About Me Mythology: Greek, Hawaiian, Norse. Oh My!

Discussion in 'Sagebrush Ranch Carson City Forum' started by TamsynNyx, Oct 28, 2019.

1. I have a passion for mythology and legends. My three top are:

Greek
    4db7f3771f97e9c523786229b146110e.jpg

Hawaiian
    a9b2e6bfef3154f0eac8bdee8e392685.jpg

Norse
    7c16c4a362a911918f70d36a341183bb.jpg

I also love many more too. I love to talk about it also, anything from forbidden love, quirky, or superstitions we believe in today because of a legend or myth.

This thread I plan on posting some of my favorite mythology and lore I know of.

I would love for you to write about some of your favorite myths or legends you know of. I am always searching for more fun stories.

9442fab42c84f24e95c8070a829c89e5.jpg

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

2. I love mythologies of the world too, my favorite is Norse! Freya guides me...
    I also love Tolkien's fantasy world, I wish I was one of the High Elves. If someone booked a role play party and asked me to be Galadriel I would be the happiest woman alive..
    Hopefully we get a chance to chat in person one of these days!

Freya

TamsynNyx likes this.
  3. Look up Aztec mythology. Some epic stories in there :)

TamsynNyx likes this.
  4. Pele the goddess of fire. My favorite goddess possibly because im a fire sign: Aries. And she lives on my home island.

View attachment 189619

Described as: "She-Who-Shapes-The-Sacred-Land" in ancient Hawaiian chants, the volcano goddess, Pele, was passionate, volatile, and capricious. In modern times, Pele has become the most visible of all the old gods and goddesses. Dwelling in the craters of the Big Island's Kilauea Volcano, she has been sending ribbons of fiery lava down the mountainside and adding new land around the southeastern shore.

Favorite story:
    Pele was among the first voyagers to sail to Hawai'i, chased by her angry older sister, Namakaokaha'i because Pele had seduced her husband.
    Pele landed first on Kaua'i, but every time she thrust her o'o (digging stick) into the earth to dig a pit for her home, Namakaokaha'i goddess of water and the sea, would flood the pits. Pele moved down the chain of islands in order of their geological formation, eventually landing on the Big Island's Mauna Kea, which is considered the tallest mountain on earth when measured from its base at the bottom of the ocean.
    Even Namakao-kaha'i could not send the ocean's waves high enough on Mauna Kea to drown Pele's fires, so Pele established her home on its slopes. Here, she welcomed her brothers.
    A cliff on nearby Kilauea Mountain is sacred to her eldest brother, Kamohoali'i, king of the sharks and the keeper of the gourd that held the water of life, which gave him the power to revive the dead. Out of respect for this brother, to this day, Pele never allows clouds of volcanic steam to touch his cliff.

Because of Pele Mauna Kea is the equivalent to Greek mythology Mount Olympus where most of the gods call home. This is why Mauna Kea is so scared to the Hawaiian people. We are Mauna Kea all thanks to Pele.
    She has so many amazing stories this is just one I learned growing up on the Big Island.

Tamsyn Nyx

Attached Files:

5. 739bbe27b95c0bd27986f972e7b01b75.jpg

Pele the goddess of fire. My favorite goddess possibly because im a fire sign: Aries. And she lives on my home island.

Described as: "She-Who-Shapes-The-Sacred-Land" in ancient Hawaiian chants, the volcano goddess, Pele, was passionate, volatile, and capricious. In modern times, Pele has become the most visible of all the old gods and goddesses. Dwelling in the craters of the Big Island's Kilauea Volcano, she has been sending ribbons of fiery lava down the mountainside and adding new land around the southeastern shore.

Favorite story:
    Pele was among the first voyagers to sail to Hawai'i, chased by her angry older sister, Namakaokaha'i because Pele had seduced her husband.
    Pele landed first on Kaua'i, but every time she thrust her o'o (digging stick) into the earth to dig a pit for her home, Namakaokaha'i goddess of water and the sea, would flood the pits. Pele moved down the chain of islands in order of their geological formation, eventually landing on the Big Island's Mauna Kea, which is considered the tallest mountain on earth when measured from its base at the bottom of the ocean.
    Even Namakao-kaha'i could not send the ocean's waves high enough on Mauna Kea to drown Pele's fires, so Pele established her home on its slopes. Here, she welcomed her brothers.
    A cliff on nearby Kilauea Mountain is sacred to her eldest brother, Kamohoali'i, king of the sharks and the keeper of the gourd that held the water of life, which gave him the power to revive the dead. Out of respect for this brother, to this day, Pele never allows clouds of volcanic steam to touch his cliff.

Because of Pele Mauna Kea is the equivalent to Greek mythology Mount Olympus where most of the gods call home. This is why Mauna Kea is so scared to the Hawaiian people. We are Mauna Kea all thanks to Pele.
    She has so many amazing stories this is just one I learned growing up on the Big Island.

Tamsyn Nyx

6. JuniperJones
    Chat with Me

JuniperJones Well-Known Member

Awesome post! Thanks for sharing girl

TamsynNyx likes this.