album, "The Old Rugged Cross" by Alan Jackson from his "Precious Memories" album, and HE Lives by Alan Jackson from his "Precious Memories 2" album.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
  2. SophiaSun
    Chat with Me

SophiaSun Well-Known Member

Happy Easter!!![smilie=call me.gif]
    Sophia Sun [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

JerryVestal likes this.
  3. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Happy Easter Miss @SophiaSun ! and GOD bless you! [smilie=be mine!.gif][smilie=call me.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=hot over you.gif][smilie=i love you1.gif]

4. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

cumishaamado Love Virgins, Couples & Girlfriend Experience

Thanks @JerryVestal for sharing your thoughts and I love your videos!!! Wishing you a "Happy Easter Weekend too"!!! You are awesome and special too!!! My prayers are always with you!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

JerryVestal likes this.
  5. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

You're very welcome, Ms. @cumishaamado ! I'm praying and wishing you a Happy Easter as well, Sweetheart! [smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=hot over you.gif][smilie=i love you1.gif][smilie=be mine!.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif] I already sent an Easter card to you and the Ranches earlier this week, if you don't receive them this weekend, they will be in next week! I love you!

6. AmaraGunner
    Chat with Me

AmaraGunner Your natural blonde goddess

This was a very sweet post! Happy Easter to you, too[smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

JerryVestal likes this.
  7. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

You're very welcome Miss @AmaraGunner ! Happy Easter to you too and GOD Bless you! [smilie=be mine!.gif][smilie=call me.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=hot over you.gif][smilie=i love you1.gif]

8. CamiParker
    Chat with Me

CamiParker America’s Sweetheart

Happy belated Easter, may your life be blessed. My Easter favourite is always always Dolly Parton’s rendition of “He’s Alive”. She sings it with so much emotion it really feels like she was honestly there… her grief, her guilt, her relief, her joy… it all feels so real

JerryVestal likes this.
  9. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Happy Belated Easter Miss @CamiParker ! [smilie=be mine!.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=hot over you.gif][smilie=i love you1.gif]