General Howe's Dog

Discussion in 'LoveRanch North Lovers Forum (Reno-Carson City)' started by AstridLulpeck, Jul 13, 2019.

1. AstridLulpeck
    Chat with Me

AstridLulpeck Well-Known Member

Astrid's historical Renditions straight from the top of my head ..my favorite historical stories that means something to me ...we just started winning the war. General Howe's dog crossed Enemy Lines ....we returned his dog back to him through gunfire mischief and strife ...they found it quite rude that we were skiting saying, " haha we're winning " it was a gentleman's war and they were being gentleman and returning a man's dog back.. love you all..!! You 20190713_205735~2.jpg 20190713_205737~2.jpg 20190713_205950~2.jpg mean so much to me love Astrid

2. AstridLulpeck
    Chat with Me

Refering to George Washington during the Revolutionary War..

3. AstridLulpeck
    Chat with Me

The greatest American who ever lived....)

4. AstridLulpeck
    Chat with Me

Thanks guys how was your weekend

Sharky, ColinSTL and Marlin Groce Jr like this.
  5. Washington - truly a great man! There is a letter that survives that George write to his wife just before he was asked to be Commander-in-Chief of the Continental Armies. He agonized that he really did NOT want to accept, but felt it was his duty.

Over 6 feet tall (average man was 5'7") and a tough SOB from years of hard work - generally a gracious man, but known to "peel the paint from the walls" with his language when angry.

He could have easily called himself "King GeOrge, or his excellentcy, but he knew better, and set the example of the two term limit, except for FDR.

6. AstridLulpeck
    Chat with Me

Hiiiiiiiiii mickey...!!!!!!!!.. You took the mick out of it all right...!!! Before the washingtons came to america their patrons were the Spencers...a dark cloud came over their lives and the good Spencers were there to help..love with all my heart, astrid

Sharky, Mickey_St._James and ColinSTL like this.
  7. AstridLulpeck
    Chat with Me

That Duchess of Dev. Was a peach.......)

Sharky and ColinSTL like this.
  8. Hi Astrid!
    I need to get out of my reading rut - I've been reading up on all my old Elizabethan sources and notes to play in a Renaissance Faire this fall.

I will play Sir Henry Carey, 1st Baron Hunsdon, Queen Elizabeth's cousin (and maybe bastard half-brother, but we don't talk about THAT!)

Sir Henry was who Queen Lizzyboss wanted around when she wanted protection. He fathered 13 children with his wife and a few others with various mistresses. Interesting guy.

My first wife (RIP) was related to the Dudley's so I studied that family extensively, and some about the Spencers.

My own family, Blenkinsopp, was much less connected at court, but very involved in border warfare and clashes and Northern Politics. Built a couple of castles close to Hadrian's Wall and took possession of a couple more.

9. JuniperJones
    Chat with Me

JuniperJones Well-Known Member

How are you so cute.. Love you :eek:

10. AstridLulpeck
    Chat with Me

Always so nice to hear from Juniper Jones

Sharky likes this.