How do you approach sex & sexuality?

Discussion in 'Sagebrush Ranch Carson City Forum' started by AustinShelby, Nov 17, 2021.

1. upload_2021-11-17_17-11-31.jpeg

How do you approach sex and sexuality?

Sexual Identity

Sexual health involves many aspects of our body system which all play an important role in enjoying sex, and gaining the most health benefits from it.

Part of our sexuality is taught to us by our social groups, regional, national identity, religious doctrine, religious leadership, and media. We’re told what we’re supposed to like, what we’re to desire, what’s right, what’s successful, our sexuality tied to our beliefs in social order, differentiated and similarized.

But we also seem to have a deep desire, a transcendent catalyst to pursue to be pursued, love to be loved, and desire to be desired, all within the context of how we were taught to approach sexuality, or, perhaps, against what we were taught…believing it’s a type of rebellion. The internal conflict may come out in different ways - shame, fear, curiosity, bravery.

Our sexuality is shared with someone who reflects both what we want in a partner and a piece of who we are — but when we jump into an intimate space, we have to shed our identity - clothes, shoes, jewelry, and everything else that separates us.

Once we recognize where our own sexual identities may come from, we can take the next step to figure out what really lights our fire, where identities burn and passion is dominant.

Sexual Desire

Sexual desires can manifest from many different places –
    • emotions
    • individual expectations & performance
    • stress
    • need for affection
    • need to give someone affection
    • desire for what we want
    • lust for what we can’t have
    Sexuality is a tension between what we know, and what we desire; what we need, and what we create, with the final resolution of submission to surrender to the unknown.

I approach sexuality as a connection and compass to another person or persons. I treasure sexuality as another way to communicate in a world with dissonance.

How do you explore your sexuality? How does your sexuality complete who you are?

I look forward to exploring this topic further on this blog. This is open discussion, and I will update this thread as I continue to explore the topic!! Feel free to discuss, ask questions, and comment! [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

xoxoxox,

Austin
    GFE Courtesan
    Sagebrush Ranch
    upload_2021-11-17_17-34-10.jpeg