About Me MercysWorld - It's Always Wine O'Clock

Discussion in 'World Famous BunnyRanch Forum (Carson City)' started by MercyMoselle, Mar 15, 2019.

1. MercyMoselle
    Chat with Me

MercyMoselle Football Fanatic

"Not all girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice. I'm made of sarcasm, wine and everything fine."

Only once in blue moon will you catch me with anything other than wine or champagne in my glass, and if you do - it's patron, in which case TEQUILA MAKES HER CLOTHES FALL OFF.

(#BLONDEMOMENT) Once upon a time before I became a wine snob, I drove past a vineyard and referred to the grapevines as "wine trees", said witness will never let me live this down. :oops::rolleyes::oops:

Red Wine vs. White Wine and what's the difference?

Wine gets its color from the skin of the grapes and also from something called Tannins.
    Wines that have little or no skin contact end up pink or white, with far fewer tannins.
    Wines that ferment with the skins for a longer period end up red, with high tannin content.
    As you’d imagine, red grape skins have more tannins than white grape skins.

Dessert Wine or Sparkling Wine?

Dessert Wine tends to be sweeter and quite literally, comes after a meal.
    Sparkling Wine has a significant amount of carbonation that occurs during fermentation or is injected after the fact.

Sparkling Wine vs. Champagne

"... Purists insist that only wine produced in the Champagne region of France should rightfully be called champagne or Champagne, but there are no laws in the U.S. governing that distinction. So, if you think you’re getting a steal on a bottle of imported “champagne” for only $12, you should probably check the label a bit more closely."

My hops allergy is what established my appreciation for wine.
    What is your favorite style/type & why?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  2. grizzly
    Chat with Me

grizzly Well-Known Member

Not much of Champagne drinker, but I have had a good Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon. I have had Duckhorn Merlot and Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon

As far as hard liquor goes, I like Jameson Irish Whiskey

tahoebigbear and MercyMoselle like this.
  3. MercyMoselle
    Chat with Me

You’re brave - I absolutely cannot drink anything dark, but the two worst for Me would be Jameson & yager!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leo Goodale and grizzly like this.
  4. grizzly
    Chat with Me

Yeah maybe a little! Never was much for Tequila, I have tried patron but it was a bit strong for me. I have had Jose Cuervo Tequila before.

I usually do Tequila straight no lime no salt lol

5. MercyMoselle
    Chat with Me

OOOOOO! I don't know how you do that, back when I was much younger ;) I used to drink Tequila like it was water.. probably needless to say, I rarely had clothes on back in those days! LOL

Leo Goodale, grizzly and tahoebigbear like this.
  6. grizzly
    Chat with Me

Well we might have to do a party to see who can drink tequila until there clothes fall off:rolleyes::D

Never seen Tequila remove clothes before. Might be fun to try lol[smilie=heart fill with love.gif]:p

MercyMoselle likes this.
  7. So tequila it is then? Naked is life! LOL [smilie=hot over you.gif][smilie=hot over you.gif][smilie=hot over you.gif]:D:D:eek::D[smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

Leo Goodale, grizzly and MercyMoselle like this.
  8. MercyMoselle
    Chat with Me

You've never heard the country song? LOL

Leo Goodale likes this.
  9. MercyMoselle
    Chat with Me

TeKILLYA will definitely keep your hands full... of me, with me, whichever you prefer ..

Leo Goodale and Jessie Summers like this.
  10. grizzly
    Chat with Me

Actually nope, do not listen to country music that often lol

MercyMoselle likes this.
  11. I don't make choices of preference I just say of you or with you, it's all good!0

MercyMoselle likes this.
  12. MercyMoselle
    Chat with Me

It's Always Wine O'Clock Pt. 2
    Describing Your Favorite Wine:

There are a lot of snobby descriptors for wine, but the general terms that mean pretty much the same thing to everyone are as follows:

Sweetness: the opposite of sweet is dry.

Acidity: is responsible for making a wine refreshing or crisp. Sour means it's "too acidic" and a "fat" taste means that there is a lower acidity.

Tannins: High tannins tend to be bitter. Low tannins are more smooth or soft.

Body: Weight and viscosity. A full body will feel thick and heavy. A light body will feel like water.

Flavors: Fruity, Earthy, Spicy, Smoky or Flowery.

"In the wine world, you’ll inevitably hear a lot of discussion about “oak” or “oakiness” or “an oaky quality.” Oak flavor gets in your wine when it is either fermented or aged in oak barrels. If you’re a whiskey drinker, you already know how much of a big deal oak can be."

TIP: Pair oaky wines with salty food. Salt cuts the bitterness of oak in much the same way that salt makes shots of tequila go down smoother.

Wine or Whiskey?

Leo Goodale likes this.
  13. MercyMoselle
    Chat with Me

It's Always Wine O'Clock Pt. 3

Did I spark your curiosity in wine?

If you're tasting wine for the first time or trying to pin down a reference for your preferences, here is quick guide:

Popular Whites

Chardonnay – Fruity, buttery, with a velvety feel that’s atypical to dry white wines.
    Pinot Grigio (aka Pinot Gris) – Simple, light-bodied, dry and crisp.
    Riesling – Usually very sweet, with intense fruit flavors. Much lighter than chardonnay.
    Moscato – Fruity, and often sweet.
    Sauvignon blanc – Dry, tart and acidic with herbal flavors as well as tropical fruit.
    Popular Reds​

Cabernet sauvignon – Full-bodied with herbal notes. Younger cab has rich flavors of currant.
    Merlot – Fruity, spicy. Very soft, less tannic than Cabernet sauvignon.
    Pinot noir – Delicate and fresh, very soft tannins with fruity aromas.
    Zinfandel – Typically zesty, ranges from medium- to full-bodied and dry to off-dry.
    I prefer white wines over red, but either way no glass of wine is a wrong choice.

Is your glass red or white?

Leo Goodale likes this.
  14. MercyMoselle
    Chat with Me

Leo Goodale likes this.
  15. MercyMoselle
    Chat with Me

Wine is the answer. What was the question?
    18.jpg
    [smilie=call me.gif][smilie=call me.gif][smilie=call me.gif]

Leo Goodale likes this.
  16. MercyMoselle
    Chat with Me

As of right now my Final 2019 Tour is 9/17 - 10/16, I am cleared until Wednesday 10/16 at midnight.

With that being said, I'm happy to schedule for add'l availability outside of my current calendar for overnight, out-date, extended, or specialty parties during dates that are more convenient for you. What that would look like is us agreeing on a date and services, you calling in a deposit, and then I would be able to make travel arrangements to be here for your arrival. Our Dr. clearance can take up to 48 hours, for this reason leaving the deposit for our appointment in a timely manner is extremely important.
    It is customary under these special accommodations that a no call/no show, or late cancellation would result in the deposit being forfeited and added on to my books as a tip for any inconvenience; otherwise you can reschedule up to 72 hours before my departure flight and move the deposit to another date.

For me to do something like this and the house to make last minute accommodations for my stay as I do submit my schedule three months in advance, this option is reserved as a luxury accommodation I offer for top-tier bookings only.

Just in-case you haven't caught my updated my 2020 Tour Dates , this is what my calendar currently looks like:

May 5 - May 20
    June 9 - June 24
    July 7 - July 22
    August 4 - August 26

17. MercyMoselle
    Chat with Me

A special thanks to those who contributed to making my tours possible, my clients who's generosity has vibrated through my life, & all of my followers/supporters!
    [smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]