The boys

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AsiaFoxxx, Jul 31, 2019.

1. so I have been watching the boys on amazon recently and I’ll say al though all characters are off brand it’s pretty darn good anybody else watching this

Tony Dark likes this.
  2. Tony Dark
    Chat with Me

Tony Dark Well-Known Member

I saw the first episode. The hero's remind me of the cool kids in High School everyone wants to be a part of the group you think they are so cool then when you get on the team you find out how Fucked up they are!
    It is a cool spin.
    I just got End Game on Digital and I'm watching the commentary it is so cool to hear what the creators were thinking! They leave the door open for...

AsiaFoxxx likes this.
  3. I heard the end game bonus features were good, I’m about 5 episodes in on the boys not as cool as marvel but kind of getting dark

Tony Dark likes this.
  4. Tony Dark
    Chat with Me

Tony Dark Well-Known Member

The bonus stuff is so cool.
    I am going to try to watch more of the boys this weekend. The show has some dark humor. It's hard to go from Marvel to that. If you get a chance check out the Marvel Comic con panel it tells what is coming next.
    D23 is Disney's comic con and it is this month. They will tell you all about Marvel Star Wars and Disney Movies Disney plus and the shows that are going to be on there in November. When I see you we will have to geek out and talk about it.

5. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

Never heard of this show. I’m not sure about streaming from Amazon, given my history.

6. An old fart's The Boys (with attitude!)

THIN LIZZY:
    The Boys are Back in Town
    The Boys are back in Town

Guess who just got back today?
    Them wild eyed boys that have been away.
    Have they changed that much you say?
    I still believe they could pack the place
    They were asking if you were around
    How you was, where you could be found
    I told them you were living downtown
    Driving all the old men crazy

The Boys are back in town

Remember that chick that used to dance alot
    Every night she'd be out on the floor shaking what she got
    When I say she was cool I mean she was red hot
    I mean she was steaming

And that time over at Johnny's place
    Man that chichi got up and she slapped Johnny's face
    You can spread it all around the place
    If that chick don't want to go - forget her

The Boys are back in town
    Spread the word around
    Guess who's back in town

Saturday night they'll be dressed to kill
    Down at Dino's Bar and Grill
    Drinks will flow and blood will spill
    And if the boys wanna fight, you better let them

The jukebox in the corner blasting out my favorite song
    It's getting warmer, it won't be long
    Won't be long till the summer comes
    Now that the boys are here again

The Boys are Back in Town

7. Brassclaw
    Chat with Me

Brassclaw Well-Known Member

I just finished "The Boys" and I found it to be quite enjoyable. If you are looking for typical super hero series, this is not it. Its a deconstruction of the genre, built back in a more cynicism/realist point of view. It reminds of a Deadpool a bit, how it satirize the current movie landscape minus Ryan Reynolds popping jokes every 90 seconds or the 4 wall breaks. Production wise it reminds me of Zack Snyder movies, especially with the series color correction through out. Which isn't my favorite but is only a nit pick. Another criticism I would say is that the main character isn't that interesting. Hes a typical "fish out of water" character that by the end series, doesn't really grow.

Overall I like it, mostly because I have gotten "superhero fatigue" with the MCU and this comes off as a fresh take.

8. LittleLexxi
    Chat with Me

LittleLexxi Exotic Green Eyed Slim Petite Russian/Latina Bunny

I’ve never seen this! I’ll have to look into it.

9. I have never seen or heard of it but I'm now going to check it out thanks for this!!!