Memories of Dennis...

Discussion in 'Dennis Hof and Madam Suzette' started by Crock_Harker, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Crock_Harker
    Chat with Me

Crock_Harker Well-Known Member

Needless to say, I was devastated when I received the message from my good friend, BamaBert, that Dennis had passed away. I was proud to call him my friend. I just wanted to share some of my fondest memories of Dennis in hopes that it will provide a sense of comfort for those who are mourning his loss. I am hoping this will serve as a sense of grief therapy for myself as well.
    • The first time I truly got to know Dennis was during one of my earliest visits to the Bunny Ranch. I attended Madam Suzette's birthday party in December 2011. I had booked a room at the Gold Dust and used a driver for transportation to and from the hotel. The games had ended and the party seemed to be kicking into high gear with music and dancing in the parlor. I was at the bar and happened to look over to see Dennis sitting by himself (a rare occurrence, for he always had people around him). I decided to head over and introduce myself, as I had yet to meet him face to face. I walked over, produced my hand and said, "Mr. Hof, I'm Crock." He took my hand and without missing a beat said, "I've heard about you! You're the guy with the CHILI!" During my previous visit, I brought over two huge batches of chili, one for the Love Ranch North and one for the Bunny Ranch. He invited me to sit next to him and over the course of the next 3 hours, I got to know Dennis. He could not have been more congenial, gracious, open, friendly, or hospitable. He asked me where I was staying and I said that I had a room at the Gold Dust. He said that he would like for me to stay in one of the bungalows at the Bunny Ranch. I tried to decline his gracious offer, but he insisted and would not take no for an answer. He called out for Madam Suzette who came over and he asked if there was a spare room in which I could stay. She indicated there was and proceeded to sit down and chat with us for a while. The three of us continued to talk while the party began to wind down. He stood up to leave and Suzette and I stood up to go our separate ways. He stuck out his hand and said, "Anytime you want to come and visit, please let us know and if there is a guest room available for you, I want you to stay here." My jaw nearly hit the floor. I was completely blown away by his generous offer. I stumbled over my words to eek out a humble "Thank you" as he looked at Suzette and she nodded in agreement. From that day forward until my last visit before moving back East, there was ALWAYS a room for me (and later my closest friends) at the Bunny Ranch. I will never forget that first meeting with Dennis.
    • During a visit one weekend, I was sitting in the Bunny Ranch parlor one afternoon when Denyelle poked her head out of the office and said, "Hey Crock, Dennis wants to see you in his office." My first thought was, oh shit, what I did I do?!? I got up and headed up to Dennis's office, which was situated behind the pool at the Bunny Ranch. I knocked on the door and heard Dennis say, "Come in." I opened the door and said "It's Crock" and he heard him call me into his office area. I went in worried I was about to be banned for eternity from the Ranches. He was sitting at his desk and he asked me to sit down. I sat down and he proceeded to hand me a small package. I opened it up and it was a pair of what appeared to be expensive reading glasses. He said, "I heard you say you needed to get reading glasses and I had an extra set that I thought you might like." You see, during a previous visit, he must have heard me telling someone about the fact that after I turned 40, I started needing reading glasses. He obviously had heard that conversation or asked the person I was talking to about needing the glasses and remembered that I wore them. Again, I was moved beyond words at his very simple gesture. I still have those reading glasses.
    • Lastly, there was a never a time that I visited the ranches where I wasn't included in going places with Dennis and his entourage. I cannot begin to recount the many times we went out to dinner at his favorite restaurants throughout the area or even just across the street to his own Bunny Ranch Bar. Sometimes there were 10 of us and sometimes it was just me, Dennis, Suzette, and 1 or 2 other people. But if I was around when he was headed out someplace, an invitation to join him was ALWAYS extended to me.
    His overwhelming generosity was endless. From that very first meeting at Suzette's birthday party, until the last visit I ever had before moving, Dennis welcomed me into his home and into his family. He was a gracious and giving host and I will never forget how warm and big-hearted he was. I believe that I was fortunate enough to see a side of Dennis that few people ever got to see. I think he liked it that way. He liked for people to think that the larger than life, gruff exterior he had was who he really was. But to me, he was far from that.

