Return of WCW: Fantasy story on Smackdown vs Raw 2010

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Old Nick, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

3A2D1187-D3EF-4635-A5D3-F47B1230A153.jpeg

Smackdown vs Raw 2010 introduced a mode I wish had stuck with the series beyond WWE 2K14, and that was story designer mode. The ability to write your own shows was awesome! Forget about just setting up a card in GM Mode when you could write the script too!

I dreamed up a Return Of WCW storyline where Stacy Keibler announced revenge on WWE. Vince McMahon decides he wants to do away with the brand extension (which eventually happened on TV), and he sets up a series of matches where the wrestlers that list would be fired. A great talent purge. These fired wrestlers along with my own created wrestlers, made up the new WCW faction, and would randomly assault wrestlers and run in on matches. The two leaders were Stacy Keibler and JBL, with Chris Jericho as the WCW champion. This turf war went on for longer than the original storyline, and culminated at Wrestlemania.

I got some serious praise for this storyline, and I was told that it was better than the one on TV. I think the reason this mode got the axe after 2K14 is that Vince found out that we book better shows than he does. I hope it comes back in a future title.

grizzly likes this.
  2. grizzly
    Chat with Me

grizzly Well-Known Member

Heck I like your idea! I went to an AEW live show and to me it was better than any storytelling in the current wwe

Old Nick likes this.
  3. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I think AEW seems to have a better product, but Tony Khan had no idea what to do with all the talent Vince fired. Fortunately, Triple H rehired a good chunk of them.

grizzly likes this.
  4. Canadian1987
    Chat with Me

Canadian1987 Well-Known Member

I'm picking up 2k23 in a couple days, it looks pretty good, also picking up Resident evil 4 remake, never played the original

Old Nick likes this.
  5. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Let me know if WWE 2K23 is worth grabbing a whole new console for. I’m sure there won’t be a Switch port. Also, the original RE4 was pretty good. I had it on the GameCube. I loaned it out, never got it back. I had it in the Wii, and it got pawned.

6. Canadian1987
    Chat with Me

Canadian1987 Well-Known Member

I mean It's 2k23 It's not going to be worth a whole new console.

But you know what is? God of War Ragnarok.

If you haven't done so, play that immediately

Old Nick likes this.
  7. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I hadn’t bought a WWE game since the Switch port of 2K18. God, it was horrible!