WOW, time flies. Here is what I have been doing.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RebeccaBrite, Feb 24, 2021.

1. RebeccaBrite
    Chat with Me

RebeccaBrite Well-Known Member

Hello my freaky darlings!!

Wow, so it has been a year since I purchased my tickets to fly out for my first tour at the Sagebrush Ranch. My tour, and my fun, was cut short by the pandemic, but I look forward to touring again!

When I returned home I found myself receiving phone calls and emails from health care recruiters all around the US. I immediately sprang into action! I traveled to various hard hit states for short term contracts from April-June, this was before my state began having their own major outbreaks.
    In middle-late June I became a NC Covid Nurse. My sole purpose and job was working directly with hard hit COVID facilities. I was the FEW, I was one of the Nurses out there that chose to work exclusively with Covid patients. In August I began a Master's degree program!

Over the past year I have personally held the hand of nearly 200 dying individuals. I used my cell phone so people could talk via window visits in Skilled Nursing Facilities. I did everything in my power to fight this beast.

I have been vaccinated for Covid, and I cried while driving home from my 2nd shot. I saw a light at the end of the tunnel..
    Our Grand parents and Great Grand parents must have felt the same way with their polio vaccinations. It was a NEW vaccine, not tested for very long, but could end a disease that had lasting complications.

Mid February I lost a friend in a freak accident, I decided to take time off from Nursing to handle that loss and the other losses that suddenly compounded my sadness. I ALSO had a paper to write.

My PLAN was to work at the Ranches and pursue my Master's degree with ease, not working as a Nurse, but taking a break from the stress of being a Nurse. Through ALL of this I have zero regrets.

Right now I am working on homework, playing with my pet rats, and enjoying some *me* time.
    I look forward to returning to the Ranch. Hopefully I will get to party with you! I have already met and spoke with so many cool people.

Lots of

2. Your extensive update is very much appreciated, Miz @RebeccaBrite . A year ago, you were such a--pun intended--bright appearance on Livestream when the pandemic roof caved in but thank you for your brave work and dedication as a COVID nurse. Look forward to better times that actually may arrive now and hopefully meeting you at last when the Ranches open. Enjoy your well-deserved Me time!

RebeccaBrite likes this.
  3. BigAlbowski
    Chat with Me

BigAlbowski Well-Known Member

@RebeccaBrite ... Thank you sooo much for what you did to help during this pandemic! It takes very special people to make that sacrifice! I am sorry for your loss... Been a tough time for all (I lost 3 Uncles this year:(). But as you said hopefully the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter! God bless you Beautiful Lady!
    [smilie=i love you1.gif]
    Al

RebeccaBrite likes this.
  4. Lunch Buffett
    Chat with Me

Lunch Buffett Well-Known Member

Rebecca,
    Thank you for your hard work and courage. I remember one year ago, there was a lot of fear and uncertainty. I wish you luck in getting your Master's degree. You've accomplished so much and I think you'll do great things in the future.
    [smilie=be mine!.gif]

RebeccaBrite likes this.
  5. tahoebigbear
    Chat with Me

tahoebigbear Well-Known Member

special you are.....thanks for your update and your shared positive energy to those in need. sorry to hear of your loss and hoping for you to be able to recharge before climbing again. T

RebeccaBrite likes this.