Dennis, I will never forget you, nor your gracious generosity. You gave me a sense of family and belonging during a time in my life when I was desperately needing it. And for that, I will never forget you. Rest in peace, my friend.

“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” ~ Albert Pike

2. I met Dennis twice, both on "party trips" to the Nevada brothels, both memories seared into my brain, especially after hearing about his death. Numbing news, didn't believe it when I saw it, still trying to process it, very sad, so unexpected, which makes things so much harder :*(

In June 2017, I made my first-ever visit to a brothel. It was on a Sunday and I came into the place pretty nervous, but not showing it outwardly (I can hide that pretty well). After a long few hours of waiting for a plane in San Francisco on a layover, I finally got into Reno, and to Gold Dust West. I had 90 minutes to 'get ready' for a party, and the time went by incredibly quick. The party experience was awesome, the girl was amazingly beautiful and kind.

After the party, I was told, by the girl, "take a seat in the parlor, have a drink, I'm sure you can meet some of the girls". In the parlor seats along the wall next to the business office was Dennis, six of the working girls, and a couple of male guests (one was from San Diego as I recall)........Being tired and honestly in that awkward "not wanting to push my way into the convo" mode, I took a seat in the big couches near the fireplace.

After about three minutes or so, Dennis sees me and invites me into the group. I always appreciated just the invitiation, as I probably, without it, would have just "hung out" in the parlor, and who knows if I hit it off with any of the girls. I introduce myself as "Jessica Summers" from the message board and tell the group about my cross-dressing fetish, which he found quite interesting, and something that could really be used in the brothel setting to have tons of fun! :) I ended up really, really falling for one of the girls in the group, who flirted with me for the next couple of hours, and I'm still very interested in her to this day! Dennis even offered to have me "stay at the Bunny Ranch", which I politely declined (because I'm a dumbass LOL), but also because I had already settled into my hotel room across town, what a kind man to offer, I took him up on the offer to stay at Bunny the following April! :)

The second time I met Dennis was on one of the biggest nights of his life. I was visiting Love Ranch Vegas and had two nights of partying with one of the girls there. On the night of Dennis' election victory in June, he and his election staff return, about midnight, to celebrate with drinks, his cigar, and story-telling at LRV. I introduced myself again (in FULL guy mode this time) and he recognized me immediately. He summoned one of his workers to grab his book for me, and he signed it immediately. To meet Dennis again, on such a giant night in his life, an election victory, was so memorable. It also makes the fact that he didn't live to see the November election night totals incredibly sad.

RIP Dennis, you have a fan and admirer of how you lived your life forever. Your business acumen, and general kind spirit, definitely impacted my life!

BryceStevens, sonja, ColinSTL and 2 others like this.
  3. Words can't express how saddened I am to hear of your loss.

BryceStevens, sonja, ColinSTL and 2 others like this.
  4. Niceguy Eddie
    Chat with Me

Niceguy Eddie Well-Known Member

R.I.P. Dennis. My heart goes out to the ladies and the staff. I have many fond memories of time spent with Dennis. As hard as I try, I can't think of anything suitable to write.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    BryceStevens and sonja like this.
  5. Thanks guys.

Dennis had an absolute affinity for all our message board members. He truly appreciated you and your interaction with us in this forum.

Any message board member that ever met Dennis in person could attest, as I can, how his eyes lit up and how happy he was to meet you.

He is the only legal brothel and multiple legal brothel owner that could be found in the parlor of all of his brothels any given day and night.

He worked endlessly to promote us, our services and also entertain all of his customers and visitors alike as though.

He made EVERY one feel as though they were the most important persons on earth.

Now Dennis is one of the most important people in heaven.

We are all reeling in grief but everything will ultimately be OK. We will all keep his legacy alive.

We will love each other, love you and be the best we can be and selflessly serve others.

Thank you again for your condolences. We know you are grieving too. Our hearts pour out to you. God bless!