I did a thing today! Share your daily achievements big and small!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RoxyGold, Jul 1, 2019.

1. I feel you on that! Although I’m really grateful for the extension! :)

2. The Carson City Post office was running smooth, and I was able to get through the line pretty fast! :)

RunningSquirrel likes this.
  3. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

4. TiredFrog
    Chat with Me

TiredFrog Well-Known Member

I spent a couple hours out on my lake in the canoe this morning. It was so very quiet and the lake top was still and flat as glass. A beautiful start for the day and some good exercise!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    AlexaWu and RunningSquirrel like this.
  5. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

AlexaWu Well-Known Member

Amazing, you're awesome to pay it forward [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

6. C80FD0D9-82C8-4EA1-8514-F9DC5509921B.jpeg
    I did the exercise thing! :)

7. I created the distinction between “daytime pjs” and “nighttime pjs”! :)

8. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

joe carbols Well-Known Member

I planted 6 Brussels sprouts, 6 cauliflower plants, 20 square feet of butter crunch lettuce, 20 square feet of Romain lettuce, two 6 foot rows of Snow peas, snap peas, beets, leeks, carrots and shallots today.

This is the earliest I have ever gotten my garden planted. I have 16 celery plants that need three more weeks and a dozen tomato plants I’m just waiting for my last frost around mid May.

After that I worked in the woods and sawed and stacked about a cord of logs ( to be split later when my oldest son can visit me once the “All Clear” goes into effect.

Getting back to Foxy @RoxyGold and her daytime and nighttime PJ’s. Please share a photo or two showing us what you have discovered

AlexaWu and origlegman like this.
  9. My eyesight is bad...I thought that read “bjs” :)

AlexaWu and joe carbols like this.
  10. I guess that’s next on my “to do” list! ;)

11. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

I took 3 dozen fresh cut daffodils to my neighbor to brighten her day.

AlexaWu likes this.
  12. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

That was so sweet! Fresh flowers really brighten the room and I'm sure her day. [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

origlegman and joe carbols like this.
  13. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

It did brighten up her day @AlexaWu. She is a widow and new to the neighborhood so I try and help her out as best that I can. In return she made me some stuffed peppers for dinner on Tuesday. I reciprocated yesterday morning and since she has an all electric home and we had a tornado rip thru our neighborhood ( 1 mile away) we had no electric for 36 hours. I made some Crepe Suzette filled with strawberries for her and her niece who is living with her now. I just got the kitchen cleaned up as I have no electricity and no water from the well.

I agree the small token of daff’s have gone a long way this week with all that is going on in our neighborhood.

BTW she is getting some hyacinths later today. My house smells great but almost like a funeral parlor. The hyacinths have to go!!!

thanks for the kind words

JerryVestal, AlexaWu and origlegman like this.
  14. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Good man @joe carbols :) Stuffed peppers sound delicious and healthy! Your crepes sound delicious too! Yum!
    I love how hyacinths smell, please bottle the fragrance and send them telepathically! ;)
    Hope everyone and their homes were safe from the tornado. Do you have underground shelter?
    Hope you get electricity and water back ASAP. Please let us know if there's anything we can help with. Sending good wishes to you and your community [smilie=heart fill with love.gif].

joe carbols likes this.
  15. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Hi @AlexaWu thanks for the kind words, yes the stuffed peppers were awesome she used Sweet Yellow peppers and they were sooooooo tender. The crepes stuffed with strawberries were a hit for her niece as she never had them before. The Widow next door had not had any since 2004 when she was in Europe She was surprised an old fart like me could provide such a good breakfast without electricity and water. The kitchen was a mess but I took care of everything. I have power and water right now, but we are also having a Gale Warning (winds over 40 mph ) no telling if I will have power to take a shower but right after this note I am heading off to get the stink off of me.

Yes everyone in our neighborhood was safe and sound. The Tornado touched down on a cattle farm and none of the cows were injured only damage was about a dozen huge hay bales got ripped open and tossed around. Yes I am very fortunate to have a full 13 course basement for a shelter. It was a very loud and bright storm with plenty of thunder and lightning and the wind was terrible. But.... we all survived and the electric lines and poles did not. We are used to to living in the country. Those city folk always get first fixes on their utilities so we just tough it out . At this point there is nothing I could ask for but it is very sweet of you to ask and offer.

Thanks for the well wishes

JerryVestal and AlexaWu like this.
  16. I know you have a weakness for stuffed peppers, mister! Happy to hear that you're in good company these days :)

joe carbols and AlexaWu like this.
  17. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

You have seen me Foxy @RoxyGold. I like all kinds of food. There has not been a meal that I have missed.

