Grizzly (Jeremy) update on my health

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by grizzly, Jan 16, 2023.

1. grizzly
    Chat with Me

grizzly Well-Known Member

Many of you know I started at the ranches in the Spring of 2004, I have met so many amazing ladies, gentleman, staff over the years. I have been honored to support you ladies through all the political battles.

I have a couple of trips planned this year, however I am facing a few minor health scares right now. Due to my years of partying (alcohol), my soda and energy drink habit from working a high stress job and the struggle to eat reqular healthy meals at regular hours.

Shortly before moving to Texas I was diagnoised with what the doctor thought was Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Diesease.

Today January 16th, 2023 I went in to see my new doctor I finally found since moving to Texas. He diagnoised me with Hepatic steatosis, he is concerned since for the past year and half I was drinking a 6 pack of Dr. Pepper a day plus at least 3 Monster Energy drinks, to handle the stress that comes with working in a prison.
    I also have High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol and my Eye Doctor noticed a flame shape of blood with a white dot in my eye scan, which is potentially indicative of high blood pressure or diabetes.

On January 30th, I have to go in for a US Elastography and US Liver Test to see what the condition of my Liver is and if has gotten worse.

With the frame of mind I was in last year do to a serious incident that occured at the prison I work at., I didn't care what happened to me.

After taking almost 3 major back to back trips to get my mental health right, I met some amazing people that helped pull me off the ledge.
    Than just recently I decided to try and come back to the Ranches, now that Covid Protocols have been lifted.

I met an amazing lady at the Sagebrush online and got reaquainted with one I met through Dennis 7 yrs ago over Chinese.

I am trying on working on getting healthier, but gotta a admit facing a liver diesase is scary!

Any tips on exercises and reciepies you want to share I am open to all suggestions

Thankfully, I have made connections back at the ranch and I have a cheering section from my personal life that is giving me advice to help get me back in shape.

I am 5 ft 7 and weigh in at 253 lbs. I need to lose at least 10% body at and need to radically change my diet.

No more Sodas, Alcohol, gotta lower the carbs, saturated fats and reduce my sugar intake.

I ask the ladies and gentleman that I have met over the years to send me some warm fuzzy feelings as I deal with this health crisis.

As I have many adventures left in me at the ranches and in the paranormal field. Thank you for taking time to let me share with you

2. BigAlbowski
    Chat with Me

BigAlbowski Well-Known Member

I wish you health and happiness @grizzly .... I myself deal with health issues and it is no fun! Good luck going forward!
    [smilie=hi ya!.gif]
    Al

aztecwarrior2881 and grizzly like this.
  3. KikiLover
    Chat with Me

KikiLover ♛ Middle Eastern Princess ♛

“6 pack of Dr. Pepper a day plus at least 3 Monster Energy drinks” is A LOT!
    I’m not a doctor by any means but that definitely can not be good for you.. I would suggest cutting both of those things out and hopefully that’ll fix the damage that’s already been done. Replace them with water.. try to find another stress reliever. Sending healing :)

4. grizzly
    Chat with Me

Thank you @KikiLover ! Nope it was hard on the body, sleep cycle ect. I am primarily drinking water and the occasional green tea!
    I also am trying to do more meditation ‍♂️ and getting out in nature more

KikiLover likes this.
  5. Good for you @grizzly How are you feeling?

How long have you been on your new health lifestyle?

grizzly likes this.
  6. grizzly
    Chat with Me

It's been tough to adjust, I have not been at very long maybe 2 weeks

7. Canadian1987
    Chat with Me

Canadian1987 Well-Known Member

Good luck kicking that soda habit man that's going to be big.

People think you can't get addicted to that stuff you most certainly can and I assure you I was.

There was a point in my life where I could, and did go through a a case of 12 cokes, pepsi, root beer, whatever it was nearly every day.

A case of 24 might last 3 days and a case of 48 about a week.

Now while I can't tell you I have completely stopped I'm down to a case every couple months. I got it under control and I have lost between 50-75 pounds just from cutting that out, no sit ups, no running, nothing just cutting out the spda.

It's not easy but If I could do It's doable

Old Nick and grizzly like this.