I hope someday to enjoy Beautiful @baileypaige stuffed peppers and stuffed cabbage. I’m told they are outstanding. Of course we need to have all the Polish board members like @origlegman and @BigAlbowski and “Uncle” Bob along with any others to enjoy Bails cooking!!!!! I understand it is out of this world!!!!!!

origlegman likes this.
  18. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Hi there @AlexaWu. I dropped off two dozen hyacinths (still have 6 on the kitchen island and 6 in my bedroom) to the widow next door, ( I just had to get rid of the funeral parlor scent). Needless to say she loved them and her teen aged niece loved them.

They made fresh homemade lasagna ( No frozen Encore or Stouffers stuff) this was the real deal. She gave me half a tray. I’ll be eating it for the next 5 days. I had a plate for dinner it was awesome. She even made homemade focaccia bread.

It’s amazing what a little act of kindness gets you.

I hope you have a Freaky Friday and a wonderful weekend!!!

19. I’m proud to say that I’ve been getting better at couponing! Something that I was too lazy to do in the past! :)

RunningSquirrel and AlexaWu like this.
  20. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

You're a gem! Nothing quite beats homemade lasagna! Sounds divine. You just made my stomach grumble and I already ate!

Have a good weekend and stay safe [smilie=heart fill with love.gif] Message me if you ever want to talk :D

21. jax
    Chat with Me

jax Well-Known Member

Called my sister to check in with her and see that she's okay. It was good to hear her voice.:)

AlexaWu likes this.
  22. Jim DiGriz
    Chat with Me

Jim DiGriz Well-Known Member

I was supposed to jog yesterday but kept putting it off by saying "I'll just do it tonight". I finally did it and had a decent time.

And then it rained later that night - a thunderstorm!

AlexaWu likes this.
  23. Way to go! Show that procrastination who's boss! :)

24. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

Good job Miss Rebecca Brite! [smilie=hot over you.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

25. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

I finally paid off my Capital One credit card bill that I have been using to pay bills while waiting for my Social Security Disability case was won and got my first and back-pay received. Long time waiting, like a year and a half. $8, 941.00 . Now I just have to payoff my car that is on a loan payment though the dealership and pay my family back for helping me out, it will take about a year, but slowly and surely. After that no big bills, just few and small ones.

AlexaWu, Jim DiGriz and joe carbols like this.
  26. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Congratulations @JerryVestal that is wonderful news. Sounds like you are on a solid footing to financial independence. Way to GO!!!

27. Jim DiGriz
    Chat with Me

To be wealthy, you have to make a lot of smart choices. But to be comfortable you only have to do a few things right. One of those is staying out of debt - so congratulations!

28. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Must have felt great paying of the credit card. :) Sounds like you have a good payment schedule setup and will knock it out. Good job [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

JerryVestal likes this.
  29. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

You are a true Angel Miss Air Force Amy! [smilie=be mine!.gif][smilie=i love you1.gif][smilie=hot over you.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

30. Jim DiGriz
    Chat with Me

Several years ago, I let my yard go and it became infested with weeds - looked like it'd been abandoned. So for the past few years I pull a few weeds in the morning and a few in the evening during spring and summer, and sprinkle in some grass seed. I just mowed this weekend and it looks pretty good!

JerryVestal likes this.
  31. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

My older brother, Bill, and his wife, Heather, let my dad and mom and me know that of their youngest son, Zack (he is 18), got a Chemistry university award from the president of the university he goes to, on top of that, their oldest daughter, Loren (22), is graduating as a Senior at Youngstown State University as a Pediatric Physician Assistant (she may have a few more years left to get her masters and doctorate, I don't know), and their youngest daughter, Kylie, is having her 20th birthday at the end of May, and with Mother's Day coming up I got my brother's okay to send them a Dairy Queen gift card for them to get ice cream cakes for the two congrats and the birthday as well as Heather's Mother's Day cake. I put $100 on the card to cover all four $20.00 ice cream cakes and the extra $20.00 to cover for the writing on all four cakes and the taxes. My brother who is a Sheetmetal worker was told the shop where he works at is shutdown due to covid-19 going around and Heather works as a nurse at Southwoods Hospital, but they shortened her hours big time. I hoping the cakes help out a little.

AlexaWu likes this.
  32. I bet it looks great! And fresh mowed grass smells so good! :)

33. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

My dad, mom, and I planted Gladiolus flower bulbs like we always do around this time of year along the side of our garage. It is usually a mix of purple, peach/pink, and red colors.

34. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

did 2 loads of dishes, walked for an hour and going to take my mom to grocery shop soon

JerryVestal and RunningSquirrel like this.
  35. Fresh peaches at the market today! I made an awesome bar with them! :)

JerryVestal and RunningSquirrel like this.